Daarej pour Homme

Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi

Daarej pour Homme is a popular perfume by Rasasi for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Mugwort, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by Lotus, last update on 22.06.2020.

Our Foolish Memories Are Ghosts of Past Reality
So here comes the big moment. With much anticipation due to the deepest love for the now begone Valentino V, I open up the box of Rasasi's Daarej, not knowing whether it would disappoint me or elevate me. With the first spray, I can tell it is harsher and more synthetic than my recollection of V. However, with every minute of drydown, it gets closer and closer to the DNA of the original V. About 30 minutes in, it smells like a memory, the shell of something that has now morphed into something different to the objective and precise record that we foolishly believe our memories to be. It feels so close, in fact it seems like it is V, but something is telling me it was a bit more complex, a bit better-blended, more dynamic, more nuanced. But it is still a fantastic perfume and it gets better and better with every minute of wear. I highly recommend trying it.

Anzariw
Dont judge this juice by its price
Daarej pour homme from Rasasi, Daarej an arabic word means common usual mainstream rather than vulgar, which i dont think it is...
I dont find anything special about the packaging or the bottle other than the distinctive purple juice
For my fresh noobie nose Daarej starts fresh and a bit floral, a cloud of cardamom and rose its messy a little bit but that settles pretty quickely 10-15min and then goes linear on a magical direction
a very classy seductive sweet amber with vanilla in a sensual masculine mixture,
i dont find Daarej very oriental or too spicy, i find it sweet not caramel candy sweet just the right dose of sweetness for me
the performance is great the skinscent is 12+h , with a moderate 3-4h sillage, on the cloths it lasts for weeks, and the cloud around the jacket after several days of spraying is absolutely magnificent
it is a versatile frag , Daarej is my actual winter signature, this winter we had a lot of warm days where i live and that wasnt a problem at all, with its moderate projection i think it will make it to my summer too
what i find staggering is despite the name Daarej "common" and the price it isnt common at all i never smelled it on any one so far is that a bad thing, of course NO
So bottom line this was a blind buy based on some excellent reviews from extraordinary people, so i wanted to give a feed back and also recommend it as a safe blind buy unless sweet frags isnt your thing
Gifts from the Orient for the 3rd great fragrance at a small price
This fragrance has great similarities with Harmeen Men (HM) by Rasasi. Here we go Flacon:
Pleasing and beautiful. I like it Top note
Cumin, beautifully worked in. Very pleasing.
Heart note:
Floral notes, especially roses, very pleasantly present.
Base:
This one is the highlight par excellence..very balanced, very skilful. Finest wood, pleasant musk and noble, fine vanilla form a great! Base. Unbelievable!
Conclusion:
The fragrance starts well and ends simply great. You should try it sometime. It has similarities with H.M., but in my honest opinion it is better. It is rounder, more balanced, more versatile and of higher quality. One more fragrance for the cooler days in your free time. Lasts 10 hours with me easily

Nice for this price
I have found a very good perfume for only 20€. I dont think that this is a very oriental perfume, for me It smells more like the tipical western perfumes. Oeople says It smells like valentino v but i have never snelt It. It is a scent sweet but not very intense. At the ebd i can feel something like the smell of the paper when you CUT It. Perfume good for everyday use

Sweet oriental - Dating fragrance
Call it trend or preference, but today people prefer sweetness in dating fragrances. YSL La Nuit D L'homme or D&G The One are one of the mass appealing picks. Well, this one uses the same DNA but with an oriental twist.
Daarej Pour Homme comes in an absolutely stunning flacon in EDP concentration. It projects very well and lasts 10+ hours on skin. Juice colour is purple and some people really just fall for the presentation.
This is a clone to Valentino V which was very Italian with Tonka, Vanilla and Sandalwood notes as it wanted to stand out as sweet masculine. Valentino V was marketed as perfume for Italian Casanovas, and Daarej delivers on those lines. It is sweet and spicy oriental. Daarej is highly popular and acclaimed on Internet for the masterpiece it is for the price. Well, price plays very big role since Valentino V is long discontinued and this is 15 times cheaper alternative.
About the perfume, it ticks all the essential marks such as presentation, longevity and projection. But, the fragrance to my nose is bit linear and smells mostly sweet with some spice. I don't find it very special. I wish the rose note was bit more prominent, otherwise leaving scent with tonka vanilla sandalwood base which is very common in perfumery.
I don't see much of the magic in fragrance in contrast to what I hear online. I would say it is good to have in collection. This will be right fit for men who want to keep an affordable dating fragrance. If that's your case, then this shall be easily your top pick.
Personally I am okay with it, but I am not a big fan. I have tried this fragrance more than 7-8 times in last 2 months, but I never really fell in love with it. It is just good, but doesn't blow me away. And, I am not happy with just good. I think if you are wiling to spend little more, then you can find bit more complex and pleasing scents. But, I would say one thing, for the price, it is a steal! No other fragrance can beat this one for bang for buck in the genre.

If you are okay to spend more. There are better fragrances out there for which you will have to shell out 5-6 times the money. Why don't you try Parfums De Marly Herod/Carlisle, MFK Oud Satin Mood, DHI or Valentino Uomo.

As always, keep smelling beautiful!

Awesome Hidden Gem
Just received Daarej through Amazon within this week and is my 3rd fragrance from the House of Rasasi (Entebaa and Hawas). This is a hidden gem and I tested on my skin I don't smell the cumin (the cumin is taking a backseat on the dry down), is a sweet/spicy fragrance. Longevity/performance lasted on my skin close to 10 hrs or between 8-10 hrs. And some people can scent the cumin as for me to my nose the cumin is there but slightly not potent. Overall I rate Daarej 8.5/10 and I don't have Valentino V to compare it to. Among my small Rasasi collection Daarej is better of the three between Hawas and Entebaa. Don't sleep on these hidden gems like Armaf and Rasasi I know it can be a hit or miss with them, but for the price is a great value.

Update: Daarej was the scent of the day 12/02/18
Longevity / Performance: 8-10 hrs (atm the Daarej scent is going on 10 + hrs on my skin)
*Varies on skin chemistry

SOTD: Rasasi Daarej: As of 01/19/19

Re-review of Daarej, in my small collection of Rasasi from Daarej, Entebaa, Hawas, La Yuqawam and Tasmeem Daarej is still my favorite Rasasi fragrance. Just love the scent of Vanilla, Tonka bean, Cardamom, and Cumin which dominates the scent from start to finish. Cumin is again front and center it gives Daarej its spiciness and with a hint Orris. Cumin does not give me that body odor smell. It's a sweet beautiful and spicy scent to my nose and is a gem, a must have.

Rating

Scent: 9.5/10
Design/Presentation: 8.5/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin / skin scent around 12+ hrs close to beast mode
Value: 9/10
Overall: 9.5/10

Basti87
Great price for such high quality
Another Rasasi who made it into my collection. Meanwhile I have with this Daarej 5 pieces of this brand. Price/performance ratio is genuine 1A. Some fragrances are sold cheaply and you can buy them with a clear conscience. Similar to other Dubai brands such as Al Haramain and Swiss Arabian. A test through these 3 brands is highly recommended due to low price for high quality.
This Daarej costs only about 20 Euro in most shops. Notino has a large assortment of Rasasi fragrances. Otherwise the fragrances are rarely used and are somewhat unique. He was on my wish list longer and now I bought him for 20 Euro a 100ml. A blind buy you can dare. Even if you don't like it, you can easily get rid of it without making a big loss.

The bottle is slightly blurred here in the profile picture. In real and below the photos you can see: A really nice bottle, noble with a great grooved lid. Chic and great fragrance color.
V pour Homme by Valentino is indicated as the fragrance twin. A scent I unfortunately do not know and was adjusted. Here he has a high rating and positive comments. If he resembles this Rasasi, then rightly so.
Daarej has a strong oriental touch, like most of this brand. I like an oriental touch, but too aggressive oud rather less. The good thing is: There is no oud contained here, yet it has a distinct oriental touch. Here with cumin and rose. It starts with a seasoning, not too heavy. A great cardamom note with a fresh oriental touch. Caraway is rather less my thing, but in small quantities like here it can be quite pleasant. Especially the start has a very distinctive and extraordinary touch. Not everyone will like it, but quite striking. Later, an oriental rose note with a subtle iris background is added. The iris is rather discreet, but provides light powdery elements. The base is very pleasant and very gentle. The basic DNA remains, but now sweet and gentle as the notes already say: Vanilla-Tonka-Amber-Sandelwood-Patchouli. A rather ordinary base, but very pleasant and sensual.
Altogether a very balanced mixture and quite multifaceted. Fresh, spicy, sweet, oriental, pink. An all-rounder, which is not too heavy, but nevertheless very aromatic and strong. It can be used in many ways. Well suited for everyday use, but also for leisure and evening/dates. Also from the season: except at hot temperatures it is always well wearable.
Performance is very good. After several tests I can say: This fragrance lasts easily 8 hours, of which the first 4 hours radiate well and also over the rest something arrives well. Top, especially for the price range.

A worthwhile purchase that I can recommend to anyone. Especially for people with the Fable oriental.

Terente
Daarej, the rebel cousin of aristocratic Tasmeem
Bought blindly, following reviews on various internet sites, the Rasasi Daarej. I will compare it with my last previous, also blindly purchase, its cousin Rasasi Tasmeem. The presentation is rather poorer than Tasmeen's: a box without personality, an ordinary bottle with a plastic cap. If Tasmeem has an aristocratic appearance, Daarej looks rather spartan.
The juice inside the bottle is nice, sweet enough to be almost at the limits of my tolerance. The sweetness of Daarej by Rasasi is much more pronounced, but still not cloying or nauseaous. Spicy, but less than Tasmeem. It's a well blended perfume. It's discreet, but it seems strong than Tasmeem thanks to its sweetness. The opening is better than the drydown, IMHO, because at drydown the sweetness became even harder. The late drydown, OTOH, is awesome: it loses the sweetness and became ambery, similar to Baldessarini Ambre, one of my favourites.
Vast majority of people say it's similar to Valentino V. I never smelled V, but I can say that Daarej is a very good perfume, despite its sweetness. It's in the today's trends, it can be wore by young people in various situations. Though I like it, for me Tasmeem it's much classy and refined. Anyway, both of them are awesome and they shouldn't miss from perfume lovers collections.

Valentino V has an heir
("daarej" means "slang" or "vulgar")

I refuse to pay €200~€250 for one of the remaining Valentino V for Men bottles still on sale in Amazon or E-Bay. Last year I blind bought Rasasi's Daarej. I trusted Rasasi's to make decent perfumes, and, based on some reviews and the notes list, I blind bought Daarej for men. I was hoping it to be a nice above average sweet fragrance and maybe - just maybe - have a vibe that would make me remember Valentino V.
It's really similar to V and with an excellent projection and longevity. I am not at ease to comment about 99% similarity, but I can say at least that it satisfied my nose totally.
I even think that Rasasi Daarej is a bit smoother, and I like it that way. The 100 ml flask costed me 20 Euros with a local net fragrance reseler. I already used half of the flask juice, and I am going to buy a backup bottle in my next order.
Daarej is surely the best western taste fragrance of Rasasi along with Fattan por Homme (my humble nose opinion).

The journey starts with a strong but distinguished cumin and a cardamom blast, plus a touch or artemisia. After this promising fresh spicy start the dominant cumin/cardamom accord slowly unveils some rose and Iris with a bit of smoke similar to the one found in other arabic perfumes (my guess is a non listed orris root note).
A couple of minutes later you start to notice some fougére and woods, and a second dominant accord that leans towards the sweet, An astonishing musky combo of vanilla, tonka and enveloping amber marks the signature of this fragrance. The seductive animalic musky notes blend very well with the earthy and smoky patchouli.
The vanilla/tonka dry down it's a real head turner and it does last for more than 8 hours. Sillage up to 6 feet is slightly above average, and it projects for two hours or so.

Let's check the math for Rasasi Daarej:
Scent Opening: 9.0 (my judgement; divine cardamom/cumin combo)
Scent Dry Down: 10.0 (my judgement; you pray for the velvety vanilla/tonka heavenly scent never to go away)
Longevity: 8.5 (3 good sprays may last 8+ hours, usualy close to 10 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet at its peak with 3 sprays; it projects for 2.0 hours)
Uniqueness: 7.5 (As Valentino V was released before Daarej, I discount 2.5 points. With the discontinuation of V, Daarej has become virtually unique in the market)
Wearability: 8.5 (A three seasons scent for both outdoor or indoor, day or night; just avoid the summer hot days)
Versatility: 8.5 (An "all around" versatile fragrance that will make feel like very well dressed Italian man from Milan)
Compliments: 8.5 (This fragrance is very close to a compliment magnet; it's an above average alluring pleaser)
Quality: 9.0 (Above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 7.0 (no faults, acceptable flask made of strong glass and a metal cap. Tacky box.)
Price: 9.0 (100 ml non tester for € 20.00)

Overall rating: 8.50/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

Advice: This gem is highly recommended. If you are looking for a spicy, semi sweet, versatile and inexpensive perfume, you will find one with Daarej.
With a Lalique made flask, Morillas or Polge as perfumists and the name of Tom Ford, Hermés or YSL in the label, Daarej wouldn't be an inexpensive hidden gem any longer. It would be a well known expensive gem.

I also do recommend this fragrance for 2 reasons more:
1) All people longing for Valentino V don't need to look any further.
2) All the people not knowing Valentino V but possible customers of a fantastic Oriental Spicy fragrance should try and buy Daarej.
In summary, you should just blind buy Rasasi Daarej (for 20 Euros or so) because it is an amazing oriental spicy sweet fragrance independently of being similar to Valentino V or not.

Music: 24KGoldn - "Valentino"

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 13 months ago
Purple candys wrapped in wet paper. Good scent for the price It has but nothing specially original
Carlitos01Carlitos01 13 months ago
The vanilla/tonka dry down it's a real head turner and it does last for more than 8 hours. If you long for Valentino V, give it a try!

by Ikkentobi
by Karlux37
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Rasasi

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi Fattan pour Homme by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Boruzz - Atheer Cambodia by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Oudh Siufi by Rasasi Qasamat Morhaf by Rasasi Sotoor - Waaw by Rasasi Junoon Velvet for Men by Rasasi Junoon Leather for Men by Rasasi Abyan pour Femme by Rasasi