Fattan pour Homme

Fattan pour Homme by Rasasi

Fattan pour Homme is a popular perfume by Rasasi for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Irini, last update on 02.08.2020.

ElDiabloBZ
Landed in my shopping cart by chance or rather coincidence?
I was recently again on the search, for new fragrances or scents that I had already had on the screen for some time. Of course I found what I was looking for, but I was missing a few € to get through the door free of shipping costs, so I had to find a good, cheap one.

And after a few clicks and compare on Parfumo this came to me under the "nose". I had TdH on my agenda for quite a while, but for the price it was still a little too far outside my fragrance pyramid. With Fattan I had a cheap Dupe at least that the majority of the commentators described, so off into the shopping cart and ordered.

Arrived, unpacked, tested... WOW... full broadside citrus ... Shit, was that a mistake? Not even 5 minutes later, VERY pleasant development. The citric one is packed in cotton wool, released very discreetly and wraps the wearer in a gently pulsating citrus cloud. Not obtrusive, rather tempting, magical, where does the fragrance develop ...

I am absolutely with Fresh21, Fattan can not only hold its own with TdH, it outstrips it. Durability is above average, the silage is strong, the fragrance plays along with the top, the bottle, ok ... I overlook that, the content is decisive for me and it convinces all along the line!
Whoever wants to fly blind here, with the P/L ratio, at any time ... and even if one fails even at the better copy of the TdH, he will find lovers quickly!
Fresh21
Fattan vs TdH EDP vs TdH EDT ! And the winner is..
Because Fattan is very similar to the two Hermes fragrances, a comparison test is a must. Because this Arab has a lot to offer. But first my small prehistory and then the facts :)

Terre d'Hermès EDT is known to be a very popular elixir, but I could never get really warm with it. I had it once in 2016, but after about four weeks I was already moving out: I lacked the freshness and found it simply too musty. Two years later I noticed the perfume all the more, which seemed to me to be a little fresher and less musty. But I was not completely convinced by it. So I also forgot the EDP for the time being ...

Then, at the end of last year, I happened to notice Fattan, and I started working on this fragrance again, including the two Hermès candidates. And because Fattan was said to be more citric, I finally dared to make a blind purchase, because its price is more likely to correspond to a larger bottling;)

No sooner said than done. And what can I say? He's good He's really good. So you might be interested in a comparative test of Hermès scents.

Here first the official ratings:

--------------Scent--Sillage-Salt-Haltb. price
TdH EDT---8.2----7.6----8.2----50€ / 50ml (base75)
TdH EDP---8.5----8.0----8.6----48€ / 50ml
Fattan-------8.3----7.8----8.3----15€ / 50ml

Here are my personal impressions and evaluations, without going too much into the individual fragrance details:

TdH EDT :
It starts with a somewhat artificial citric, which unfortunately quickly becomes a bit annoying for me. And in the next hour, unfortunately, a note increasingly asserts itself, which in the mix with the top note reminds me of the often used dull black currant (e.g. in Aventus-Dupes), which I hardly like anymore, but which is obviously appreciated by many users. Later on, an earthy woody note is added, which somehow also seems a bit musty and musty, on which the slightly fermented overripe orange dances, but which fades increasingly after about four hours. In short: The whole thing reminds me too much of light peat. Neither is the top note really fresh and present, nor could the depth of the fragrance reach me. Nevertheless, this Hermès is at least convincing with its 9-10 hours of shelf life and a good sillage (applied with two rich sprays on the neck left/right at all three fragrances). I could never really understand the success of the TDH, but besides the big fan community it has a no less big abutment ;-)

TdH EDP :
The perfume brings a fresher citric note from the start, which is also more persistent, more transparent and less musty than EDT (EDP more grapefruit, EDT more orange). Overall, the fragrance appears more differentiated, deeper and not quite as "greasy" and peaty as the EDT. Nevertheless: Peat is peat, even if it is darker in EDP and appears a little "cleaner". Its course: After about an hour, the grapefruit-orange combo recedes a bit and a balanced mixture of citric, light spice, wood and a little bit of earth appears, which slowly becomes a bit tart. After about 3 hours the sillage decreases significantly, after 5 hours it decreases again (now a good 60% of the start), but with a shelf life of 12+ hours the perfume is much better than the EDT. And also the Sillage is still well perceptible. These are top values and also overall I like the EDP much better than the EDT.

FATTAN :
... is an outrageously good copy of the TdH EDP. However, Fattan starts for about 5 minutes with a heavy mix, as if all notes would explode and have to find each other first, which is also the case after 10-15 minutes. Then you smell a deep citric, which fortunately reminds less of a synthetic orange than much more of strong bergamot. At the same time it is underlaid with a soft, dark, slightly acidic wood. Fattan has a lot of power and the fragrance appears masculine, very present and definitely valuable, although peat is also present. From the second hour on the Arab has slowly grooved in and he is getting better and better as the citric gains a little more. After about 4 hours he is very similar to the TdH EDP and is only a little harsher. It is dominated by his masculine citric, underlined by a light spice and a full wood-earthy darkness. Fattan remains transparent and clear over the hours, and its peat plays to a harmonious level. As with EDP, unlike EDT, his citric can also hold up well over the entire fragrance, and after about 7 hours the scent becomes a little more acidic and earthy, so I suspect vetiver in him too, possibly supported by a touch of oakmoss. However, I wouldn't give Fattan as much green as the diagram shows with 15% at the moment. It is too similar to EDP for that. With a shelf life of 10-12 hours it is also in the top range, whereby its sillage is about 10% stronger than that of the EDP, at times even 20%
Conclusion:

First my personal ratings:

--------------Scent--Sillage-Salt-Haltb.-Price
TdH EDT---6.5----6.5----8.0----50€ / 50ml (base75)
TdH EDP---7,5----7.2----9.0----48€ / 50ml
Fattan-------7,5----7.8----8.5----15€ / 50ml

Even though my personal taste marks all three fragrances somewhat lower, I find the average rating of the community to be quite consistent (see above). Fattan is rated 8.3 by 55 users, which is statistically relevant. It looks a bit darker and deeper than the TdH EDP, but is very similar to it - more so than the EDT. Also this is currently seen by the community:

Fattan similarity to the fragrance twins
TdH EDP [19]
TdH EDT [13] = 68%

Although the first five minutes of Fattan may seem a bit pungent and give the impression of something synthetic, this is rightly not to be found in the diagram. Fattan is a valuable fragrance, very potent and expressive, with a high pithiness and masculine character, which need not hide behind the Hermes representatives. It's rather impudent to shamelessly copy this one, but my case is this direction of all three fragrances anyway. If you still want one for your collection and you're not a Hermès hardcore fan, the Fattan is recommended. Because at one third of the price and very high similarity to the originals, the Arab is unbeatable. And if that's not enough for you, you might just as well fall in love with the bottle as I did. Because I can hardly find a more beautiful geometric shape than the polygon :-) So at least for me it says:

And the winner is... Fattan!
SchnüFFleRR
green green green are all my clothes...
Although I knew Terre d'Hermès, I was always too stingy to buy him, as he had never knocked me out. Then I came across Rasasi Fattan pour Homme, which seemed to be a cheap alternative. I blinded him. How could it be otherwise? (As we all know, always the best idea)
The scent arrived I was very curious... the first sprayer... in fact the fragrance has a DNA of d'Hermes but much "greener" than the original. A very fresh vetiver, bergamot and the dry moss are for me the components that define the fragrance. If you are a fan of the original and generally know what to do with everyday vetiver scents then you are in the right place. Unfortunately I was never a fan of vetiver, so the scent doesn't go down too well in my subjective opinion. Still, I have to say the scent is not a total failure. It's just that he didn't quite meet my expectations.

-Plus is the shelf life and freshness.
-I have a negative feeling about the vetiver, which is too dominant, and that the fragrance is slightly oily on the skin. I could well imagine the scent, especially for men in their early forties. I would rather advise against the younger audience.

Shockingly good.
It's a shame this one is no longer as widely available as some of the other offerings from Rasasi, because it's one of those fragrance clones that just blows my mind.

In short, it's an utterly fantastic copy of Terre d'Hermes Parfum - the best one I've smelled yet - that boasts better projection and longevity than the original. Really, the only criticisms I have are the cheap plastic bottle (box and atomizer are really good) and the fact that you can only get it in 50 mL. The opening is a bit chemically as well; but after it settles down, it goes straight into a strong, linear, orangey grapefruit-vetiver with a dash of spice in the mix.

And just like in TdH, the characteristic pepper-flintstone combination is definitely there, to give it a nice 'dirty' touch that vaguely resembles cumin on my skin. When blended properly with cedar, as it is in this one, the spiciness combines with the natural skin oils to produce that irrisistible iso-e super vibe that drives people wild.

In fact, if someone were to offer me a full bottle of TdH Parfum or a full bottle of Fattan, I'd easily take the Hermes bottle, sell it, and buy 3 or 4 bottles of this stuff with the proceeds. It's just that good. Better than the original even - given the price/performance ratio.

Unfortunately, with the rather poor availability nowadays, the price has begun to steadily inflate. So if you're looking to pick it up, better do it quick. At most, you should be looking at 1/4 to 1/3 the price of TdH Parfum, but honestly, even at 1/2 I'd still be tempted. There just aren't that many clones out there that outshine their original counterparts. IMO, Fattan just happens to be one of them.
...Hornberger Shooting

In the battle announcement no powder is mentioned .

Let's settle for rose geranium, grapefruit and orange. Also with petchouli and pepper. Maybe we'll find some vetiver or cedar in the aftertaste.

Let's go into battle. Tough at the border. Because the ingredients mentioned are not available. Just mutations.

Let's go. Let's go
Already in the first minutes the air fills a citric green turmoil. A light orange is thrown into the field, supported by rich grapefruit and a pinch of bitter almond, already captured in filibushy times.

Rosengeranie and Patchouli are added to the first negotiation and a strong pepper strongly supports the demands.

Soon we take a look at a small field of herbs, but in the further course the patchouli has to give way and we encounter a trace of rhubarb and green apple.

Now we use the pepper more strongly until it almost makes you want to eat it; use some sauerkraut, creep through low rhubarb and vetiver, hide in the light sandal and cover ourselves with a light veil of tender vanilla and very, very tender cinnamon...

...and are getting flatter.

We can stay 6 to 8 hours, hoping that Terre des Hommes can help us to clear up the matter; but both are probably from the same vial.

I give up with an invisible leaf of white rose.

So it was with the Hornberger shooting.

Carlitos01
"Terre de Rasasi" parfum pour homme
In the "Urban English" dictionary, "Fattan" stands for an "awesome person". This name fits Rasasi Fattan very well, as this perfume is nothing less than an awesome perfume for awesome people!

This is a deep and earthy fragrancel. You have to open the nostrils to get the full effect of this magnific notes blending. A quick or a shallow whiff will not do it the correct justice. This is what a man should smell like: fresh, clean, slightly bitter, earthy, slightly spicy, sophisticated, classy, serious, grown up, mature, and masculine.
It's a classical versatile fragrance, but in an extraordinary good way! in summary it's a very elegant "gentleman" cologne with an overall feeling of even balance, smartness and sophistication.

The fragrance general scent is very natural, too natural maybe when you expect some synthetic odors. It might be made with synthetic ingredients too, but it really stands out as something pure and clean; actually clean and dirty at the same time.
It opens with citrus notes - grapefruit and bergamot done at their best - and some pink pepper. The grapefruit note must be of great quality in this perfume, and making way to a citrusy patchouli later evolution.
With the heart notes I pick the mentioned patchouli and a combo of cedar, vetiver and flowers. The transition to the earthy, soily and warm heart, is smooth as a gentle breeze.
The bottom notes suggest me a very balsamic amber and benzoin darkened by oakmoss. Its dry down is pure pleasure.
Fattan is perfect for all seasons. Due to its opening freshy notes it's quite adequated for warm days. It handles the colder weather with a dry down balanced by the slightly sweeter, resinous, vetiver and mossy scents.
Think of an almost dirty, bitter, grapefruit rind citrus mixed with woods, fougéres and spices. It's not openly sweet, which is rare for a citrus scent. It lasts a long time and it can be worn at in all seasons. My amazement with this fragrance, besides its incredible scent, is to be a citrus cologne proper for Autumn and Winter. Most citrus scents are relegated to warm weather but this one is actually nicer with cooler temperatures.
Its good performance will help you fight a colder early Spring, a windy Fall or a sunny Winter day. In my opinion Fattan works the best during Fall and Spring, sun setting and sun down scenarios, late evenings and maybe with a chilly touch of wind.
Even if you consider this perfume as a semi fresh citrus based fragrance, you still get a great performance with 8 hours+ longevity, 6 feet+ sillage and 2.0 hours of solid projection. Surrounding people will notice you for sure! The woodsy notes and the natural dark and dirty citrus peel note gives you a brilliant background that makes you smell distinguished and feel happy, comfortable and elegant all day and night.

Altough I have not been able to unveil any technical informations, Fattam seems to have an EDP concentration as "Eau de Parfum" is written in the simple cardboard box. Most of the words are written in Arabic and, as such, are an enigma to me.
After searching for different sources of information (nothing is mentioned in the Rasasi site) I decided to elect the following notes as the correct ones:
Head notes - Pink Pepper, Grapefruit and Bergamot
Heart notes - Patchouli, Cedar Wood, Lily Of The Valley and Vetiver
Base notes - Benzoin, Oakmoss and Amber

Let's see if the math scoring is kind to Fattan:
Scent Opening: 9.50 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.0 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.0 (3 good sprays may last 8+ hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (6 feet at its peak with just 3 sprays and 2 hours strong projection)
Uniqueness: 7.0 (its enormous similarity with Terre d'Hermés Parfum is more than obvious, with the sole exception of the price, flask and juice colour; it beats by a fair margin other "look alikes" as Red Vetyver, Derby Club House Belmont, Terre d'Hermes EDT, Citrus & Wood, Cuir Vetiver, ...)
Wearability: 9.5 (Just avoid deserts, tundras and jungles)
Versatility: 9.5 ("all around" versatile fragrance)
Compliments: 9.0 (This fragrance is almost a compliment magnet)
Quality: 9.0 (Well above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 8.0 (no faults, simple but elegant)
Price: 10.0 (50 ml non tester with the €15 pricetag at a major net dealer; for such an amazing fragrance as this one, 15 Euros it's a bargain)

Overall rating: 8.76/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: This hidden gem holds an amazing value in itself. If you are looking for a very alluring, compliments magnet, super versatile, all weather fragrance and with a fantastic price, I don't remember any as good as this one. It only misses a designer name from Paris or Milan and a Lalique flask. It's quite curious that its lowest rating is the "Uniqueness" feature which may well be unworthily seen as its major sales benefit. DON'T MISS IT!

I would like to thank Parfumo's colleague TERENTE for making me discover this fantastic "Parfum".

Hoban27Hoban27 149 days ago
i like it , versatile anytime anywhere smells v-good and perform v-good too...
MihaiuMihaiu 18 months ago
close to Terre d'Hermès EDP. hard to put on the bottle cap because is asymmetric :)
AmberScentAmberScent 19 months ago
It's not cloying, attention grabber or an headache inducer; It has high longevity and enough sillage/projection. It clones TdH EDP easily.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The woody notes and the natural dark and dirty citrus peel note, gives you a shiny background that makes you feel distinct and elegant.
TerenteTerente 2 years ago
It's still in production, not discontinued as in Parfumo description. Indeed, it smells similar to TDH Parfum, not TDH.
JustinSlayerJustinSlayer 2 years ago
Great Terre D'Hermes clone. lasts for almost 18 hours on my skin. I am impressed because i have a scent-eating skin & i live in hot Africa.

Der Lack ist ab ... zum Glück :)
by Fresh21
Scent City 2089
by Fresh21
by eBOSS
by eBOSS
by Joey
by Joey

Popular Rasasi

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Boruzz - Atheer Cambodia by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Oudh Siufi by Rasasi Qasamat Morhaf by Rasasi Sotoor - Waaw by Rasasi Junoon Velvet for Men by Rasasi Junoon Leather for Men by Rasasi Abyan pour Femme by Rasasi