La Yuqawam pour Homme (2012)

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi

Top 47 in Men's Perfume
La Yuqawam pour Homme is a popular perfume by Rasasi for men and was released in 2012. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Interlude Man

Top Notes Top NotesThyme, Saffron, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Jasmine, Davana
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Black suede, Woods, Amber

Submitted by Missjo, last update on 07.07.2020.

Raspberry wrapped in leather
Nice pleasant scent that surprised me very positively about the price/performance ratio. Of course a similarity with TF TL but in my opinion it is softer and more comfortable to wear. The Sillage was perceptible in my environment for 2-3 hours, but around 7 hours later there was not much left of this fine scent.
Arab Nights
Dear addicts,
also I am now completely submerged in this swamp and the addiction to scents.
Fascinated by what people here are poetically doing, in this case I too can do my part.

I first got the scent from the souk as a sample.
The first time I got a whiff of it, I suddenly was 7 years old again and with my parents on a Nile cruise. At that time we were also in Cairo and visited the pyramids. As a child I was totally fascinated by Egyptology and the ancient culture. We also visited the Giza Pyramids and I will never forget the mysterious smell I smelled in the passage in the Cheops Pyramid. It's a miracle how the brain is connected to the olfactory nerves, because the first time I had a sniff, I was really 7 again! That pyramid smell is Rasasi La Yuquawam to me! Slightly musty in a totally pleasant way, mysterious and yet somehow fresh at the same time.

In the beginning the raspberry comes out sweet, but at the same time with something very gentle and leathery, so by no means obtrusive, but rather harmoniously complex.
Today, all the stuff that I don't dare unpack arrived. Okay, actually, two more scents came in, but I won't mention them. Rasasi is among my whole collection THE fragrance that is most expensive, even priceless. Durability is above all and I will take him to my grave with me
With nothing do I associate more memory than this fragrance, so do not buy anything, so that I remain one of the few wearers ;)
Great smell. Even in summer. Fruity leather
This is my first review of a perfume.

To categorize my taste, I own so far:
Armaf Club de nuit intense, Chanel allure home sport eau extreme, Bleu de Chanel, Dior Sauvage, Prada l'homme, Aqua di Gio Profumo, Amouage Reflection Men.

Now back to Rasasi:

I have watched several videos about Tom Ford fragrances, from small as well as big reviewers.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather was recommended again and again. Alone by the descriptions of the Youtuber, I wanted to order Tom Ford's fragrance
When I saw how expensive this fragrance is, I started looking for alternatives. In reviews, Al Yuqawam was repeatedly recommended as an alternative. Even the famous Jeremy said in a video "Tom Ford Tuscan Leather has become irrelevant, there is a cheaper product with better durability of Rasasi"

Today the scent has now arrived at my house.
Great wooden packaging, beautiful flacon.

When I first sprayed in the car in front of the post office, I thought: hammer, roasted berry with leather. It smells good. The berry doesn't really smell sweet like the circus sweetness in Armaf Club de nuit intense, but not bitter either. I would say the raspberry smell is fruity and very close to being sweet.

Meanwhile I am back home and still can't stop smelling it. It smells so much better than I thought it would. The leather doesn't smell so hot or masculine that you think the Terminator is about to come around the corner, but "relaxed masculine". It's not an old-fashioned scent in my opinion
The berry smell has receded a bit into the background but is still there. Leather you take a little more now.

I have often read that the fragrance is only perfect for autumn or winter. I disagree. At 21° and sunshine, it goes with my thin shirt. The scent is not as wintery as Spice Bomb Extreme. I will definitely wear it in summer. I can't get enough of it
In the series of my previous perfumes, I put him on the first place with Amouage Reflection Men.
Too much for me
Bought La Yuqawam because I heard a lot about it. Flacon is very noble just like the packaging. But the first splash knocked me right out. Unfortunately nothing for me because I find the scent too strong and gave me a headache. But I can understand somewhere that some people love it. Not my thing, I recommend a small bottling for the beginning to get to know the scent.
Condorpilot1
The name says it all. The seductive powerhouse for the autumn
Oh yes - actually I do not like leather scents. For me these scents are often too old-fashioned, rough and dry. But so far I have refrained from them. One exception was actually long Mercedes-Benz Black Leather, but it's mainly young and sweetly stimulated and therefore suitable for the masses. Now Rasasi La Yuqawam (LY) is also in my collection and is the second Rasasi in my collection besides Hawas.

Actually, I came across La Yuqawam through research for known perfume clones. So this fragrance is said to be a very convincing clone of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather (TL). I had heard of Tuscan Leather several times before but never tested it. At least I just thought that I wouldn't like this kind of scent simply because of the name "Leather". How much I was wrong...

As luck would have it, about a year ago I visited a perfumery that sold Rasasi La Yuqawam and Tom Ford Tuscan Leather at the same time! Of course, this fitted perfectly into my research of perfume clones. So I took the chance to test both of them on one arm in a direct comparison. But later more about the comparison.

From the very first spraying of LY, it was clear to me that this would be a fragrance like no other. Uniqueness is what he's gonna be. Of course, you can already feel the leather and it can quickly attack your nose. But the beast is immediately tamed by a fruitiness, with an oriental spiciness to go with it. La Yuqawam looks more oriental and not, as TL might suggest, elegantly Italian. Fruitiness and leather simply fight a duel at eye level in the first minutes. However, I find that the berry in the top note is more of a blackberry than a raspberry. It lingers for a really long time and is always noticeable during the fragrance. Whereby - sometimes something raspberryy comes through, but as if it had been candied - but this raspberry is very reserved.

When the top note fades it is a continuous interplay between spiciness, smokiness and really pleasant leather. The leather does not immediately whitewash everything around it, but accompanies the other components constantly. And that's probably why this leather scent is also more than bearable for me. I do not just smell dry, rough leather. I constantly smell the blackberry in the background, incense and slightly charred wood. Very masculine, a little animalistic but not too strongly obtrusive (maybe just a little) but really noticeable.

Speaking of perceptibility: I don't think there's a single fragrance in my perfume collection that I smell on myself as long as La Yuqawam does when I wear it. I'm talking about about 7-8 hours in which I inhale a small cloud of fragrance over and over again. To be honest, I love it because it constantly confirms that this perfume will get you through half the day. In total the fragrance is perceptible on the skin for more than 10 hours, so I can only agree with the other comments on this. Such a durability is of course a dream.

Now for a quick comparison with Tuscan Leather. In the top note I find the most obvious difference. The fruitiness of blackberry/raspberry in La Yuqawam is much more pronounced than in Tuscan Leather. There the berry is noticeable, but much more subtle, so that the fragrance in Tom Ford focuses more on the leather chords. These, however, appear somewhat softer and more refined from the outset than in Rasasi. Nevertheless, after a while these two fragrances are practically indistinguishable (or only marginally) from each other. So Rasasi has done a good job when it comes to copying. But his stronger fruitiness is what I like even a little bit better than with Tom Ford.

I can recommend the perfume to others if you're really looking for a powerhouse for the fall or winter, preferably for the fall. La Yuqawam is more casual to wear, as it's a little less elegant than Tuscan Leather. I would only consider a blind purchase if you have the Tuscan Leather DNA in your head and want a fragrance that is close to it, that brings the berry more to the fore and also offers a very good price/performance ratio. Then I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I am more than happy with La Yuqawam!
Volker1964
A great fragrance, for the rebel in man
There are certainly some good to very good leather scents. How is this one of Rasasi ?
Flacon:
Reminds me of Tom Ford. Simple and yet somehow elegant. Good haptics.
Top note:
Raspberry, not too sweet with a pleasant spicy note. Top note remains relatively long. I find it pleasant. Not too strong, good present is more like it.
Heart note:
In the heart note it becomes smoky and not too short. Spicy notes still remain. Raspberry still slightly present, pleasantly it takes the piquancy away from the smoke a bit.
Base:
Now the smell is gonna be really weird. Here the leather comes into its own. Smoky wood becomes quite strong, amber balances skilfully here, so that the base remains relatively pleasant. Base should not be stronger. Still in the green zone for me.
Conclusion:
If you like light and subtle fragrances, you will not necessarily be happy with this fragrance. He starts well present and gets stronger and stronger. Smoke, leather and wood are already quite strong. I like such "special" scents. You should definitely test it first. Comparison with Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford ? I see Tom Ford TL as a man in a suit, fine, elegant and skilfully balanced. I see the Yugawam of Rasasi as a man in jeans, leather jacket and motorcycle, a wild rebel.

5.5

Uberalles
best clone of the original
this is the best clone of the original TL , long lasting cheap price per quality radio,
and very high niche quality...
the only complain i have is the chemicals which make/s me sneeze when i use it you will receive same amount of compliments if not more.
3lbows
So that you can still bite powerfully tomorrow.
For the perfume newcomer, for me as a perfume newcomer, a revelation fixed by an additional check with a souk order. I can't remember who put it there, but - thank you!
If you only knew the designers until now, you will open up completely new patterns here. Smoke, pictured in a perfume, with leather and raspberry? Vieeeel raspberry? - At least I perceive it most prominently, especially in the later drydown. What is known to the well-read perfumo with some nasal experience not only by TL as a quite feasible mixture is probably only a shake of the head would have escaped me before my passion for fragrance.
Is that a niche now? How awesome is that?
Thanks to Greenie07, I was able, no, to immediately fill myself with a remaining bottle. This came in a noble wooden casket - also a premium experience away from the scent. The spray head distributes finely, precisely but stingy, and that's a good thing. 2 sprays on the neck paint one for the next 24 hours into an autumn-brown, dry-leathery, slightly herbaceous, only in the prelude really smoky sweetness that projects powerful, but not intrusive. Anything over three sprays is a violation of the Geneva Convention. And don't let the clothes get caught. Maybe that's my only problem with this fragrance: You decide today what you wear tomorrow.
Otherwise LY is a convincing fragrance experience for me. I notice an adult sweetness here, far away from the gold bar, the hand grenade and Armani's keymaster. I like these too, yes I admit it, but this is more authentic, more bitter, more natural, more valuable. Like Qui-Gon Jinn, sitting quietly on the ground waiting for the nervously running Darth Maul (1 million) until the force fields dissolve again I have also used such a raspberry in Montblancs Individuel, or in Green Leather by Daniel Josier, but there it is more fruity, juicier, a bit more synthetic and thus far less sovereign.
This lightly fogged, sometimes green, but always discreetly sweet raspberry is the character of this fragrance for me. If not overdosed, it is portable for me almost all year round, except at 30 degrees upwards, because it does not have fresh aspects.
Arabi Cana of Kolmaz also strikes in this direction. Smokier, less berry, more herbaceous, also unique, but the typical Arabic wafting in the background. It is also worth it, and with 25 EUR for 100ml a great everyday replacement, with still very good performance.
Leather or smoke
I don't (yet) know a lot about leather - but if this is mainly leather and well made, then this whole field seems to be nothing for me. Maybe I should approach the topic "Tuscan Leather" again or the alternatives below.
The fragrance starts very special, for me clearly smoky. But not pleasantly smoky, like the smoke of a well-burning campfire, but rather comes close to cold smoke. For me not repulsive, by no means, but unfortunately nothing that particularly turns me on.
I can see raspberry, but only because I read it before, I would never have thought of it. Very, very discreet, slightly fired and artificial.
When the cold pub note has subsided, it becomes a whole lot tastier.
I can well imagine that this bitter fragrance has its fans, but I find it relatively one-dimensional overall. Frankincense hardly reaches me, it remains mainly smoky and woody, but after an hour it becomes much more pleasant, softer and warmer. Those who like it can look forward to an enormous durability. So far nothing has lasted longer on my skin.
Whether now the whole leather corner is nothing for me, or only this representative must prove itself for me still.
The unexpectedly mysterious seducer
As a fragrance novice, amateur, puppy, novice I will write my first comment on this fragrance.
To me : I am addicted to the world of fragrances 2016, when my desire to smell individually became bigger and bigger.
I have become a lover of heavy dark woody smoky and single fragrances and have also discovered TF private blend for me.
However it frightens me more and more to spray thousands of Euros annually.
In short : I have discovered Rasasi La Yuqawam and had it for over a year on my wish list

What happened today is for me like birthday Easter and Christmas at the same time.
Almost like a lottery win.

So in my adopted country Poland I strolled through Katowice on this snowy, windy January-Friday and actually wanted to sit in the mall with a coffee before work and warm up a bit My standard procedure, first to Douglas, then to Sephora to test scents, I almost blinded myself from the habit almost unconsciously Ah, nothing new, the old stale scents, TF too expensive, rest Mainstream.
Almost mad at me for wasting precious minutes every time in the gullible hope of finding something new, I wandered on and to my astonishment I saw a new store.
Notino.
Hm, let's have a look.
I was surprised. Amouage Tester, Atkinson, Black Afgano and many more And there I saw him: Rasasi. La Yuqawam.
Almost euphoric as a child waiting impatiently for his gift, I spray a bump on my wrist.

I was beaten to death. Raspberry and smoke. Still burn wood and raspberry. More not.
I was disappointed when I left the perfumery and went to drink my coffee as usual.
But after 10 minutes I dared to sniff my wrist again.

WOW, THAT'S REALLY FINE.
What can I say, I'm straight to Douglas, sprayed me on the other hand TF TL and waited.
I even approached people in the mall, asking which one was better.
Everyone agreed that it was the same perfume after all.
Old it is my skin, but I really barely feel a difference.

The raspberry evaporates, leaves a discreet sweet note behind, leather takes the helm. A lot of leather. Just the way I like it. Add to this subtle wood and smoke notes. Some jasmine. That's all I smell here and that's enough for me.

So I am back, bought the bottle for 70 Euro and am now the proud owner and FAN of this fragrance.
To the suit it smells so unusual but nevertheless seductively warm and masculine, my secretary and various colleagues asked today what I have put on it that it smells so unusually great.

I can imagine this scent just as well with a black leather jacket in spring and autumn or at cocktail parties in the evening with a blazer.
I will certainly wear it to my colleague's Black Tie wedding as well, so this fragrance has displaced Tobacco Oud from my 1st place, just because TF TL was 2nd and the price-performance ratio here is simply unbeatable.

SergioTSergioT 130 days ago
Better than Tuscan Leather? I tend to prefer the Tom Ford over any other similar scent, but this one is at least as good as the OG. Awesome
Amazon1975Amazon1975 8 months ago
A copy of Tuscan leather...on me it's not strong and doesn't last..probably better clones out there. If you can afford Tuscan stick with it
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
Similar to half a dozen top leather fragrances but very well blended. Rasasi did a good incense/leather scent with La Yuqawam. Recommended!
PioPio 2 years ago
Very nice well rounded scent. Strong and with personality. Not for everyone though.

by Glosoli
by BoBoChamp
by Mischel
by Mischel

Popular Rasasi

Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi Fattan pour Homme by Rasasi Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Boruzz - Atheer Cambodia by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Oudh Siufi by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Qasamat Morhaf by Rasasi Junoon Velvet for Men by Rasasi Junoon Leather for Men by Rasasi Abyan pour Femme by Rasasi Khaltat Al Oudh by Rasasi