La Yuqawam pour Homme 2012

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi
La Yuqawam pour Homme is a popular perfume by Rasasi for men and was released in 2012. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Interlude Man

Top Notes Top NotesThymeThyme SaffronSaffron RaspberryRaspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincenseFrankincense JasmineJasmine DavanaDavana
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather Black suedeBlack suede WoodsWoods AmberAmber

Submitted by Missjo, last update on 25.05.2022.

SmoraSmora 4 years ago
Scentrack: Gus Gus - Arabian Horse In Arabic Yuqawam means irresistible and sure it is. Magic night seducer, totally westernized with just some oriental sparks....
BLESSEDBLESSED 5 months ago

Nothing wow
I don't know about the reformulation issues for this one, but at the beginning I was happy to wear it, but after a while I lose my excitement to wear it, I was confused, nothing leathery, just synthetic fruity note in the dray down, I found the scent smillar to Arabian hooka or Shisha tobacco (hubbly bubbly) nothing wow, I found it not that friendly or versatile, anyway there are so many choices worth the try more than this.

Razvanyke
An honest applause for this one
Like I mentioned on my Tuscan Leather review, this perfume came into my radar as alternative to the OG, so I pulled the trigger and got myself a bottle to compare.

The packaging is extremely well made, many niche houses *cough cough: Creed, Parfums de Marly* can learn a thing or two from Rasasi on how to make a special box with magnetic closure.

Then the bottle has a matte finish with a real wood cap, smooth .. so far the initial impression is very positive. Now let´s check the perfume:

- It does start a bit synthetic, almost like a glue smell which if you sniff the paper will almost give you a headache;
- The sprayer is awesome, will dress you in a cloud of perfume and you can feel it really well;
- It starts very fruity with almost no smoke or leathery note, for my nose which is weird for a smoky alternative to TL;
- It dries down very beautifully, smelling natural and fruity with something woody and so nice in the background, I really enjoy this smell by itself - not as TL clone;

In few words, I wanted to find a TL twin and I found out a very nicely done perfume by itself. For the price and the presentation this could cost twice and still would worth the money.
The longevity of this scent is quite meh for me, nowhere close to the TL like many people are claiming.

Please check my video below to learn more, thank you for watching.

Summer Nights
The combination of leather-raspberry seems at first glance completely inappropriate, the number of men's perfumes that contain this note, however, speak a different language. From Frederic Malle, Louis Vuitton, TF about this fragrance by Rasasi.

But since I found these notes so exciting and wanted to know if they harmonize, I ended up ordering a sample. And, what can I say, it harmonizes. And how. In the top note an intensely fruity and dry raspberry, a little later joins then a dark, but delicate leather to it.

The fragrance has for me a very clear oriental character, even if actually no typical notes are present. Nevertheless, burn with each application images of deserts, oases, and Middle Eastern cities with me.

To the durability one can only say: Chapeau. Hardly any other perfume holds and shines like La Yuqawam. Applied in the morning it is late in the evening still well perceptible.

To this, however, it must also be said, at least in my case, that this fragrance is not very well received everywhere, since it is nevertheless a daring composition away from mainstream tastes. Nice remarks as with Sauvage or Dlyan Blue hold themselves here very much within limits.
Thank God, but I do not care at all, and so I wear this fragrance just for me.

Hats off, Rasasi.
4.5
Sniffler77
I'm afraid I don't follow the hype...
Although I am a fan of leather scents and Rasasi, I can't get anything out of this one, even after trying it several times. I also can't understand the comparison to "Tuscan Leather", because the Tom Ford version m.M. is much rounder and finer than its "rough counterpart" from Dubai....

My leather love...
The rumors are true this is a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather clone! Now that’s out of the way... this is the best Tom Ford clone I’ve smelled. If I could give this fragrance six stars (out of a possible five) I would. I can’t afford $300 to $500 for Tom Ford and so this is perfect. The projection is great. Lasts about six to eight hours on my skin. Great for evening, fall and winter months. The raspberry is amazing. Love it!!
AromaTikka
Freshly painted hunter's fence at a family summer barbecue party in the forest
◘ Simplified scent pyramid:

Top note:
fruity terpenes

Heart note:
Raspberry sorbet, caramel

Base note:
tart, partly burnt wood, strong turpentine, smoked raspberry, incense
◘ Range intensity (projection & sillage):
(8-9 of 10) strong to very strong!
This makes you stand out very quickly.

◘ Course:
Doesn't really have a course, but starts directly through with the linear, very strong scent.

◘ Endurance:
12 hours and counting. Perceptible on the clothing two, three, four days later or even longer.
On the skin at least 12 hours. Extreme endurance, extreme fertility. Without this terpenic component, the perfume would most likely be very weak.

◘ Flacon & exterior design:
The La Yuqawam series consists of real wood caskets, in which the bottle sits firmly and unbreakable.
The entire design is very beautiful and of high quality. In addition, there are four small magnets in the box, which fix the lid as soon as you put it on the groove on the bottom. Flacon with rounded corners, high-quality metal spray button in brass-gold colour and real wood lid with milled company name. The box also contains velvet-covered foam pads that absorb vibrations.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________br />
◘ Description:
Very special scent. More of a smell to me. I didn't have to think long if I like the scent or what it reminds me of.
I feel sorry for the fans of the fragrance if I have to write it like that now.
Directly with the first sprayer, actually the second the spray mist reached my skin, my face warped. I was disappointed about the scent that was so hyped by many. One hint would have been enough!

What I smelled was clearly some kind of turpentine. Better said wood protection glaze for wooden fences and garden sheds made of wood.
Can't understand how someone can find this smell of fresh paint great.
Probably these are people who have never painted a wooden fence in their lives, or who have never come into contact with a painter. (Can judge this from their own experience)

I search in vain for leather until today! There is no leather. It's wood stain plus raspberry sorbet and some smoke from a smoker grill in the background.
No idea what others can be accused of as leather, smoked bacon rind, PVC foil soaked in brush cleaner, a chamois leather soaked in thinner? In any case, there is no real, naturally tanned leather (vera pelle) to be found here. Someone who has bought new leather shoes, a new leather sofa, a handbag or a leather jacket should be able to judge how leather smells. In any case, I have never seen a leather product in my life that could be approximately associated with LY. Some people even say that the oud has a connection to riding stables or camel pee... It's very subjective.

For me this - I would almost like to call it smell - scent is very unimaginative and badly made. If only there was at least an oud note in it and the strong turpentine smell would be reduced! Since it is actually a Dupe, you can turn a blind eye. I will never have to test the Tuscan Leather now. The manufacturer wants to sell above all. Therefore it does not surprise me if badly made scents are imitated. What is beautiful is what the consumer likes

For me, the association with this fragrance is a forest hut with a hunter's fence. An ecologically conscious family is a guest here, sitting at a very archaic and massive-looking wooden table and eating sorbet made from organic raspberries. The small children have eaten with their hands and unfortunately smeared sorbet on their mother's clothes. The mother is now standing on the garden fence that was painted the day before and unfortunately she leans against it so unhappily that her blouse gets a wet imprint of the not yet completely dried, oily protective glaze. In the background the Demeter-certified sausage is still smoking in the very old smoking oven.
The clouds of smoke slowly billow around the forest hut and all in all, it smells like - LaYuqawam homme!
My personal conclusion: Not my scent!
Doesn't like it at all, and I don't see how anyone could like it. Could, as in my case, cause a headache from the penetrating smell of turpentine. I couldn't sleep at night because of that smell. Had the feeling that I was in a wooden hut with fire damage.
The other two LaYuqawams are very beautiful.

◘ Occasion:
To attract attention. To smell good beyond the sugar-sweet shower gel vibegranates.
As described for an eco barbecue party in the forest hut.

◘ Season:
Always goes, if you like the smell. Outsiders might ask if you changed after work. (Maybe the Christmas pyramid was freshly stained?)

◘ Age recommendation:
>25
Whether age recommendation or age classification can be assumed here is a good question.
The scent is, in my subjective assessment, more of a smell. You gotta like it! Very special

◘ Similare & Scent Twins:
Tuscan Leather and others.

◘ Associations:
Forest hut, raspberry groats, raspberry cold peel, smoking oven, freshly painted wooden fence, wooden cabin, log cabin, fireplace, smoker

◘ Other:
The bottles of the 'LaYuqawam' series are never filled to the brim! If filled to the brim, it would be about 100ml. But the sales size is 75ml, so only the indicated amount is filled into the flacons, which are a bit too big for the content. Some people might wonder about the not full bottle. It is so normal.
From the fragrance very controversial.
Gotta really like you.
Raspberry wrapped in leather
Nice pleasant scent that surprised me very positively about the price/performance ratio. Of course a similarity with TF TL but in my opinion it is softer and more comfortable to wear. The Sillage was perceptible in my environment for 2-3 hours, but around 7 hours later there was not much left of this fine scent.
Arab Nights
Dear addicts,
also I am now completely submerged in this swamp and the addiction to scents.
Fascinated by what people here are poetically doing, in this case I too can do my part.

I first got the scent from the souk as a sample.
The first time I got a whiff of it, I suddenly was 7 years old again and with my parents on a Nile cruise. At that time we were also in Cairo and visited the pyramids. As a child I was totally fascinated by Egyptology and the ancient culture. We also visited the Giza Pyramids and I will never forget the mysterious smell I smelled in the passage in the Cheops Pyramid. It's a miracle how the brain is connected to the olfactory nerves, because the first time I had a sniff, I was really 7 again! That pyramid smell is Rasasi La Yuquawam to me! Slightly musty in a totally pleasant way, mysterious and yet somehow fresh at the same time.

In the beginning the raspberry comes out sweet, but at the same time with something very gentle and leathery, so by no means obtrusive, but rather harmoniously complex.
Today, all the stuff that I don't dare unpack arrived. Okay, actually, two more scents came in, but I won't mention them. Rasasi is among my whole collection THE fragrance that is most expensive, even priceless. Durability is above all and I will take him to my grave with me
With nothing do I associate more memory than this fragrance, so do not buy anything, so that I remain one of the few wearers ;)
Great smell. Even in summer. Fruity leather
This is my first review of a perfume.

To categorize my taste, I own so far:
Armaf Club de nuit intense, Chanel allure home sport eau extreme, Bleu de Chanel, Dior Sauvage, Prada l'homme, Aqua di Gio Profumo, Amouage Reflection Men.

Now back to Rasasi:

I have watched several videos about Tom Ford fragrances, from small as well as big reviewers.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather was recommended again and again. Alone by the descriptions of the Youtuber, I wanted to order Tom Ford's fragrance
When I saw how expensive this fragrance is, I started looking for alternatives. In reviews, Al Yuqawam was repeatedly recommended as an alternative. Even the famous Jeremy said in a video "Tom Ford Tuscan Leather has become irrelevant, there is a cheaper product with better durability of Rasasi"

Today the scent has now arrived at my house.
Great wooden packaging, beautiful flacon.

When I first sprayed in the car in front of the post office, I thought: hammer, roasted berry with leather. It smells good. The berry doesn't really smell sweet like the circus sweetness in Armaf Club de nuit intense, but not bitter either. I would say the raspberry smell is fruity and very close to being sweet.

Meanwhile I am back home and still can't stop smelling it. It smells so much better than I thought it would. The leather doesn't smell so hot or masculine that you think the Terminator is about to come around the corner, but "relaxed masculine". It's not an old-fashioned scent in my opinion
The berry smell has receded a bit into the background but is still there. Leather you take a little more now.

I have often read that the fragrance is only perfect for autumn or winter. I disagree. At 21° and sunshine, it goes with my thin shirt. The scent is not as wintery as Spice Bomb Extreme. I will definitely wear it in summer. I can't get enough of it
In the series of my previous perfumes, I put him on the first place with Amouage Reflection Men.
Too much for me
Bought La Yuqawam because I heard a lot about it. Flacon is very noble just like the packaging. But the first splash knocked me right out. Unfortunately nothing for me because I find the scent too strong and gave me a headache. But I can understand somewhere that some people love it. Not my thing, I recommend a small bottling for the beginning to get to know the scent.

MickoMicko 5 months ago
Very similar tuscan leather. I think it reformulated. Poor versatile is the main problem. A very faint trail leaves
Apprentice8Apprentice8 5 months ago
This is a nuclear beast, 2 sprays and you will be choking people
love the raspberry note
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 9 months ago
Harsh leather/suede with raspberry on top. Extremely powerful, taking noses aggresively. Long lasting. Not a pleaser, but I love it.
Stevens95Stevens95 10 months ago
Best leathery fragrance I have smelled
MeneeixMeneeix 1 year ago
Perfume with a mix of leather and raspberry that lasts longer than other big brands and is less than half the price
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Classy leathery scent, sweet and smoky. I don't pick the raspberry in it. Similar to TF Tuscan Leather. Good longevity, average projection.
DaAnderRevsDaAnderRevs 1 year ago
Is it just me or does this smell a little like cocaine? ?
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 year ago
Raspberry and leather, good Tuscan Leather clone.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
I know this is a plagiarism, but it's shockingly great nonetheless. Literally beyond the original Tuscan Leather.
TeleraTelera 2 years ago
Es como Ombré Leather pero con un toque más picante. El incienso aquí juega un papel importante. Un aroma a cuero fácil de llevar.

Similar to ombre leather which I love with great performance!
by MariaS
by Estbienla
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular by Rasasi

Fattan pour Homme by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Qasamat Ebhar by Rasasi Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi Boruzz - Atheer Cambodia by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Qasamat Bareeq by Rasasi Qasamat Morhaf by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Sotoor - Waaw by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Shaghaf pour Femme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Nebras Al Ishq – Noor by Rasasi