La Yuqawam pour Homme 2012

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi
Top 63 in Men's Perfume
La Yuqawam pour Homme is a popular perfume by Rasasi for men and was released in 2012. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Interlude Man

Top Notes Top NotesThyme, Saffron, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Jasmine, Davana
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Black suede, Woods, Amber

Submitted by Missjo, last update on 19.10.2020.

4.5
Sniffler77
I'm afraid I don't follow the hype...
Although I am a fan of leather scents and Rasasi, I can't get anything out of this one, even after trying it several times. I also can't understand the comparison to "Tuscan Leather", because the Tom Ford version m.M. is much rounder and finer than its "rough counterpart" from Dubai....

My leather love...
The rumors are true this is a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather clone! Now that’s out of the way... this is the best Tom Ford clone I’ve smelled. If I could give this fragrance six stars (out of a possible five) I would. I can’t afford $300 to $500 for Tom Ford and so this is perfect. The projection is great. Lasts about six to eight hours on my skin. Great for evening, fall and winter months. The raspberry is amazing. Love it!!
AromaTikka
Freshly painted hunter's fence at a family summer barbecue party in the forest
◘ Simplified scent pyramid:

Top note:
fruity terpenes

Heart note:
Raspberry sorbet, caramel

Base note:
tart, partly burnt wood, strong turpentine, smoked raspberry, incense
◘ Range intensity (projection & sillage):
(8-9 of 10) strong to very strong!
This makes you stand out very quickly.

◘ Course:
Doesn't really have a course, but starts directly through with the linear, very strong scent.

◘ Endurance:
12 hours and counting. Perceptible on the clothing two, three, four days later or even longer.
On the skin at least 12 hours. Extreme endurance, extreme fertility. Without this terpenic component, the perfume would most likely be very weak.

◘ Flacon & exterior design:
The La Yuqawam series consists of real wood caskets, in which the bottle sits firmly and unbreakable.
The entire design is very beautiful and of high quality. In addition, there are four small magnets in the box, which fix the lid as soon as you put it on the groove on the bottom. Flacon with rounded corners, high-quality metal spray button in brass-gold colour and real wood lid with milled company name. The box also contains velvet-covered foam pads that absorb vibrations.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________br />
◘ Description:
Very special scent. More of a smell to me. I didn't have to think long if I like the scent or what it reminds me of.
I feel sorry for the fans of the fragrance if I have to write it like that now.
Directly with the first sprayer, actually the second the spray mist reached my skin, my face warped. I was disappointed about the scent that was so hyped by many. One hint would have been enough!

What I smelled was clearly some kind of turpentine. Better said wood protection glaze for wooden fences and garden sheds made of wood.
Can't understand how someone can find this smell of fresh paint great.
Probably these are people who have never painted a wooden fence in their lives, or who have never come into contact with a painter. (Can judge this from their own experience)

I search in vain for leather until today! There is no leather. It's wood stain plus raspberry sorbet and some smoke from a smoker grill in the background.
No idea what others can be accused of as leather, smoked bacon rind, PVC foil soaked in brush cleaner, a chamois leather soaked in thinner? In any case, there is no real, naturally tanned leather (vera pelle) to be found here. Someone who has bought new leather shoes, a new leather sofa, a handbag or a leather jacket should be able to judge how leather smells. In any case, I have never seen a leather product in my life that could be approximately associated with LY. Some people even say that the oud has a connection to riding stables or camel pee... It's very subjective.

For me this - I would almost like to call it smell - scent is very unimaginative and badly made. If only there was at least an oud note in it and the strong turpentine smell would be reduced! Since it is actually a Dupe, you can turn a blind eye. I will never have to test the Tuscan Leather now. The manufacturer wants to sell above all. Therefore it does not surprise me if badly made scents are imitated. What is beautiful is what the consumer likes

For me, the association with this fragrance is a forest hut with a hunter's fence. An ecologically conscious family is a guest here, sitting at a very archaic and massive-looking wooden table and eating sorbet made from organic raspberries. The small children have eaten with their hands and unfortunately smeared sorbet on their mother's clothes. The mother is now standing on the garden fence that was painted the day before and unfortunately she leans against it so unhappily that her blouse gets a wet imprint of the not yet completely dried, oily protective glaze. In the background the Demeter-certified sausage is still smoking in the very old smoking oven.
The clouds of smoke slowly billow around the forest hut and all in all, it smells like - LaYuqawam homme!
My personal conclusion: Not my scent!
Doesn't like it at all, and I don't see how anyone could like it. Could, as in my case, cause a headache from the penetrating smell of turpentine. I couldn't sleep at night because of that smell. Had the feeling that I was in a wooden hut with fire damage.
The other two LaYuqawams are very beautiful.

◘ Occasion:
To attract attention. To smell good beyond the sugar-sweet shower gel vibegranates.
As described for an eco barbecue party in the forest hut.

◘ Season:
Always goes, if you like the smell. Outsiders might ask if you changed after work. (Maybe the Christmas pyramid was freshly stained?)

◘ Age recommendation:
>25
Whether age recommendation or age classification can be assumed here is a good question.
The scent is, in my subjective assessment, more of a smell. You gotta like it! Very special

◘ Similare & Scent Twins:
Tuscan Leather and others.

◘ Associations:
Forest hut, raspberry groats, raspberry cold peel, smoking oven, freshly painted wooden fence, wooden cabin, log cabin, fireplace, smoker

◘ Other:
The bottles of the 'LaYuqawam' series are never filled to the brim! If filled to the brim, it would be about 100ml. But the sales size is 75ml, so only the indicated amount is filled into the flacons, which are a bit too big for the content. Some people might wonder about the not full bottle. It is so normal.
From the fragrance very controversial.
Gotta really like you.
Raspberry wrapped in leather
Nice pleasant scent that surprised me very positively about the price/performance ratio. Of course a similarity with TF TL but in my opinion it is softer and more comfortable to wear. The Sillage was perceptible in my environment for 2-3 hours, but around 7 hours later there was not much left of this fine scent.
Arab Nights
Dear addicts,
also I am now completely submerged in this swamp and the addiction to scents.
Fascinated by what people here are poetically doing, in this case I too can do my part.

I first got the scent from the souk as a sample.
The first time I got a whiff of it, I suddenly was 7 years old again and with my parents on a Nile cruise. At that time we were also in Cairo and visited the pyramids. As a child I was totally fascinated by Egyptology and the ancient culture. We also visited the Giza Pyramids and I will never forget the mysterious smell I smelled in the passage in the Cheops Pyramid. It's a miracle how the brain is connected to the olfactory nerves, because the first time I had a sniff, I was really 7 again! That pyramid smell is Rasasi La Yuquawam to me! Slightly musty in a totally pleasant way, mysterious and yet somehow fresh at the same time.

In the beginning the raspberry comes out sweet, but at the same time with something very gentle and leathery, so by no means obtrusive, but rather harmoniously complex.
Today, all the stuff that I don't dare unpack arrived. Okay, actually, two more scents came in, but I won't mention them. Rasasi is among my whole collection THE fragrance that is most expensive, even priceless. Durability is above all and I will take him to my grave with me
With nothing do I associate more memory than this fragrance, so do not buy anything, so that I remain one of the few wearers ;)
Great smell. Even in summer. Fruity leather
This is my first review of a perfume.

To categorize my taste, I own so far:
Armaf Club de nuit intense, Chanel allure home sport eau extreme, Bleu de Chanel, Dior Sauvage, Prada l'homme, Aqua di Gio Profumo, Amouage Reflection Men.

Now back to Rasasi:

I have watched several videos about Tom Ford fragrances, from small as well as big reviewers.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather was recommended again and again. Alone by the descriptions of the Youtuber, I wanted to order Tom Ford's fragrance
When I saw how expensive this fragrance is, I started looking for alternatives. In reviews, Al Yuqawam was repeatedly recommended as an alternative. Even the famous Jeremy said in a video "Tom Ford Tuscan Leather has become irrelevant, there is a cheaper product with better durability of Rasasi"

Today the scent has now arrived at my house.
Great wooden packaging, beautiful flacon.

When I first sprayed in the car in front of the post office, I thought: hammer, roasted berry with leather. It smells good. The berry doesn't really smell sweet like the circus sweetness in Armaf Club de nuit intense, but not bitter either. I would say the raspberry smell is fruity and very close to being sweet.

Meanwhile I am back home and still can't stop smelling it. It smells so much better than I thought it would. The leather doesn't smell so hot or masculine that you think the Terminator is about to come around the corner, but "relaxed masculine". It's not an old-fashioned scent in my opinion
The berry smell has receded a bit into the background but is still there. Leather you take a little more now.

I have often read that the fragrance is only perfect for autumn or winter. I disagree. At 21° and sunshine, it goes with my thin shirt. The scent is not as wintery as Spice Bomb Extreme. I will definitely wear it in summer. I can't get enough of it
In the series of my previous perfumes, I put him on the first place with Amouage Reflection Men.
Too much for me
Bought La Yuqawam because I heard a lot about it. Flacon is very noble just like the packaging. But the first splash knocked me right out. Unfortunately nothing for me because I find the scent too strong and gave me a headache. But I can understand somewhere that some people love it. Not my thing, I recommend a small bottling for the beginning to get to know the scent.
Condorpilot1
The name says it all. The seductive powerhouse for the autumn
Oh yes - actually I do not like leather scents. For me these scents are often too old-fashioned, rough and dry. But so far I have refrained from them. One exception was actually long Mercedes-Benz Black Leather, but it's mainly young and sweetly stimulated and therefore suitable for the masses. Now Rasasi La Yuqawam (LY) is also in my collection and is the second Rasasi in my collection besides Hawas.

Actually, I came across La Yuqawam through research for known perfume clones. So this fragrance is said to be a very convincing clone of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather (TL). I had heard of Tuscan Leather several times before but never tested it. At least I just thought that I wouldn't like this kind of scent simply because of the name "Leather". How much I was wrong...

As luck would have it, about a year ago I visited a perfumery that sold Rasasi La Yuqawam and Tom Ford Tuscan Leather at the same time! Of course, this fitted perfectly into my research of perfume clones. So I took the chance to test both of them on one arm in a direct comparison. But later more about the comparison.

From the very first spraying of LY, it was clear to me that this would be a fragrance like no other. Uniqueness is what he's gonna be. Of course, you can already feel the leather and it can quickly attack your nose. But the beast is immediately tamed by a fruitiness, with an oriental spiciness to go with it. La Yuqawam looks more oriental and not, as TL might suggest, elegantly Italian. Fruitiness and leather simply fight a duel at eye level in the first minutes. However, I find that the berry in the top note is more of a blackberry than a raspberry. It lingers for a really long time and is always noticeable during the fragrance. Whereby - sometimes something raspberryy comes through, but as if it had been candied - but this raspberry is very reserved.

When the top note fades it is a continuous interplay between spiciness, smokiness and really pleasant leather. The leather does not immediately whitewash everything around it, but accompanies the other components constantly. And that's probably why this leather scent is also more than bearable for me. I do not just smell dry, rough leather. I constantly smell the blackberry in the background, incense and slightly charred wood. Very masculine, a little animalistic but not too strongly obtrusive (maybe just a little) but really noticeable.

Speaking of perceptibility: I don't think there's a single fragrance in my perfume collection that I smell on myself as long as La Yuqawam does when I wear it. I'm talking about about 7-8 hours in which I inhale a small cloud of fragrance over and over again. To be honest, I love it because it constantly confirms that this perfume will get you through half the day. In total the fragrance is perceptible on the skin for more than 10 hours, so I can only agree with the other comments on this. Such a durability is of course a dream.

Now for a quick comparison with Tuscan Leather. In the top note I find the most obvious difference. The fruitiness of blackberry/raspberry in La Yuqawam is much more pronounced than in Tuscan Leather. There the berry is noticeable, but much more subtle, so that the fragrance in Tom Ford focuses more on the leather chords. These, however, appear somewhat softer and more refined from the outset than in Rasasi. Nevertheless, after a while these two fragrances are practically indistinguishable (or only marginally) from each other. So Rasasi has done a good job when it comes to copying. But his stronger fruitiness is what I like even a little bit better than with Tom Ford.

I can recommend the perfume to others if you're really looking for a powerhouse for the fall or winter, preferably for the fall. La Yuqawam is more casual to wear, as it's a little less elegant than Tuscan Leather. I would only consider a blind purchase if you have the Tuscan Leather DNA in your head and want a fragrance that is close to it, that brings the berry more to the fore and also offers a very good price/performance ratio. Then I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I am more than happy with La Yuqawam!
Volker1964
A great fragrance, for the rebel in man
There are certainly some good to very good leather scents. How is this one of Rasasi ?
Flacon:
Reminds me of Tom Ford. Simple and yet somehow elegant. Good haptics.
Top note:
Raspberry, not too sweet with a pleasant spicy note. Top note remains relatively long. I find it pleasant. Not too strong, good present is more like it.
Heart note:
In the heart note it becomes smoky and not too short. Spicy notes still remain. Raspberry still slightly present, pleasantly it takes the piquancy away from the smoke a bit.
Base:
Now the smell is gonna be really weird. Here the leather comes into its own. Smoky wood becomes quite strong, amber balances skilfully here, so that the base remains relatively pleasant. Base should not be stronger. Still in the green zone for me.
Conclusion:
If you like light and subtle fragrances, you will not necessarily be happy with this fragrance. He starts well present and gets stronger and stronger. Smoke, leather and wood are already quite strong. I like such "special" scents. You should definitely test it first. Comparison with Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford ? I see Tom Ford TL as a man in a suit, fine, elegant and skilfully balanced. I see the Yugawam of Rasasi as a man in jeans, leather jacket and motorcycle, a wild rebel.

5.5

Uberalles
best clone of the original
this is the best clone of the original TL , long lasting cheap price per quality radio,
and very high niche quality...
the only complain i have is the chemicals which make/s me sneeze when i use it you will receive same amount of compliments if not more.

SergioTSergioT 8 months ago
Better than Tuscan Leather? I tend to prefer the Tom Ford over any other similar scent, but this one is at least as good as the OG. Awesome
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
A copy of Tuscan leather...on me it's not strong and doesn't last..probably better clones out there. If you can afford Tuscan stick with it
Carlitos01Carlitos01 14 months ago
Similar to half a dozen top leather fragrances but very well blended. Rasasi did a good incense/leather scent with La Yuqawam. Recommended!
PioPio 2 years ago
Very nice well rounded scent. Strong and with personality. Not for everyone though.

by Glosoli
by Estbienla
by Mischel
by Mischel

Popular Rasasi

Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi Fattan pour Homme by Rasasi Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Boruzz - Atheer Cambodia by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Qasamat Morhaf by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Oudh Siufi by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Junoon Leather for Men by Rasasi Sotoor - Waaw by Rasasi Junoon Velvet for Men by Rasasi Oudh al Misk by Rasasi