La Yuqawam pour Homme (2012)

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi

La Yuqawam pour Homme is a popular perfume by Rasasi for men and was released in 2012. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesThyme, Saffron, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Jasmine, Davana
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Black suede, Woods, Amber

Submitted by Missjo, last update on 14.06.2019

10.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

3lbows
So that you can still bite powerfully tomorrow.
For the perfume newcomer, for me as a perfume newcomer, a revelation fixed by an additional check with a souk order. I can't remember who put it there, but - thank you!
If you only knew the designers until now, you will open up completely new patterns here. Smoke, pictured in a perfume, with leather and raspberry? Vieeeel raspberry? - At least I perceive it most prominently, especially in the later drydown. What is known to the well-read perfumo with some nasal experience not only by TL as a quite feasible mixture is probably only a shake of the head would have escaped me before my passion for fragrance.
Is that a niche now? How awesome is that?
Thanks to Greenie07, I was able, no, to immediately fill myself with a remaining bottle. This came in a noble wooden casket - also a premium experience away from the scent. The spray head distributes finely, precisely but stingy, and that's a good thing. 2 sprays on the neck paint one for the next 24 hours into an autumn-brown, dry-leathery, slightly herbaceous, only in the prelude really smoky sweetness that projects powerful, but not intrusive. Anything over three sprays is a violation of the Geneva Convention. And don't let the clothes get caught. Maybe that's my only problem with this fragrance: You decide today what you wear tomorrow.
Otherwise LY is a convincing fragrance experience for me. I notice an adult sweetness here, far away from the gold bar, the hand grenade and Armani's keymaster. I like these too, yes I admit it, but this is more authentic, more bitter, more natural, more valuable. Like Qui-Gon Jinn, sitting quietly on the ground waiting for the nervously running Darth Maul (1 million) until the force fields dissolve again I have also used such a raspberry in Montblancs Individuel, or in Green Leather by Daniel Josier, but there it is more fruity, juicier, a bit more synthetic and thus far less sovereign.
This lightly fogged, sometimes green, but always discreetly sweet raspberry is the character of this fragrance for me. If not overdosed, it is portable for me almost all year round, except at 30 degrees upwards, because it does not have fresh aspects.
Arabi Cana of Kolmaz also strikes in this direction. Smokier, less berry, more herbaceous, also unique, but the typical Arabic wafting in the background. It is also worth it, and with 25 EUR for 100ml a great everyday replacement, with still very good performance.
8.0 8.0 10.0 7.0/10

Leather or smoke
I don't (yet) know a lot about leather - but if this is mainly leather and well made, then this whole field seems to be nothing for me. Maybe I should approach the topic "Tuscan Leather" again or the alternatives below.
The fragrance starts very special, for me clearly smoky. But not pleasantly smoky, like the smoke of a well-burning campfire, but rather comes close to cold smoke. For me not repulsive, by no means, but unfortunately nothing that particularly turns me on.
I can see raspberry, but only because I read it before, I would never have thought of it. Very, very discreet, slightly fired and artificial.
When the cold pub note has subsided, it becomes a whole lot tastier.
I can well imagine that this bitter fragrance has its fans, but I find it relatively one-dimensional overall. Frankincense hardly reaches me, it remains mainly smoky and woody, but after an hour it becomes much more pleasant, softer and warmer. Those who like it can look forward to an enormous durability. So far nothing has lasted longer on my skin.
Whether now the whole leather corner is nothing for me, or only this representative must prove itself for me still.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The unexpectedly mysterious seducer
As a fragrance novice, amateur, puppy, novice I will write my first comment on this fragrance.
To me : I am addicted to the world of fragrances 2016, when my desire to smell individually became bigger and bigger.
I have become a lover of heavy dark woody smoky and single fragrances and have also discovered TF private blend for me.
However it frightens me more and more to spray thousands of Euros annually.
In short : I have discovered Rasasi La Yuqawam and had it for over a year on my wish list

What happened today is for me like birthday Easter and Christmas at the same time.
Almost like a lottery win.

So in my adopted country Poland I strolled through Katowice on this snowy, windy January-Friday and actually wanted to sit in the mall with a coffee before work and warm up a bit My standard procedure, first to Douglas, then to Sephora to test scents, I almost blinded myself from the habit almost unconsciously Ah, nothing new, the old stale scents, TF too expensive, rest Mainstream.
Almost mad at me for wasting precious minutes every time in the gullible hope of finding something new, I wandered on and to my astonishment I saw a new store.
Notino.
Hm, let's have a look.
I was surprised. Amouage Tester, Atkinson, Black Afgano and many more And there I saw him: Rasasi. La Yuqawam.
Almost euphoric as a child waiting impatiently for his gift, I spray a bump on my wrist.

I was beaten to death. Raspberry and smoke. Still burn wood and raspberry. More not.
I was disappointed when I left the perfumery and went to drink my coffee as usual.
But after 10 minutes I dared to sniff my wrist again.

WOW, THAT'S REALLY FINE.
What can I say, I'm straight to Douglas, sprayed me on the other hand TF TL and waited.
I even approached people in the mall, asking which one was better.
Everyone agreed that it was the same perfume after all.
Old it is my skin, but I really barely feel a difference.

The raspberry evaporates, leaves a discreet sweet note behind, leather takes the helm. A lot of leather. Just the way I like it. Add to this subtle wood and smoke notes. Some jasmine. That's all I smell here and that's enough for me.

So I am back, bought the bottle for 70 Euro and am now the proud owner and FAN of this fragrance.
To the suit it smells so unusual but nevertheless seductively warm and masculine, my secretary and various colleagues asked today what I have put on it that it smells so unusually great.

I can imagine this scent just as well with a black leather jacket in spring and autumn or at cocktail parties in the evening with a blazer.
I will certainly wear it to my colleague's Black Tie wedding as well, so this fragrance has displaced Tobacco Oud from my 1st place, just because TF TL was 2nd and the price-performance ratio here is simply unbeatable.
10.0 9.0 10.0 8.5/10

Maximumirin
Fragrance schizophrenia or complaining at a high level
Don't misunderstand, the scent is not schizophrenic. But my opinion is this. Before I go to the TL;DR version:
Very strong leather scent with some raspberry note, incredibly good durability (14+h incl. sports& showers), in my opinion very similar to tuscan leather and godolphin. Is always worth its price and comes in beautiful OVP.

You're still reading? I've already written everything... All right, I'll do it a little.
I bought the scent from a friend after I smelled tuscan leather and I liked it very much. As a victim of consumption and an absolute perfume novice, I couldn't wait to find even more similarities, also called dupes, as I found out later. As I said, I was still an absolute newbie, so I could hardly smell the scents. Yes, it smelled like leather, very much like leather. But there was something else. Something fruity. Later it turned out to be raspberry. That was the certain something I missed in tuscan leather and godolphin. The scent was great with my new great leather jacket and I loved to smell it as soon as I put it on. The durability still convinces me. Although I only knew the classics from Douglas until then, but 14 hours of fragrance, despite sports and showers is for the price absolute top. Some would perhaps even judge it negatively, because you might want to wear something else in the evening. The bottle comes in a high-quality wooden box, which I like very much. Not a matter of course for money. All in all, I recommend you to buy it absolutely, although I can no longer wear the scent.
!! Attention! Attention! Attention! Attention! Attention! Attention! In any case test before buying. I don't know why, but I noticed that I always got a headache when I wore this scent. Was perhaps due to an allergy unknown to me or too much spray (3 sprayer)

Ernie824
Not for the faint of Heart
Just received the La Yuqawam this week through Fragrancenet.com

The opening is WOW so sharp and strong I do smell the raspberry but a tad bit, is just mostly the leather and suede that has that tar/burned rubber smell on the opening. Again this scent is not for the faint of heart, you have to be daring to wear this fragrance out on public. And I don't have Tom Ford Tuscan Leather to compare it to. Even in the dry down the scent on my skin as I tested still strong scent, not sure if I can pull it off on my skin. I have to wait and see.

Presentation is well detailed and presented
10.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Posh leathery fruity
Clone of Tom Ford Tuscan leather, perfect for winters for bringing out posh in you.
Leathery fruity, I will never call it sweet personally due to strong leather presence but it has raspberry note.
Read somewhere it matters from how much distance you spray it and it does, shall spray from at least 30 cm for evolution to middle notes faster which is the beautiful part
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Sanji
first impression has been deceived
one of the few perfumes that has changed from an "ok" first impression to an "absolute hammer". The first time I wore it I thought it was ok, smells luxurious and the raspberry note is interesting but otherwise more but after the second and third wear I somehow felt more and more like wearing the scent and I really appreciated this fantastic scent character.

I only smelled Tuscan Leather on the scent strip and it smells exactly like that.

Perfect situation for the fragrance: in the cold season, dressed chicly, in the evening to go out or for special occasions

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Raspberry Leather
Scentrack:
Gus Gus - Arabian Horse

In Arabic Yuqawam means irresistible and sure it is. Magic night seducer, totally westernized with just some oriental sparks. Sweet raspberry, non intrusive purple saffron and some herbal accords, followed by sweet jasmine and dusty white resins. This fruity-herbal sweetness is on the beautiful soft suede- leather base.
LY really reminds me of Byredo - Black Saffron but more refined, darker and deeper. Performances- great. Compliment galore scent.
The packaging is unbelieveable. Big magnetic wooden box contains almost black bottle with wooden cap. LY is really irresistible.

Rating: 8.5/10
7.0 7.0 6.5/10

On the stale side......
I'm really trying to enjoy this but for some reason when I sniff my arm on which I have sprayed this scent all I can think of is tobacco, stale tobacco, not the fresh sweet pipe type......just cigarette-like.

Also the leather just has an old worn very aged leather smell to it. Maybe if I walk around outside it might be a different story but when I wear it indoors at night before I go to sleep I'm just not impressed.

To my nose the scent does not evolve. No raspberry or sweetness to speak of.
8.0/10

Tuscan clone
This indeed is a very good copy of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather at a fraction of the price! The raspberry note a bit more prominent. The longevity and sillage are very good.

Pio 13 months ago
Very nice well rounded scent. Strong and with personality. Not for everyone though.+3
10.0

by Bradigow
by Mischel
by Mischel

Popular Rasasi

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi Oudh al Misk by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Khaltat Al Oudh by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Mukhallat Oudh Al Mubakhar by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Safina by Rasasi Kun Mukhtalifan for Men by Rasasi Egra for Men by Rasasi Roohy Tehebak by Rasasi