Tasmeem Men

Tasmeem Men by Rasasi

Tasmeem Men is a perfume by Rasasi for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Mugwort, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by Missjo, last update on 22.03.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10
Oriental Powerhouse
I have to be honest and share my story with you. The first time I tested this fragrance, I smelled a lot of sweat. Yes, you heard it. That sweat we got when it's very hot outside and we feel very dirty and smelly. That kind of sweat. Thank God that I learned how to really appreciate a fragrance. Actually Tasmeem is a beauty. I think that sweaty thing that I smelled at first was from the cumin. VERY CHEAP price for the quality inside. What could you ask from a juice that's a bit over 20$ ? Performance ? Through the roof ! 10+ hours with VERY strong projection. I got noticed even after 5-6 hours and from some distance (was a bit windy outside and the scent that remained on me just screamed "here I am" ). I am glad that I have it, because it's pretty unique for me. I don't even know how to describe it. Something between fresh and sweet. If you can imagine a Sheik in the desert, you got me. That's how Tasmeem smells for me. I wear it for special occasions only, even if it's that cheap. Only in the fall and a bit in the early spring (but careful with the number of sprays though).
I have to say it again : NOT for everyone's nose. Must be tested first. Blind buy is out of the question.
Overall : 8/10
Ernie824
Daarej had a cousin and it's name is Tasmeem
Just received Tasmeem this week from Amazon, did a test scent on my left arm on 12/05/18, so far is a beautiful scent to my nose and I do smell the cumin but not potent and does not have that body order that people proclaimed, it all depends on the individual's body/skin chemistry. I scents the Tonka Bean, Vanilla on the dry down, has the powdery scent.So far this is my 4th fragrance in the Rasasi line (Daarej, Entebaa, and Hawas) and La Yuqawam is arriving soon from Fragrancenet.com. If I would rank my Rasasi fragrances 1. Daarej 2. Tasmeem 3. Hawas and 4. Entebaa

Daarej has the similarities with Tasmeem and both smells beautiful, but I gave Daarej a slight edge over Tasmeem

Rasasi is bringing their A game in their fragrances and again don't sleep on this house

Scent(Opening/Dry Down): 7.5/10
Originality/Uniqueness: Similar to Daarej
Longevity/Performance: 9 /10: 10-12+ hrs still smell Tasmeem on my skin going on 15+ hrs
Value: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10

SOTD: Rasasi: Tasmeem as of 12/24/18

Superb scent from the house of Rasasi: Tasmeem. It projects within 2-4 hrs, and performance/longevity to me is beast mode lasted on skin between 12-18+ hrs or longer it varies on skin chemistry and how many sprays as well. Value is incredible. Tasmeem is similar to Daarej, but Daarej to me is more blended and balanced and I prefer Daarej than Tasmeem. Vanilla, Cumin and Rose dominates the notes but I scent as well the Tonka Bean and Cardamom. Cumin is not overpowering but is there and I love how the Cumin is blended well with the Vanilla and Rose. For some people Cumin can be offended due to a B.O. or body odor that gives out. To me to my nose I don't get that body odor scent on the Cumin. Is a great value for a fragrance. The presentation/design is superb. Recommended

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10= Similar scent to Daarej
Value: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 9/10
Performance/Longevity: 9/10: last on my skin between 15-18+ hrs or longer varies on skin chemistry
Overall: 8.5/10
10.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10
Terente
Tasmeem with G from gem :)
Bought blindly, following reviews on various internet sites, the Rasasi Tasmeem. The presentation is rather luxuriant for its price. A nice box, a very nice bottle, a good steel cap, and the good taste shapes give Tasmeem an aristocratic appearance.
But the juice inside the bottle... increases this first impression. Tasmeem by Rasasi is an Extraordinary gem (caps lock intentional). A little bit sweet, but not at all nauseous. Spicy and very well blended. Discreet, but strong in its hearth. The opening is divine, but also the drydown. It's similar to Cartier Declaration (must agree my portuguese friend Carlitos :) ), but having much better flavor. I had to choose between Daarej and Tasmeem and I choose Tasmeem because it can be worn also in warm seasons. It has multiple faces. It has an appearance of barbershop fragrance, but also a refined face.
Safe to blind buy. Girls and guys, this perfume outperforms many of the european designer creations. Believe me, I'm a hunter of this kind of perfumes: cheap but awesome. After Al Haramain - Excellent, this is the second gem I found. Amen! :D
Bvlgari Man in Black light with Green
Well, that's how he comes to me. Interesting, but lacking some character. Could a flanker of Bvlgari Man be in Black or Spicebomb or Black Orient? mhmm For the money a good buy but somehow lacks the unique selling proposition

Clear price/performance winner aside... I would compare it most likely with Man in Black and it costs only 15€ ? TJA.. good purchase good quality
10.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10
Herbal Liqueur from Dubai
If you take a look at the right column you may wonder why Tasmeem is owned by so many Parfumo users. The answer is that a popular online shop in Germany (Iparfumerie.de) finally got engaged with Arab perfumes and perfume oils. They put a bunch of products by Rasasi and other brands into their line-up, and Rasasi's Tasmeem is the one who “made it” here. But considering the price of less than 20 €, is this really the Arabic gents' cologne that we are waiting for?

A first glance at the beautiful flacon will definitely earn this perfume our sympathy and calm down the reservations. The blue and green design is pleasing, yet unusual – attractively different from the usual perfume bottle style. It is a beautiful item that one would like to touch.

After a close test I can well understand why this fragrance attracts people – although I should exclude myself. This is Arabia for the very cautious, paired together with barbershop style and backed by a base note much appreciated by many. In our Western use of the word, the base has to be called oriental.

Tasmeem has a distinct development, and to some extend the fragrance lives out of the contrasts formed by the different phases. The most attractive and “Arabic” is the top notes. Here, dark and herbal notes are combined with discreet sweetness. And don't be afraid of the cumin: I cannot detect the sometimes problematic appeal of sweat that this note is rumoured. There is some cardamom with its citric and ethereal aspect, and most of all the mugwort. Maybe it is just a chestiness but in this part of the development there seems to be a very slight appeal of one of the popular synthetic oud notes, but only traces of it.

Against this the sweetness sends a clear liqueur-like signal. I felt reminded of the discontinued Lui by Rochas of which we do not have a proper substitute.

Quite soon the attractive head note gives way to floral and creamy hints. Also, a certain soapiness crops up – this is what I connect to the barbershop style mentioned before.

Already during the heart notes the oriental base becomes noticeable. This is built around the tonka bean and not an innovation by far. We are presented a well-known accord whith an earthy and woody impression that I like to compare with the scent of wet sand.

Considering the development one has to make concessions. Although the longevity is quite decent, the oriental base is reached too quickly. A little trick may help: the attractive head notes persist much longer if you spray Tasmeem on clothes. In doing so, the delicious herbal liqueur goes a long way!

For the followers of the oriental direction in perfumery and especially the “sand accord”, Tasmeem is a good choice as an everyday perfume. The quality should excel most of what is available among the orientals up to 50 €. But does is always have to be cheap? Perfume is luxury, shouldn't we rather exclude it from the general need to save money?

Looking at the so interesting Arab brands, I sadly miss offers in the upper price section of the mass market, and in the lower section of niche perfumery. I admit they would need decent distribution – because nobody would blind-buy the more expensive perfumes. But with Tasmeem and other fragrances of that kind I'd like to pose the question: If the Arabs can do this for 20 €, what would they be able to provide for 100 €? Hopefully, we should see some activity in the future.

Carlitos01 13 months ago
This fragrance is really similar to Cartier's Declaration, but with better scent and performance. It costs less than half of Declaration.+1

by Benito0607
by Thecombad
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Rasasi

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi Tasmeem Men by Rasasi Daarej pour Homme by Rasasi Oudh al Misk by Rasasi Hawas for Him by Rasasi La Yuqawam Ambergris Showers by Rasasi Khaltat Al Oudh by Rasasi Shuhrah pour Homme by Rasasi Entebaa pour Homme by Rasasi Mukhallat Oudh Al Mubakhar by Rasasi Al Wisam Day by Rasasi Oud al Mubakhar by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9325 pour Lui by Rasasi Rumz Al Rasasi 9453 pour Lui by Rasasi Safina by Rasasi Kun Mukhtalifan for Men by Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah by Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal by Rasasi Daarej pour Femme by Rasasi Egra for Men by Rasasi