Red Pearl 1999

Red Pearl by Red Pearl
Red Pearl is a popular perfume by Red Pearl for women and was released in 1999. The scent is oriental-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by SPPC (Sociéte Parisienne de Parfums et Cosmétiques). Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
MuskMusk
PralinéPraliné
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 13.10.2021.

Of foundlings and vines
Was it in one of my last reviews about a Xerjoff fragrance, so the crème de la crème of luxury perfumery, I take today an absolute counterpart - a Cheapie of unknown origin without noble lineage.

Okay, I exaggerate a little, some things I was able to find out about my foundling. The perfume is produced since 1998/1999 on behalf of SPCC Paris Bleu, a group whose business partner in North America was called or still is called Red Pearl Inc. In June 2021, SPCC Paris Bleu underwent a complete relaunch and now simply calls itself SPCC - Société Parisienne de Parfums & Cosmétiques. On the company's website, the Red Pearl is praised as a major emblematic perfume that would have marked the history of SPCC with its overwhelming success.

As you can see, the supposed orphan nevertheless has a notable, if somewhat convoluted, provenance - much in the style of 19th century trashy novels :) You can't find out very much about SPCC's perfumes, though - all you know is they'd be developed in collaboration with renowned (but unnamed) perfumers and made in Honfleur, Normandy. And - that they are enormously cheap.

Therefore, the question arises - can a perfume for currently 24,99 € fulfill all what one expects from a decent perfume so? Beautiful and valuable scent and be durable? Or would such a fragrance just be trash? Well, I would say that the Red Pearl does a good job :) Don't forget though - I haven't tested too many fragrances yet, so take my rating with a grain of salt. Certainly resonates here, moreover, given the low price a very decent portion of synthetic fragrances.

So, the Red Pearl is from the fragrance direction feminine, fruity-spicy-floral and warm. The fragrance pyramid turns out neither too lush nor too minimalist and does not seem too trivial. I can only report on the changes in the course of the fragrance: at the beginning, I perceive a somewhat drier tart-sweet note, which then increasingly gains in warmth, sweetness, spiciness and a certain "juiciness". I find this heart note very attractive - it seems caressing, warming from within and evokes a strong association with grape punch. And believe me - the perfume name and the look of the bottle didn't sway me, I got that red-grape vibe immediately after the first test:) Oriental isn't necessarily the scent for me - I think of it more as vineyards in the south of France, warm sunshine, golden autumn and sweet grape must. In the drydown, the scent retains this grape juice note, but it loses intensity and fades out pleasantly and calmly.

The durability is above average: over 8 hours with projection and sillage and then additionally over 4 hours close to the body.

So, I am satisfied with my foundling - it is a fragrance that gives you pleasure, attracts, is wearable on many occasions and - for my opinion - does not smell "cheap". It even has a recognition value - at least for me - so it's not generic-cheap. A thoroughly worthy very feminine scent that makes for nice cozy hours in the fall, but can also be used year-round. The adoption succeeded! :)

PS. A little tip: if you want to test the perfume "live", you can find it regularly in the perfumery departments of the large department store, which was created a few years ago from two venerable chains

Fabulous Oriental Vanilla
Top Notes: Violet, Black Currant, Passionfruit, Bergamot, Brazilian Rosewood.

Heart Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Tuberose, Geranium.

Base Notes: Vanilla, Praline, Amber, Musk, Tonka Bean.

Wow!! Just wow!!! I ordered this blindly based on the notes and the reviews, and I am so glad I did. This is a beautiful Oriental. As soon as I sprayed it, I was immediately very favourably impressed. This smells much more expensive than it is. It smells very classy, too. I am stunned at how gorgeous this is!

I believe I discern vanilla, amber, rosewood, violet, and rose for sure. It is a very rich smelling fragrance. I HIGHLY recommend this. It should be selling for a lot more money than it is selling for now, and I will go so far as to say that it is not only back up bottle worthy, it is also signature worthy! I could not be more pleased with Red Pearl. If only every blind buy was this fantastic, we would all be very happy indeed! I wish I knew who is the nose behind this fragrance.

My only criticism of Red Pearl is its longevity. It becomes a skin scent after roughly two hours. It is completely gone after four hours, so reapplication is necessary, but at this price point, that is not a significant problem.

Fragrance: 10/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 4/10

An Oriental Surprise
After giving this a very quick evaluation a while ago it got stored at the back of my scent-wardrobe where it kept getting overlooked till I found it on a chilly february day and I -finally- decided to test this sweetie for a whole day and see what surprises it had in store. Boy, is this a beauty!

My first thought was: If Shalimar & Cabochard had a love-child, Red Pearl would be the result. On my skin it's a rich vanilla (NOT cloying or overly sweet but rather a sensual vanilla) with a very lush rosewood note that gets quickly accompanied by a cozy tonka-bean. Hints of florals and fruits further beautify this hidden gem that could be your next *secret* scent that people wonder about! The dry-down is a warm amber with a civet vibe. I also get (throughout) a smokey sensation that is not at all disturbing but rather adds to its oriental feel.

Despite the friendly price it's not cheap smelling at all! It smells very complex and lush. An addictive and warm vanilla Oriental that is a must sniff for vanilla/Oriental fans! If you like scents in the vein of Shalimar and/or Cabochard this is a wonderful addition to your collection, simply because it's closely related to the two, yet different enough to be true to itself.

Silage is: you have entered an amazing Oriental Souq! -- Longevity is 6+ hours in which it travels through a few stages of enchantment then settles on a warm close to the skin amber base with a touch of rose.

A real treat for a friendly price! Try it and be amazed (I was!) : )

by Florecilla
Red Pearl Intense:)  Nein, eigentlich nur eine etwas glamourösere Aufnahme von meinem Herbstcheapie...
by Sonnenblume
by Sonnenblume
Kalenderspruch hinter dem Duft: Jeder von uns ist auf seine Weise einzigartig. (Note: not my calendar!)
by Digindirt
by Digindirt

Popular Red Pearl

Golden Ring by Red Pearl Silver Ring Sparkle by Red Pearl Earrings by Red Pearl Unveiled by Red Pearl Elmira by Red Pearl Silver Ring by Red Pearl Unveiled Secrets by Red Pearl Élégance by Red Pearl Esperanza by Red Pearl Royalty by Red Pearl Pulsation by Red Pearl