Les Notes Gourmandes - Héliotrope Do Ré 2008

Les Notes Gourmandes - Héliotrope / Do Ré by Réminiscence
Les Notes Gourmandes - Héliotrope is a perfume by Réminiscence for women and was released in 2008. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Flori

AlmondAlmond
SandalwoodSandalwood
CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Brazilian tonka beanBrazilian tonka bean
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
MuskMusk

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 10.11.2021.

The name was changed to "Héliotrope" in 2013.

(M)a little green gourmand
Of the three Les Notes Gourmandes fragrances, this is the only one that does not have a "real" gourmand name, but rather the name of a plant. Heliotrope is also called "vanilla flower" or "cherry pie flower", because its smell is reminiscent of vanilla and marzipan. Heliotropin has already sweetened many a noble perfume and also found its use here.

The older sister in the Les Notes Gourmands trio was the most unwieldy for me - as its sweetness is mixed with a portion of balsamic spice and the fragrance comes along overall in a certain way green. The first half hour was particularly difficult for me - I got a full load of benzoin balsamic, so I certainly understand the medicinal associations of some perfumas. After that, the fragrance becomes more conciliatory, and the green-tinged sweetness comes in and really caresses you. Whether this sweetness should now resemble pistachio ice cream or Amarettini cookies, this is left to the preferences of each tester:).

The scent lasts on my skin about 7 hours, the projection and sillage are good. On the clothes, the scent lasts much longer and could then already seem intrusive.

I have not quite warmed to the fragrance, although it is undeniably interesting composition. For all who want to try a sugary gourmand special kind, he would be worth a test.
Gumdrop custard
I find the fragrance not particularly sweet compared to Dragee. The is a sugar bomb against it.

Some note bothers me immensely. The same note that bothered me in the longer course at MMM.... of Juliette has a Gun.
I smell pistachio and dried almond and something that reminds me of rubber and overcooked custard. I had a kneadable eraser in my advanced art class and I can detect that smell here.
If it were a dessert, I wouldn't eat it.

Amazona
Who is looking for pistachio, will find it
Pistachio it should be. After a long search in the forum I was brought on the trail of this fragrance. First, a quick turn to the delightful bottle in the matching color. Beautiful to look at with its pleasing shape, pretty label and the gold/crystal rest of the outfit. Girly bow included. The spray head then releases a massive dose cloud of the pistachio cream ice cream. Sweet, fluffy, and durable as hell. Everything else is creamy garnish, the pistachio bravely keeping its head above water. When it became too much and too sweet for me, I resorted to my secret weapons, with which I bring in a salty component, without covering the heart notes:
I layered with Jo Malone Wood sage and salt and also with Valmont Sea bliss. Both worked with the pistachio.
This is such a reward scent, freely after the motto, I treat`mir times what for the time out. Every day I do not want to wear the, but for the little trip in the summer perfect.
The flacon could have an independent value as an eye-catcher.
Mixing phase: Woodruff Edition
I just read all my previous reviews - what can I say: you guys are right.
Knead note. Yes.
Gourmand. Yes.
Pistachio ice cream. Sure, also.
What still strikes me directly, is ne strong tonka bean, which smooches there with all the other gourmandigen notes rumknutscht.
Now comes the hot take: do you know the scent that flows towards you when you tear off the aluminum lid of such a packaged woodruff jello with custard (not the one with the separate chamber, the layered!)? I don't know what note game is to blame for that, but I smell that point where the custard turns slightly green from the dye from the woodruff jello and takes on the flavor slightly as well.

Minded pudding eaters who also enjoy such two phases separately (rather than just buying the stuff in separate chambers...): I see you, and I'm sure you know what I mean.

Do Re aka Heliotrope
In 2008, Reminiscence released the Les Notes Gourmandes series, consisting of four fragrances: Do Re, Mi Fa, Sol La and Si Do, which obviously is the name of the notes of the musical scale (in French, Italian and some other languages).
Later, in 2012-13, the fragrances were renamed, and the line now represented by Heliotrope, Guimauve and Dragee.
Do Re (aka Heliotrope) is definitely for gourmand lovers. On my skin it is mostly Almonds (= heliotrope) and Coconut. But the scent is not as simple as it might seem: it has some green (almost minty) freshness that the fig leaf probably brings in, and a soft vanilla woodiness in the base. Beeing essentially a gourmand, the composition is not overly sweet - it is pleasant enough to wear in the heat, and I think it will be great for adding more colors to your vacations on the beach.
Isapisa
Play doh children's modelling clay
I'll be brief , I think this fragrance is great, the scent reminds me of my childhood and creative moments with my daughter kneading :) . I immediately had to think of Play doh dough when I wore it on my skin

pure heliotrope
I'm surprised to see all of the notes listed, because I get nothing but heliotrope in this. I like heliotrope very much, but don't see the need for this in my collection because it doesn't do anything new with the note. (060509)

HellenczHellencz 1 year ago
This starts really juicy green, then it quickly turns into a gourmet almond dessert powdered with vanilla icing sugar. Cozy and delicious!

by Tahnee
by JJ84
by Simetra
by Simetra

Popular Réminiscence

Oud by Réminiscence Tonka by Réminiscence Patchouli Elixir / Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli by Réminiscence Patchouli by Réminiscence Vanille by Réminiscence Patchouli pour Homme by Réminiscence L'Incroyable Patchouli by Réminiscence Les Notes Gourmandes - Dragée by Réminiscence Réminiscence by Réminiscence Les Notes Gourmandes - Guimauve / Mi Fa by Réminiscence Patchouli L'Eau / Eau de Patchouli by Réminiscence Musc by Réminiscence Ambre by Réminiscence Noir de Réminiscence by Réminiscence Patchouli Blanc by Réminiscence Vanille Santal by Réminiscence Rem Coco by Réminiscence Réminiscence pour Homme by Réminiscence White Tubereuse (Eau de Parfum) by Réminiscence Rem Homme (1996) by Réminiscence