Vanille by Réminiscence

Vanille is a popular perfume by Réminiscence for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Osmanthus
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vanilla, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Tahitian vanilla blossom
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Bourbon vanilla, Indonesian patchouli, Praliné, Tahitian vanilla absolute, Tonka bean, Ugandan vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Serenity, last update on 16.01.2020.

8.0 6.0 8.0 6.0/10

Challenge in Advent: On the way to "my" vanilla scent - 2 December 2019
I can tell you right now - today it's not going to work out with the vanilla and me. With the Reminiscence vanilla, I have no chance despite the wish to like it: I simply don't like the scent.
It is a very cold morning, and since I have to work on Mondays only in the late morning, I took a wonderful dog walk in the very early morning. It was still dark and then slowly became light - dawn in Advent, the landscape covered with a magic frost, as if dipped in sugar. Filigree ice crystals and the vanilla scent of the day. But unfortunately: At most I can discover reminiscences of vanilla in the reminiscence vanilla. Although my cold nose this morning is very fresh and clear, I notice something powdery above all, even in large quantities. Powder and a flower I don't know - maybe the vanilla flower? Since I haven't been here long, I have to struggle to learn to differentiate the individual components of a perfume, and of course I don't presume to be able to say anything really informative here. I can only formulate my impression. And here I come to the conclusion that this vanilla scent is not what I am looking for: I don't find it as a winter cuddly scent and not as gourmandig-sweet, I honestly don't register the praline at all. I have two different bottlings, one of which I tried yesterday before going to bed, but both are no different - for me the vanilla is rather subtle. That's a bit embarrassing, because the fragrance is so highly praised here - but for me it's just the same. I would probably wear it in spring or autumn, because I perceive more flowers as gourmand - and above all this almost obtrusive powder tone. That's the reason why I won't wear the fragrance at all, because I simply don't like this tone in this combination.
So the result for today is positive in the sense that I am now even more excited about the other vanilla fragrances. What a range of vanilla interpretations has now resulted for me from the two fragrances alone - Eau des Missions and this one! It remains exciting!
Tomorrow I'll test Coco Vanilla from Place des Lices!
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Sweet vanilla
A famous perfumer is said to have once said: "Men love vanilla. That's why the whores of this world smell of vanilla." Vanilla makes me think of sensual things, of cuddling and seduction. Sexy fragrances such as Dior Addict and Tobacco Vanilla give vanilla refined sexiness and something creamy. Vanilla caresses, embraces and is warm. Vanilla is there for the big show: today we're talking about Reminiscence's vanilla fragrance, which has implemented the vanilla theme. I have blindly soughed up this scent because I love vanilla so much. And from the dear Parfuma there was also a fragrance for free. Many thanks at this point to Ambrosia! This fragrance starts with a dominant osmanthus note that smells like the golden osmanthus bath additive of Dresden essence. But vanilla is also present from the very beginning. As soon as the fragrance merges into the heart note, the fragrance becomes more pleasing and softer. Vanilla is dominant. Not very sweet, rather powdery, warm and flattering. Flowery notes join them. According to the pyramid, heliotrope, jasmine and vanilla blossom are responsible for this. It smells fine, harmonious and balanced. This fragrance is not a sexy Wummser like the above fragrances. Rather a sensually playful gourmand, which I really like.
A poem:

A fine note
springs from it Of fresh vanilla pod
In addition there are flowers fine
This fragrance must be for the evening
But also during the day it fits well
To a dress like to the hat
A sensual playful fragrance
Waves temptingly through the air
7.5 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Pleasant Vanilla
Out of all scents I have tested that have vanilla as their central note, "Vanille" by Réminiscence is my current favorite. The scent is very subtle and light, but very long lasting at the same time. It contains only the best of vanilla in all styles. Not too sweet, not too tart, not too synthetic, not too overpowering - simply just right. A tender vanilla flavor wafts around my nose. As the name suggests it's mainly vanilla with little accents of the other components. I'm not really liking the top note of the fragrance. It disturbs me and is unpleasant to me because I just can't smell osmanthus. I don't like it, it itches my nose. Gladly this top note fades quite quickly and after that "Vanille" is my scent through and through. A little floralness from jasmine and heliotrope and a good portion creamyness from musk, tonkabean and praline make it a really nice comfort and winter scent for cozy evenings at home. A truly harmonious blend of aromas in a beautifully shaped flacon.

Jazzy76 7 months ago
A wonderful and involving sexy vanilla with a resinous oriental base: a tre love potion perfect mainly in the cold season.Very good sillage
9.0
Carlitos01 21 months ago
Smooth, elegant, subtle, creamy vanilla scent with a better than expected longevity. I do recommend it either for layering or regular use!+6
ScentedSalon 4 years ago
Dusty, ancient vanilla with powdered dust and musty dust.
5.0
6.0
4.5

by Hexana
by Hexana
Short reminder. Multan Dankon!
by BBMie
by Nisie
by Nisie
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Réminiscence

Tonka by Réminiscence Oud by Réminiscence Guimauve / Les Notes Gourmandes - Mi Fa by Réminiscence Patchouli by Réminiscence Héliotrope / Les Notes Gourmandes - Do Ré by Réminiscence Noir de Réminiscence by Réminiscence Musc by Réminiscence L'Incroyable Patchouli by Réminiscence Ambre by Réminiscence Patchouli Elixir / Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli by Réminiscence Réminiscence by Réminiscence Les Notes Gourmandes - Dragée by Réminiscence Patchouli pour Homme by Réminiscence Patchouli L'Eau / Eau de Patchouli by Réminiscence Les Notes Gourmandes - Si Do by Réminiscence Les Notes Gourmandes - Sol La by Réminiscence Patchouli Blanc by Réminiscence White Tubereuse (Eau de Parfum) by Réminiscence Réminiscence pour Homme by Réminiscence Rem Homme (1996) by Réminiscence