Stone for Him 2015

Stone for Him by Replay
Bottle Design Lovebrand
Stone for Him is a perfume by Replay for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-resinous. It is being marketed by Mavive.

Luca Maffei

BenzoinBenzoin
LabdanumLabdanum
MuskMusk
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.12.2021.

No stumbling block!
And once again, I couldn't stick to myself and had to make a blind buy.

Yes, I've fallen on my face with it from time to time, but "Stone" by Replay didn't turn out to be a stumbling block.

Why this is so, I would like to explain in a few simple words.

To begin with, Replay's perfume "Stone" is something I would definitely like to put in the seasons to come.
Anything below 20° I think is appropriate, the cooler it is the more it exudes its charm.

The opening can easily be described as freshly spicy. Both the lemon (finally NO bergamot), as well as the nutmeg are directly present.

The very big fresh note disappears within the next 10 minutes, without ever drying up completely. Now, however, the clove, as well as the cinnamon appear in any case.

Mentally, I felt directly reminded of an Italian market / supermarket. There, where you can find the spices. Just wonderfully soft and warm. Never scratchy or intrusive.

You might think that you get a Christmas scent here, but I can't say that. Yes, "Stone" seems spicy, Christmasy he is but not at all, what you could think on the basis of the cinnamon.

As an amber and musk fan, I could also enjoy the foothills of fragrance development very much.
Both present, soft but perceptible.

This little stone is definitely loosely office-suitable, one pulls because of the subtle but perceptible sillage a fine soft spicy note with it, where I can not imagine that anyone could be bothered by it.
Too softly rinsed are the notes of the spices present...and the attribute "softly rinsed" is to be considered here throughout positive.

The durability is totally average. After 5 hours, the scent is skin present but in no way gone.

The flacon is just a blast. What a beautiful hand flatterer.
I have the 50ml bottle and that one has simply gladly in the hand.
Coupled with the metal plate, which locks the spray button is just fantastic in this price range and that makes my paid 10 euros seem almost ridiculous.

The all-round package is completely right here. I am glad to have discovered Replay`s "Stone" now in late summer, because so I know now already, which fragrance will accompany me in the next few months.

Maybe in my little review has come out now:
In this great, valuable flacon is a spicy soft fragrance, which never ticks off or annoying.

Again, a Blindbuy I do not regret... quite the opposite!

Have a fragrant day :)
With modern eggs back from the 70s
First of all: this stuff is brutal! Whoever sprays it on the cardboard strip will be surprised why it still smells recognizably like "Stone for Him" after a week. Much more expensive brews are less persistent in this respect, just so much more.
How do I get the cheap fragrances from Replay of all places, where I never liked their jeans back in the 90s? Well, the point of reference is perfumer Luca Maffei, who already offered "Alyssa Ashley's Oud Pour Lui", a real niche fragrance for a lot of money and which I still consider a small highlight of my collection. All this is now almost a year ago. At that time I immediately bought some other scents from Maffei, because I was interested (as a perfume newcomer) whether a certain signature of his scents could be recognized in other brands. I didn't really like "Stone for Him" at that time - my Aventus ISO-E Super Wave just ebbed away noticeably, there had to be other fragrances than the standard Douglas mush. But "Stone for Him" was too strong, too pungent, even too soapy! At that time soapiness was rather unpleasant to me and I couldn't understand that it was actually a classic stylistic device of masculine scents from the 70s. So the real scent guys with eggs, chest hair and gold chains without that modern touch of male self-doubt and androgyny of today's vegan men.
"Stone for Him" is for me an extremely successful interpretation of this heavy 70s block. No chumming up zeitgeist of interchangeable Sauvage shower fragrances, but the will to stand out. Various kitchen spices, heavy resins, this Maffei-typical incense and clove and a lot of black cardamom! Caution: it's crazy intense - two small sprayers are enough for everything, otherwise you shouldn't have any more space problems in a full tram.
No idea which target group the Italian Replay basically has as a clothing brand - think a rather under thirty-year-old. If that were the case, "Stone for Him" would have been designed to appeal to this age group, because such a blatantly eye-catching perfume is worn by men in their mid-40s - someone who can still feel what the 70s were like, as a child, as an adolescent.
Perfect for the autumn walk, it smells like an autumn campfire, as a pleasure-seeking work colleague blurted out joyfully when I held him "Stone for Him" under my nose. And in the beginning I thought the fragrance was a better and more striking version of "1 Million" - but I moved away from that.
Often you can't wear it, too special. But a value-for-money hammer is always "Stone for Him". It's a pity that no one here has tested it yet.
PS. presumably the people in charge at Replay did not quite trust their concept with "Stone for Him" and as a precaution they threw a mainstream Sauvage clone after it: "Stone Supernova For Him". Now it has nothing to do with Maffei's "Stone for Him" anymore. I have it for interest, but I don't use it and soon I'll give it away to the pubescent offspring.

Carlitos01
Please replay "Young At Heart"!
Some perfumes can be dissected within a couple of paragraphs.
Some others are just hard to explain within several pages.
Stone for Him should not be a complex fragrance. It has not been released by a high end designer with a tradition in "old school" scents. The notes are quite common and their arrangement seems to be a logic one bearing in mind that the target customers are under 25 of age.
Having said that, I inform you that I have more than the double of the Replay target market age, and, judging by his comment in his statement, so does our pal Elysium.
I love this fragrance (... and so does Elysium).
It's a bit synthetic. It has some metalic harsh accords and it's not really the type of fragrance that I usualy like to wear or review. Nevertheless I love it, and most certainly I will buy another bottle when I finish the current one. Probably it's its smoky emsemble together with the sequence of a strong elemi resin top note, followed by a powerful sweet cinnamon, and "finished" by an ethereal musky accord of labdanum, amber and benzoin, that defeated my helpless logic nose. The fragrance has a magnific sweet and balsamic evolution, from head to bottom, and its resulting effect is just very very nice, as far as I am concerned at least.
Performance in my skin is above average.

How do I rate my Stone?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Scent opening............8.5 ("I am here!" type of opening; People will notice you!)
- Scent Dry Down.........8.0 (very good balsamic and sweet drydown; People will notice you!)
- Longevity....................7.5 ( 8 hours with 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage..........................7.5 (sillage peak up to 5~6 feet; projection for 1.5+ hours)
- Versatility....................8.0 (Avoid hot days; This is a Winter/Fall/Spring fragrance and a very good one at it)
- Usability......................8.0 (very good for almost all social situations; very good for clubbing; don't use it in places where you may sweat like the gymn or by the seaside)
- Compliments..............8.0 (it will be a nice compliment grabber, but remember that not everybody will like this type of balsamic sweet scent)
- Uniqueness.................8.0 (some similarities with some younger upscale fragrances like Pure XS and 212 VIP Black; Older Joop pour Homme and its flankers have the same type of vuibe as well; I love all of them)
- Quality.........................6.0 (yes, it's a non natural, synthetic perfume; the low price, the expensive bottle, and the alluring juice has its down effect on quality; But I just can't help to love this juice)
- Presentation...............9.0 (a 10 for creativity and an 8 for not being easy to stand the flask in a vertical position, gives me an average of 9)
- Price...........................10.0 (€14,00 for 100 ml non tester in ShowroomPrivé)
Average:......................8.05/10.00
between 7 and 8 = above average; But are you sure you want to buy it?
between 8 and 9 = recommended; Certainly many people will like it!
bigger than 9 = don't miss it; Hardly a perfume will pleasure you more than this one!

Opinion on "Stone for Him": It's a "love it or hate it" polarising scent! I love it but other people may have also extreme reaction to this fragrance, and love it.... or hate it really bad!
Blind buy worthy? No, it's better you try it before you buy it!

Music: Sinatra's "Young At Heart"

MickoMicko 20 days ago
For teenager. Average performance designer
LemonheadsLemonheads 9 months ago
You can feel the nose of a professional here,sweet resinous and spicy fragrance,alluring and mysterious,best from Replay!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Stone is a synthetic scent!
Low price, expensive bottle and alluring juice has its down effect on quality.
But I just can't help loving it!
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
The new scent REPLAY STONE is addressed at population age 18 to 30, famous for their charisma and charm. What if, at 51, I like it so badly?

by Camey5000
by Camey5000

Popular Replay

Stone for Her by Replay Signature for Woman by Replay Replay for Her by Replay Replay (Eau de Toilette) by Replay Signature Red Dragon by Replay Stone Supernova for Him by Replay Replay for Him! (Eau de Toilette) by Replay True Replay for Her by Replay Signature Secret by Replay Replay Intense for Her by Replay Stone Supernova for Her by Replay True Replay for Him by Replay Relover by Replay Essential for Her by Replay Replay Intense for Him by Replay Signature for Man by Replay Jeans Spirit! for Her by Replay Jeans Spirit! for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Replay Jeans Original for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Replay Your Fragrance! for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Replay