Charlie Gold (1996)Eau de Toilette

Charlie Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson

Charlie Gold (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Revlon / Charles Revson for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesPeach, Apricot, Plum, Citrus notes, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Freesia, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Woody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.06.2020.

It's okay (NOT the original, dates from 1996), inexpensive, spicy, bright
I paid less than US$8 for the 100ml bottle, including inland UK postage! Incredible. I would call this a very inexpensive fragrance, not "cheap". I don't find it unusual in any way, it strikes me as a standard spicy, flowery, sweet, fruity edt with no special distinction. Clearly not unique (meaning one-of-a-kind). The cinnamon content is low -- for me, a happy thing as I am sensitive to this oil. A little of the spray went into one eye and caused a lot of irritation, not sure what the culprit was, easy to suspect cinnamon.

The vivid colour is due to several colourants which could stain clothing, please note. The bottle is expertly designed to fit the hand with great facility, well done Revlon! Longevity and sillage on the low side.

Of all the constituents of the edt, for me the orange is the standout.

Belgwen
These Charlie series are unbelievable!!
I am very pleased with Charlie Gold since I was able to score one for $8 including shipping. On my skin, this shines like pure golden floral. Although Jasmine is the lead, it's white smell turns into gold thanks to the peach, apricot, and cinnamon. The clove and rose is also humming in the background of this bouquet of flowers and fruits. LOVE it!! Its formulation is constructed, in my opinion, very similar to one of my favorites: Il Bacio. Recommend using it in Winter time. Also use caution when spraying. It stains clothes to the golden color of the juice inside.

A Misjudged Classic
The stepchild among scents. Very underrated yet a complex and yummy scent.
We all know it since Noah's Ark. The bottle is 'boring' and he price is 'too cheap'?!

If this same potion were in a classy, pretty bottle and re-released under a clever name with an equally clever ad-campaign AND priced way, WAY up. How many would covet this? I think lots of people would. It's a well made deep and rich honey-ish, caramel and floral mix. Its silage is sexy and the longevity is awesome.

Forget the prejudice and just judge this one by smell. The same goes for Charlie Blue & Red. *very affordable yumminess*

Inexpensive surprise
This perfume may be inexpensive, not having the class and sophistication of perhaps a Guerlain or a Chanel, but it is in no way a cheap or nasty smelling fragrance. I find Charlie Gold to be very unique. I agree with Kellstar, the cinnamon certainly stands out in this fragrance. It is sweet without being sickly sweet. I have received many compliments whilst wearing Charlie Gold. My only criticism is that the lasting power is not that great.

Update: I wore this to bed last night and was amazed by how rich and sensual this smelt. It warmed on my skin considerably and smelt like a rich and expensive cinnamon and vanilla scent. My boyfriend actually found it quite sexy, and since he never compliments my fragrances, this is important to note.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Warm, sweet and at a very affordable price: another of my "never without"fragrances!

by Lipstick0n
by Griseldis
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Revlon / Charles Revson

Ciara (80 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (Perfume Concentrate) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (100 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Fire & Ice (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Jontue (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Red (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Chaz / Ciaz / Chaz Classic (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Orofluido by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie (Eau de Cologne Fraiche) by Revlon / Charles Revson She by Revlon / Charles Revson Xi'a Xi'ang (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Intimate by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie White by Revlon / Charles Revson Braggi (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Moon Drops (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Unforgettable (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Enjoli by Revlon / Charles Revson Lasting by Revlon / Charles Revson Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson by Revlon / Charles Revson