Charlie Gold 1996 Eau de Toilette

Charlie Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson
Charlie Gold (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Revlon / Charles Revson for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesPeachPeach
ApricotApricot
PlumPlum
Citrus notesCitrus notes
Violet leafViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
RoseRose
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
FreesiaFreesia
CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
CedarwoodCedarwood
VanillaVanilla
CaramelCaramel
MuskMusk
Woody notesWoody notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.01.2022.

The tale of Glamour Hare and Charlotte Tortoise
'Look at me!' said Glamour Hare to the other animals, 'Look how sexy and elegant I can look.'
Glamour Hare began to dance through the forest ballroom. All the animals agreed that the Hare was very elegant and attractive.
Then the Hare spun back to her starting point. 'Look,' she cried, 'I'm not even sweating. I can be pretty and elegant for hours and hours.'
'Yeah, that was really nice to see,' said Sleazy Lioness.
'So, who wants to challenge my beauty and class?' said the Hare. 'Do any of you here think you can beat me?'
None of the animals dared to speak.
'Look,' said the Hare, 'you're all too scared to even try?'.
'I'll try,' said Charlotte Tortoise.
Glamour Hare laughed, 'You? The clumsiest creature in the whole forest? I deserve so much better than competing with a Tortoise'.
'What's the matter?' said the Tortoise, 'Are you afraid I'll beat you?'
All the animals laughed at this and Glamour Hare was quick to cut through the growls, 'Very well then, Charlotte. We'll see who's the most graceful...and then we'll see who ends up laughing.'
'Okay, my dear,' said Charlotte Tortoise. 'Let's get ready then and show off our elegance tomorrow at 5:00 sharp'.

The next day, all the animals gathered in the clearing very early to watch the preparations. Glamour Hare went shopping at the mall for a nice designer outfit, shining new shoes and a new expensive perfume flask. But there was so much to choose from... she was just taking a lot of time. Anyway, she would be on time for the pageant for sure.
'Are they ready yet?' asked Sleazy Lioness.
'It's hard to tell with Tortoises,' said Trixie Badger. 'I don't see Glamour anywhere, but Charlotte seems to be arriving'.
'Is she? Really?' asked the Lioness.
And indeed she was. Charlotte was wearing a nice, comfortable outfit, and sprayed herself with her trusty fruity-floral-oriental Charlie Gold Eau de Toilette. Everyone nodded convincingly at her scent and looks.
'Charlotte Tortoise, are you ready to start?' asked Jeannie Crow. 'I mean Glamour Hare seems a bit late... But there's no reason for you not to start impressing us!...'.
'Don't worry,' said Charlotte Tortoise. 'She'll certainly catch me on the dance floor. I'll even try to speed up a bit. You'll see.'
The crowd of animals watched impressed. Charlotte was well prepared. She slowly made her way to the clearing and executed some well-trained but safe dance steps. She even looked almost attractive and elegant. And her scent was quite convincing as it was feminine enough, mildly sweet and with pleasant notes of caramel and woody accords. At the end of the demonstration, all the animals applauded. And Glamour Hare was still nowhere to be seen.
In fact, the Hare arrived a minute before the end of the Tortoise show. She arrived at great speed wearing a marvellous designer dress, four expensive-looking high-heeled shoes and scenting the surrounding air with a classy musky-civet-castoreum "Extract De Parfum". It was just too much for Sleazy Lioness' keen senses. While everyone was looking at Charlotte Tortoise, While everyone was looking at Charlotte Tortoise, the Lioness pranced, jumped and caught Glamour Hare...
'It's not fair,' wailed Glamour Hare, 'it's not fair.' But no one was listening to the Hare.

Music: Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Are You Ready Eddy?"
Charlie meets a new generation part 2
After I could get Charlie Red outrageously cheap and convince me, the curiosity had grabbed me and I looked around on Parfumo for the other Charlies. Since I have a heart for oriental fragrances, gold directly caught my eye and after I read that he is very oppulent, vintage and similar in style to Chanel's Coco (one of my favorites), I was really excited. Probably reading up on it was rather counterproductive in this case though, but more on that later. To my enthusiasm, Müller also offers the Charlies for a ridiculously low price and thus the golden one was bagged and taken.

At home, I could hardly wait to try it out and sprayed off. To my regret, the fragrance but unfortunately did not correspond to my image that I have made before. On my skin spread the strong scent of peach, but not really juicy, but rather scratchy like peach soap. Cinnamon and plum I detect, but very soft and subtle. It almost has gourmand traits at first, if it weren't for that soapy note that never really wants to go away and then makes the whole compote unenjoyable after all. As does the peach, by the way, which is ironclad until it disappears and is merely accompanied by all the other notes in the pyramid. On my skin, at least, it doesn't undergo any great oriental development that I was eagerly waiting for. For me, he is rather fruity-soapy-sweet - Just clean, somehow.

Bad is this fragrance by no means, but unfortunately I catch myself how I always look a bit wistfully at the bottle when passing and do not quite know what to do with it. At least currently, I wouldn't actually wear it personally, as charming as the vintage DNA of it may be. Maybe I'll try it again when it gets warmer, but until then Charlie Red remains the better Charlie in my opinion.

It's okay (NOT the original, dates from 1996), inexpensive, spicy, bright
I paid less than US$8 for the 100ml bottle, including inland UK postage! Incredible. I would call this a very inexpensive fragrance, not "cheap". I don't find it unusual in any way, it strikes me as a standard spicy, flowery, sweet, fruity edt with no special distinction. Clearly not unique (meaning one-of-a-kind). The cinnamon content is low -- for me, a happy thing as I am sensitive to this oil. A little of the spray went into one eye and caused a lot of irritation, not sure what the culprit was, easy to suspect cinnamon.

The vivid colour is due to several colourants which could stain clothing, please note. The bottle is expertly designed to fit the hand with great facility, well done Revlon! Longevity and sillage on the low side.

Of all the constituents of the edt, for me the orange is the standout.

Belgwen
These Charlie series are unbelievable!!
I am very pleased with Charlie Gold since I was able to score one for $8 including shipping. On my skin, this shines like pure golden floral. Although Jasmine is the lead, it's white smell turns into gold thanks to the peach, apricot, and cinnamon. The clove and rose is also humming in the background of this bouquet of flowers and fruits. LOVE it!! Its formulation is constructed, in my opinion, very similar to one of my favorites: Il Bacio. Recommend using it in Winter time. Also use caution when spraying. It stains clothes to the golden color of the juice inside.

A Misjudged Classic
The stepchild among scents. Very underrated yet a complex and yummy scent.
We all know it since Noah's Ark. The bottle is 'boring' and he price is 'too cheap'?!

If this same potion were in a classy, pretty bottle and re-released under a clever name with an equally clever ad-campaign AND priced way, WAY up. How many would covet this? I think lots of people would. It's a well made deep and rich honey-ish, caramel and floral mix. Its silage is sexy and the longevity is awesome.

Forget the prejudice and just judge this one by smell. The same goes for Charlie Blue & Red. *very affordable yumminess*

Inexpensive surprise
This perfume may be inexpensive, not having the class and sophistication of perhaps a Guerlain or a Chanel, but it is in no way a cheap or nasty smelling fragrance. I find Charlie Gold to be very unique. I agree with Kellstar, the cinnamon certainly stands out in this fragrance. It is sweet without being sickly sweet. I have received many compliments whilst wearing Charlie Gold. My only criticism is that the lasting power is not that great.

Update: I wore this to bed last night and was amazed by how rich and sensual this smelt. It warmed on my skin considerably and smelt like a rich and expensive cinnamon and vanilla scent. My boyfriend actually found it quite sexy, and since he never compliments my fragrances, this is important to note.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Warm, sweet and at a very affordable price: another of my "never without"fragrances!

by Sunnyiland
by Arlufkin
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Revlon / Charles Revson

Ciara (80 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (100 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (Perfume Concentrate) by Revlon / Charles Revson Jontue (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Chaz / Ciaz / Chaz Classic (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Red (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Fire & Ice (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Orofluido by Revlon / Charles Revson She by Revlon / Charles Revson Unforgettable (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Intimate (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Braggi (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Xi'a Xi'ang (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie White by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie (Eau de Cologne Fraiche) by Revlon / Charles Revson Moon Drops (Concentrated Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Enjoli by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Silver by Revlon / Charles Revson Lasting by Revlon / Charles Revson