Fire & Ice 1994 Cologne

Fire & Ice (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson
Fire & Ice (Cologne) is a perfume by Revlon / Charles Revson for women and was released in 1994. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is still available to purchase.

Givaudan

TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.07.2020.

Too peachy
The reviews for this drugstore cheapie are mesmerizing! I was determined to try it after reading how it's "hot, yet cool" and "citrusy with incense and spices". Wow! Sounds right up my alley--very alluring!

I tested it at Walmart today and was...underwhelmed. Ahhh, I'm so sad! I wanted all the descriptors to be true! It did go on with a juicy, tart nectarine note (no nectarines listed above though), and it was amazing! I loved that note! But then it dried down into what I can only describe as canned peaches. It wasn't cloying like peaches in heavy syrup, but maybe more like water-packed peaches. I was so bummed!

I kept waiting for it to change into incense and cinnamon and smoky citrus-vanilla, but it never did. It was fairly linear on me after that initial nectarine blast. I am glad I did not blind buy this one. It reminded me of Exclamation, except not as powdery-peach. I don't know what it is about my skin that amplifies peach into something so un-yummy, but it's a real bummer in this case. I wanted to get there, but the train never even left the station.

Fire & Ice von Revlon
It never fails. After almost 2 decades of worshiping this fragrance, I still rush to the night stand after a shower and linger with my eyes closed as I spray the exotic scent of Fire & Ice over me. I'm not complete without it.

This is honestly the only fragrance I have used since 1995. My favorites are citrus, oriental and musks and my love for this aroma is never disappointed.

It has caught the admiration of hundreds of people over the years and I understand why. It is a seductive, inviting, escapist smell. For me the sillage and longevity is only surpassed by the 1975 / 76 original musk oils by Jovan.

Truly a luxurious, non-guilty pleasure.

Belgwen
What a great little drugstore find!
Juicy oranges, magnolias (and some other flowers I can’t single out), cinnamon, amber, and vanilla.

Super sexy, yummy, and oh-my-God heavenly...

I can’t believe the low price of this!

Definitely a gourmand fragrance. Try it at least once. You won't be disappointed.

Wrap Yourself In Mystique At A Drugstore Price
This surprised me. The immediate spray was alcohol but it quickly dissipated in seconds to a warm, sweet amber that was unassuming and delightful! I loved it immediately.
The scent is soft and powdery on me. It dries down to a mix of amber, incense and musk, just what I adore. It's a wonderful oriental scent that I never would have expected from Revlon at a drugstore price.
Its drydown is a candy-like caramel, a delicious aroma similar to toasty marshmallows over a fire. This scent I can go to sleep with because it's cozy, warm and snuggly. So very pleasant to wrap yourself with under the blankets.
Fire & Ice stays close to the skin but impacts a scent warm and sensual enough to announce that the wearer is indeed a woman of substance. Not overbearing, just enough mystique to pique one's interest.
Lasts for hours and develops into a more delightful scent as time goes by.

Awesomeness
Much better than it needs to be
Fire & Ice is a gorgeous drugstore fragrance that is much better than it needs to be. It's a CREAMY & DREAMY ORIENTAL that is warm and cool at the same time. The florals are subdued & well-behaved. The spices are mild. I get a predominantly amber & vanilla dry down, with just a bit of musk. The amber is soft & lovely, and it's much better than the amber in many other fragrances, such as YD Amber Nude, which often are plastic-like to my nose. I use Fire & Ice as a bedtime fragrance, a comfort scent, and an everyday perfume.

Definitely try this pleasant & easy-to-wear fragrance when you can, since it's discontinued yet currently available at excellent prices. Fire & Ice gives many high-priced designer, niche & luxe fragrances a run for their money. It's signature scent worthy, and I recognized the scent immediately upon my first trial. I don't remember the woman. I do remember the scent.

I managed to score a parfum concentration, 7.5 ml, for about $15 shipped. Although projection is minimal, longevity is excellent. I also own a 15ml EdP, for about $20 shipped, and this concentration is likewise very good but also very difficult to find. There's an EdT and the Cologne Spray, neither of which I have sampled. I suspect the Cologne spray (EdC) is the most commonly owned & reviewed concentration. I also suspect that when VS Amber Romance is compared to Fire & Ice, the comparison is based on the EdC. Since I find VS Amber Romance to be cheap swill, I think the comparison is unfounded & unfair.

Overall, Fire & Ice a good value for the money, and I like the higher concentrations & smaller bottles that are available. Thank you to the lovely MsMaryO for the introduction!

Cozy Fruity Amber
I was pleasantly surprised by FIRE & ICE. I got it as a gift and I really did not expect much when I put it on. I thought it would be loud and over the top like many other floral compositions from the 1990s era. But instead I discovered very pleasant and easy to wear floral oriental with lovely bouquet and warm amber notes. I like how cozy, friendly and comforting this fragrance is.

I have this scent in Eau de Cologne concentration (I am not sure if there are other ones), so I find the opening is a bit too much loaded with alcohol. However, the scent improves quickly when it settles on my skin and the fruity sweetness of osmanthus and tangerine comes through. The floral notes have a silky and sweet quality of an oriental scent. There is also something fruity in the heart notes – I think I smell cherry-like note. But what I like the best is when this scent transforms into cozy and comforting amber in the dry down. It is very nice combination, simple, but perfect for a cool day. The lasting power is medium but considering that the concentration is Eau de Cologne, no complains on that.

For the price I think this scent delivers a great value. In moderate quantities FIRE & ICE will make a lovely daily scent for cool fall days.

Fire and Ice
On my nose i can pick up Amber the base is
Magnolia Flower and a wisp of incense
there are few notes missing on the list
i can also pick up Peach. in 30 minutes
or so it all dries down to Vanilla.
I whould Classify this as a Oriental
Vanilla then as a Floral the amber and
vanilla seems to dominate the other
floral notes in this perfume.

these are one of the early Fragrances i
had when i was a Child with Windsong
Sweet Honesty and Ex-cla-ma-tion!
this does bring back memories for me.

Nostalgia in a bottle
I really like this fragrance, it also holds some sentimental value for me. My mother used to own Fire & Ice and I remember sneaking into her ensuite just to spray this on before school.

I'd describe the scent as being a sweet yet spicy oriental. On the skin this fragrance is soft and rich with an added blend of vanilla, orange and spices. It's a bit like a really nice smelling incense stick.

The lasting power isn't all that great, so I purchased this perfume in a 10ml rollerball so I can chuck it in my bag and re-apply throughout the day.

Fire & Ice is surprisingly one of my favourites in my collection, which goes to show that expensive perfumes aren't always the best. There will always be a place in my heart for this scent as it takes me back to a time when life was only just beginning, reminding me of my childhood home in the country.

by Sorceress
by Chanelle
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Revlon / Charles Revson

Ciara (80 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (100 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (Perfume Concentrate) by Revlon / Charles Revson Jontue (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Chaz / Ciaz / Chaz Classic (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Red (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Orofluido by Revlon / Charles Revson She by Revlon / Charles Revson Unforgettable (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Intimate (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Braggi (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Xi'a Xi'ang (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie White by Revlon / Charles Revson Moon Drops (Concentrated Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie (Eau de Cologne Fraiche) by Revlon / Charles Revson Enjoli by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Silver by Revlon / Charles Revson Lasting by Revlon / Charles Revson