Jean Naté by Revlon / Charles Revson
Bottle Design Simon Jeruchim

Jean Naté is a perfume by Revlon / Charles Revson for women and men and was released in 1935. The scent is citrusy-green. It is still in production.

Submitted by Joe, last update on 05.06.2019.

2.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Jean Nate Bath & Body Perfume: Revisiting The Past Brings Surprises
I remember this as a summertime fragrance when I was a younger teen. One of my Aunts would gift me the splash every year for my birthday. Funny thing was that I never was particularly fond of citrusy scents back then. But the scent didn't really linger, it was just a cool, refreshing splash for a young girl and it was what I was given so I used it. This was the beginning of body splashes as we know them today. It was a very popular drugstore fragrance when I was a teen. I recently purchased one as a memory, but it's the vintage from Lanvin, Charles of The Ritz, not Revlon. It's a bath and body perfume of Jean Nate. So I decided to revisit this old classic and to my surprise, found it just as light, refreshing, citrusy and airy. The perfume is more on the oily side, but still light. It's not a feeling like the splash, but the scent is still reminiscent and brings back fond memories. Jean Nate bath and body perfume is a clean scent, a hint of spice, a tad of muskiness that's not overpowering at all. I noticed it does get stronger in the heat. It's a daytime scent that's good for all ages, especially in the warmer weather. I get lemon, mixed with bergamot, sandalwood and spices in the musky perfume blend that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Good for the gym, poolside, hiking, sunny days, anywhere or anytime in the hot summertime. A perfect clean scent. I'm glad to spend time with this old memory again.
5.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

4711 for North America
I know that many Europeans value 4711 cologne as a household remedy, especially for cooling off on hot summer days. Jean Nate' serves the same function here in the US. It's heavy on the lemon verbena, evaporates quickly, and makes you feel so refreshed. I grew up in the wretched humidity of lower New York state, where in August you sometimes go directly to sweating when you get out of the shower, without any dry phase in between. My folks considered air conditioners to be saved only for very, very hot nights at bedtime, so we relied on some old-fashioned remedies like Jean Nate' and 4711. Store it in the refrigerator and splash some on when you feel hot and cranky - perfect! And I've seen bottled waters that were more expensive than Jean Nate', so you can be generous with yourself, too! Also, I do NOT think it's discontinued. It continues to be widely available in the U.S. at drugstores and online at various discounters.

by PBullFriend
by PBullFriend
Vintage Jean Nate by Lanvin, Charles Of The Ritz.
by Sorceress
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Revlon / Charles Revson

Charlie Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Red (Eau de Toilette) by Revlon / Charles Revson Jontue (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (Perfume Concentrate) by Revlon / Charles Revson Fire & Ice (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie White by Revlon / Charles Revson Intimate by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (100 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Ciara (80 Strength Concentrated Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Charlie Silver by Revlon / Charles Revson Orofluido by Revlon / Charles Revson Xi'a Xi'ang (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Jean Naté by Revlon / Charles Revson Lasting by Revlon / Charles Revson Chaz / Ciaz / Chaz Classic (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Moon Drops (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Enjoli by Revlon / Charles Revson Fire & Ice for Men (Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson Braggi (Eau de Cologne) by Revlon / Charles Revson