Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud

Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud by Reyane Tradition

Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud is a popular perfume by Reyane Tradition for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-sweet. It is still in production.

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 06.12.2019.

7.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Fragrance92
Top price-performance ratio with quirks
Discovered the perfume on Amazon for 25€ and just bought it blind, because the ratings here were relatively good.

I didn't go into the matter with any great expectations, because inside, since you can't expect much at the price either...

Then came the amazing one: I was positively surprised by the scent. Is in my opinion rather for ladies, can carry however also self-confident gentlemen.

Durability is not sooo good, but here we are again at the price...
6.0 8.0 7.0 7.5/10

Some like it hard
Due to the enormously favorable price and the famous evaluations I could not resist a purchase. Initially enthusiastic about the sweet fragrance experience, which is not lacking in complexity, I was soon left sobered, as the comments of the bystanders were almost devastating: Only for older people suitable, headache provoking and "too heavy" is the smell, so the verdict.

At first I resisted the accusations and attributed them to ignorance and a lack of experience with fragrances, but finally I had to cope with cognitive dissonance. However, I could not close myself for long to the "tyranny of the majority" - which sometimes does have a certain wisdom - and after some time spent with this perfume, I was called to a raison d'être: For youngsters like me, still green behind the ears, this scent is not particularly suitable. This is by no means to deny that "Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud" is a complex perfume at an excellent price.

For people who have a certain preference for oriental sweet scents, this is highly recommended. However, the same are warned against the strong defensive reactions that friends and acquaintances often come up with. Because in fact this perfume, because of its rather intrusive heaviness, has a certain headache potential inherent in it. The fact that the fragrance evokes the association of "older people" does not, of course, have to be regarded as bad at all. However, potential wearers should be aware of this fact and decide whether this beautiful perfume is appropriate for their own person
10.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

PASSIVE ELEGANCE | FULL-BODIED RESTRAINT | THE PERFECT SCENT FOR THE OFFICE
Admittedly, through this wonderful forum I became aware of this relatively unknown scent - the positive impressions described throughout finally led me to buy a bottle for small money. Several things have completely convinced me by now.

On the one hand the packaging - this captivates by a stable and plainly elegant design with a folding mechanism unknown to me to date. The scent itself is characterized by a passive oud sweetness, which I do not dare to describe in detail. For an EdP I expected a much more intensive overall package - but in the end I was pleased that the fragrance was pleasant and quite lively - a kind of subtle and cautious elegance that you don't even know from mainstream labels (at least not me) - therefore a fragrant companion in everyday life. Only the durability doesn't convince me completely, but it doesn't have to.

Last but not least I can recommend the "Wild Oud" because of its low purchase price
3.0 6.0 10.0 5.0/10

1001 night at 23,76 Euro at Amazon
In any case, Wild Oud has a mystical magic inherent in it. In the first twenty minutes, the fragrance builds up continuously, gains speed and sweetness, occupies the room and inevitably forces itself on the surrounding area, captivates the ladies, plays with the gentlemen, spoils the diverses.

Unfortunately, it polarizes very strongly. So far I and my buddy Tim from Stuttgart are the only people in my environment who celebrate him. Everyone else is very annoyed by him, talking about headaches or even nausea near me. On a trip to St. Peter I was just given the choice to leave the Passat at the next resting place or to scrupulously wash Wild Out from my neck. I chose the latter as the weather seemed to suggest a North Sea walk.

The rest of the day I felt naked, coffee and cake did not reach me. You don't feel yourself anymore.

Arriving at home, I fled into a cloud of Wild Oud before the late autumn in northern Germany. I felt warm. A mystical magic is inherent in this fragrance...
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Is a Scent like a Song?
... was the 2006 headline of the New York Times [1]. The initially philosophical question, however, did not arise in an artistic context, but in a legal one. The French Supreme Court, the Cour de Cassation, ruled this summer that the creation of the fragrance "Dune" by Dior was primarily an artisanal and not an artistic achievement, since "the fragrance of a perfume resulting from the simple application of expertise does not constitute "the creation of a form of expression which may benefit from the protection of intellectual works" [2]. As a result, the creator and plaintiff could not demand any royalties after her departure from the company for the sale of the fragrance.

What does all this have to do with the scent?
The applicant in this case bears the name Nejla Bsiri-Barbir, who is also named as the perfumer of that fragrance [3]. This is not provable for the time being, the Reyane Tradition brand does not even have a website, and there is little to be found about Mrs. Bsiri-Barbir either.

Anyway, the scent is very unusual. He's cute, a little leathery, vanilla, I mean rosy. I can't really figure out the smell. He is very sweet and lasts forever, yet he is reserved and never kitschy or too heavy, not even at the beginning. Nevertheless, I would tend to recommend him to middle-aged gentlemen. I can imagine him in cold seasons (autumn and winter) in all situations at me.

If the creation of perfume was just simple "mixing", following strict rules, why isn't there another fragrance like this? Of course, a scent is a collection of molecules. That's a painting too, though. And of course you can learn the perfume trade. Just like painting. However, this scent is so unusual that it cannot have been created by simply "tipping substances together" based on experience. There's a creative process behind him. The will to create a sweet fragrance that can be worn at any time. It's a difficult grade hike. This fragrance is something completely new. You could say art.

I don't know whether the creation of this unusual fragrance at a price of 25€ is a planned criticism, a declaration of war towards big fragrance companies. However, with the price, the quality and the peculiarity of this fragrance I can well imagine it, in connection with the history of the supposed perfumer. Also the anonymity of the brand behind the perfume is unusual, a contrast to the all-encompassing marketing of designer fragrances, even most niche fragrances.

Ultimately, it does not matter whether the perfumer is actually Nejla Bsiri-Barbir and whether he is behind the Reyane Tradition brand, averting major corporations and their business demands. A declaration of war in their direction is the perfume anyway.

Is a Scent like a Song? Oui and Non, Elaine Sciolino, New York Times, July 13, 2016
[2] Cass. Civ. June 13, 2006, Propr. Intell. P. 442-443; reprinted in Claire Guillemin, Law & Odeur: Fragrance Protection in the Fields of Perfumery and Cosmetics, p. 167.
3] e.g. at Pillashop, easy to find when searching the internet for Reyane scents, left line of the website
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Exaltatus
deep out of the forest there I come & I tell you one thing - OUDlover like me very much
Sometimes you have to go a long way...
seven day marches through the jungle are not uncommon.
The jungle steams like a laundry room, the mosquitoes celebrate blood orgies, and finally a lonely tree of the species Aquilaria agallocha.
is found He likes to root on a rocky outcrop, especially when it's nice and shady there. He must now be cut down, sawed apart and dragged into civilization.

They wouldn't take them upon themselves if they were only, as botanists say, mezzotints from the angiosperms department.
Some species, on the other hand, are worth the effort of an expedition and the inconvenience of transport. If a certain parasite attacks them, they form a special resin in the core of the trunk. It expels the parasitic fungus called Phialophora parasitica, it darkens the inside of the stem to a black-brown colour - and it smells beguiling.

This fresh heartwood, the so-called eagle wood, is one of the most coveted raw materials in the world and at the same time one of the most expensive - OUD !!!

What am I glad to wear you on me - you warm and give so much positive to your environment.
You cling to my neck with your charisma and disgust my fellow men.
sweetish - spicy - oudig ..

Popular Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Pure by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Black Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Dark by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Venezia for Men by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Couture by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Arabian Roses by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Musk Sultan by Reyane Tradition Monsieur May H by Reyane Tradition Insurrection by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Porto Fino pour Homme by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Fusion by Reyane Tradition Fight Club White by Reyane Tradition My Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Lumineux by Reyane Tradition Gentle Elsatys by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Silk Oud by Reyane Tradition III for Women by Reyane Tradition III for Men by Reyane Tradition