Insurrection II Dark

Insurrection II Dark by Reyane Tradition
Insurrection II Dark is a popular perfume by Reyane Tradition for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by YZY.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Pink pepper, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesSaffron, Cinnamon, Paprika
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Tobacco, Leather

Submitted by Leimbacher, last update on 24.04.2021.

A Spicebomb Clone?
SOTD: Reyane Traditions-Insurrection Ii Dark as of 12/22/18

Another gem and is not a cheap fragrance, I scent the Pineapple first and some spicy notes, cinnamon . Very surprised on this scent. So far I have the Pure, Wild and Dark from Insurrection. But I prefer the Insurrection Ii Wild on the trilogy. I do scent a bit of the Spicebomb DNA but I don't have Spicebomb to compare it to.

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8/10
Performance/Longevity: 7/10: lasted on my skin between 6-8+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10

Carlitos01
An spicy fragrance but not a spice bomb
All the three initial Reyanne Tradition Insurrection II fragrances are a good choice as inexpensive perfume options. I still have not tried the new Insurrection II Pure Extreme
Despite what many people say, I do not consider this fragrance to be similar to Spicebomb. If you want a similar fragrance reference I may recall Bogart Citytower by Jacques Bogart. What I get from this fragrance are some cherry accords, a dried fuits accord, a pineapple vibe, sweet spices, some smoke and none of the Spicebomb strong gourmand spices or sweetness.
Insurrection II Wild is an Oriental Spicy fragrance for men, with a sweet powdery spicy scent and its own propper smell. I like it; just because it doesn't smell like Spicebomb doesn't mean it isn't good; although this is a cold weather fragrance, it presents some freshness in the early stages.
In my opinion Insurrection II Dark is a manly sweet spicy fragrance with its own individuality and a strong projection. It opens up with a faint pineapple top note but it's quickly enveloped by a deep and mysterious mixture of sweet spicy masculine notes along with what seems to be leather. This leatherish note adds the same kind of heaviness and smoke to the body of the fragrance, the way some leather accords do. The presence is smooth and mellow just like suede leather and some of the initial sweetness is lost. I like this evolution.
During the evolution we can feel an accord of what seems to be dried fruits mixed with sweet spices. I get diverse fruity notes like red fruits and cherries, but all orchestrated in a deep and dark blending. The spices are sweet and of the gingerbread type. I do imagine it to have some cinnamon, red pepper and cardamom.

My rates for Insurrection II Wild:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Scent opening:............7.5
- Scent drydown:...........8.0
- Longevity:....................8.0 ( 8 hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:..........................8.0 (8 feet, projects for 2 hours)
- Versatility:....................8.0 (as a not very intrusive spicy fragrance you may use it on a daily basis, in the office, in a night out... Avoid gym and seaside)
- Wearability:..................8.0 (avoid very hot days; very good for almost any situation in mild to cold weather)
- Compliments...............7.5 (not a serious compliment grabber but it grabs some attention!)
- Uniqueness:.................8.0 (I detect some vibes common to various other Oriental spicy fragrances, but without strong similarity)
- Quality:.........................8.0 (kind of smells like an expensive and classy fragrance)
- Presentation:...............8.0 (nice bottle, very classy box)
- Price:.............................9.0 (€20,00 for 100 ml + shipping)
Average: 8.00/10.00
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
A nice honest spicy fragrance; I do recomend it for the price, but bear in mind that it's not a mind blower or a compliments magnet.

Music: Alice Cooper - "No More Mr. Nice Guy"

Elysium
I don't believe the hype...
Reyane Tradition Insurrection II trilogy just arrived at my home yesterday, namely Pure, Wild, and Dark. I even ordered some of the Acqua di Parisis such as Musk Sultan, Oud Wild, and Oud Dark, but today I've chosen the Insurrection II Dark, and here you are my first impression.
To begin with, assuming that each scent reacts differently to different skin types and that it might change from batch to batch, I don't know what other reviewers were on when they smelled this. Let me honestly tell you guys, and this isn't anything like Vicktor&Rolf Spicebomb. I am the one who goes crazy for Spicebomb and any of its flankers, though I do not find a thing here that reminds me of any of them.
It has a unique smell. And I love this one. I mean, just because it doesn't smell like Spicebomb doesn't say it isn't right, this is a fantastic cold weather fragrance, absolutely stunning.
Instead, what I get from this is that it's uncannily similar to Insurrection Pure II (the Aventus clone) without the citrus and with some cherry accords that are pretty bland. No spices, none of the cinnamon, or citrus sweetness from Spicebomb, but plenty of pineapples.

That being said, I seem Insurrection II Dark to be a masculine sweet, spicy fragrance with its unique sense of style that's incomparable to Spicebomb. The two are genuinely nothing alike, and Insurrection II Dark projects very strongly as its fragrance. It opens up with a slight pineapple top note like Insurrection II Pure, and for a moment, I thought something went wrong with it, perhaps a mistake in pouring the scent in the wrong bottle... but after a little while, the two Insurrection II take different ways. Yet, Dark is quickly enveloped by this deep and mysterious mixture of sweet and spicy masculine notes. The soft and tasty presence is massively tamed by the presence of what seems to be cured leather. This note is hard to distinguish as leather, but it adds the same kind of heaviness to the body of the fragrance as some leather accords do. The presence is somewhat mellow and smooth, a modern suede leather, and possesses this distinct tinge to it, which further suggests some polished refinement. If it is a leather accord, it's a leather that's undergone some special treatment or process. Of course, I love it.
On top of this base presence, is a very complex of an accord of what seems to be dried fruits and bakery spices. I get diverse fruit-like presence, red fruits like cherries, but the tone is deep and dark, and pebbly. The bakery spices are genuinely sweet, and there is some dynamic stimulation to them. If I had to guess the accord, I would say a tad of cinnamon, mace, pepper—and maybe coriander and cardamom, just a little bit of each.

For anyone who would like to experience something new, Insurrection II Dark is something you want to check out. It's unlike anything I've experienced before and has its very own sense of style and class. I insist, to my nose, there is much in common with Aventus than Spicebomb.

We are in late autumn now, cold and wet weather, and Insurrection II Dark has the right warmness and spiciness for facing both daily autumn and winter morning and early afternoon.

Last but not least, I do not understand how Reyane Tradition can sell these beauties in marvelous boxes that open like mysterious books. The bottles are so damn amazing, and the sprayers are lovely... and the juices inside are so amusing, loud, and longlasting for just less than three sawbucks!

-Elysium

VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 3 months ago
Opens fresh bright and uplifting then after 15 min goes in a far spicebomb dry down very soft though makes a nice early autum sent imo
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Sweet and cozy pineapple and messy spices. Just "not bad" or so. Only the drydown what's coarse animalic note is good.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Just because it doesn't smell exactly like Spicebomb, doesn't mean it isn't a good perfume; It may be a nice mild to cold weather fragrance.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
It's unlike anything I've experienced before, definitely, it has its own sense of style and class. It is closer to Aventus than Spicebomb.
HitchslapHitchslap 4 years ago
This is an oddity, I do not see the Spice Bomb comparison, definitely a sample/ decant/vial trial before full bottle purchase. Fruity to me

by Helge
by Helge

Popular Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Pure by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Black Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Fusion by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Venezia for Men by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Couture by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Arabian Roses by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Porto Fino pour Homme by Reyane Tradition Fight Club White by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Musk Sultan by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Lumineux by Reyane Tradition Insurrection by Reyane Tradition Gentle Elsatys by Reyane Tradition My Oud by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Pure Extreme by Reyane Tradition Monsieur May H by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Silk Oud by Reyane Tradition Rêve à la Belle Étoile by Reyane Tradition Beautiful Garden by Reyane Tradition