Insurrection II Dark

Insurrection II Dark by Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Dark is a popular perfume by Reyane Tradition for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by YZY.

Submitted by Leimbacher, last update on 18.06.2019.

A Spicebomb Clone?
SOTD: Reyane Traditions-Insurrection Ii Dark as of 12/22/18

Another gem and is not a cheap fragrance, I scent the Pineapple first and some spicy notes, cinnamon . Very surprised on this scent. So far I have the Pure, Wild and Dark from Insurrection. But I prefer the Insurrection Ii Wild on the trilogy. I do scent a bit of the Spicebomb DNA but I don't have Spicebomb to compare it to.

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8/10
Performance/Longevity: 7/10: lasted on my skin between 6-8+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Carlitos01
An effective spice dark weapon but not a spice bomb
All the three Reyanne Tradition Insurrection II fragrances are very good colognes.
Despite what many people say, I do not consider this fragrance to be similar to Spicebomb. What I get from this fragrance are some cherry accords, sweet spices, none of the Spicebomb strong gourmand cinnamon or sweetness, and plenty of pineapple instead.
Insurrection II Wild is an Oriental Spicy fragrance for men, with a sweet powdery spicy scent and has its own unique smell.
I really love it; just because it doesn't smell like Spicebomb doesn't mean it isn't very good; this is a successful cold weather fragrance.
Top listed notes are cassis, bergamot, apple and pineapple; middle notes are birch, jasmine and patchouli; base notes are oakmoss, musk, amber and vanilla.

In my opinion Insurrection II Dark is a manly sweet spicy fragrance with its own individuality and a very strong projection. It opens up with a slight p.ineapple top note, yet is quickly enveloped by a deep and mysterious mixture of sweet spicy masculine notes along with what seems to be leather. This leatherish note adds the same kind of heaviness to the body of the fragrance, the way some leather accords do. The presence is smooth and mellow just like suede leather. I love this evolution.
We can feel an accord of what seems to be dried fruits mixed with sweet spices. I get diverse fruity notes like red fruits and cherries, but all orchestrated in a deep and dark blending. The spices are very sweet - gingerbread type. I do imagine it to have cinnamon, coriander, mace, red pepper and cardamom, even if those notes are not listed.

My rates for Insurrection II Wild:
- Scent:...........................8.5 (my judgement, as an Oriental Spicy fragrance)
- Longevity:....................8.5 ( 10 hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:..........................8.5 (10~12 feet, projects for 3~4 hours)
- Versatility:....................8.0 (avoid hot days; very good for almost any situation in cold weather)
- Compliments...............9.0 (very serious compliment grabber; It's a head turner!)
- Uniqueness:.................9.0 (not a 10 because I detect some vibes common to other Oriental spicy fragrances, but without strong similarity)
- Quality:.........................8.5 (smells expensive and classy; excelent sprayer)
- Presentation:...............8.5 (very nice bottle, very classy box)
- Price:.............................8.5 (€20,00 for 100 ml + shipping)

Average: 8.56/10.00
Excelent fragrance; I do recomend it;
9.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Elysium
I don't believe the hype...
Reyane Tradition Insurrection II trilogy just arrived at my home yesterday, namely Pure, Wild, and Dark. I even ordered some of the Acqua di Parisis such as Musk Sultan, Oud Wild, and Oud Dark, but today I've chosen the Insurrection II Dark, and here you are my first impression.
To begin with, assuming that each scent reacts differently to different skin's types and that it might change from batch to batch, I don't know what other reviewers were on when they smelled this. Let me honestly tell you guys, this ain't anything like Vicktor&Rolf Spicebomb. I am the one who goes crazy for Spicebomb and any of its flankers, though I do not find a thing here that reminds me any of them.
This has its own unique smell. and I love this one... I mean, just because it doesn't smell like Spicebomb doesn't mean it isn't good, this is a fantastic cold weather fragrance, absolutely stunning.
Rather, what I get from this is that it's uncannily similar to Insurrection Pure II (the Aventus clone) without the citrus and with some cherry accords that are pretty bland. No spices, none of the cinnamon, or citrus sweetness from Spicebomb, but plenty of pineapples.

That being said, I seem Insurrection II Dark to be a masculine sweet spicy fragrance with its own unique sense of style that's incomparable to Spicebomb. The two are truly nothing alike, and Insurrection II Dark projects very strongly as its own fragrance. It opens up with a slight pineapple top note like Insurrection II Pure, and for a moment I thought something went wrong with it, perhaps a mistake in pouring the scent in the wrong bottle... but after a little while the two Insurrection II take different ways, yet Dark is quickly enveloped by this deep and mysterious mixture of sweet and spicy masculine notes. The sweet and spicy presence is heavily tamed by the presence of what seems to be cured leather. This note is actually hard to distinguish as leather, but it adds the same kind of heaviness to the body of the fragrance as some leather accords do. The presence is somewhat mellow and smooth, a modern suede leather, and possesses this distinct tinge to it, that further suggests some type of polished refinement. If it is a leather accord, it's definitely a leather that's undergone some kind of special treatment or process. Of course, I love it.
On the top of this base presence, is a very complex of accord of what seems to be dried fruits and bakery spices. I get diverse fruit-like presence, red fruits like cherries, but the tone is deep and dark, and pebbly. The bakery spices are genuinely sweet, and there is some dynamic stimulation to them. If I had to guess the accord, I would say a tad of cinnamon, mace, pepper—and maybe coriander and cardamom, just a little bit of each.

For anyone who would like to experience something totally new, Insurrection II Dark is definitely something you want to check out. It's unlike anything I've experienced before, and definitely has its very own sense of style and class. I insist, to my nose, there is much in common with Aventus than Spicebomb.

We are in late autumn now, cold and wet weather, and Insurrection II Dark has the right warmness and spiciness for facing both daily autumn and winter morning and early afternoon.

Last but not least, I really do not understand how Reyane Tradition can sell these beauties in marvellous boxes that open like mysterious books, the bottles are so damn amazing and the sprayers are wonderful... and the juices inside are so amusing, strong and longlasting for just less than 3 sawbuck!

Carlitos01 15 months ago
Just because it doesn't smell exactly like Spicebomb, doesn't mean it isn't a very good perfume; It's a successful cold weather fragrance.+4
Elysium 2 years ago
It's unlike anything I've experienced before, definitely, it has its own sense of style and class. It is closer to Aventus than Spicebomb.+2
9.0
5.0
5.0
9.0
Hitchslap 3 years ago
This is an oddity, I do not see the Spice Bomb comparison, definitely a sample/ decant/vial trial before full bottle purchase. Fruity to me+1

by Helge
by Helge

Popular Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Pure by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Black Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Dark by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Venezia for Men by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Couture by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Arabian Roses by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Musk Sultan by Reyane Tradition Monsieur May H by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Fusion by Reyane Tradition Insurrection by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Porto Fino pour Homme by Reyane Tradition Fight Club White by Reyane Tradition My Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Lumineux by Reyane Tradition Gentle Elsatys by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Silk Oud by Reyane Tradition III for Women by Reyane Tradition III for Men by Reyane Tradition