Insurrection II Wild (2013)

Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Wild is a popular perfume by Reyane Tradition for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by YZY.

Orange, Grapefruit, Cinnamon, Mint, Rose, Spices, Leather, White wood, Patchouli, Amber

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 24.08.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Tom27
Today a honey mixture enriched with morel and mint
Due to the numerous comments about the similarity of Insurrection II Wild to the well known A * Men Pure Havane by Muggler, I wanted to get a picture myself. Oriental Gourmand fragrances were still missing in my collection.

Despite the summer heat, I dared the test. Shortly after spraying on, a scent of a mixture of morello cherry syrup and mint honey spread. Very intense, but also somehow delicious. The cherry note was in my opinion over the whole
Life of the fragrance at different intensities.

After a while a green, sharp tobacco note appeared, but not as offensive as a cigarette on the street, rather soft, with the pride and elegance typical of the finest Cuban cigars.

The heart note continued with a sour leather chord mixed with vanilla spices, almost as if one had filled a large amount of patchouli leaves and vanilla sticks into a leather backpack.
Although not listed in the fragrance pyramid, I also discovered a hint of vanilla that provided a particularly creamy and powdery smoothness.
The scent experience was accompanied by the woody essence of birch, which supported the other scent components excellently.

At try-down, the fragrance took on a warm, bittersweet, vanilla-like, slightly resinous amber aroma with a sharp ash chord. Ashes in the most positive sense. No wet, damp, dirty ash, but dry and powdery cigar ash, like the one from the already mentioned Cuban cigar.

Although Insurrection II Wild is sweet with notes of honey, rose, vanilla and amber, I think it is very masculine. It differs from other tobacco vanilla fragrances on the market, which are also sweet, but often more feminine and "round".
I attributed this effect to the herbal and green tobacco note along with the earthy and bitter patchouli note.

When it comes to durability, I can't complain about up to 9 hours. The Sillage is average to good and is clearly perceptible in arm length. That's why Insurrection II Wild is a universal fragrance for all occasions.

I think the best scent effect is achieved in cold weather from late autumn to early spring.

Insurrection II Wild is a recommendation for those who like sweet tobacco scents without smelling too feminine.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

A strong performance!
Several perfumes of the brand Reyane Tratition are not so much in focus, are forgotten or are considered uncool. I think it's wrong! Excelent scents and excellent hardware determine the terrain.
For me one of the most prominent representatives is Insurrection II Wild. By far no mainstream yet but no insider tip for a long time. Aroma lovers who love the special, but still do not want to be pushed into a niche, or strongly prefer a scent, are absolutely right here. I have a lot of something without seeming arbitrary. Fruity, sweet and spicy the hearts are taken for themselves and with even more spice and tobacco chords the hearts are conquered to finally, seduced with spicy honey, lie at my feet!
(Note on the tobacco chords: Amber plays a role and often they are formed by the interaction of smoky patchouulis and leather notes - I always think of a suede, filled tobacco pouch.)
For me an excellent everyday fragrance that leaves a positive impression both with a T-shirt or shirt and under a tie or bow tie. And if you don't act too sparingly and cautiously and courageously operate the spray head, it will certainly be a strong performance.

Ernie824
Insurrection II Wild is it Pure Havane in Disguise?
SOTD: 12/18/18

To my nose is similar to Pure Havane in which I have to compare it to. But the scent becomes so different on the dry down it's different and unique. It does have Pure Havane DNA, but I still prefer Pure Havane over Insurrection II Wild. The presentation is great and the value is even greater, Wild II surprised me and the longevity lasted on my skin between 12-15+ hrs. Is a gem and a must get.

Rating

Scent: 8.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Value: 9/10: Can't go wrong on the price with this fragrance
Longevity/Performance: 9/10,lasted on my skin between 12-15+ hrs
Overall: 8.5/10

My SOTD (Scent of the Day): Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Wild: As of 02/19/19

Revisiting this fragrance again as my SOTD as of 02/19/19, this fragrance is keeping surprising me and I have both Pure Havane and Insurrection II Wild, and Insurrection II Wild is more louder, sweeter, and more bolder than Pure Havane. But I still prefer Pure Havane, but Insurrection II Wild it's a worthy clone and competitor to Pure Havane is almost close to 80-85% similar. Who knows Insurrection II Wild might replace the Pure Havane in my winter rotation line up. Longevity/Performance is still a beast 6-8 sprays lasting on my skin as a skin scent around 13+ hrs. Overall hasn't change still giving it an 8.5 out of 10. Don't sleep on the House of Reyane Tradition to me Insurrection II Wild is still a gem of a fragrance and a bargain.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
The sweet moist tobacco scent outsider
Reyanne Tradition did excell with this fragrance.
Parisis Parfums (owners of the Reyane Tradition brand) are a bit confusing company, half way between a niche house and a designer. They did pull out a superior line with the Insurrection II fragrances for men. All three of them are well above average quality colognes. Some other very good colonies of them ended up falling into oblivion.
Insurrection II Wild is a quality look alike of Thierry Mugler Pure Havane. I bought it due to the dificulty (both price and availability) on buying the Mugler cologne (even if I still have a full bottle). I confess that I did not expect to encounter such an high quality in this cologne; Just because of the impression that Wild Insurrection II caused me, I already bought the Dark and Pure editions.
Insurrection II Wild is less unisex than Pure Havane - I do find it a bit spicier and less sweet. It's definitely a masculine fragrance.
It presents sweet and creamy accords (honey? vanilla,? cinnamon? dark chocolate?), as well balsamic and ambery accords (mint? amber?, stirax?, patchouli?) and a couple of manly notes (glorious leather and moist tobbaco). I just used question marks for the notes I suggest, as different sources suggest different notes for this fragrance (my nose included).
This aroma proposes a good cognag after a fancy dinner with close friends. It kind of creates a confortable friendly mood and pleases both genders. It presents an outstanding value for money. I'll explain this with my ratings:

My rates for Insurrection II Wild:
- Scent opening:............8.5 (my judgement, as an Oriental Aromatic fragrance)
- Scent drydown:..........8.0 (quite a linear fragrance - not bad, just a finding)
- Longevity:....................8.5 ( 8+ hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:.........................8.0 (sillage peak at 5~6 feet, projection 2+ hours)
- Versatility:...................8.5 (avoid hot days; very good for almost any weather type, day or night)
- Wearability:.................8.5 (different people may have different opinions; I already heard people claiming that Wild is sexy as hell; I don't disagree with its alluring qualities but the strong sweet tobacco scent does suggest me a noisy friends gathering. No doubts that it is almost an "all around fragrance")
- Compliments...............9.0 (very serious compliment grabber from both genders; It's a head turner!)
- Uniqueness:................8.0 (not a 10 because it's very similar to Pure Havane, although it has better performance and costs 4 times less)
- Quality:........................8.0 (does not smell cheap; excelent sprayer; all the compliments and comments I received must mean something)
- Presentation:..............8.0 (very nice bottle, very classy box)
- Price:............................9.0 (€20,00 for 100 ml + shipping)

Average: 8.35/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Very good fragrance; I use it a lot and I do recommend it;

Congratulations to Parfumo coleague Elysium, for his very good review in Insurrection II wild.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Fabbri's Morello and Mint-infused honey blends
First off, I won't say a thing about A*Men Pure Havane similarities given that despite it is on my wishlist, I miserably never had a chance to test it yet. Having said that, Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition cologne, according to what I feel and smell, fits well under Oriental-Gourmand group.

It opens on my skin with a mixture of Morello cherries syrup and mint-infused honey. The Morello is a variety of sour cherries that is so dark-skinned, it is almost a mahogany red, with dark red flesh and dark juice inside. Sometimes Morello cherries are so dark red that they are almost black in color. I know Morello cherries very well since in Italy we have Amarena Fabbri company, whose syrup is the heart of a company that has a great story to tell. This syrup is made from fruits pitted and then candied in the syrup and is ideal for decorations or fillings with any dessert. The tart of these fruits is present in almost all the lifetime of this scent. That's the opening.

After a while, a green sharp tobacco note emerges, but not offensively like a cigarette on the street, rather gently, with pride and elegance typical of the finest Cuban cigars. I almost get a caramel scent as well, and over time this beautiful cologne dries down to a deep tobacco, spicy, and woody combination that is exquisite. It’s truly lovely, highly unusual, perfect for a business day as well as a night out.

The heart goes on with a sour leathery accord blended with vanilla spice, like if you were wearing a leather jacket with pockets filled with patchouli leaves and vanilla sticks. Yeah, you are right, it isn’t listed in the notes, rather I also detect a hint of vanilla which provides an extra creamy and powdery smoothness. Oh, what a damn good sensation! It’s so full-bodied, gourmand and woody essence of birch is wonderfully unique and bold.

I seem that, once this scent takes off, it remains in this state of bittersweet warmth forever. If you're anything like me, you just can’t help but to continually sniff your wrist while wearing this. The dry-down is this bittersweet, raw vanilla, resinous amber, with a sharp ash accord. Not a wet, damp, dirty ash, but dry and powdery cigar ashes, a Cuban cigar! It sounds nasty but I think it smells so good.

Despite being sweet with notes of honey, rose, vanilla, and amber, RTIW is certainly masculine. This is how it differs from other tobacco vanilla scents on the market which are sweet and oftentimes more feminine and “round”. The herbal and green tobacco note together with the earthy and bitterness of patchouli make it more masculine. Whoa, this is the top, it fades and most of the wear is a vanilla-patchouli tobacco. Just get it if you like tobacco fragrances. Instead, if this doesn’t sound like your kind of thing, look elsewhere. However, if you like rich and masculine scents, then RTIW is a masterpiece of a fragrance.

Thankfully RTIW is an EDP, which has wonderful sillage and longevity. Sillage is just right, it isn’t overwhelming but it is on the strong side of things. It doesn’t require that many sprays to be effective, which is a relief with so many weak colognes out there. It also has really good longevity, this is an all-day kind of scent for both the workweek and weekend. However, be aware that it is much more of a skin scent after 5-6 hours but with a reasonable application it should still be noticeable. Suitable for both day and evening wear, Insurrection II Wild is a great choice for a signature scent, best if worn during cold weather from late Autumn thru all early Spring.

My last words, It is so good and something that I’d wear frequently. As I said, I can’t stop sniffing my wrist when wearing it!
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Performance enhanced sweetness.
It's kind of sad how IPII got all the press, since IWII is probably the better of the two. But if you've smelled Pure Havane, the opening is nearly identical. Personally, I don't get much patchouli in the beginning, since the major players are a cinnamon-cherry-like tobacco(ish) accord with a very thin amber resin. Very quickly, a honey accord tends to dominate the frag into the mid and drydown; although if sprayed on clothing, this will easily last for a week and you may even be able to pick up on the A*Men base - a caramel-chocolate-vanilla sweetness. The blend is absolutely fantastic for the price and so is the performance; although, I would steer clear of this in the high heat because it's just that strong and probably too sweet for some.

But personally, I can't praise this scent enough. For me, in the cool weather, it's just MAGICAL. I've smelled more than a hundred decent bargain fragrances by now and can tell you that this is easily in the top 3. If someone were to ask me to recommend them an excellent sweet fragrance to start their collection or as a gift, this would be it. It's incredibly inexpensive, it smells effing fantastic, it performs like a beast and even comes in a great box. AND it was on the scene years before the first Armaf. Yeah.

There are SO many clones of Aventus by now, but how many clones of the best (or second best) Mugler frag? Ok, so it's not Naxos, but for 1/10 of the price???? Coooooome on....And not to mention that the newest Pure Havanes have dismal performance! Sad. But that's why I have IWII. Now if only Reyane could make a clone of Pure Malt...

Catarina 103 days ago
Pure Havane on a budget. Great value for money. A cinnamon and Patchouli bomb if are in the mood for it. Many chicks are!+3
9.0
Carlitos01 18 months ago
It presents notes of good cognag, tobacco, honey and vanilla . After a close friendsfancy dinner, It creates a confortable friendly mood.+3
9.0
Elysium 21 months ago
It is similar to Pure Havane, but not really a clone. It's a bit more masculine with a stronger tobacco note and a fainter vanilla & cherry+3

by Shuqush