Insurrection II Wild (2013)

Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition

Top 97 in Men's Perfume
Insurrection II Wild is a popular perfume by Reyane Tradition for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by YZY.

Top Notes Top NotesTobacco, Honey
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Vanilla, Cocoa
Base Notes Base NotesFrench labdanum, Amber, Styrax

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 02.08.2020.

Rquill67
Will wear more than Mugler's Havane?
For two years I wondered if I should purchase Reyane Insurrection II Wild. I purchased Mugler's Havane and Malt in Winter December 2019 and loved them both. I would definitely agree with other reviewers on Fragrantica that you can compare Insurrection II Wild to Havane or Malt, but for a quarter of the price. I was absolutely blown away by the opening and the dry-down on this fragrance. It's linear, but so great, and lands on cherry and tobacco with a slight booziness. This one is not a skin scent, definitely projects. I would wear fall and winter, and give this a 10 / 10. Dare I say I would wear this more than Mugler's Havane?
DrGourmand
Scent twins - sense or nonsense? Insurrection II Wild or A*Men Pure Havane?
There are plenty of listed dupes for Insurrection II Wild (2013) by Reyane Tradition and also for A*Men Pure Havane (2011) by Mugler, but only these two list each other. Not an insignificant reason for a twin consideration and if then, like here, identical scents are present, it fits quite well.

Insurrection II Wild starts off opulently sweet with thick honey notes, aromatic and creamy, spreading to the soul longing for sweet rewards. It may be a double of the finest Eckes Edelkirsch in the bottle, but after its deliciously fleeting cherry bow, the stage once again belongs to honey. This, almost creamy, is a rather dark colour, full of delicious aromas and with a subtle spiciness. The same sweet aroma is very dense and quickly tart, which does credit to the more green than smoky tobacco note. The masculine, tobacco-like astringency always remains the basic tone of this otherwise aromatic-sweet gourmand. The further action is a long, pleasant straight drive with closed windows, whereby now and then a hint of chocolate fields and vanilla woods penetrates to the passengers via the ventilation, but more than a whiff of it is not allowed. The perception of the sweetish heaviness of the fragrance becomes even darker and warmer towards the long end, and is given a balsamic touch of smoky vanilla, which is inherent in Styrax resin. The fragrant finale lasts for 7 to 9 hours.

With Insurrection II Wild, a word about "hardware" is also worthwhile. Not only that you can get the perfume almost for free, the sturdy and appealing book box with inlay and drawstring contains a thick-walled, heavy glass flacon with a very good spray head. I find this exemplary from Reyane Tradition. Personally I don't like the bottle of A*Men Pure Havane at all, I also don't like exposed sprayers, but this here only in passing and not judging.

A commentary from 2017 certifies Pure Havane "Allegedly the Insurrection Wild II from Reyane Tradition is a fragrance twin. No way, the Mugler DNA is missing from the scent." I say, as always, that's a matter of opinion, although the question may be, what is this, Muggle DNA? I, for one, consider both perfumes to be very, very similar, especially with regard to the often-mentioned cherry note, which can be smelled here, there or even there and more or less or not at all with both fragrances.

With Insurrection II Wild, the overall package is just right for me, all components are on a par with each other and not below the belt. My only criticism would be the awkward, confusing name. The Rebellion, the Second, the Wild?
Apart from that, I have a very clear recommendation for this perfume, addressed to all those readers who would like to treat themselves and their tortured soul to a real treat!
Thank you very much your sweethearts!
Black Forest gateau meets Che Guevara
This delicious particle was on my list for quite a while and I thought I would make a blind purchase, I didn't know what to expect as I don't know Pure H*vanne either.

With full anticipation I unpacked the package and was again excited about this noble packaging with a small golden ribbon on it, so that you can pull out the perfume. Since I already have 2 Pure from the same house, I knew just how noble the perfume comes along

I couldn't even wait until I got home with the package, but tore it up on the way. A spray on the back of my hand and I thought I was drinking cherry syrup. The top note is like a steam hammer, the cherry is really sweet, but also sour with a dash of tart freshness. A short time later the scent changes and I take the smell of tobacco mixed with vanilla. But no tobacco from a cigarette, no, it smells like a noble Cuban cigar, Che Guevara sends his regards. But I also take the honey which has something herbaceous, towards forest flower honey. The cherry smell remains and changes more and more into something creamy, Black Forest cherry cake from C*ppenrath & Wiese. At some point the leather also comes out, but this always remains discreetly in the background and doesn't become too penetrating.

This perfume makes me feel like I'm in Cuba in some bar and there I'm eating my cherry pie among all the cigar smokers. I never thought that the scent could arouse such emotions
I now have 25 fragrances and this one lands right behind my number 1, the Valentino Uomo.

For me this is not a fragrance you wear on the side, no this is a fragrance for cooler summer evenings by the campfire, a walk by the lake at sunset or a fine dinner with your partner.

I think this is a very nice perfume for going out
I have a small shortcoming, although he lacks a little depth in the cherry. It could be a little bit fuller or remain fuller like at the beginning.

All in all a blind purchase value if you like tobacco, honey and cherry
The Uprising
Insurrection wild was once again one of my blind purchases for small money.
Fixed by the quite positive ratings and unisex suitability of the fragrance landed this quite quickly in the shopping cart and thus in my collection.
It is an exciting moment every time blind purchases arrive, so I opened the quite large package with excitement.
I was quite astonished by the high-quality looking packaging in the form of a brown, solid cardboard box, labelled with golden writing.
Looks kind of like the demonic perfume Bible...
On a flap you pull out the glass bottle, which lies there like a small sanctuary and if you suffer a little lack of sleep, like I do at the moment, you hear demonic hissing and see bright cones of light.
I have to say that even if the workmanship is not the best, I am still really impressed by the attention to detail and the great presentation.
Now then, the scent.
In the first impression I take a landing honey was which one tries to get rid of with a sharp men's shower gel.
I am annoyed for a second by the piercing shower gel and am rewarded with a candied cherry covered in dark chocolate. The shower gel stays discreetly in the background, but is nevertheless a permanent guest in the cherry choir!
Yeah. After all, it is also declared as a men's scent :)
The fragrance becomes softer and softer in the drydown, with ambergris and delicate suede. The honey also finds its way back and the cherry celebrates its successful rebellion, just like Che, with a Cuban and a peppermint candy...
From now on, the fragrance remains linear for my perception and that suits it well. The Sillage is present but not obtrusive and the scent lasts for 12 hours on my clothes. So all in all, I am totally thrilled with the quality and overall look of the fragrance for the ridiculous price. The world needs more uprisings!!! :D

Really good cologne!!!!
I blind bought this cologne
It is the only one i own from the insurrection II line
It smells great!!!
Sweet, boozy, chocolatey..... it's just really nice and pretty linear opening to dry down
Last 7-10+ hours on my skin and you can get more if you over spray
Projects pretty well for the first 2-3 hours
The bottle is amazing btw!!
I recommend this!
Got mine from fragrancenet net for $20
Tom27
Today a honey mixture enriched with morel and mint
Due to the numerous comments about the similarity of Insurrection II Wild to the well known A * Men Pure Havane by Muggler, I wanted to get a picture myself. Oriental Gourmand fragrances were still missing in my collection.

Despite the summer heat, I dared the test. Shortly after spraying on, a scent of a mixture of morello cherry syrup and mint honey spread. Very intense, but also somehow delicious. The cherry note was in my opinion over the whole
Life of the fragrance at different intensities.

After a while a green, sharp tobacco note appeared, but not as offensive as a cigarette on the street, rather soft, with the pride and elegance typical of the finest Cuban cigars.

The heart note continued with a sour leather chord mixed with vanilla spices, almost as if one had filled a large amount of patchouli leaves and vanilla sticks into a leather backpack.
Although not listed in the fragrance pyramid, I also discovered a hint of vanilla that provided a particularly creamy and powdery smoothness.
The scent experience was accompanied by the woody essence of birch, which supported the other scent components excellently.

At try-down, the fragrance took on a warm, bittersweet, vanilla-like, slightly resinous amber aroma with a sharp ash chord. Ashes in the most positive sense. No wet, damp, dirty ash, but dry and powdery cigar ash, like the one from the already mentioned Cuban cigar.

Although Insurrection II Wild is sweet with notes of honey, rose, vanilla and amber, I think it is very masculine. It differs from other tobacco vanilla fragrances on the market, which are also sweet, but often more feminine and "round".
I attributed this effect to the herbal and green tobacco note along with the earthy and bitter patchouli note.

When it comes to durability, I can't complain about up to 9 hours. The Sillage is average to good and is clearly perceptible in arm length. That's why Insurrection II Wild is a universal fragrance for all occasions.

I think the best scent effect is achieved in cold weather from late autumn to early spring.

Insurrection II Wild is a recommendation for those who like sweet tobacco scents without smelling too feminine.

Ernie824
Insurrection II Wild is it Pure Havane in Disguise?
SOTD: 12/18/18

To my nose is similar to Pure Havane in which I have to compare it to. But the scent becomes so different on the dry down it's different and unique. It does have Pure Havane DNA, but I still prefer Pure Havane over Insurrection II Wild. The presentation is great and the value is even greater, Wild II surprised me and the longevity lasted on my skin between 12-15+ hrs. Is a gem and a must get.

Rating

Scent: 8.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Value: 9/10: Can't go wrong on the price with this fragrance
Longevity/Performance: 9/10,lasted on my skin between 12-15+ hrs
Overall: 8.5/10

My SOTD (Scent of the Day): Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Wild: As of 02/19/19

Revisiting this fragrance again as my SOTD as of 02/19/19, this fragrance is keeping surprising me and I have both Pure Havane and Insurrection II Wild, and Insurrection II Wild is more louder, sweeter, and more bolder than Pure Havane. But I still prefer Pure Havane, but Insurrection II Wild it's a worthy clone and competitor to Pure Havane is almost close to 80-85% similar. Who knows Insurrection II Wild might replace the Pure Havane in my winter rotation line up. Longevity/Performance is still a beast 6-8 sprays lasting on my skin as a skin scent around 13+ hrs. Overall hasn't change still giving it an 8.5 out of 10. Don't sleep on the House of Reyane Tradition to me Insurrection II Wild is still a gem of a fragrance and a bargain.

Carlitos01
The sweet moist tobacco scent market outsider
Reyanne Tradition did excell with this fragrance.
YZY (owners of the Reyane Tradition brand) are a bit confusing company, half way between a niche house and an inexpensive designer. They did pull out a superior designer line with the Insurrection II perfumes for men and some of the "niche" Acqua di Parisis fragrances. All the three Insurrection II offers are above average quality colognes. Some other very good YZY fragrances ended up falling into oblivion.
Insurrection II Wild is a quality look alike of Thierry Mugler Pure Havane. I bought it due to the dificulty (both price and availability) on buying the Mugler cologne backup (I still have a full bottle). I confess that I did not expect to encounter such quality overall feeling in this cologne; Just because of the impression that Wild Insurrection II caused me, I ended up buying the Dark and Pure editions.
Insurrection II Wild is less unisex than Pure Havane - I do find it a bit spicier and less sweet. It's definitely a masculine fragrance.
It presents sweet and creamy accords (honey? vanilla,? cinnamon? dark chocolate?), as well balsamic and ambery accords (mint? amber?, stirax?, patchouli?) and a couple of manly notes (glorious leather and moist tobbaco). I just used question marks for the notes I suggest, as different sources suggest different notes for this fragrance (my nose included).
This aroma proposes a good cognag after a fancy dinner with close friends. It kind of creates a confortable friendly mood and pleases both genders. It presents an outstanding value for money. I'll explain this with my ratings:

My rates for Insurrection II Wild:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Scent opening:............8.5 (my judgement, as an Oriental Aromatic fragrance)
- Scent drydown:..........8.0 (quite a linear fragrance - not bad, just a finding)
- Longevity:....................8.5 ( 8+ hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:.........................8.0 (sillage peak at 5~6 feet, projection 2+ hours)
- Versatility:...................8.5 (avoid hot days; very good for almost any weather type, day or night)
- Wearability:.................8.5 (different people may have different opinions; I already heard people claiming that Wild is sexy as hell; I don't disagree with its alluring qualities but the strong sweet tobacco scent does suggest me a noisy friends gathering. No doubts that it is almost an "all around fragrance")
- Compliments...............9.0 (very serious compliment grabber from both genders; It's a head turner!)
- Uniqueness:................8.0 (not a 10 because it's very similar to Pure Havane, although it has better performance and costs 4 times less)
- Quality:........................8.0 (does not smell cheap; excelent sprayer; all the compliments and comments I received must mean something)
- Presentation:..............8.0 (very nice bottle, very classy box)
- Price:............................9.0 (€20,00 for 100 ml + shipping)
Average: 8.35/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Very good fragrance; I use it a lot and I do recommend it;

Congratulations to Parfumo coleague Elysium, for his very good review in Insurrection II wild.

Music: Suzi Quatro - "Can The Can"

Fabbri's Morello and Mint-infused Honey Blends
First off, I won't say a thing about A*Men Pure Havane's similarities, given that despite it is on my wishlist, I miserably never had a chance to test it yet. Insurrection II Wild by Reyane Tradition cologne fits well under the Oriental-Gourmand group according to what I feel and smell.

It opens on my skin with a mixture of Morello cherries syrup and mint-infused honey. The Morello is a variety of sour cherries that is so dark-skinned, it is almost a mahogany red, with dark red flesh and dark juice inside. Sometimes Morello cherries are so dark red that they are almost black. I know Morello cherries very well since, in Italy, we have Amarena Fabbri company, whose syrup is the heart of a company that has a great story to tell. This syrup is made from fruits pitted and then candied in the sugar and is ideal for decorations or fillings with any dessert. The tart of these fruits is present in almost all the lifetime of this scent. That's the opening.

After a while, a green sharp tobacco note emerges, but not offensively like a cigarette's smoke on the street, rather gently, with pride and elegance typical of the finest Cuban cigars. I almost get a caramel scent as well, and over time this beautiful cologne dries down to a dark tobacco, spicy, and woody combination that is exquisite. It's adorable, highly unusual, perfect for a business day, as well as a night out.

The heart goes on with a sour leathery accord blended with vanilla spice, like if you were wearing a leather jacket with pockets filled with patchouli leaves and vanilla sticks. Yeah, you are right; it isn't listed in the notes. Instead, I also detect a hint of vanilla, which provides an extra creamy and powdery smoothness. Oh, what a damn pleasant sensation! It's so full-bodied, gourmand, and woody essence of birch is wonderfully unique and bold.

I seem that, once this scent takes off, it remains in this state of bittersweet warmth forever. If you're anything like me, you can't help but continually sniff your wrist while wearing this. The dry-down is this bittersweet, raw vanilla, resinous amber, with a sharp ash accord. Not a wet, damp, dirty ash, but dry and powdery cigar ashes, a Cuban cigar! It sounds nasty, but I think it smells so good.

Despite being sweet with notes of honey, rose, vanilla, and amber, RTIW is undoubtedly masculine. It is how it differs from other tobacco vanilla scents on the market, which are sweet and frequently more feminine and "round." The herbal and green tobacco note together with the earthy and bitterness of patchouli make it more masculine. Whoa, this is the top, it fades and most of the wear is vanilla-patchouli tobacco. Just get it if you like tobacco fragrances. Instead, if this doesn't sound like your kind of thing, look elsewhere. However, if you want rich and masculine scents, then RTIW is a masterpiece of a fragrance.

Thankfully RTIW is an EDP, which has terrific sillage and longevity. Sillage is just right, it isn't overwhelming, but it is on the firm side of things. It doesn't require that many sprays to be effective, which is a relief with so many weak colognes out there. It also has outstanding longevity, and this is an all-day kind of scent for both the workweek and weekend. However, be aware that it is much more of a skin scent after 5-6 hours, but with a consistent application, it should still be noticeable. Suitable for both day and evening wear, Insurrection II Wild is an excellent choice for a signature scent, best if worn during cold weather from late Autumn thru all early Spring.

In my last words, It is so good and something that I'd wear frequently. As I said, I can't stop sniffing my wrist when wearing it!

Performance enhanced sweetness.
It's kind of sad how IPII got all the press, since IWII is probably the better of the two. But if you've smelled Pure Havane, the opening is nearly identical. Personally, I don't get much patchouli in the beginning, since the major players are a cinnamon-cherry-like tobacco(ish) accord with a very thin amber resin. Very quickly, a honey accord tends to dominate the frag into the mid and drydown; although if sprayed on clothing, this will easily last for a week and you may even be able to pick up on the A*Men base - a caramel-chocolate-vanilla sweetness. The blend is absolutely fantastic for the price and so is the performance; although, I would steer clear of this in the high heat because it's just that strong and probably too sweet for some.

But personally, I can't praise this scent enough. For me, in the cool weather, it's just MAGICAL. I've smelled more than a hundred decent bargain fragrances by now and can tell you that this is easily in the top 3. If someone were to ask me to recommend them an excellent sweet fragrance to start their collection or as a gift, this would be it. It's incredibly inexpensive, it smells effing fantastic, it performs like a beast and even comes in a great box. AND it was on the scene years before the first Armaf. Yeah.

There are SO many clones of Aventus by now, but how many clones of the best (or second best) Mugler frag? Ok, so it's not Naxos, but for 1/10 of the price???? Coooooome on....And not to mention that the newest Pure Havanes have dismal performance! Sad. But that's why I have IWII. Now if only Reyane could make a clone of Pure Malt...

KimJongKimJong 7 months ago
Fresh sweet tobacco. Really pretty good for the price. Not very similar to Pure Havane, but enough to replace it.
Tdebruin73Tdebruin73 8 months ago
A more synthetic seeming "clone" of Pure Havane.
CatarinaCatarina 15 months ago
Pure Havane on a budget. Great value for money. A cinnamon and Patchouli bomb if are in the mood for it. Many chicks are!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It presents notes of good cognag, tobacco, honey and vanilla . After a close friendsfancy dinner, It creates a confortable friendly mood.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
It is similar to Pure Havane, but not really a clone. It's a bit more masculine with a stronger tobacco note and a fainter vanilla & cherry

by Shuqush
by Elysium
by RedBull
by RedBull

Popular Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Pure by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Wild Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Black Oud by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Fusion by Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Dark by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Venezia for Men by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Couture by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Oud Lumineux by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Arabian Roses by Reyane Tradition Insurrection by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Porto Fino pour Homme by Reyane Tradition Fight Club White by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Musk Sultan by Reyane Tradition Gentle Elsatys by Reyane Tradition My Oud by Reyane Tradition Monsieur May H by Reyane Tradition Beautiful Garden by Reyane Tradition III for Women by Reyane Tradition III for Men by Reyane Tradition Acqua di Parisis Essenza Intensa - Silk Oud by Reyane Tradition