Insurrection II Pure (2013)

Insurrection II Pure by Reyane Tradition

Insurrection II Pure is a popular perfume by Reyane Tradition for men and was released in 2013. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by YZY.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant, Bergamot, Apple, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Musk, Ambergris, Vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 15.10.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 6.5/10

Insurrection Pure II LIGHT
When Insurrection II Pure moved in with me for the first time in January 2018, I noted

"This fragrance is said to be a copy of Aventus. Whatever the original is, this Cheapy smells great, especially in the first 2.5 hours, with WAHNSINS pineapple. But then it goes back to about 20-30%, which is a pity, and I would have to spray something fruity afterwards. Durability is with approx. 6h on skin and >12h on shirt top, Sillage also strong, but after 4-5 hours the fragrance turns increasingly into slightly acidic bitterness, which I do not like at all" ... That's why I sold it again.

And that was a mistake.

A few months ago, when I suddenly felt like something sour, I remembered the scent and ordered it again. But now it looks like:

Starts as usual with a strong fruit note, but only with 70-80% of the power of that time. Main problem: the top note already begins to warp after about 5 minutes (previously 2.5 hours!) and remains after a quarter of an hour at only about 20%. And then something like full but dry wood, which is supposed to be the black currant, prevails. Sure, it's usually never really fruity fresh, but more woody than fruity to smell, well ... But this mixture is not necessarily bad, but unfortunately also a little artificial. And then, after approx. 2 hours, the oak moss is increasingly added, but remains discreet. A little musk is also perceptible afterwards, so that the Frenchman becomes a little softer from hour 3 onwards. But amber and vanilla? Nothing. But I wouldn't find it suitable either. Or do they exist in the Aventus and therefore have to be inside? ... Oh, I don't feel like looking, it's so disappointing :-/

Conclusion and considerations:

Insurrection Pure II is definitely not what it was 1.5 years ago. Three explanatory approaches:

1) Reformulation: It almost smells as if it had been outsourced to a start-up.

2) Adaptation: to the constantly changing Aventus batches, sometimes fruity, sometimes woody, etc. But at least H & S should remain unaffected by this. Oh no, it's said that the Aventus got lost in the cellar ;-)

3) Marketing strategy: Currently, an Insurrection II Pure EXTREME is in the starting blocks, so that you may want to create a greater distance between the two. All those who are used to the previous ones and blindly (re)buy are the glued ones, and those who order the Extreme are happy about an intensive batch, which basically smells like the original version. Win Win of the finest ... you can gladly attest me paranoia;) but was it not with Hugo the same?

But back to the current Insurrection Pure II: compared to my previous batch, the current one is unfortunately only a shadow of its own and has from the former H & S over the entire fragrance process perhaps 70%. I find it particularly unfortunate that not only the concentration has suffered, but also the wording itself. What one perceives is predominantly the black currant, which, however, comes across a little artificial, dry, woody and slightly sweetened by the remains of the pineapple. The oak moss hardly helps, the scent has no depth at all.

Wehrmutstropfen: If you don't know the earlier version and don't like acidic bitterness anyway, you might like this current one

Insurrection Pure II LIGHT

8.0 5.0 4.0 7.5/10

Gone with no wind
After I have been an "Aventus wearer" for years, this fragrance has aroused my interest.
The price is in comparison to Aventus very favorable and there I dared a blind purchase.

Insurrection II Pure starts fresh. The fruity top notes are very well perceptible. Unfortunately, they disappear quickly. From the notes in the heart and base I notice a little birch and a hint of vanilla, then the fun is over after a short time.
Due to the ratings here, I had not expected a long shelf life, but - felt this fragrance evaporates already during spraying.

In a scent comparison with the 'original' he can not keep up, on his bottle is also not 'Aventus'. I didn't have such high expectations of this fragrance. Seen on its own, this fragrance has succeeded.

The strongest negative point is the durability of this fragrance, which for me goes in the direction of After Shave. Frequent spraying from the pocket spray can keep the perceptibility of the fragrance at a certain level.
Due to the high consumption, the price is relativized in comparison with the smell of Creed.

Since Aventus has the nose clearly in front for me also in the 'scent comparison', I cannot book any noticeable advantages for Insurrection II Pure in the direct comparison.

The bottle is packed in a high-quality box and extra secured. A great deal of effort has been made here. The bottle itself, made of coloured glass, is beautifully shaped and lies well in the hand.

Since I don't want to hang the bottle around my neck, but want to enjoy the fragrance, the advantages remain with Aventus.

The higher "effort" when pulling out the wallet to buy an Aventus is justified for me.

How many litres of Insurrection II Pure do I have to count on 100 ML Aventus?
6.0 3.0 7.0 9.0/10

Back and forth
Aventus or not. You get a great fragrance here for a small price. It's very fruity at first. The smoky notes are still playing in the background. With time he loses his fruity vibe more and more, never disappearing completely. Only the scent - great! Beautiful fresh, fruity, smoky aaaaaabut a perfume is only fun if it is perceived, by yourself and by the environment. Unfortunately, the vial cannot score here at all. It is still felt 20 minutes after spraying, but not afterwards. I even asked a friend to spray this scent on his body, unfortunately it was similar here. In summary: good fragrance, bad performance, unfortunately.
8.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

The "playful" Aventus vs. Aventus vs. other Dupes
Almost 20 Euro for 90ml - it was only a question of time when I would get it! I've finally done it. Sooner or later curiosity grabs you when looking for Aventus alternatives. I have had an Aventus sample (Batch 18B01) for a long time and therefore only draw a comparison to this batch. Wat shall I say, I definitely can't deny a certain similarity, but the emphasis is on the word "certain". Aventus is definitely smokier, more male and has definitely more Sillage than the Insurrection, whereby the longevity of the Insurrection is quite good with me, even after 8 hours I smell it on my wrist. He definitely has more pineapple and less smoke than my Aventus. He is more playful for me because of his dominant fruityness, more "playful" than the Aventus. As an independent fragrance I appreciate it very much, but I cannot and will not name a 1to1 clone, it is simply too simple for that and does not have the complexity and concentrated masculinity one is used to from Aventus.

I also own the Club de Nuit Intense and the Afnan Supremacy Silver. Personally, I find that these fragrances smell much more similar than Aventus in percentage terms. Above all, they have the smokiness that distinguishes Aventus and makes for "head-turning moments". Club de Nuit Intense (black spray head) is for me, as far as smokiness is concerned, first for me of the three, then the Afnan Supremacy Silver, then the Insurrection, where the pineapple dominates for me through and through. Concerning the similarity to Aventus, the Afnan Supremacy Silver is first for me, closely followed by CDNI and last but not least Insurrection. I have to praise the Afnan at this point, because I personally think that it really smells almost identical to my Aventus. I even ordered a backup bottle of it, which I don't do with any other scent. Seriously, I wonder why the ASS gets so little attention and almost gets lost under the dupes, or does it just seem like that to me? o.0

Finally back to Insurrection: It is good, therefore the 8er rating. It would have been interesting what rating I would have given the fragrance if I hadn't known Aventus ^-^ Probably even a 9, if not a 10, I would have taken the incredibly low price into consideration. If you want to have an mMn almost identical 2018 Aventus, you should simply try out Afnan Supremacy Silver
6.0 7.0 10.0 10.0/10

Love at second attempt
My perfumer usually adds a fragrance to my purchase for me to try out. Just like two years ago when she sent me a sample bottle of Insurrection II Pure and a piece of paper with a smiley on it. When I took a few bumps from the rehearsal I was not at all taken with the note. The opening was somehow just not mine at all... I just wasn't prepared for that smell. So the sample went relatively disappointed in the bucket.
Now, after a good two years and my extended knowledge and the knowledge of Aventus and its Dupes, the saleswoman put Insurrection II Pure to my heart once again. The perfume is really almost like Aventus and unbeatable when it comes to value for money. So I ordered the water.

When I then had the package in front of me, I was not badly surprised. The packaging is of enormous quality and unusually elaborately designed for a perfume. When I think of Creed's cardboard box I have to smile a bit about its price. The whole thing comes across in a clean, clear, pure white. Noble.

The fragrance is really fresh at the beginning. Pineapple and apple dominate, the former definitely having priority. As someone has written here, the opening can be a bit peculiar, and you can be a little averse to it. This was probably the first time I missed the experience with the little water. But as soon as the heart note with jasmine and patchouli appears, I also smell the currants. The opening is simply sweet and then it goes on like this. So it seems to me that I already notice vanilla in the heart note. The base with ambergris and musk is simply ingenious. Classic warm and inviting. I am so taken with the heart and above all the base note that I enjoy going through the opening. The opening doesn't take too long. But what I am asking myself now is, how Aventus smells then, because he is still said to have a smoky note... I will fall in love again?

I definitely rate the shelf life as very good. Honestly, I took a shower in the evening and applied the fragrance, exemplary as it should be on the freshly showered skin. I took four shots per side of my neck and went off into the night. When I got out of bed 13h later the next day, I still noticed the scent on my skin. Even a little after the shower.

The Sillage is all right. In my opinion, the scent stays with me and does not fill the whole room. Naturally in relation to the amount applied. But for the night at the club, it was fine. Half a portion for the office and the fragrance is a quiet companion for the handshake.

The bottle is well processed and even has a protective foil for the silver accent. The appearance is massive, as is its content, but I don't know why this fragrance was chosen white. The spray head is compatible with the Travalo which always pleases me. I am not convinced of the feel, no matter how I hold the bottle, it does not fit comfortably in my hand. Maybe I also have too small hands.

All in all, I'm glad I gave the fragrance a second chance. Although I don't (yet) know how Aventus from Creed smells, I'm so taken with this one that I'll definitely wear it more often.

Whether you're taking this fragrance as a dupe to Aventus or just looking for a great men's fragrance for the warmer season, you've come to the right place.

Sweeter scent clone to Creed Aventus
SOTD: Insurrection II Pure by Reyane Traditions: As of 12/30/18

I have the Insurrection fragrance trilogy including Pure, and the Pure is the least of my favorites, and among the Aventus clones I picked L'Adventure and CDNIM over Pure. Eventually I will probably buy Aventus down the road. Not knocking Pure still have the Aventus DNA, performance is average, scent is decent not smoking as CDNIM, but has a sweet fruity smell. Value is still great, it could be a nice car freshener sprayer.

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Value: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Performance/Longevity: 8/10: Lasted on my skin between 8-10+ hrs, still pushing with a faint scent on my skin on 10+ hr mark
Overall: 7.5/10

SOTD (Scent of the Day): Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Pure: As of 02/01/19

Changed my perspective a bit on this clone but every clone the scent does takes a different direction/route, my nose still detects the birch, pineapple, which dominates the opening, and then apple is very faint pretty much on the backend. Then the vanilla, musk and bergamot kicks in. When it comes to the Aventus clones, from Al Haramain L'Aventure, CDNIM, and Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Pure how would I rank them.

1- CDNIM
2- Al Haramain L'Aventure
3- Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Pure

Longevity/Performance: 8.5/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 10+ hrs scent is still lingering on skin @ the 11 hr mark.
5.0 9.0 10.0 8.0/10

Andos
The shirt hanging in the hallway...
Aventus by Creed is also such a fragrance that you somehow inevitably come across when looking for good men's perfumes. Again, the ratings here were just so great that I had to find a perfumery that provided it for testing. When the time came and I could finally try it, however, a certain disillusionment arose:

Yeah, I can see why so many people like him, but he's just too much for me. He has something harsh and masculine about him, which I love about perfumes, but how can I say he just "gets in my face too much", pardon my French. You want to smell good as a man, but you don't want to kill it with your scent. So in the sense that the environment still gets air when you're around. In this respect, tastes differ, whether you only want to be perceived when you are close to your body, whether the scent announces you when you meet someone, so to speak, and puts your business card in their hand, or whether you pull a whole cloud of scent behind you. If one wanted to wear it then, it would be to my taste in any case economical to dose. Because I don't want to say that it's bad, only you have to think about whether you want to belong to category A B or C. And if you're not needy, you could easily slip into category C involuntarily.

I don't even know how it happened that I ordered a bottle of Insurrection, although I wasn't so convinced about Aventus. But when it comes to perfumes, it's at least as important that you like to be smelled by your environment as it is that you like to smell yourself. Since I knew that Aventus is also very popular in the ladies' world and my repertoire is not yet too huge (and my purse is small), I wanted a perfume that had a little more penetrating power and could also make its way through the alcohol haze of the discount fog during the next drink. Without being too intrusive, of course, as already described :)

That's exactly what I found in this perfume. I find it a slightly lighter version of Aventus. But easily it doesn't hit so well, it's somehow different, a bit softer, but still has a bitter note. But there were already enough fragrance descriptions and others can do that much better than me anyway. But I would like to reiterate the Sillage and durability and have a little anecdote about it:

I had applied the scent a while ago with two or three splashes on my neck and especially on my shirt. After wearing this shirt once, I put it in my hallway. And for the next 5 to 6 days, every time I walked by, I got this mad base note in my nose. Sillage and durability is really phenomenal, which brings us back to economical dosing for the protection of the environment!

In any case, I would like to point out once again that this fragrance really only unfolds its full power after a few hours. I can't do that much with the top note, but this base has something animal and wild, but at the same time masculine and well-groomed. So if it's time for clubbing on Friday, it's best to diesel in all your clothes on Wednesday evening :D

Like a junkie running in his ordeal after the high of his first shot forever, I am in search of the fragrance. The fragrance that expresses for me the absolute masculinity, that is at the same time elegant and well-groomed but also masculine, the fragrance that silences all my critics and makes all women soft knees.

Like the junkie, I'll probably never find him, but I have to say, this base comes very close!
8.0 6.0 5.0 8.5/10

KLewis
Love the scent, but doesn't last.
This is still a great fragrance, well known for its similarities to Creed Aventus and rightfully so in my opinion.
If you're looking for an Aventus clone, for me this one comes closer than Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense Man, but not quite as close as Al Haramain L'Aventure, but out of the 3 I still choose this fragrance.

Firstly there's a burst of spicy Pineapple sweetness. It projects for a short while and may turns some heads, if you like the compliments, this one didn't disappoint. On the dry down is when the musky, birch, oakmoss vibes really start to shine through for me, bringing with it that more masculine edge, the main thing IP2 is missing is the smokiness.

The packaging is nice, a good sturdy book-insert box, pull to reveal the faded bottle placed in the middle.
I love the shape of the bottle, a kind of tear-drop base that has been stretched out, but I don't like what they have done to the bottle to get the fade as it feels very cheap like a plastic coating.

The only real con for me is that the scent has almost gone after 4-5 hours, but with the price as it is, it doesn't hurt to put on a few more sprays when needed.
9.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Rendi
finally a fragrance twin that deserves that name
creed is indeed fresh-fruity, but this water is more fruity, with a slightly lower shelf life than creed. What is better is a matter of taste and cannot be discussed
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Better than the original
After a long time with this fragrance twin I wanted to treat myself to the legendary original the day before yesterday.
Off to the fragrance shop, sprayed on neck and wrists, 30 minutes walked through the city and... away!
He could only be smelled from five centimetres away. (My fiancée and friends have confirmed it.)
For such a high-priced fragrance a NoGo.

The Insurrection, however, performs really well for me, it lasts as well as most summer fragrances and I have already received so many compliments for this fragrance.

My current Signature Scent. :-)

By the way, I still hit the perfumery, namely Tom Ford, the Mandarino di Amalfi just knocked my socks off. But that's another topic ;-)
8.0 8.0 8.0 5.0/10

The forester celebrates
My forester's maniac will celebrate his birthday soon - and it's always cosy.

Many men from the green profession gather around his tables, because Mani is a generous host.
At the last cradle festival I already caused insurrection when I accidentally brought him an unambiguous women's perfume.

This mistake caused general cheerfulness among the pithy weather tanners, and the petite flak king wandered through many strong man's hands.
Who has the damage, mocks every description.

But Mani was good-natured, whether all the men should run after him - or the little deer ?

But with the coming birthday I try it directly with the " riot ".
My dealer had him on my heart as an Aventus twin.
I like to wear my Aventus for here, and I also like his green statement.
That would go well with the Greens?

But I don't know the Aventus for him - but it should differ from the women's version if I use Insurrection as a basis.

Here I am greeted by an automotive touch, which is composed of petrol and rubber.
Certainly not bad for motorists - but my forester man walks through the Tann on foot.
He is very close to nature and chose his profession carefully.

These notes probably don't arouse his sympathy - and if it should resemble the legendary Aventus a hundred times.

Other notes I do not discover - and it remains with the KFZ workshop association.

No, I would like to spare Mani and myself another riot and give the strange smell to our car screwdriver.
6.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Farneon
Green pineapple for a successful everyday life
So that's him, the allegedly best clone of the "Fragrance of Fragrances", namely Aventus by Creed, which I've never smelt myself ... and probably wouldn't buy it if Insurrection II Pure actually came even close to 85 %. Reason 1: the price, reason 2: the overall impression, which drifts a bit too much into the flowery-moosy, although I seem to be pretty alone with this opinion! ;-)

Nevertheless, a great fragrance: fruity and green notes are combined in an exemplary harmony, combined with a persistent freshness and a soft woody base. All well mixed together with a little pineapple sticking out. For me, the overall character bears a certain resemblance to Montblanc Legend, which seems even more fruity, but also one-dimensional and artificial.

Are these fragrance pyramids generally referred to as "Fougère"? I'm not quite sure, but I'd guess so. Anyway, a woman liked this scent especially about me: It was my mother! ;-) And yes: Perhaps the overall impression is too "classic" for me. Since the early 1990s I have been interested in perfumes, although not as much as I am today. But instinctively I would place Insurrection II Pure (a really bulky name by the way) rather in the time before that.

For me, this is not necessarily a milestone, but a rock-solid all-rounder for everyday life and all the activities associated with it. Durability and Sillage are in the upper "middle class" range. Fits in my opinion also very well in a modern Barbershop, but less to a first date
8.0 7.0 6.0 9.5/10

Aventus eau Fraiche.
First of all, the presentation is fantastic with the book-insert box and cool faded bottle. I guess the only problem is the cap, which is kind of tricky to pop unless you push your thumb up from one side. Ditto when you're putting it back on, you really have to give it some force before it clicks. But all of that can be overlooked when considering the juice inside.

It's a rather light, fruity but complex opening with the concentrated birch note giving it a kind of deep, synthetic vibe. But that goes away when the frag opens up and what you get is a refreshing (but NOT citrusy) aromatic and milky combination of pineapple, apple, birch, musk and a tiny bit of oakmoss. It's amazing really...the oakmoss in this gives it a perfect amount of backbone without becoming green, woody, or dated in any sense. You know how the old powerhouses used to have a good bit of oakmoss that gave them this dusty, old-man vibe? There's NONE of that in this. Just take out some of that smokiness from Aventus and lower the complexity a bit, and you've got IP2.

But just like Aventus, this is all man. In fact, the first thing that came to my mind when I smelled it was that it reminded me of something my father wore. Don't know if that's true, but whenever you put birch, oakmoss and patchouli together, you know you're probably going to end up smelling like a tree. Maybe that's why people think of a lumber jack when they smell CDNI. Either way, layering the two is a good option given the fruitiness of IP2; but watch out not to spray too much on your clothing. Although the longevity is OK on skin, it lasts FOREVER on clothes for some reason. Strange, but there you go - a milky and slightly watered down Aventus with SUPERB value. No wonder it used to be on everybody's best bargain fragrances list.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

good one
i never smelled aventus but this a good fragrance anyway its woody smoky with a little bit of citrus up top , the performance was average , i liked it a lot plus it was cheap and have a very good presentation i think i will buy it again

KLewis 14 months ago
An affordable Creed Aventus, lacking in longevity and slightly synthetic.
6.0
5.0
Carlitos01 17 months ago
Reyanne Aventus really reminds me of Creed Pure. Nice bottle, nice juice, a bit synthetic, over pleasing, low price, superb value. Good job!+4

by Vogi