04°N 74°W by Richard Lüscher Britos

04°N 74°W is a perfume by Richard Lüscher Britos for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-gourmand. It is still in production.

Arabica coffee, Gardenia, Hyacinth, Lily, Rose

Submitted by Colognissimo, last update on 10.11.2016

7.0/10

coffee orchid
Richard Lüscher-Britos 04ºN 74ºW (Is there a more impractical, less memorable way of calling a perfume? seriously) transports us to Guamal, Colombia (thanks google maps) what it seems to be a Natural Park and a paradise on earth. That is the only research i did berfore sniffing the sample that, so kindly, T. forwarded me.
That is why I was expecting something green, lush and humid, in the style of L´Artisan´s rainforest beauty Fleur de Liane. 04ºN 74ºW doesnt deliver this, but instead a beautiful floriental with sweet gourmand accents, the abstraction of an orchid scent.

Rather linear, it opens with and interesting steamy note (quite like opening the door of a hamam) mingled with coffee (earthy and sweetened with vanilla)

Soon, this clean steam note moves away revealing a seductive cluster of cattleyas growing in the shadows of this dry, coffee-colored jungle. I just pictured cattleyas, but truly could be any other, since orchid is a construction in perfumery, as is gardenia, the note listed here. You certainly smell a gardenia-type of scent...dusty, creamy white floral, with spicy lily and the vanillic aspect of some orchids. Pinch of cinnamon. Thats is my imaginary cattleya. A very addictive scent.

The longevity and sillage are quite good. The coffee note lingers on my skin until the next day. I really think both men or women would feel confortable with 04ºN 47ºW (yay! i managed to remember it without looking!!) for a sensual mood.
7.5 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Why-not-mood in the basement
Teenagers plan a party, they let the spray blow generously before they leave their room, and run fast through the house to avoid the appraising sights of the parents.
04°N 74°W is a bit childish fragrance to my nose, a crowded basement room gets in my mind, where ardent and innocent youngsters dance in cavalcade of aroma emitted by mass of people. Overdid vanille – and I know that there is no vanille among notes. Powdery, resinous, soft and filled with heaviness of oil seeds. Still dry, and gets more creamy with progress of time.

Unfortunately I could not find harmony while wearing 04°N 74°W. I am especially sad because I could not detect the coffee itself. This fragrance is special, so Perfumistas who are longing for such scent that can barely compared to others, should give it a try.