Nude (2012)Eau de Parfum

Nude (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna

Nude (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Rihanna for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Perfumania Holdings.

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Guava, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine sambac, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Vanilla orchid

Submitted by Joe, last update on 24.06.2019.

The advertising campaign was photographed by Tony Duran.

2.5 2.5 2.5 5.0/10

Tropical Musk Wrapped In Hype
Nude is quite the proper name for the third fragrance by Rihanna. When one thinks of the word nude, the term au naturel comes to mind. Completely unclothed and bare. And that’s what Nude is all about.
It sits close to the skin, it’s innocent, it’s a light fragrance and frankly, it’s barely there. There is an initial blast of a fruity, sweet, tropical scent that hints of something beautiful ahead. And if you’re familiar with the two previous flankers, Rebelle and Reb’l Fleur, you’re thinking perhaps the longevity will be wonderful. But it isn’t. disappointment looms ahead. Nude is just what the name implies and suggest. I applaud the title. It is spot on. Nude is good as a bed-time scent because you’ll fall asleep soon enough and not need a perfume with a longevity factor.
There’s a muskiness to it that keeps it interesting for the older range group along with the younger target audience. The woodiness keeps Nude a simple perfume that’s not seductive or mind-boggling or even memorable. It’s really more of a comfort scent to wear with an over-sized sweater and jeans. But bear in mind, this is one you’ll have to re-apply often unless you enjoy a scent that lies so close to your skin you have to burrow your nose in your arm to smell it.
It’s pretty, yes. It’s relaxing. It won’t offend a soul. I purchased it as a set with the lotion and body wash included which are very decent products. Since the price I paid were from a clearance shelf, I cannot complain. I’m only out $12.50. Had I paid more for just the perfume, I would have been highly disappointed. I expect more for my money.
If you’re looking for an extremely light, tropical, woody, musky scent that doesn’t last long, one that you have to re-apply often, and you don’t have to worry about it offending the people around you, here’s your choice. If you’re thinking along the lines of Rihanna’s other perfumes, do not compare Nude to them.
As far as the bottle, I’ve said it before with Rebelle and Reb’l Fleur, this is one of the worst designs I’ve ever encountered. the bottom is too large to hold while the neck is too slim to manipulate the sprayer at the same time. Pretty to look at tho.
Nude is definitely a sample before you buy. As an after thought, I layered this with Coty’s Vanilla Musk and the combo of the two made for such a delightful mix that lasted for hours, I was finally happier with Nude. It’s better to use for layering. For those of us who like our perfumes on the heavier side, or those of us who are used to stronger perfumes or for those who just want some oomph in their fragrance, Nude just won’t make the cut. It’s too simple. If you’re a veteran perfumista, this one might just be too much on the simple side.
When celebrities hawk their fragrances at the department store launches, wouldn’t it be nice if they knew some information about their perfume? Maybe describing some of the attributes by notes, how long it lasts, the nose they worked with to develop the perfume are all interesting topics that show the consumer the celebrity perhaps had a hand in the development of the fragrance. As far as Rihanna, here she is on an interview at Macy’s talking about her perfume during its inaugural launch.
When questioned on what her perfume is about in by two different interviewers, this was Rihanna’s response:
“I love that it changes in the morning when you wake up naked the next morning…it smells…it smells really…good. It gets better and it keeps getting better.”-that was Rihanna talking to Bella Sugar/Pop Sugar TV about Nude Perfume.
“When I was a little girl my Mom actually used to work behind a counter selling perfume in a store like this so I always was very familiar with fragrances from a really young age and I could still recognize things…perfume…just by …I could smell it and know it…even from young so I always wanted to make my own fragrance and now this is my 3rd one. It’s been super successful so far and I’m excited that people even like it and want to smell like me. The interviewer from Extra TV then asked Rihanna, “What’s this one smell like? The name is Nude.” Rihanna responded, “It’s all nude. It’s a sassy fragrance. It’s not stripped down in any way but it’s the way you want to smell naked. My women and my guys trust me-you want your girls to smell like this.”
Loads of info there from the face behind the perfume. It’s “sassy”. Oh-and it’s “nude”. Just in case you didn’t realize the correlation between the name on the box and the juice inside. Hype. And more Hype.
Don’t buy a perfume because of the face behind it. There’s a chance you won’t like it. Test it first. If you do like it, it’s a win-win.
More importantly? If the person hawking the perfume can’t describe the product that has their name on the box, you really need to question their motives for introducing perfumes at the height of their career. And if your purchase is simply because you’re a fan and it’s a blind-buy, or you’re buying a celebrity’s perfume simply because you’re a fan, well, hey, that’s what disposable income is for. Your disposable income is now part of their gross income.
10.0/10

Rihanna's Best Scent
I got this as a birthday present, and this is probably Rihanna's best scent. Nude opens up with a BURST of guava. Then the pear comes and makes it more sticky, it is similar to the pear in Katy Perry's Meow! fragrance. Then the heart comes and starts with that soft jasmine, then gardenia comes and makes it smelling more vintage. Finally, the base. With its orchid and its milky gourmand notes, finishes of with a sweet and powdery base. This is her best one. Buy it right away!

by Ginger
by Madkat
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Rihanna

Reb'l Fleur (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Rogue by Rihanna Rebelle (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna RiRi (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Rogue Love (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Rogue Man by Rihanna Crush (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Kiss by Rihanna Reb'l Fleur Love Always by Rihanna Rebelle (Body Mist) by Rihanna Nude (Body Mist) by Rihanna Reb'l Fleur (Body Mist) by Rihanna Nude Limited Edition by Rihanna Crush (Body Mist) by Rihanna RiRi (Body Mist) by Rihanna Rogue Love (Body Mist) by Rihanna