Rogue by Rihanna

Rogue is a perfume by Rihanna for women and was released in 2013. The scent is fruity-floral. It is being marketed by Perfumania Holdings.

Top Notes Top NotesCyclamen, Bergamot, Pink pepper, Lemon blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Plum, Rose, Suede
Base Notes Base NotesGolden amber, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 21.11.2018.

5.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Sweet Mini Bott - (ega) -le
The opening of Rihanna's "Rogue" reminded me of a fragrance I really love...- and after two or three minutes a voice in my brain shouted: "Bottega Veneta!" Could that be possible? And if so, why should I continue buying the expensive "Bottega V." when "Rogue" is offered at a fraction of the price? Well, both fragrances contain a fruity note (plum/apricot) and both have a heart made of creamy suede. Nevertheless, "Rogue" is much sweeter and fruitier, and it lacks the mossy component I enjoy in "Bottega Veneta". "Rogue" is also creamier than "Bottega V." and smells of vanilla and musk which "B.V." doesn't. It is not as elegant and laid-back as "Bottega Veneta", but its longevity is better (in spite of its much lower price). Imagine a sweeter and fruitier version of "Bottega Veneta" with a moderate accord of fine, soft suede and a more synthetic vibe to the entire composition. Well, I'll stick to "Bottega V.", because I'm a sucker for (oak)-moss in fragrances and always prefer grassy and green notes to sweet accords. Yet "Rogue" is Rihanna's best fragrance so far. Let me tell you that I grabbed my small 10 ml bottle of it at half-price. It's no bestseller, I was told and might soon be discontinued.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Scent of the month: January
Disclaimer: I love Rihanna. No questions asked. I was really excited about this new release, and when I read about others' impressions, I got even more excited! Thus, after a lot of nudging and winking, I got a mini bottle of Rogue for Christmas, and I'm glad! The rectangular bottle departs from its predecessors' style, thankfully, and hints at chic and elegance. The "studs" in the bottle base are a nice touch, although as a whole the image is maybe not as stylish and grown-up as it aspires to be. The stopper feels light and cheap to the hand, but that is another issue.

This scent seems to be made for the colder season with its warm undertones and soft, comfy suede base. I only know one other Rihanna perfume (Nude) so I cannot compare categorically, but this definitely seems like a style overhaul with the brand. Rogue is only moderately sweet, and despite its name it is quite tame for a leather. At first smelling the leather seemed much more dominant and I could barely catch the top notes. I caught on quick enough, though. The top and heart notes are sweet and they retain the best parts of fruity-florals, but there is something smooth and powdery setting the sweetness off and preventing this from becoming sickly sweet or cloying. Leather becomes more prominent during the drydown, and the remnants lingering in my clothing from yesterday are soothing and powdery, with just a hint of sweetness. Sillage seems pretty soft, extending about an arm's length with three sprays to the neck and hair area. As for longevity, it lasts about 4-5 hrs on me. (Bear in mind, I live in the subarctic and I imagine this scent could be overpowering in warmer climates.)

Comparisons to Bottega Veneta are not completely unwarranted, but the biggest common denominator is leather and apart from that, BV and Rogue are totally different. Rogue is unmistakeably a young girl's or woman's scent. It is, by definition, an easy and pretty enough perfume to be instantly likeable, but not without some its own depth and complexity. Based on Rogue, I predict leather-based fragrances are going to be the next big thing in mainstream fragrance (although I could be wrong, seeing as my tastes probably differ from most perfume consumers in the target market).

by Millefiori
by CocoBee
by Sweetgrass
by Sweetgrass

Popular Rihanna

Rogue by Rihanna Reb'l Fleur (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Rebelle (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Nude (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna RiRi (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Rogue Man by Rihanna Rogue Love (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Crush (Eau de Parfum) by Rihanna Kiss by Rihanna Reb'l Fleur Love Always by Rihanna Rebelle (Body Mist) by Rihanna Nude (Body Mist) by Rihanna Reb'l Fleur (Body Mist) by Rihanna Nude Limited Edition by Rihanna Crush (Body Mist) by Rihanna RiRi (Body Mist) by Rihanna Rogue Love (Body Mist) by Rihanna