Oriental Essence - Roi d'Orient 2015

Oriental Essence - Roi d'Orient by Rituals
Oriental Essence - Roi d'Orient is a popular perfume by Rituals for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is still in production.

Persian amber, White pepper, Musk

Submitted by WiB, last update on 06.01.2021.

Stv23
Can keep up with bigger names
I absolutely have to write a comment on Roi d'Orient, as this was the first fragrance I deliberately bought and wore for a long time. Even now, as I am getting to know more and more great niche fragrances, this one is still one of my absolute favorites.

Where a peppery freshness is initially perceptible at the beginning, this makes room for sweetish-powdery, spicy and also discreetly woody notes over time. A very warm and pleasant fragrance and so far the only one for which I have actually received one or two compliments.

Of course it fits perfectly to the colder days in autumn and winter, but in my opinion it can also be worn wonderfully in warm summer nights. For me it is not only a feel-good fragrance for at home, but also fits perfectly for going out in the evening.

In any case, I will always keep a place in my collection, even if more and more expensive niche fragrances will be added.
Unexpected scent miracle
Contrary to my opinion that the scents of Rituals are not composed with the necessary refinement (wherever it may come from), I must say that this fragrance is a true masterpiece. In my opinion by far the best fragrance (with Bleu Byzantine) of the Rituals "Eau de Parfum" - Collection and especially in autumn/winter extremely good to wear. The durability is great and the combination of amber and musk can be smelled out well.
In my opinion definitely worth a visit in a Ritual Store.
Simply a beautiful fragrance
Smells simply nice powdery, spicy with great soft musk.
Hold quite good and pricewise a dream !!
Especially suitable for winter/autumn/spring. Or when it is colder.

Just give it a try :) The next Rituals Store should not be far away :D
Peukott
One of my favorite winter scents
I came across the Roy D'Orient more by chance My girlfriend and I have a habit of going into every ritual shop. Actually only to look, but in the end there is always something over the counter
So this time it was the Roy D'Orient. Until that time I didn't know that Rituals also had perfumes, but there we were in front of the shelf. We sniffed our way through all of them, but this one I liked best, put it on my watch list and was about to leave when a very friendly saleswoman arrived (and how she could sell)
In the end, we are both booted out of the store with a new scent, in travel size.

Roy D'Orient smells spicy, slightly woody and, as some have already written here, has a relaxing effect. The scent has pulled me right in its ban and I haven't put it down for the winter. In the meantime I also own the big bottle For me it is a wonderful all-rounder when it gets cold outside and cuddly inside.

Finally, a few words about the bottle.
Plain with grey glass and hold lid. Not exactly striking, but still very chic.

Taurus1967
The little king of cuddles
Rituals is a brand I have never really dealt with before. It's true that it's now represented in all pedestrian zones (even in my small town in the Düsseldorf suburbs) and here and there in some perfumeries, but since they're always set up a little away with their own shelves and you never know exactly whether you're approaching a bottle, a moisturizer or a scented candle, and all the series are in turn set up separately, the concept is a little too fuzzy for me.
I have also hardly ever been offered fragrance samples.

But the other day a friend of mine told me in a hurry that she had found a bottle for me in the free section of eBay classifieds, which I would only have to pick up here and there. And since it was only a 15 minute walk and I knew the ritual scent only by sight, the temptation was tempting. Apart from half an hour for the return trip, there was not much to lose. And I had no objection to another bottle for my already modest collection.

Let's get to the point. The promised bottle turned out to be a 10 ml mini and was at least half full. So it would make a good addition to my mini collection and would be suitable for testing.
And this has been worth it, because Roi d'Orient, the oriental king, really has it in him, although he is officially only supported by three notes.

Emphasis here is definitely the musk, which reigns very soft and discreetly sweet. Add a small pinch of light pepper and a good shot of cuddly amber. The result is a fine, relaxed to sensual oriental winter scent that is a little reminiscent of Valentino Uomo, but still sovereign enough.
You could sit in it, it's so nice. And you can hardly believe that these three notes are supposed to be everything. I could imagine that something iris-like has been added for a light powdery note and a touch of woodiness - but that would be speculation because of the aura.

All in all a more than pleasant regent, who has justifiably come so far on points. It is also not impossible that I could one day get the big bang out of it.
Gentle feel-good fragrance
After testing the gruesome Maharaja D'Or, I first thought: never again a men's fragrance of Rituals. But since I like the brand, the different care lines and products are very good and fragrant and a part of the proceeds of the sold perfumes are used for actions against animal experiments, I dared to try Roi D'Orient again, especially because of the many positive comments here
Roi D'Orient is a fragrance for every occasion, suitable for everyday use. Fresh aromatic top note with ultra-light pepper notes (hardly noticeable), which, unfortunately not very slowly, merges into the heart note of musk and amber, always accompanied by a soft-spicy, fragrant, attractive, almost cuddly base note. I would almost rather call it a home fragrance or relaxation fragrance, although it can also be worn at work or on any other occasion. It makes you calmer and more relaxed - that's what makes it so different from most other amber-musk scents, which I would classify as very intense and striking. If you wait a few hours, a slight dark wood note comes to the fore, which perfectly complements the other notes.

Unfortunately there is one small negative point; the durability. The top note fades away within a few minutes and also the heart and base notes don't last very long, so you should spray very often or apply too little right at the beginning. It's a real pity that there is no more intensive version of this otherwise very good perfume; however, with 9 € for the 10 ml in a chic design (other 10 ml versions from other perfume houses often come in a simple round mini spray) you can hardly do anything wrong; practical to take away and to look at in a noble way on the shelf.

by EveMist
by EveMist
Ob das jetzt gruselig oder doch lustig ist überlass ich Euch und Fresh!;-))  Happy Hello(aus)Wien, ihr Lieben!:-))
by LaVioletta
Für Fresh, der Beitrag aus Wien: Ziegelstein mit Kaiserwappen drauf!... und weil er grad auf Staatsbesuch da war: mit Roi d'Orient!;-))
by LaVioletta
by NasiGoreng
by Grzesinek
by Grzesinek

Popular Rituals

Oriental Essence - Elixir d'Orient / Eau d'Orient by Rituals Oriental Essence - Victoire d'Ambre by Rituals The Ritual of Karma by Rituals The Ritual of Dao / Yin - Organic White Lotus & Yi Yi Ren by Rituals Oriental Essence - Voyage en Inde by Rituals Oriental Essence - Oasis de Fleurs by Rituals The Ritual of Hammam / Hammam Secret by Rituals Oriental Essence - Oasis Verte by Rituals Oriental Essence - Fleurs de L'Himalaya by Rituals Oriental Essence - Nuit à Marrakech by Rituals Oriental Essence - Sultan de Muscat by Rituals The Ritual of Sakura / Blossom Water - Cherry Blossom by Rituals Oriental Essence - Nuit d'Azar by Rituals Oriental Essence - Poème d'Azar by Rituals Oriental Essence - Rose de Shiraz by Rituals The Ritual of Ayurveda / Chakra Water - Indian Rose & Himalaya Honey by Rituals Oriental Essence - Eau du Kashmir by Rituals Eau de Tsuru by Rituals Oriental Essence - Maharaja d'Or by Rituals No. 07 White Patchouli & Cedar Wood by Rituals