Cravache (1963) Eau de Toilette

Cravache (Eau de Toilette) by Robert Piguet

Cravache (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Robert Piguet for men and was released in 1963. The scent is spicy-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Lavender, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage, Petitgrain, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.11.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 9.5/10

Perhaps..
Sneaking around the scent for a long time. Again and again I rejected the purchase and gave in to the doubts;
maybe too old-fashioned,
maybe too musty,
maybe Grandpa,
maybe it doesn't fit
possibly the price called is money thrown out to window
> maybe woman and colleagues will find in Bäh,
perhaps...
Well, then it happened. In the course of a daring and spontaneous rehearsal order he was also ordered.
Day 1:
Friday morning in Germany.
A day in the office without fragrance? Sew!
Which one should it be? One from the treasure box? Or take the risk to test one of the samples?
Not without risk. Because like it or not. The scent, if it lasts, will sit with me in the office for eight hours.
Without further ado, the concerns have been overturned. What the hell, it's 2 days weekend in between and in case of disaster the waves will hopefully smooth in the circle of colleagues ;-)
In short, Cravache has been enlisted and what can I say?
Even before the second cup of coffee, 3 ladies in the office asked me positively about the scent and asked me what kind of water it was.
Maybe a good idea to choose this sample first.
Good, the fragrance starts and remains very herbaceous. But above all fresh, rather in the sense of clear, energetic, vitalising. But always discreet enough not to deter, but to lure in, to invite.
There is also no question of a lack of durability.
In the morning at 5.30 o'clock sprayed, it was with me to approx. 16.00 o'clock still perceptible.
Maybe he'll go on the have-will list,
Maybe it'll be 100ml,
Maybe he'll come soon,
Perhaps...
I'm sure it will!
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Ambivalence - Perplexity - Discovery
A year ago I entered the world of souks, looking for a discreet, bitter men's fragrance and tried many. And the Cravache of Piguet prompted me to write a review for the first time, so bizarre were my experiences.

I was especially looking forward to Cravache, as the comments mention many features that appeal to me. "Classic men's fragrance", even "grandpa note", "pleasant retro feeling with character", "gentleman's fragrance" - that sounds good. And from Piguet I already know Bois Bleu and Bois Noir, especially the latter inspires me enormously, even if it doesn't come into question as a fragrance for me (one reads the comment of Zinken: "A Forest (The Cure)", he says everything).

Full of expectation a spray on my wrist - ... - and when I smelled the scent, I felt like I fell into a pastis glass in France. I actually smelled - ANIS - and almost nothing else. I don't like aniseed. How is that possible? That didn't match my expectations or the comments I've made so far. Is it my skin? On my nose? Has something like this ever happened to you before?

I didn't want to admit it and tried again a few months later - and a differentiated picture emerged. Still a lot of anise, but other notes suddenly appear as well. First, tart grapefruit, maybe lime. Later I mean to smell herbs, but I can't define which ones. Also Vetiver is visible (after a few hours?).

So it's a very complex fragrance for me that doesn't open up immediately. Am I scared off by the anise, or am I "working on" the scent? Because the development over time fascinates me very much, it gets better and better.

By the way, at home I put my wrist under my wife's nose - she didn't get aniseed by herself, only when I spoke to her directly about it she could understand my impression
Have you ever seen anything like it?
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Note to guys: Please Wear This
Robert Piguet CRAVACHE definitely participates in the Platonic Form of Men's Cologne. It's all here: citrus, lavender, nutmeg, vetiver, herbs (sage), petit grain. Smells great, actually. Very natural, and recommendable.

Many men's colognes smell too synthetic or aquatic (which is just to say: synthetic!) for me. CRAVACHE manages to smell like a men's cologne but without that otherworldly urban chemical soup vibe. I like it.

Guys: please wear this one, not those. Believe me: chics dig it.

FranknSense 128 days ago
Not unique, spicy, easy to please, natural. It could almost be just "another" perfume, but the ladies giant appreciation makes a difference!+3
6.0

by Lamb
by Macbeth
by Macbeth

Popular Robert Piguet

Fracas (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Bandit (1944) (Parfum) by Robert Piguet Nouvelle Collection - Bois Noir by Robert Piguet Nouvelle Collection - Oud by Robert Piguet Nouvelle Collection - Casbah by Robert Piguet V / Visa (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Calypso (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Baghari (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Cravache (Eau de Toilette) by Robert Piguet Futur (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet L'Insomnuit by Robert Piguet Bandit (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Pacific Collection - Alameda by Robert Piguet Oud Délice by Robert Piguet Oud Divin by Robert Piguet Pacific Collection - Bois Bleu by Robert Piguet Douglas Hannant by Robert Piguet Nouvelle Collection - Mademoiselle Piguet by Robert Piguet Pacific Collection - Rose Perfection by Robert Piguet Pacific Collection - Chaí by Robert Piguet