Casbah by Robert Piguet
Casbah is a popular perfume by Robert Piguet for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica root, Nutmeg, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Tobacco, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Profumo, last update on 25.11.2020.

Oh dear
The incense is so intense and so present here, it makes me very uncomfortable. I'm sorry, but it smells of death and seems depressing to me. Surely there are people on whose skin this scent can surely develop.
it's smoking here!
The inhabitants of the Casbah rub their eyes: what wakes them up before sunrise?
Fear and also curiosity drive them to the walls:
Who's attacking them?
Where is the enemy?
Dark clouds billow over the desert, accompanied by muffled sounds to which mysterious shadows move rhythmically. Frightening!
But you can rest easy!
This is not an enemy attack: "Casbah" from Robert Piguet's "Nouvelle Collection" conquers its surroundings.

This fragrance opens with a real cannon fire of black pepper.
Who, like me, is allergic to it should better leave it alone: This drumming sits down enormously on the respiratory tract and even makes the tears run.
Bummer! Beautiful he is, this Piguet fragrance magician - but unfortunately not for me! Generous tins of nutmeg and angelica are mixed into this dark, rich pepper cloud: yes, the angels don't shyly add spices here either!
This force at the beginning finally softens Iris pleasantly with her gentle powdery texture; she has seldom been so welcome to me.
The spice of the Entrées, somewhat civilized by them, develops in consequence to a great carrier for tobacco and dark, mysterious incense: Now it smokes here however enormously! This aromatic scent monster casts dark shadows that change their shape again and again: Air spirits have been set free and are now enjoying their lives.
Vetiver, deep dark green and a bit dull and musty, accompanies the silver shimmer of the silky cedar wood.
Both round off, successfully moderating the enormous appearance of the previous fragrances and at the same time completing the impressive power of this fragrance beauty.

Over the course of several hours the flow of fragrance changes: pepper withdraws a little.
Here he is probably the Cerberus on the threshold of "magic land on the dark side", which first has to be overcome.
I fail at it, but I am nevertheless very enthusiastic about this powerful scent composition, which flows and wafts and smokes!
I would like to be in the company of this magician more often; but it is impossible The bottler is allowed to travel on and maybe she finds a suitable skin to impressively present her contents.
I would like to be a witness to this; "Casbah" deserves to inspire the environment!
With me Weichei has succeeded: so the chances are good!

Angelic(a)?
Odd, it's weird how some scents come across.......was it my mood, nose, skin chemistry that night?
The first time I tried Casbah was after spraying it with the nozzle close to my skin.

I was turned off because before I fell asleep all I detected was a dark smokiness. It took over a week before I tried again but applied a mist and more over my body then walked out into the cool and breezy late afternoon.

Wow, so much better this time, I am not familiar with Angelica root but if it's that sweet scent that is intertwined with incense then I really love it.

Great projection and still going strong after 5 and one half hours.

Great unisex I believe, the incense here is definitely house of worship strength so that might turn off some ladies but Angelica root tames the beast.

Good name for this product, my first Piguet purchase, setting the bar rather high for the rest of the line.

Not blown away
I can find nothing thrilling about that smell. Written by someone who just started on the oud trail, I am more in favor of blends which combine roses plus oud. There I can be comfortable with flowery notes empowered with oud.

Tobacco notes are just not for me.

Not wanting to embark on a long negative review, I just leave it here. Too much dust, too much tobacco.

MeursaultMeursault 1 year ago
Green, cold, spicy, bitter, decadent and introspective. What a great incense this is, the performance is very good too. A must try.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Very balsamic, dark and smoky, with an unusual fougére opening and a drydown of cedar and smoky vetiver. A recomended unisex masterpiece.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Churchy incense... Not my cup of tea

CASBAH - VERBOTENE GASSEN / Vytautas Rupas
by Amberfreak
by Oberloser
by Oberloser
by gamma
by gamma

Popular Robert Piguet

Bois Noir by Robert Piguet Bandit (1944) (Parfum) by Robert Piguet Bandit (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet L'Insomnuit by Robert Piguet Oud Divin by Robert Piguet Calypso (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Fracas (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet V / Visa (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Oud by Robert Piguet Pacific Collection - Alameda by Robert Piguet Futur (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Rose Perfection by Robert Piguet Baghari (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Oud Délice by Robert Piguet Cravache (Eau de Toilette) by Robert Piguet Bois Bleu by Robert Piguet Knightsbridge (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Douglas Hannant (Eau de Parfum) by Robert Piguet Notes by Robert Piguet Chaí by Robert Piguet