Gemma di Paradiso 2018

Gemma di Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli
Bottle Design Eva Maria Duringer
Gemma di Paradiso is a popular perfume by Roberto Cavalli for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGreen pear, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Petalia®
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by CPL, last update on 06.10.2020.

Merging of the contradictions
I came to Gemma the Paradiso through pudelbonzo's commentary. I've been flirting with a fruity pear perfume for a long time and I give something to her commissibles. By chance I discovered the 50 ml bottle in the perfume shop for a really good price and I took it right away because I couldn't find it anywhere to test it.
That thing knocked my socks off at first. The flacon is very nice. It's heavy, it's got a great shape and an even better lid. The color gradient is gorgeous. Of course, I was a bit anxious, as I had no idea whether the water corresponded to my vague ideas or whether my nose had stored a completely different idea of a successful pear scent. So I cheerfully sprayed on, waited a few seconds and inhaled a nose full...
I tell you, this perfume is truly a jewel! From the very first sniff, I am enchanted, thrilled - over and over again.

The smell
I smell pear and vanilla. There's something else that makes the fragrance round and complete and is blended to the best of its ability, but I couldn't really smell jasmine or the scents of petals.

Both pear and vanilla are of a very special kind. Both are easy to recognize Although the pear is sweet, it has nothing in common with other perfumes with this overripe sweetness. It is transcendent and light, as well as vanilla. Together they melt into my skin and hold and hold. The fragrance is already "sweet", very present, but not a bit sticky, more like a silk scarf surrounding me. The green of the flacon captures this supposed contradiction exactly. For me, the perfume doesn't have a great scent, it's and remains wonderful.
I love this perfume, I always have the feeling that I can't get enough of it in my nose and have to sniff it all the time. In the car, when the air gives off that smell... heavenly!
Shelf life
After 13 hours still the same vanilla pear smell, but now very close Sillage good. The room smells softly, also here applies:
Somehow intense, but not that it would be overwhelming.

If I had not already collected so many perfumes, this would definitely be a candidate as a signature fragrance.

Upgrade: I had to order the big flacon as long as it is on sale.
My friend Gemma
Gemma's kind of special You have to warm up with her at first. I wouldn't go so far as to say you have to eat a bag of salt with her, no way. But just at the beginning of her visit, the start is usually bumpy, she comes across somehow slightly squeaky-synthetic, as if she was sucking a sweet tangerine-pear-sweet. She's not screeching now, but she's louder.
She's not really like that.
At the beginning I thought "Boaaaahhhh, no, she's funny, I hope she'll leave soon!" But I couldn't get rid of her that quickly
You can also notice this, if you spend a longer time with her, she becomes uncomplicated and pleasant.
Her favourite food is vanilla pudding, and she really likes wooden bowls and vases. When she comes to visit, she usually brings some jasmine, a little rose and a tiny lily of the valley for the wooden vase she gave me. It really smells so nice together, the flowers with the wood, and Gemma's vanilla pudding. This smell displaces the initial squeaky sweetness.

Our meetings usually last about 3-4 hours, then she doesn't feel like it anymore and says goodbye slowly but surely.
In summer we probably meet more often, in winter she probably never likes meeting friends so much.

Oh, yeah I like Gemma. :-)
Reconciliation
After the wild pears of Montale drove me like wild to the washbasin, today I blindly grabbed Gemma's Paradiso from my scent dealer - and now while tasting a delicious clear pear floats towards me, which still experiences aquatic things through the mandarin.

This "gemstone" from Cavalli has again completely reconciled me with the pear note.

Actually, I like this fruit in fragrances because it has something flowing - and not sticky.
And Gemma di Paradiso has perfectly implemented this clear sweetness.

The Cavalli pear was still covered with soft vanilla sauce - and is enjoyed in the garden - next to jasmine - and rose bushes.

A delicious fragrance - but no gourmand - it is too transparent for that.
But that does no harm to its durability.

In addition, the beautifully cut bottle is reminiscent of a green emerald.

A pleasant coincidence just to get hold of this appealing fragrance, where I just hardered before with the Montale pear.

Skilful is skilful.

Thank you, Mr Cavalli.

Der Weg ins Paradies....
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Roberto Cavalli

Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Her by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli (2012) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud al Qasr by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Tiger Oud by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud Edition by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Her (2013) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Essenza by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Silver Essence by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Acqua by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Him by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Black (Eau de Toilette) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Deep Desire by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli (2002) by Roberto Cavalli Oro by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli I Love Her by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo La Notte by Roberto Cavalli