Just Cavalli Him 2013

Version from 2013
Just Cavalli Him (2013) by Roberto Cavalli
Just Cavalli Him (2013) is a perfume by Roberto Cavalli for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-synthetic. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPaprikaPaprika
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.12.2020.

Spicy Leathery Cologne
This really smell's good, but projection and longivity are weak.

If the performance was good enough maybe it will take high rate and get hyped by the fragrance community.

Even with the weak performance, still good scent.

6.5/10
2.5

Deefit
"A fresh leathery wood, sensuous and envelopping"..
..or so the card accompanying my sample says. We'll see about that.

I spray some on the back of my hand and wait a few seconds. I take a deep breath, exhale and then take short whiffs. My first thought is that I've smelled this before. Not specifically, but generally. My first impression would be that this is a rather generic fragrance. But in all fairness, I let the top notes settle and wait for the heart. Vetiver on top of a leather base. For comparison I have sprayed some of Fendi's Fan di Fendi Pour Homme on the back of my other hand. Why? It is a personal favorite of mine and it's a leather based fragrance as well.

Just Cavalli Him has a slight sweetness during the opening and the first 15 minutes or so. After that, it settles into a somewhat sharp, woody scent. But underneath lies a warm and soft leather. And that is pretty much it. I've smelled leather in fragrances before. This hardly comes close to what I've smelled before, it is extremely soft. When I bring my nose back to my other wrist, I am surprised by how strong the Fendi still is at this point. The Cavalli is so much softer and dare I say weaker.

So now we're 30 minutes in and my initial impression hasn't changed. The Cavalli is generic and synthetic. I usually enjoy a simple and straightforward composition, but in this case it is just boring. The sweetness is mostly gone now, but somehow I find it hard to believe that this is just vetiver on leather. My nose seems to pick up other notes as well. I do get more and more of the leather now, although it's soft and synthetic. When I put my nose back on the Fendi on my other hand, I also get a synthetic leather, but the rest of the composition works really well with it. It's a lot more woody with the cedar and the cardamom really adds warmth.

Back to the Cavalli again. Nothing changes my mind about this scent. It is a nice scent but it's very soft/weak. Usually I try not to think in labels, but I feel this will be worn more likely by people under 25, 30 max. It's not a bad scent and it has a slight playfulness to it, but the generic smell feels a bit cheap, it's almost ashaming. A lot of inexpensive drugstore fragrances have a similar smell. I looked up retailprices for this and personally would find it a waste of money. There are other fragrances out there that have a similar scent (again, it's not a bad scent) or vibe in general but will at least provide you with decent projection and a nice sillage trail, probably at half the price or less.

ElqwertyElqwerty 3 years ago
This is a really well-balanced fragrance. The spices are not to prominent. A big downside of it is that it does not last long.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A simple acchord, but well composed: the peppery note is noticeable and gives character to the vetyver heart . Not so strong the base

Popular Roberto Cavalli

Just Cavalli Gold for Her by Roberto Cavalli Gemma di Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Deep Desire by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli (2012) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo La Notte by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud al Qasr by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Her (2013) by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Tiger Oud by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Him by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Essenza by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud Edition by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Silver Essence by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Acqua by Roberto Cavalli Oro by Roberto Cavalli Black (Eau de Toilette) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli I Love Her by Roberto Cavalli