Oro by Roberto Cavalli
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Oro is a popular perfume by Roberto Cavalli for women and was released in 2004. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Iris, Coriander, Magnolia, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesApricot, Freesia, Patchouli, Cedar, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.06.2020.

Gold rush
Upright and proud like an obelisk, a divine index finger or a golden column. The golden and seductive snake winds itself around the neck of the bottle and depending on perception probably also around the neck of the test person ;-) He who loves him will perceive the snake rather as an arm tenderly caressing the neck, the hand caressing the face, the cheeks and beguiling the senses to the point of humble devotion. He will remain snake to the others, hungry and on the hunt, lacing up and stunning the senses and remaining in their embrace until the last breath.
If liquid gold would smell like oro, I would want to bathe in it, regardless of my allergic reaction to gold jewelry. I couldn't say no, in spite of the pain to come. I wouldn't even try. I couldn't do it. Or is it a non-will?
Oro is gripping from the first moment on. He took my heart with the first sprayer and kept it firmly under control. A clearly green apple, picked too early from paradise, makes its way through the air between me and the bottle. A spicy breeze of flowers follows him and nibbles at his green cheeks. After a few moments, in which I am already halfway lost, a juicy velvety apricot and quite a lot of cinnamon mix up most perceptibly for me, to the initial notes whirling in the air. Little wood, amber and musk round off, but all the more a dense vanilla note, but not over-sweetened enough to form a nice counterpole to the other components. If everything had been flute playing so far, she would have underlaid it with some bassoon. Exactly this music is now completely overwhelming. Almost every minute, Oro undergoes new changes, invites you to discover new scent paths and arouses curiosity and fascination in equal measure. How can a fragrance "live" like that?! Rarely have I experienced so many facets as I am offered here. And the wondrous and spectacular play of aromas with my senses never diminishes. It stretches over the whole day and pulls out all the stops. With time the apple from the beginning, wood and some cinnamon again pushes a little more into the foreground. Everything seems sirupy and viscous to me. This gold does not drip, it can be descended like a thread before it touches down somewhere. Gourmandy-oriental, fruity-cinnamon and a little vanilla-woody in the finish, that's how I would describe oro. As with all sweet and sweet heavy fragrances, only a well-considered dosage promises to find the fragrance nirvana. Those who exaggerate will mercilessly drown themselves and all others in the heavy gold liquid. Oro will be at home in cool temperatures and safely guide his enlightened ones through the weather with his warming glow and veil. Where might the autumn storms and rough winter moods take us? We don't know, because we are in a gold rush right now...

Common
It starts off too masculine for me. But then it dries down into a spicy vanilla scent with a nice cinnamon note. It reminds me of the vanilla in Casmir, but this one has cinnamon and isn't as sweet; it's spicier.

Longevity already seems to be a problem. I've only had it on for two hours and have to really stick my nose into my wrist to smell it. For a spicy oriental, it should last longer, in my opinion.

It's good; it's okay. Nothing awe-inspiring, but decent. I probably won't choose it very often, due to the extreme masculinity of the opening. I actually gave it to my husband, but he says he won't use it because it's too girly on the drydown, so it seems we are at an impasse!

Spice and strong
Amazing spice bomb with enormous lasting power. Very powerful opening and after 10 mins the miracle is presented with majesty. Do not hesitate at all and try it.One of the best oriental perfumes. The bottle is unusual and must be treated gently. Thanks R Cavalli.

Best in Fall & Winter
Oro is a wonderfully warm, well-composed, modern-style oriental, although not very spicy in my book. Strong & long-lasting without any cloying jasmine!! Sweet but at an adult level, not a juvenile confection! There is something a bit astringent (cedar?) to my nose, and I wish there was more vanilla for my taste. Also, the magnolia note in this is a bit plasticky (or, is it the amber that is plasticky?), but not as dominant, as in other Roucel-composed fragrances such as L'Instant & Tocade. Actually, Oro smells alot like L'Instant & Tocade ... but I digress.

In the summer, Oro is good but not great. In the summer, the cedar in the heart just didn't play nice on my skin. However, in the depths of winter, it is outstanding & gorgeous. Overall, Oro is best in cooler weather - Fall & Winter.

The bottle is tall, slender & fragile - not a bottle that I'd keep in a bathroom with marble or tile. The plastic snake on the neck of the bottle is the height of campy tack.

I do like Oro, and I have been tempted multiple times with insanely low prices at Marshalls. However, thinking about the possibility of another broken bottle that's partly due to an instable design was enough to push my purchase decision from "maybe" to "no way." Of course, I since acquired it in a swap. ;)

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Very masculine top; very feminine base. Spicy and vanilla and cinnamon. A decent oriental that doesn't last long.

by Hatka
by Gwiazdka72
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Roberto Cavalli

Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Her by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli (2012) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud al Qasr by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Tiger Oud by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud Edition by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Her (2013) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Essenza by Roberto Cavalli Gemma di Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Silver Essence by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Acqua by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Him by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Black (Eau de Toilette) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Deep Desire by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli (2002) by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli I Love Her by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo La Notte by Roberto Cavalli