Roberto Cavalli 2012

Version from 2012
Roberto Cavalli (2012) by Roberto Cavalli
Roberto Cavalli (2012) is a perfume by Roberto Cavalli for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Louise Turner

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.07.2021.

You&Me4Ever
I can not remember exactly when I smelled the fragrance for the first time, possibly 2014. I know it was a blind purchase..again been hooked by YT, the old Schlawiner. Flacon liked right away and on orange blossom I was already felt always...or at least at the time I bought it :D

The pyramid makes you think it's a simple scent. A bit floral with some vanilla. But there is so much more in this. It is extraordinary, warm, soft, cuddly. He wraps you up.
Since I have sought him on summer vacation, I associate him with summer, luxurious sunscreen, long beaches, delicious cocktails, tanned skin and everything else that goes with it.
But it's also a wonderful companion in the winter. A warm, cozy blanket that makes you feel cozy.
Its durability and sillage are really super. Although the sillage does not seem so strong to me, my environment takes him yet quite clearly was.

He is not for everyone, has rough edges, but if he comes across well to the opposite, then so right and guaranteed to be addressed! Who he does not like, all the better for me :-p

After a 30ml, 75ml and again half a 75ml bottle, I had smelled myself a bit full. Now 2-3 years later, I missed him incredibly. This feeling, which I associate with him, I really wanted to have again. Since you can get it very cheap, the big bottle was allowed to move in with me again and what can I say! I love it! Still the same ingenious, delicious fragrance.
Alone that I missed him, shows me that he is definitely an all time favorite. And as soon as I can, I'm going to bunker it down!

For me, a successful blind purchase, but should possibly be tested before but times, because he is mMn not the mainstream einreiht.
La Piscine
This fragrance inevitably makes a film play in my mind's eye. Already at the first spray arises in my head the image of the legendarily beautiful Romy Schneider in the late sixties classic "the swimming pool", lying by the pool glittering golden in the sun; half bored, almost sluggish by the heavy heat, but with a wild inner fire.
The scent, for me, is also an interesting mix of warmth, heavy and - if you overdo it - headache-generating like the southern French midday sun, and lively, sparkling freshness. According to the fragrance pyramid, I would blame the benzoin/vanilla & pepper/citrus combination for this. For me, the heavy, sweet, warm part is clearly in the foreground, only here and there flashes of fresh, cooling sparks. A great course of the fragrance I do not recognize, with me it only weakens (unfortunately relatively quickly) with time more and more. Too bad that durability and sillage do not have a little more power. The opulent bottle with the glamorous crown, in which the perfume shimmers like liquid gold, is in my view perfectly chosen for this somewhat decadent fragrance

Womanity, passion, sexy, attractive
Vanilla, benzoin, orange blossom +pink pepper start. What a beautiful combo! Dream angel! You can feel this scent=womanity. Passion, love, sexy, femme fatale... Wow. That was gift to my mother. She didnt like at all I used and loved. Attractive woman scent guys. I love it really! Sweet and oriental floral. Bit mature.

The quintessence of feminity
It' s weird that I 've seen so many times this sinuous golden bottle but I never sprayed the scent: I imagined that it could be like the other Cavalli's creations, quite good but very similar and not so longlasting or particular for my taste..
Well, a few days ago I decided to give a chance to this fragrance and a new love at first smell is born!
Warm, sweet, "Golden", sensual, oriental and extremely feminine, this jus was exactly my cup of tea!
First of all I perceived the peppery touch giving a particular character to the bouquet, but immediately I was involved by an orange blossom cloud: warm and round, not at all bitter or too vibrant, made smoother and warmer by the wonderful oriental base notes (tonka bena, benzoin and sweet but not sweetish vanilla).
the sillage is surprisingly good as well as the longevity: wearing this scent is as exciting as wearing a sexy and intriguing lingerie .The botlle too recalls this sense of "Golden sensuality" with its rounded shape and its warm colour. I feel in this scent the true "Cavalli woman", sexy and refined at the same time.
Pity
Honey, I don't think we'll ever make a pair.
The pink pepper in the top note is somehow interesting, but before you know it, it's already gone.
Orange blossom? Apparently there's a twig with only one flower in the game! Unfortunately I don't notice it at all, because the tonka bean spreads immediately after the pink pepper has left. Very broad, in fact.
I like tonka beans, no question. But so affectionate and persevering that everything else is slain, that again is less my case. Even the vanilla hides and only peeps out stealthily.

For some ladies a wonderful fragrance for very elegant occasions, for me unfortunately not. Sorry, sweetheart!

Fruity floral wax polish
I have tested this perfume from a manufacturer's sample many times since 2015 and having seen it on sale at allbeauty.com for £24.95 (a whopping 61% off apparently) I decided to have another go.

So according to the note pyramid this has Pink Pepper as a top note, Orange Blossom as a middle note, and a base of Benzoin, Vanilla, and Tonka Bean.

Not to me it hasn't.

I find this perfume to be extremely fruity with citrus and melon. This fruity achord lasts for several hours, and in fact becomes stronger during the wear until irritation sets in. Underneath all that fruityness there is quite a whallop of vanilla and tonka with a slightly sour benzoin.

The whole has a waxy floor polish scent to it, like a Mr. Muscle or Mr. Sheen pot pouri polish. I don't find it smells like orange blossom or neroli (I'm thinking of Rubj for comparison) but rather a sharpish, sour jasmine. It never developes to a base note skin scent on me and next morning the fruity notes are prominent.

For half an hour or so I find this quite enjoyable, longer than that and the intrusive fruityness with waxy floor polsih florals irritates. It doesn't wash off easily and sticks to fabric tenaciously, so much so that my chair has quite a scented smell from where my arm rested.

On the whole if I wanted a summer perfume with this type of feel I would go for Grossmith Shem el Nessim although at triple the price (undiscounted Roberto Cavalli) it won't be hitting my collection anytime soon.

Nicky
Needs some time to grow....
It feels like it must have a little time to grow. It feels a bit 80's inspired. In your face. Very powerful orangeflower. It was what I felt the most initially, but later it got a little warmer, softer and more woody feel and I must admit that I love tonka beans, so it would not surprise me if it will win in the long run. Need to try it a few more times really.

A rich, syrupy white floral
Roberto Cavalli has been relatively well-received since its release, and in my local department store posters and promotions are everywhere. I was forced to try this fragrance when a sales assistant handed me a scented card and encouraged me to take a sniff.

First of all, I was shocked by the slightly fruity and warm opening. I somehow expected something more floral or more woodsy. I smell zesty orange, pink pepper and perhaps even a hint of peach schnapps.

The fruitiness is fairly short-lived. The heart is where the white florals are at their strongest, with orange blossom settling on the skin in a somewhat syrupy and tonka-bean infused fashion. Essentially, Roberto Cavalli is all about creamy white florals drowning in golden syrup. It's a lot more likable than you'd think.

Roberto Cavalli has grown on me. I can almost see why it's so popular. It has this pleasing depth, which smells quite warm and sensual on the skin. I find both the bottle and the scent rather stylish and rich.

White florals are making a bit of a comeback, and for that I'm very glad. This is one example of a recent release that has done it right. I expect that Roberto Cavalli will appeal to quite a diverse audience; both young and old. It has that hint of classic charm that will most likely draw the older consumers in.

Honestly, it's not the best fragrance that I've ever smelt, but it does have its plus points. The longevity and sillage were good and the composition developed nicely. I recommend.

A flurry of powder
This eponymous fragrance by one of the great masters of Italian pop fashion is not at all what I was expecting! Cavalli's clothes are 'sex kittenish' and sometimes downright wanton ... while this fragrance is quite conservative and meek.

Perhaps Louise Turner was going for a dichotomous effect here, and if so this fragrance does exhibit a certain level of success. The sample package touts it as, and I quote "an ambery, floral fragrance: addictive, sensual and radiant'. I can't say that it's a horrible fragrance because it isn't ... it just strikes me as having the sensuality of a tin of baby powder!
An initial burst of the dreaded Pink Pepper is thankfully short lived by the emergence of Orange Blossom ... which settles nicely into the (very) powdery base of Benzoin, Tonka and Vanilla. I felt the need to look up some of the listed aroma chemicals included and the usual suspects ( citronellol, isoeugenol, geraniol, linalool et al) are all present in this concoction :) ... but the one that truly made me giggle was Benzyl Benzoate.

"Benzyl benzoate, as a topical solution, may be used as an antiparasitic insecticide to kill the mites responsible for the skin condition scabies, for example as a combination drug of benzyl benzoate/disulfiram.
It has other uses:
- a fixative in fragrances to improve the stability and other characteristics of the main ingredients
- a food additive in artificial flavors
- a plasticizer in cellulose and other polymers
- a solvent for various chemical reactions
- a treatment for sweet itch in horses
- a treatment for scaly leg mites in chickens" ........ quoted from Wikipedia.

Horses? Chickens?? SCABIES??? LOL ... not very glamorous right? It seems to be used here for fixative purposes, but other research informs me that it does indeed carry a "faintly sweet balsamic" smell ... well good :) ... at least it's performing some sort of function then! One pauses to think if the great man himself knows what Benzyl Benzoate is ... or is even aware that it lives in bottles of fragrance carrying his name :).

Suffice it to say that Roberto Cavalli EDP is a nice, generic, powdery floral completely out of line with it's provocative advertising campaign. Methinks this would have been much better suited to a short lived celebrity release. Then again, perhaps it is :).

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
so warm and sensual in its Golden bottle, it's the quintessence of feminity. One of my favourites ever. Good sillage and medium-high price
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 5 years ago
Reminds me of a jasmine wax polish mum used when we were kids. Smells quite nice but I can't get past the association with furniture polish

by Dresscode
by Arlufkin
by KittyGlitter
by KittyGlitter

Popular Roberto Cavalli

Just Cavalli Gold for Her by Roberto Cavalli Gemma di Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Deep Desire by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud al Qasr by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo La Notte by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Her (2013) by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Tiger Oud by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Him by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Essenza by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud Edition by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo Silver Essence by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Acqua by Roberto Cavalli Oro by Roberto Cavalli Black (Eau de Toilette) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli I Love Her by Roberto Cavalli Paradise Found for Men by Roberto Cavalli