Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto (2013)

Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli

Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto is a perfume by Roberto Cavalli for women and was released in 2013. The scent is oriental-woody. It is being marketed by Coty.

Louise Turner

Top Notes Top NotesOrchid
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesEbony

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.07.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Rosaviola
Black vanilla in the undergrowth
I bought Nero Assoluto in 2014. I just signed up for Parfumo and my collection started to grow rapidly. I'm sure you've all heard that...
I got to know the scent of Roberto Cavalli while strolling in the perfumery. First I tested him briefly, I liked him and another time I allowed myself a 30 ml bottle.
I was looking for a really oriental, woozy scent. I've loved this since my teenage days, because old opium has always been my favorite scent since I was about 17 years old
Although I do not find it bad my nose has matured in the last 6 years nevertheless very much and I do not believe that I would buy it again. Quite the great love this fragrance never became, something I miss here.
I'll try to describe him sometime. The fragrance pyramid does not indicate many ingredients.
Dark woody vanilla is dominant, but I smelled more beautiful vanilla there. I say only Shalimar or also the vanilla in Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher I like much better.
Then I hear something green-floral that reminds me of "plant milk".
Much dark wood is added to it. Not a bad smell, but somehow it seems too artificial to me and doesn't convince me completely.

Of course you can't compare him with Shalimar, they are completely different worlds. But if I had to choose between Nero Assoluto and Vanilla Noire from YR, I would choose the latter. I find the vanilla much more convincing, rounder and also more natural. I also like the woody one much better. Both fragrances radiate warmth, but with the Yves Rocher fragrance everything looks much rounder.
The two scents are not very similar, but both warm woody vanilla scents. Somehow I spontaneously came across the comparison while writing.
Of course I will still use up my bottle, but I won't buy more.
I think it's this artificial undertone, too much bling bling, that bothers me about this smell.
He certainly has his justification only he does not fit quite to me.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

In the night...
... humans don't like to be alone.

I can only fully agree with this oldie.

Unfortunately I am involuntarily a night owl, because the sandman is obviously busy elsewhere.

I enviously look at the deep slumber of the husband "and often I can't help but nudge him and ask if he can't sleep either.
This interest is not met with much love, and I only get a grunt.

I don't like being up alone.

But now I have a good night companion in Nero.
He is black, like his girlfriend's hangover of the same name, quiet - but still wide awake.
Even if he almost disappears in the dark, his yellow eyes still shine - and follow me attentively.
He lies still, but full of energy - always ready for a hissing jump.
Slightly creepy - and calming at the same time.

His presence does me good - because the night is our world.
Sometimes we are ready to fight - sometimes relaxed.

And this ambivalence is well captured in the fragrance.
The orchid has something delicate, fragile - but the vanilla is full and deep.
Performed on the night black ebony.

I look into Nero's eyes - and they sparkle like stars
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Black...but lighter than I thought
Here we are again: everytime I see on the drugstore shelf a black bottle I think immediately of a strong and intense perfume. But often it isn't so and this is one of those cases.
Nero assoluto is a pleasant and well balanced perfume, although its acchord is very simple , but I was expecting a stronger base note and a better longevity. Anyway, I like it and I think it's a modern fragrance easy to wear and perfect for the happy hours or the summer nights .

More velvety than black
Nero Assoluto (meaning absolute black in English), has a name that doesn't quite fit to this fragrance. I would have expected a way darker perfume just based on the name alone. It is very lovely, dark just right after the initial spray, and then it settles into a smooth, very pleasant fragrance. Almost too shy and too close to the skin, but outstandingly beautiful and velvety. Longevity is not that grand, but I don't mind, because this is really a wonderful fragrance with way more sweetness than darkness, very harmonious and so worth every penny I paid for it. I like it a lot.

10.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

A beautiful Cavalli
Not as black as the name indicates. A beautiful woody floral, one of the best mainstream-releases of 2013. It smells of flowers (synthetic orchid), very controlled and without sweetness. Added to this is a warm vanilla-note with a velvety feel and, of course, some wood ("ebony") to round the harmony. In its amphora-curved flacon, "Nero Assoluto" is as pleasant to look at as it is to use. Could be worn to parties/banquets/theatre etc. together with animal prints like crocodile and leopard - in genuine Cavalli style.

by LadyLuxifer
by Hufing
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Roberto Cavalli

Roberto Cavalli (2012) by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Her (2013) by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Her by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Acqua by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Him (2013) by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Her by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Exotica by Roberto Cavalli Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold for Him by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Uomo by Roberto Cavalli Black (Eau de Toilette) by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Azzurro by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Oud al Qasr by Roberto Cavalli Florence by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Essenza by Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli Tiger Oud by Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli I Love Her by Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto by Roberto Cavalli