Œillères (2017)

Œillères by Roberto Greco

Œillères is a popular limited perfume by Roberto Greco for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesEucalyptus, Lavender, Chamomile absolute, Broom
Heart Notes Heart NotesHay absolute, Pollen, Mushrooms, Frankincense, Cumin
Base Notes Base NotesStyrax, Musk

Submitted by Rivegauche, last update on 22.09.2019

The photographer Roberto Greco had the fragrance made on the occasion of his photo series of the same name. 519 pieces have been made.

10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Amazing Art
What I think is that you have made a great perfume, not so conceptual like in the style of comme de garcons, but rather a unique combination that reminds me of Bandit and Salvador Dali PH. In the base the ingredients bring you into an introverted world, there is mysticism and hermitage without they're stepping on. You're just one step above all the rest.no smiles, no joy, no balloons, only you watching the world under you...great balanced aroma,not for every day and more importantly, not for everyone.Great job!!! Respect!!!

Bravo!
The expression of "anti-flower" really makes sense here as the scent is floral without representing a specific type of flower. Instead it's the representation of the whole spectrum of a flower; earth, growth, blossom, withering and decay.

This turns Oeilleres int a highly conceptual and philosophical piece of art; a thought provoking and associative fragrance that portrays the fragile being of a flower in the perspective of our own human flesh.

Oeilleres starts off with a herbal blast of chamomile, a touch of eucalyptus and a distant lavender. Quickly it transforms by letting hay and cumin notes take centre stage, but it never turns sweaty, thanks to the earthy contributions of the mushroom and pollen notes.

Eventually a mighty styrax takes over, lending a leathery aspect to the composition.

All the way through the drydown Oeilleres transforms and morphs with my skin, all while it stays true to it's conceptual foundation. It keeps conveying its story, expressing something about humanity, which is what I love about this level of perfumery. I can't compare it to anything, it takes its own sovereign position in the span between classics a la Caron (Narcisse Noir and Fleurs de Rocaille come to mind) and avant-garde perfume art.

Superbly done, Roberto Greco and Marc-Antoine Corticchiato, BRAVO!
7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Unique fragrance
First of all thank you Roberto for sending me a sample of Oeillères. Of course curious as I am I had to seek out more info and I learned that the perfume Oeillères was part of an Art Project by Roberto.

Also had to look up what the word Oeillères actually means. As I found out oeillères are blinders worn by horses.

Now of to the fragrance. The first spray of Oeillères is a very herbal blast. I cannot really determine what it is exactly, But it's fresh and warm at the same time and very natural and animalic. Also very different from anything I smelled before, but at the same time Oeillères definitely has the Marc-Antoine Corticchiato signature. The first time I sprayed Oeillères the opening was too overwhelming, but after testing several time I must say I especially like the opening.

After the first blast Oeillères slowly transforms into a warm and easier to wear fragrance. Nothing sharp, but very balanced and refined. Oeillères smells green like fresh herbs and with my nose glued to my wrist I can definitely smell the fresh chamomile. (I might be focussed on it, because I used to pick wild chamomile when I was a kid. My mother boiled it into a brew for my older sister so she could rinse her white hair.) The chamomile is nicely blended with other herbal notes creating a lovely fragrance, although unisex I feel it's leaning more towards masculine. Oeillères also has a slight barbershop smell to it, at least the middle part does.

In the drydown the scent mellows into a warm scent and eases the animalic qualities (but is still slightly present) and it just smells nice, warm and inviting. This stage is definitely unisex. Projection is close to the skin. Very unique fragrance.
6.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

summoning the ghost of Gaia
I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this creation recently.As I wasn't aware of its existence, I intentionally didn't do any research for it, to refrain myself from having any preconceptions prior to sampling it.
Upon application , I experienced a deja-vu notion of sowing/harvesting of the land.
A feeling of running full of sweat on a plantation's damp soil, plant juices(slight chlorophyll aroma), smelling a bunch of plucked field wild flowers with a prominent freshly cut chamomiles (not the dried one in tea bags) and yes pollen filling the air. It is a quite heavy statement fragrance with an unusual spin that will turn heads...either towards or away from the wearer. I am, personally, very very pleased with this perfume. Being quite dense, yet not suffocating, at various times there was aroma-molecule that I couldn't put my finger on. Later on, I was pretty much sure that I smelled immortelle flower, that kept appearing and disappearing.Lastly, during the dry down I think I detected some vetyver, with fresh clean intimate body smell.
After all this time I decided to review this sample and also look its public aroma profile.Boy was I blown away. Very intricate choice of notes, hence the unique final product.Although I am familiar with all the notes listed I wasn't able to detect almost half of them.But the other half were definitely present.
Now for my final verdict, "Oeilleres" has a primal DNA that, to me, represents life at its beginning or final stage, depending where one stands.Even then it has some elements that brighten, dare i say sparkle, the strife. It's projection is inescapable and it's longevity mammoth.I also read that its production is limited to 519 bottles, which explains it's dear price for the 50ml bottles.

Rivegauche 10 months ago
Dry flowers in summery heat, dominated by the signature of Corticchiato: Leather, animals & resins. Creative, powerful & good!+2
9.0
Zago 19 months ago
Based on a half-green, half-animalic anti-flower.
« Anti » because it echoes the flowers without referring to any one in particular.+2

by Rivegauche