Oxford by Roberto Ugolini
Oxford is a popular perfume by Roberto Ugolini for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepperPepper Pink pepperPink pepper Geranium leafGeranium leaf
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood VetiverVetiver SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla PatchouliPatchouli StyraxStyrax

Submitted by Bertel, last update on 01.10.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Blinfluenced
Lots of blue notes - From the sight of a blind
Oxford by roberto Ugolini ( Instagram: @roberto_ugolini_bespoke_shoes ; @the_nose_behind )
Oxford was the first fragrance that I bought from the house of Roberto Ugoline, completely "blind", I have relied completely on the reviews in
the social media channels. I can imagine that someone else also make it this way, but with a perfume in the high-price segment of more than 200 € not normality. But I must admit without reservation that I was not disappointed!

The first spray envelops me with pure freshness, citrus and grapefruit, a nice spicy peppery note rounds off the first impression. After some time, the very fresh opening evaporates and the spice comes through very well tuned,
my compliments to the perfumer! Often I personally feel the pepper note too extreme, here is the necessary balance for me. The spicy tension remains very long, until finally after some time woods join in and give the fragrance a
great finish. The woody aroma in combination with a very slight sweetness is a real dream. | In my head immediately manifest themselves some blue tones, which gradually reach a great homogeneity, a brief touch of purple is
also present. The pepper I perceive not as a color, but rather as many small rough balls that spread in my yet very sensitive nose. Pleasant, very pleasant. The base I perceive as a very dark beige, I think it is due to the
sandalwood and the slight sweetness that round out this great finish.
This fragrance is universally wearable, office, date or even funeral, you can't go wrong with oxford

---
If you like my way to discribe scents just follow me on Instagram :-)
Surferbooi
The Italian Black Afgano for the office?
The Roberto Ugolini has its name from the classic men's shoe Oxford and we also stay directly times with the word classic, which I think applies very well to this fragrance.
So we have here a classic men's fragrance but with modern traits in the DNA, which I like very much - because it does not smell as old-fashioned as terre d'hermes for example. (For many smells the old, not for all!)

But how does the Oxford smell now actually?
So from the top note you would think now we have here a fruity prelude, which I do not find at all.
It is a citrus fresh top note and directly behind it is peppery, spicy and woody.

This peppery spicy also remains for a long time and towards the end it is always woody and woody, so who likes woody scents, is here at the right address!
I can only agree with the people who think that he smells like Black Afgano, so he does not smell 1to1 so like Black Afgano but he has certain moments for me where he reminds me of it.

I think the fragrance fits great in the office or in everyday life, because it is simply not too strong. So you fall in any case on but he does not fill the whole room now.

A fragrance like a shoe
Dear Perfumos,
since this is my first review, I would like to ask you to be lenient.

This perfume lives up to its name. With this I do not want to say at all that the fragrance smells like leather or worn shoe.
It is rather the association and appearance which the perfume and the men's shoe have in common - the classic gentleman.
Elegant, classic, versatil, unobtrusive and yet striking.
But how can an unobtrusive grapefruit, pepper and wood scented perfume yet be so striking? Just by its timeless elegance, which is rarely found today.
An elegance as they can only radiate a gentleman.

A fragrance that you simply notice when entering a room. Even if he has no ambitions to be loud and to be the center of attention, you can not overlook this fragrance. By class, charm and its unobtrusive presence one perceives this fragrance inevitably with great interest.

Anyone who has ever had the pleasure to meet and talk with a true gentleman, knows what I'm talking about. His style, exuding class and elegance, and his character, full of charm and depth, inevitably entice one to converse at length with the gentleman in question and learn more about him and his life.
This is precisely what distinguishes this wonderful fragrance by Roberto Ugolini.

When I spray on Oxford I immediately notice notes of grapefruit and pepper. The longer I wear it on my skin, the more woody and resinous notes come out. After about 5 hours, the scent becomes softer and softer and I notice the light scent of vanilla and earthy patchouli.
This fragrance can definitely not be called a sillage monster. But this would also be completely out of place in my eyes and would not do justice to a gentleman, as I have described him.

Some people only recommend Oxford to 30-year-olds and upwards. To the whole I would like to contradict. It is a fragrance like a shoe. Wearable for everyone, if it is combined appropriately. Whether leisure, office or dinner; this fragrance is wearable in every situation and incredibly versatil. Who wears this fragrance, remains through unmistakable style in memory.

Stylish and good-smelling greetings,
Nico
Gorgeous
A fragrance for fans of woody scents. Wonderful development and very good durability with me.

When spraying on pepper, orange and rose. After an hour fantastic woody aromas with a little vanilla. Great finish and with me the next morning still perceptible. Reminds after three hours extremely Terre EDP with a little more vetiver.

Good craftsmanship of the master shoemaker from Italy! The all-rounder to any occasion for men over 40 years. No young man's fragrance.
Ischgelroi
Elegant and always fitting like a good oxford shoe
I could test Oxford now longer and I can say here right away. The fragrance lives up to its name, he is just always suitable for casual linen shirt, as well as tuxedo. Oxford is like its namesake, always suitable for any situation. In the beginning I was a bit cautious and hesitated whether I should test Oxford, because I was always afraid that it might contain leather and I don't like that at all in perfume. Oxford has fortunately no leather note, which has relieved me very much. Immediately after spraying on the freshness of grapefruit into the orange comes to the fore and is immediately underpinned by spicy and tart notes. I particularly smell pepper, cedar and something sweet here, which probably comes from the sandalwood and vanilla notes. I can't really smell the other notes here, but that's not a bad thing because notes that I can perceive very well make a great scent that just fits in any weather. The exception here would be maybe over 35 degrees. Oxford is a very nice fresh, spicy and slightly sweet scent, which is really very universal. The unisex classification, however, I find not so appropriate, because I can imagine the fragrance by the combination of spicy notes with better on a man, also the name Oxford triggers the association of a men's perfume for me. I think the fragrance deserves much better reviews, but unfortunately the brand Roberto Ugolini is significantly underrated. I can recommend you test Oxford and give the fragrance some time.

Images

13 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Roberto Ugolini

17 Rosso by Roberto Ugolini Marzocco by Roberto Ugolini 4 Rosso by Roberto Ugolini Blue Suede Shoes by Roberto Ugolini Kitten Heel by Roberto Ugolini Azzurro by Roberto Ugolini High Heel White by Roberto Ugolini Loafer by Roberto Ugolini Derby by Roberto Ugolini