Alchimie 1998Eau de Parfum

Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Rochas for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-oriental. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Lilac, Grapefruit, Cucumber, Hyacinth, Cassia, Mandarin orange, Peach, Plum, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesWisteria, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Coconut, Lily of the valley, Black locust, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Caramel, Musk, Sandalwood, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.12.2020.

Mrs. Polly and the hired help. Today: Alchemy
My Outlook calendar tells me that today is my former colleague's birthday. But I don't even have her contact details anymore. I never wrote them down. Nevertheless, Outlook hasn't forgotten that she can celebrate her special day today. And I still haven't forgotten how she used to hang from my neck when I wore Alchimie by Rochas. The right incentive, then, to dedicate a comment today to this sadly discontinued fragrance.

Composed in 1998 by Belletrud, I bought this sweet-spicy oriental, like so many others, on holiday in Ibiza. I suspect it was in 2004 or 2005, as I was holding that job at the time. Looking at the fragrance pyramid today, I really wonder what I liked about it back then. Coconut? Yuck! Cucumber? Oh my! And then lily of the valley? All not exactly the notes I favor. But when I take a second look at the notes, I immediately see why the little Rochas in this adorable bottle has taken my heart by storm. Peach and plum, in fact, are what I find in the top notes, along with the goofy cucumber. As well as a blackcurrant. One look at my collection is enough and you can quickly see that I was on the right track with Alchimie. At the heart, we have lily of the valley, which by the way I quite tolerate in many a fragrance, as well as jasmine and heliotrope, now much appreciated by me. Roses also work for me occasionally, as long as they are skilfully interwoven and we don't have a floral whopper par excellence. And we don't have that with Alchimie, of course.

In the base is then pretty much everything in it, which likes Ms. Pollita anyway. Musk, vanilla and tonka are mostly welcome with me, although tonka must also always hold back a bit. The only thing that makes me a bit suspicious is the sandalwood, but for a nineties fragrance, I assume that cashmeran was not used here, but something of higher quality. This may also be the reason why I parted with all the fragrances similar to my then beloved Alchimie. We had cashmeran everywhere. And it always started to annoy me at some point, at least once the initial enthusiasm had worn off.
Alchemy, on the other hand, never bugged me. Even if I felt the permanent sniffing and Dahinschmelzen my colleague sometimes already as a small bissl annoying. Nevertheless, I've secretly pleased of course, that my perfume has pleased her (and the chicken probably as well ;))

Yes, that was definitely one of the really good ones too. Maybe he may also move back in with me at some point? Am currently anyway on the vintage trip.

Like a Ruby from Burma ... precious and rare
What my nose smells here resembles what my eyes see when they look at a precious Burma Ruby. The eyes begin to shine and a longing is stirring, "I must have you, no matter what!" All those good intentions not to buy any more perfumes are melting away along with the will to even try to resist. Reason is now placed on the back burner.

If I associate this scent with a gem, it would be a Burma Ruby. Velvety, pidgeon blood red color, precious and noble.

This is a very complex, well-balanced fragrance which I cannot easily classify. A floriental, a gourmand, where fruits artfully mingle with flowers, where vanilla mixes with woods ... gently this scent transports me into a dream state.

Not too weak and not too strong. Sweet, but not too sweet.

Most women covet diamonds and only very few know that a pidgeon blood red ruby from Burma is far more valuable. So it is sometimes with fragrances. Many have been underestimated and still are.

Admittedly, this perfume has escaped me until today. Was it the marketing? Was it the choice of name?

I don't know. I will never own a ruby from Burma, I just cannot afford it. But I will trace and find, and own, this rare jewel among fragrances ... at no matter what the cost.
(Translation: Pipette)

by Miki68
by ELDE
by ELDE

Popular Rochas

Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas