Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas

Zora
26.06.2013 - 05:09 PM
Helpful Review

Like a Ruby from Burma ... precious and rare

What my nose smells here resembles what my eyes see when they look at a precious Burma Ruby. The eyes begin to shine and a longing is stirring, "I must have you, no matter what!" All those good intentions not to buy any more perfumes are melting away along with the will to even try to resist. Reason is now placed on the back burner.

If I associate this scent with a gem, it would be a Burma Ruby. Velvety, pidgeon blood red color, precious and noble.

This is a very complex, well-balanced fragrance which I cannot easily classify. A floriental, a gourmand, where fruits artfully mingle with flowers, where vanilla mixes with woods ... gently this scent transports me into a dream state.

Not too weak and not too strong. Sweet, but not too sweet.

Most women covet diamonds and only very few know that a pidgeon blood red ruby from Burma is far more valuable. So it is sometimes with fragrances. Many have been underestimated and still are.

Admittedly, this perfume has escaped me until today. Was it the marketing? Was it the choice of name?

I don't know. I will never own a ruby from Burma, I just cannot afford it. But I will trace and find, and own, this rare jewel among fragrances ... at no matter what the cost.
(Translation: Pipette)

Latest Reviews

ZoraZora 8 years ago
Toboggan - Brisson

Toboggan Cinnamon Stars Over Paris
While I was visiting Grasse, I was fortunate to step into the past and admire the beautiful vintage perfumes inside a museum. With many of these treasures I have asked myself what these scents actually would smell like or what stories...

ZoraZora 8 years ago
Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) - Creed

Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) A fresh bouquet of flowers
It was about 2 weeks ago and I had the urge to visit the big city and of course seek out the largest perfumery in Zuerich. Now it was time to examine Creed. I was advised and assisted and, at the end, found myself with 4 different...