Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) Eau de Toilette

Version from 1993
Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Rochas for men and was released in 1993. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Gilles Romey

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Basil, Bergamot, Lime, Mandarin, Lemon, Lemon verbena
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Carnation, Jasmine, Coriander, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.08.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

A Beautiful Fresh Citrus Fragrance
A stunning fresh citrus fragrance that just never stops giving. From the beautiful burst of lemon and lime in the opening to the herbal floral's in the mid-notes this scent has it all.

The way the fresh citrus mixes in with the florals that lead to the woody base has you wondering why the fragrance cost is so affordable.

The projection is moderate and I get about six hours from a healthy six sprays. As it's a citrus fragrance you can be generous in it's application.

I cannot express enough how good this smells for a freshie, it smells better than scents five times it's price. Big thumbs up from me!
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Not at all oldschool
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
Mmmmmmmmm................................................................................................
These were my first reactions when I sprayed Eau de Rochas for the first time. I'm just on vacation and it's so 26 degrees and the thing came just right.

I was and still am looking for beautiful fresh scents at this time of the year and then I came across Eau de Rochas. Although he just turned 25, I didn't know him, but he sounded good and different than the scents I currently have and because he was very cheap, I ordered him blind
Funnily enough I found it one day before it was delivered at Müller here in town and of course couldn't resist testing it immediately to see what would await me.
But I was immediately positively taken and the joy for the next day grew again.

The next day he arrived and the ambience couldn't be better.
I stood in the garden, in the sun and sprayed this wonderfully fresh scent on myself, after I had unpacked the package.

It starts great citric, lime and lemon I notice immediately. Spraying as it should be.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
What followed was a very quick transition to the herbaceous. I perceive basil for a long time, which I find very beautiful in it, paired with some flowery parts, which are only easy to guess, but everything very clean, very fresh. The citric is indeed preserved for a long time, but there is no trace of boredom, because it becomes a bit more bitter and spicy, which makes it even more interesting.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
Yes the blindbuy was worth it, it sounds a bit mossy and I was thrilled.

The shelf life is ok and for a citric fragrance well present for 4h, then it goes on close to the skin.

Conclusion: 25 years and not a bit oldschool.
If you need something fresh and are looking for something else besides fresh fruit, you should keep your nose on it.

The bottle is also quite chic, lets the fresh scent suspect.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
The best lemon fragrance?
After wearing more than half of my bottle, I decided today to test my Eau de Rochas Homme.
Opening: Strong zesty Lemon-Bergamot-Lime-Verbena loveable explosion. One of the best citrusy opening I have ever experienced.
DryDown: Still a citrusy ambiance but with a strong Vetiver and Moss domination.
Magnific blending.
Average performance; Above average performance for this type of fresh fragrance.

Let us see what the maths tell us about this EDT:
Scent opening: 9.5 (my judgement)
Scent dry down: 7.5 (my judgement)
Longevity: 7.5 (average for the existing notes)
Sillage: 6.5 (same as longevity)
Uniqueness: 8.0 (Many similar fragrances although this one is superior to most of them)
Wearability: 7.0 (Mild to hot weather - Day scent)
Versatility: 7.5 (sports, office, leisure, beach, picnics, barbecues... very versatile in all day activities)
Quality: 8.5 (my judgement)
Presentation: 8.5 (nice bottle, not tacky; good sprayer)
Price: 8.0 (100 ml for € 20.00 + VAT)

Overall rating for this fragrance: 7.85/10.00
Highly recommendable for citrus scents lovers which is not my case.
7.5 2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Best in Lemon Class..?
I have tried various lemon flavored perfumes... But Rochas Homme is notably the best ! at least for me...

Now the perfume... You open the bottle and the freshness of lemon have surrounded you... Spray it... Oops ! That is horrible !!! It is so strong in the beginning... and I was just thinking this is familiar and very familiar...

When you pluck a thorn from Lemon Tree the same smell is the beginning... that is too strong... so ensure you don't spray a lot !

The fun begins after few minutes... the aroma settles and gives way to a herbal freshness with lemon being a strong ingredient... But the aroma is professional and very professional for an official meeting...!

You will have a standout feeling all the time... the only issue is longevity it is not lasting in my skin... projection is average to good... Sillage I should say is very poor. You leave the place and there is no trace of the aroma.

I suggest this for a meeting or could be used for a date... not for sport !

But definitely a better Citrus Aroma. Cheap and Best !

Fresh, energetic, well balanced
Eau de Rochas Pour Homme is an (apparently) simple yet well crafted citrus scent. But it's not just that...

It opens with sharp, sunny top notes of lime, bergamot and lemon verbena followed by a more subtle aromatic note of basil: it's obvious from the start that this is a fragrance for glorious spring or summer days. Yes, it's heavy on the citrus. But it is, I think, one of the better designer citrus fragrances around; and as we all know, citrus fragrances abound.

The heart in Eau de Rochas Pour Homme is a beautiful, refined blend of flowers — white for the most part. This, I find, gives the fragrance lightness and elegance. In Geoffrey Beene's Bowling Green, a strong pine needle note reinforces the citrus right from the top. Here, instead, it is much more subdued but nonetheless lifts up the floral accord in the heart, makes it more interesting and gives it depth. Nice touch.

Transitions are well marked in this fragrance but longevity is average, and we soon reach a warm woody (and, to some extent, resinous) drydown; vétiver and cedar play the main role here, assisted by fainter notes of oakmoss. I can't say that I can detect any musk, eventhough it is supposed to be there. But I don't think it's actually needed.

To summarise: Eau de Rochas Pour Homme is a classy, fresh, energetic, refined and well balanced fragrance...

Carlitos01 51 days ago
Zesty Lemon-Bergamot-Lime-Verbena explosion, making one of the best citrusy opening I have ever experienced. If you like citrus, go for it!+5
9.0
DPArtist 13 months ago
Tested today: wow! This is a luscious lemon-zest surprise for me! But it's a whole lot more than another summer citrus scent. Timeless gem.+2
6.0
9.0
Syzygy73 16 months ago
More chypre than citrus. Oakmoss is the star in this wonderfully blended old school summer scent that nods elegantly to Chanel's Monsieur.+3

Eau de Rochas homme
by Powershot
by Undsoweiter
Eau de Rochas homme, rechts das ältere Verpackungsdesign, der Flakon ist aber unverändert geblieben.
by Powershot
by Kouroi
by Miaw2
by Miaw2

Popular Rochas

Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Tocade (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lumière (1984) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Poupée by Rochas Secret de Rochas by Rochas