Lui Rochas by Rochas / Marcel Rochas
Bottle Design Agence Love

Lui Rochas is a popular perfume by Rochas / Marcel Rochas for men and was released in 2003. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesSycamore wood, Bison grass, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.01.2020.

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Green déjà vu
Am I the only one for whom "Lui Rochas" smells like a direct relative of "Sculpture Homme", but even more so "Antidote" by Viktor & Rolf?

But really so close, in the blind test I would have insisted that this is a new edition or a flanker of it.

And I'm not saying that antidote smells like sculpture, but..
Okay, okay... I'll take the trouble. So Antidote and Sculpture share the following notes:
Bergamot, orange blossom, lemon (grapefruit), mandarin, rose geranium, lily of the valley (vs. violet), amber, tonka bean, cedar.

Now these are only the matching notes (similar notes in brackets), but even without the notes in brackets it would be enough to recognize a sufficient match.

Somehow both have something green and balsamic about them, and while Antidote is more of a powdery, floral style, Sculpture is more of a fresh, cologne-style approach.

Anyway, my nostrils will ring every alarm bell when I hear Lui Rochas. For me, this is clearly a green, balsamic, slightly sweet scent that reminds me of these two,- and in a very positive way.
The result is a really good and pleasant smell, more interesting and expressive than Sculpture, but more portable than Antidote (for me this is simply more artwork than daily companion).
Really pleasant, charismatic, individual (people don't often smell like this), and even signature-worthy.

I strongly recommend you to test the fragrance, many will like it and it is really timeless.
9.0/10

GMK
The Legend died in Oblivion.
Many of the classic fragrances have unfortunately been discontinued or reformulated , i dont know if its a money making strategy by introducing new aquatic, bland watery , cheapo synthetic things or something else but LUI was undoubtedly an underrated fragrance , smells very natural and has some soothing elements.
Whenever I wear this legendary fragrance I feel like very special, receive tons of compliments and always think why they discontinued such a marvelous scent, anyway I have managed to keep some juice with me for rest of my life.

Stunning stuff.

Criminally underrated
The “classic” citrus-woody masculine fragrances (what was once the original and only “eau de cologne”, shortly) have always been quite an issue for me. I respect them and most of them smell really nice for me, but (call me shallow) a really boring kind of nice. I never owned one, mostly because I always find them too light and inoffensive; more than proper “fragrances” as I like to enjoy them, they seem more toilet waters to splash on after a shower and forget about them. Something fresh and clean, and that’s it. Usually with a crap longevity, too. Nothing wrong with that; just not my cup of tea. Well, Lui by Rochas is finally the first citrus scent that amazes me instead – not only I like it, I am literally *amazed*. Briefly put, it is a sort of soapy, woody citrus scent with a dark amber-patchouli shade: from this description it may seem the most generic, demure and boring masculine designer ever, but on the contrary... well, for some reasons that I don’t get (I guess this is the “magic” which sometimes sets the difference between good scents and mediocre scents), it smells incredibly good. Irresistibly good, much (much!) more than it may seem. It has a really peculiar dense texture which makes it velvety, bold, sophisticated in a sort of sharper, more “self-conscious” way than most of other citrus-centered “barbershop” scents – which are often more understated. The “trick” here is probably the warm roundness of amber and the earthy darkness of patchouli, which blend together with a hint of vanillic dust to create a richer scenario for the formal and clean brightness of the citrus-woody (and slightly floral) notes. The result is this irresistibly distinctive, refined, pleasant scent: clean and cozy on one side, making it versatile and safe, but with creative and unusual darker nuances making it something more than that – a true statement of contemporary elegance. Perfect projection and fantastic longevity. Ridicolously good, criminally discontinued, grab it if you find one.

8,5/10

by Mustafa
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular Rochas / Marcel Rochas

Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Tocade (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Absolu by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Poupée by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Secret de Rochas by Rochas / Marcel Rochas Lumière (1984) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas / Marcel Rochas