Moustache 2018Eau de Parfum

Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas
Top 90 in Men's Perfume
Moustache (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Rochas for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Benzoin

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.01.2021.

Reminds me of BigRed gum
I have actually hoped for a replacement / alternative for the Davidoff Adventure. Unfortunately, this hope went down after 2 seconds.

In the opening nevertheless briefly interesting fresh, spicy, woody, resinous,. Complex but somehow good. But after 2 minutes it smells somehow only after BigRed gum that is for me but permanently not nice.
Probably it is the benzoin. I would then spontaneously say that it is more suitable for people Ü40.

The Flacon is mega cool a 10/10 including lid and spray head.
The hype it deserves in my opinion but not :(
HenrikBlau
Fruit and roses or The scratchy moustache
Although I have already found an autumn and winter perfume. But of course the samples I have already procured still invite you to try them out and comment on them. And it is also simply exciting to know what is going on in the fragrance universe. Thanks to Corona's limited working and social life I have a lot of time to test at the moment. And in the meantime I also made closer acquaintance with the species "Perfume-Youtuber". There Rochas Moustache EdP appeared on the various top lists again and again. I don't need to. But "To have is better than to need." - so I just ordered a bottle from the souk and tried it. And actually not much has been written about this fragrance yet. So I hope you'll find my commentary helpful
FLAKON
Have a bottling, therefore no comment and no rating on the bottle.

DURABILITY & SILLAGE
With 5 sprays the scent on my skin lasts for about 6 hours. Immediately after spraying the projection is strong, but 30-40 minutes later it is already limited to the close range. After 2 hours the scent is almost skin-tight. So not very persistent or assertive. But appropriate for most occasions.

STEAM or STEAM RUN
Immediately after spraying a strong pink pepper note dominates. Spicy, fresh, fruity, hardly hot, a little austere. After a few minutes tangerine and rose are clearly added. For me the tangerine is more sour than sweet and without any effervescence. No tingling or intensive citrus freshness, as it comes to my nose when peeling one of these fruits. The rose note shows a natural looking, restrained paleness. Goes in the direction of rose geranium and is on the whole rather discreetly and greenishly-inspired, instead of exuberantly pompous or sweet. In the background, the base notes are already present fairly quickly, rounding off the rose-tangerine-pepper mix with a pleasantly woody, spicy, balsamic and sweet note. Apart from the smell, Moustache develops a very exciting and pleasant texture for my nose (from 20-30 minutes): cuddly and ticklish, almost furry. But much softer than a moustache. More like rabbit or cat fur. In the further course of time, this is reflected quite soon. The pepper slowly but surely disappears, it becomes altogether woody-spicy and a bit sweeter. After 2-3 hours even rose and tangerine on my skin are gradually weakening. After about 4 hours a vanilla-woody base remains with a minimal residual floral spice.

APPLICATION
To my mind, Moustache EdP is light and pleasing enough to function as a spicy, booming-sweet evergreen (possible exceptions: sports and hot days). The fragrance is more in line with "male" fragrance conventions, but can be worn by everyone. For me personally, the scent of roses has always been very mature, with fine and expensive/ noble connotations. So maybe it's nothing for teens or twens. But please don't see all this so close together. Who likes it should wear it
CONCLUSION
By far not a bad smell, but not really convincing for me either.
I find the combination of rose and tangerine very creative and unusual, but in this case it takes some getting used to: Acidified rose? Slightly floral-"squeeze/stuffy" (Indian?) tangerine? At times the two do not seem very fresh to me. Almost a little overripe or withered. A matter of taste.
The big weakness of Moustache I see at the base or in the "dry-down". Here the fragrance gets unpleasantly sourish-bitter-scratchy nuances. The sweetheart agrees and adds that it also has something of "salty-hot sea air". Well, right. It does indeed strongly remind me of some "blue" fragrances (e.g. "Blue Seduction for Men"). After some internet research I suspect that the scent in question comes from some (cheap?) synthetic cedar or wood scent, which is also often used in "blue" scents. I find this not only unpleasant, but also somehow thematically inappropriate.

Ultimately, the overall impression is more "hmm" than "mmh". I'm glad that despite the online hype and low price I didn't just buy blindly.
Thojama
What a stupid name for such a beautiful perfume
Admittedly, "Moustache" sounds nuttier for a perfume than "Moustache", so I prefer to think of the beautiful scent rather than the translation of the name. What you might have thought of when naming the perfume probably remains a secret. Or does any of you know more?

Now I bought the Moustache in the 125 ml version as a blind purchase (what a racket!) and have not regretted the purchase. For me it is an elegant evergreen, for every season and every occasion. Others may look at it differently, but thank God the scent remains subjective
I perceive the tangerine indicated in the fragrance pyramid more sourly than sweetly, which is possibly due to the cedar wood. This fresh scent stays with me for quite a long time, but I like it. At the beginning I also notice a strong similarity to the Bentley Infinite Intense, but not as pungent. The Bentley then remains rather straightforward, less noble and fine. After about 1 hour the Moustache wraps around you like a second skin and becomes softer without losing its freshness. Everything is well interwoven, balanced and nothing is disturbing. I don't notice much of the patchouli though - maybe later, in a few hours ;-) The shelf life is very good even with only two sprays, the sillage is pleasant, which might not be the case with much more sprays. The flacon is probably one of the most beautiful ones currently available.

Conclusion: Those who want an eau de parfum with an unbeatable price-performance ratio should have a closer look at the Moustache or simply buy it blind. There is nothing wrong with the price. The quality is fantastic and you are always up for it.
Solid blind purchase
I bought it blind after many reviews, because I like Tuxedo very much.

Moustache is solid, good, lasts long and projects quite strongly.
I do see a certain similarity to Tuxedo, but the often praised 90%, unfortunately not.

Nevertheless, great scent especially for the price. I will now like to wear it more often in autumn.

MrHonest
Eau des Missions takes up smoking
Seconds. Is literally how long it took before I was reminded of another fragrance - Eau des Missions Cologne from Le Couvent des Minimes (EdMC). The benzoin is basically identical and the way it combines with the rose and mandarin give it the same, slightly warm plummy vibe. But whereas EdMC gets nice and thick with the vanilla and myrrh, cuddling up to the fireplace mid-winter, Moustache edp remains rather thin, opting for an ashy pepper to give it its smoky jacket.

And smoky is how we like it. The only problem is that I've encountered the same accord before in CH Men Prive from Carolina Herrera - only tweaked for a tasty cardamom. Fortunately, Moustache doesn't quite go in the same leathery direction. Try as it may to feign virility, the rose and benzoin keep the cedar from becoming too heavy and unbalanced. Instead, the blend melds into perfect harmony at the hour mark, when the patchouli extends her arms and wraps herself around the lot like a maternal fog. And there it remains, linear and scheming for the duration of the fragrance.

Overall, it's certainly a familiar affair, perhaps more timid than both EdMC and CH Men Prive, but more versatile and just as enjoyable. There is a tinge of maturity about it, owing to the touch of cigarette ash and rose, but not overly so. Would've been nice if there was a bit more heft to the base, but I suppose that may have compromised the versatility. What else can I say? It's a perfectly pleasant and perfectly unisex benzoin fragrance with a touch of city-dwelling patchouli and decent longevity. But is it worth the price? I should think so! If you don't already own 200 mL of EdMC at £10 that is. Otherwise, it may be a redundant and somewhat lackluster purchase.

PS, if you're looking for something more woody, boozy or leathery, give Bentley's For Men Intense a try, or better yet, Cartier's Pasha de Cartier parfum in a comparable price range. Personally, I would class both releases to be far superior to this one.

Hide and seek
What an amazing scent by the house of Rochas! A mild spicy-woody scent that is giving you wonderful blasts during the day. I considered it to be a little too subtle, but maybe I’m just getting noseblind as it gives me quite a lot of compliments. Great release, especially given the low price. So glad I bought this one!

Sexy classy scent!
I´ve never smelled Tuxedo so I can´t speak about similarities. For me, this juice is almost niche. If we grab this juice and drop it on a 200 euros bottle of a niche fragrance, I can see a lot of people saying its well worth the money. Longevity is good and the projection is moderate to low. Not a big deal when my bottle of 125ml cost me 20 euros. Yap, It was that cheap. It doesn't hurt my wallet when I have to reapply it. Awesome job, Rochas. This is a winner, for sure.
KnowThis30
Fragrant art for the narrow/fitting purse
Before I start with my review for "Moustache" by Rochas, it is important to clarify that I have no knowledge whatsoever of the fragrance "Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo" by Yves Saint Laurent - which is repeatedly used as a comparison in the few existing online reviews (allegedly approx. 80-90% similarity)!
So...this small detail out of the way, I have now fixed the following five criteria before my evaluation: Scent, silage, performance, bottle, application and price
Scent:
Opening with a good pinch of pink pepper, the fragrance does not convey the tangerine as prominently and sweetly as Chanel's "Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême", but I think I can at least imagine that it tames and tames the scent of pepper a little. Other scents, which also carry the pink pepper in the top note, seem much stronger to me. All in all, the top note lasts only a few minutes, but then merges relatively unnoticed into the heart note and should therefore not disturb anyone.
As I already wrote in my statement, the heart note - to my mind - is very similar to the heart note of Givenchy's "Gentlemen Only" from 2013, both of which are made mostly of cedar, but have completely different accompanying fabrics around them. While Givenchy's vetiver gives the fragrance a rather pungent wood note, the rose used in "Moustache" makes it rounder and softer. It's as if you were smelling the same piece of wood, but with "Moustache" you smell it from a greater distance, which makes the impression less oppressive but more coherent. The scent of cedar is still part of the base note for a while, but the heart note leaves the skin after about 1.5 - 2 hours.
Contrary to initial expectations, the sweetness of the fragrance is subtly restrained even in the base note with its patchouli and the vanilla-like scent of the benzoin it contains. Yes, "Moustache" certainly ends in several sweetish variants, but at no point does it seem overloaded with this sweetness, as the remaining cedar - even if only faintly perceptible - restrains it at all times. And in this way the scent remains without any further development before it finally leaves the skin after another 2-3 hours or so.

Sillage:
As far as the silage is concerned, the fragrance plays this strength out wonderfully, especially in the heart note and in the transition to the base. The pleasant woody note, combined with a slow onset of sweetness, ensures that one leaves a sufficient and perceptible, but never oppressive scent trail. Only the pepper in the top note might cause a short twitching of the nose for some, but for all the others it should be long gone because of its short presence. In the base note, and thus at the end of its life, "Moustache" becomes a very tight "skin-scent", so it is hardly noticeable except for the person wearing it and very close other people.

Performance:
On the subject of endurance, opinions seem to be very divided. While "Moustache" on my skin disappears after about 5 hours, it should still - at least according to the online reviews" - easily last 8 hours or longer with some other person. Not bad at all, in my opinion this would be the point where the greatest potential for improvement would be found, especially since this fragrance is an eau de parfum concentration.

Flacon:
Here, "Moustache" or Rochas plays along with the greats of the fragrance indestry without any problems or even outstrips them. The flacon looks valuable and stable, has a well-functioning spray head and a high-quality (at least in terms of weight) metal cap. Despite, or perhaps because of, the ribbed surface of the glass, the bottle (in all sizes) sits securely in the hand. The look (in my eyes nice to look at) is, however, as always a matter of taste, as a certain reminiscence of times gone by - the original "Moustache EDT" dates back to 1949 - cannot be denied
Possible applications:
Thanks to the rather moderate sweetness of this fragrance and the generally rather reserved projection (the topic "spraying over" is not considered here), "Moustache" can be used wonderfully in leisure time, as well as in the office or similar locations. It can also be used in different seasons (which I don't believe in anyway - you will never complain about a good scent because of the weather). If at all applies: the warmer, the less sprays should be used because of the sweetness.
There should also be no limit to the age of the person wearing the perfume (and yes, I think this categorization is nonsense, too). Only the younger candidates among us should be aware before a potential blind purchase that "Moustache" is none - I repeat: none! - Fragrance of the category "Bleu" à la "Sauvage", "Bleu de Chanel" or e.g. "Dylan Blue".

Price:
If there's one thing you can't blame "Moustache" for, it's probably its excellent pricing policy or the grandiose relationship between high-quality fragrance, bottle size and price.
Just like e.g. "Bentley for Men Intense" or "Encre Noire" you get a high quality fragrance with a more than great price tag, which makes you wonder how much extra charge the company name alone might cost some other brands.
Just for orientation: I was able to secure the 75 ml bottle at a price of just under 28 €.

Conclusion:
So who is "Moustache" the right scent for? In any case, you shouldn't expect a loud market crier who also casts a spell over the environment with his uniqueness. Even a fragrance that covers most of the
It is (probably) not to be found here. Moustache" is much more a discreet - in some moments very quiet - perfume, slightly reminiscent of old times, which compared to its Eau de Toilette from 1949 (or the new version "Moustache Original 1949" from 2018), however, has been extensively changed or adapted to today's noses in order not to appear old-fashioned.

ParisTexas
Pleasant aroma chemicals and tons of vanilla
Many frag heads say that this perfume smell like YSL Tuxedo, but my first impression was rather to smell the same kinds of aroma chemicals found in Dior Fahrenheit Parfum. At first it seems quite pleasant but the ingredients used are not as good as those in Tuxedo. Not bad, but finally, not so impressive and a bit boring.

Not great not terrible
Almost sparkling opening of citruses mainly orange and mandarines, like a dry version of Fanta after all sugar taxes in the EU.

More dryness on dry down, with accords of vanilla but still with bitter oranges. It reminds me a bit Aperol Spritz an Italian aperitif cocktail consisting of prosecco, Aperol and soda water.

I'm really disappointed with longevity which on my skin is 3-4h and then it is not even a skin scent.

AdamStraightAdamStraight 20 days ago
Opening is awesome, the heart note becomes quite uncomfortable and in the base note it just gets the curve. Anyway Interesting scent.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Benzoin-vanilla high-class, doesn't project very far but lasts on the skin. Powdery vanilla goodness
GreMuserGreMuser 4 months ago
Wonderful hidden gem ✨ Elegant and sophisticated, for the price a must have. 8 out of 10
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Opening with a fruity and peppery scent. Rose and cedarwood give the fragrance a elegant touch. In the drydown, vanilla and dark patchouly.
TsoTso 4 months ago
I get a bit strange projection with Moustache EDP. On my wrists it doesn't project much, but inside my elbows I can smell it just perfectly.
AspvlAspvl 4 months ago
Maybe one day I'll understand the hype with this one. For now, I can only get a slug of Iso E Super and an annoying ambermax vibe...
TorkeTorke 4 months ago
Smells so sophisticated and well done.
A 200€ fragrance with a 30€ price tag.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Rose woods then dry to a vanilla scent....it's beautiful and very similar to ysl tuxedo. Bottle and spray are excellent.
JuanjinikoJuanjiniko 1 year ago
I love this perfume.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This new Moustache EDP is a pleasure to wear with its rose-cedar middle accord & the benzoin-vanilla ending. I miss the vintage lemon scent.

Ist der Wischmopp verschlissen genug...? #wear&tear Verschleiß für Fresh21
Anflug zur Landung-Hexenküche???
by Camey5000
by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
by Tauruscent
by Tauruscent
No wild hair up your... moustache...
by Lacrimalus
by Dustinrdh
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Rochas

Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas