Moustache 2018 Eau de Parfum

Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas
Top 85 in Men's Perfume
Moustache (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Rochas for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.10.2021.

Good Quality/ Price report
I didn't like this fragrance at first but now I really like it So i'm gonna try to give you a helpfull review .

01/Scent: the scent is peppery at the opening which can be a bit hars for some; after that it cools down to a beautifull scent of vanilla
Rating: 03,5 /5
02/Originality: I didn't test a lot of fragrances so i'm more of an Amateur, so for me I found the scent really Original not something that I can find in other perfumes
Rating: 04 /5
03/Versatility: It's mostly male fragrance, I think that you can use it in Cold,Cool and warm days so anything except for hot summer days, you can use it both at day or at night time, I don't think of it as casual fragrance it's more classy so for occasions.
04/Longevity: After few tests on my skin the longevity was like 6 hours
Rating: 03/ 5
05/Projection: moderate projection maybe 60 - 70 cm especially for the first 02 hours
Rating: 03/ 5
06/Sillage: the sillage is below average it doesn't last long after u leave a room
Rating: 02/ 5
07/Value: the price Is Good comparing to other perfumes with weaker performance
Rating: 4/ 5
08/Compliment: the scent is very noticeable, the opening is kinda strong though so i'm not sure if they are gonna like it but they will most certainly wonder about that smell
Rating: 04/ 5
* Overall rating : 03,20 / 5
Indexmanager
Luxury fragrance at a discount price
I paid 24.99 online and this was one of my best blind buys. The scent is almost identical to Tuxedo. I just tested that again the other day at Douglas on KÖ. Tuxedo projects perhaps a little stronger, but by one to two sprays more you can compensate for that loosely.
In any case, this "quality difference" is not worth almost 300 euros. In passing, you will not notice any difference, at most in the side by side comparison.
The bottle is heavy and looks chic. What I do not like is the "puddle sprayer". And the old-fashioned name certainly did not contribute to the success of the fragrance. Because the fragrance is anything but old-fashioned. It smells elegant, chic, fresh, but with depth.
Terre d'hermes in sweet
Rochas Moustache smells for me in the opening like Terre d'hermes only a little sweeter with a slight "petrol" note but only in the opening ... then he is fruity (tangerine) and especially sweeter ... and that's the problem i don't like sweet scents... i thought Moustache would be something different but at the end it develops only after sweet vanilla syrup that sticks thick and viscous on the skin *gag* sorry is not at all mine ... Durability and sillage are also so average ... not bad but not really good ... fits the price I would say ..
Heldenvater
Problem or solution? Well, both!
"My name is hero father - and I have a problem"
"Hello hero father."

Sometimes I am tormented by the thought that I now already have more perfumes than I can ever wear.
And yet:
My collection grows and grows...
...and there seems to be no end in sight.

The goal is to build as complete a collection as possible, covering all moods, all weather conditions, all occasions, and all audiences.
Is that possible? No. Is that a bad thing? No! Because the journey is the destination...

As extensive as my collection is, though, there are perfumes that I reach for over and over again - and Moustache is one of them.
What a fragrance!

So warm, so soft, so round and classy.
Of all the stated ingredients, I smell at most the wood and benzoin out; mandarin, pepper or even rose I do not smell at all - but is not bad at all. The perfume is so harmonious and beautifully composed that you have to get it again and again from the shelf - and want to smell again and again.

I prefer to wear it when it's heading towards autumn, but in theory you can wear it all year round. And for any occasion - whether in a casual T shirt or a shirt.
In summary: a great fragrance, versatile and all-weather.

If you now still pull the price into the calculation, there is no way around Moustache.

Moustache is a really very good perfume, which has quickly become one of my favorites - an absolute recommendation!

MrGoodSmell
The rose for the gentleman
After I had Moustache already longer time under observation, it was recently so far and I dared the blind purchase. Since I count Chypredüfte to my favorites, I was more than excited about the composition of Rochas.

With the rose was questionable, as this would finally be incorporated. But since I already know this component from various oud fragrances and have since learned to love, I was surprised at Moustache. At no point does it deny its delicate and delicate nature. The rose definitely comes through but in a much gentler and charming way than is the case with numerous pure rose scents.

Especially for the entry into the world of fragrances, Moustache thus represents the perfect choice for newcomers. Just in relation to the price, Moustache offers an incredibly high quality and sophistication, which can be compared with one or the other representative in the niche segment. If Moustache would be distributed under a different name by one of the leading niche suppliers, then this would certainly be one of the bestsellers!

Now that sounds like the all-inclusive package, doesn't it? Unfortunately not quite!

The quality is beyond doubt, only I have found with me and in my environment, the Moustache rather weak projections. Also the durability is rather average with me, so that my use is strongly limited by this. Moustache is therefore rather recommended as a dating fragrance. But also ideal for a visit to a fancy restaurant, where you do not want to stand out at any price with his fragrance. Due to the projection weakness, I recommend a slight overdose + fragrance on clothes, then you should come reasonably through the evening.

Overall, Moustache is a real gentleman fragrance, which is easier to like than similar representatives from the field. For all those who are still thinking, there is an absolute purchase recommendation from my side!

Eletus
This is magic, a distinguished, warm, cozy, sexy scent
This is magic, a distinguished, warm, cozy, sexy scent. For gentlemen hypster, this is close to a great work of perfumery niche, for those who have had the opportunity to have CH men red ribbon, it will bring that memory in its output (by the common notes that share vanilla, amber, floral), but here the pepper and tangerine give their big play for quite some time, then the exquisite and juicy rose, along with vanilla make it function of warmth, it is a fragrance for gentlemen who already know what they want, it is not playful, it is a weapon of seduction ready to draw on night appointments, it is a fragrance that generates quite a few compliments to the feminine side. Many announce that its weak point is its duration and projection, and perhaps in this plays an important role the PH of the skin, but the truth is that its real duration goes for the 6 hours well planted, projecting the 2 and 3 first hours, enough for that ideal date, dinner, or share with family. It can definitely be a signature fragrance, unfortunately in Latin America is difficult to get and if you get their prices are very high, fortunate in Spain and Europe that can get this jewel for approx. 30 - 35 Euros bottle of 125ml. In the collection you have to have it if.
Beautiful composition Nathalie

Aroma : 9
Longevity: 8
Projection: 8
Versatility : 8
Feminine Olfactory Perception : 10
Price : 9
Overall : 8.8

Tiens!

MrLawman
To put the Tuxedo comparison's to bed
Rochas Moustache EDP vs YSL Tuxedo (or the other way around)
Main similarities
- They share the same vanilla vibe
- Both are orientals at their core
- Both have the same cakey vibe

Main differences
- Tuxedo opens fresh and green (particularly violet and bergamot, the coriander is inserted/playing along with the black pepper).
- Tuxedo's violet note gives off an acidic vibe mainly due the rose I believe (the rose in itself is hard to detect; it fades away rather quickly)
- Tuxedo's dry down is a warm patchouli with vanilla in particular
- Tuxedo has a salty vibe from the ambergris (fades away when the scent settles down)

- Moustache doesn't start off green (doesn't have green top notes either) but it does open fresh (mandarine, no bergamot like Tuxedo)
- Cedar is quite prominent in Moustache; Tuxedo on the other hand has no woody vibe (has no woods listed at all)
- Moustache is warmer than Tuxedo, because Moustache is not patchouli heavy (which can smell green and earthy)
- Moustache is less pungent than Tuxedo (same reason)
- Would classify Moustache as a warm spicy and Tuxedo as fresh spicy

Overall performance
- Tuxedo has a more powerful sillage and projection. Also performs longer and better.
- Moustache is a softer scent that sits closer to the skin fairly quickly

Design
- In this regard I prefer the bottle of Tuxedo. Personally I dont like the design of Moustache. Looks kind off out dated

Price
- Moustache (no further explanation needed)

Which one would I choose?
- Moustache
- I like my patchouli's to be pungent, green and powerfull (Psychedelique style), so personally Tuxedo wouldn't fit in my collection.
- The price difference is also too steep for my liking

Will this be the last time a cheap alternative can/will be able to dethrone the more expensive, luxurious trendsetter? Only time will tell...
Niche at discount price
The Rochas Moustache is perfect for the stylish charming gentleman or short for the well-groomed man.
The fragrance is strongly reminiscent of some high-quality niche fragrances a la Layton and Tuxedo The fragrance can be good to wear special occasions such as weddings, round birthdays or special celebrations. The fragrance is smells very noble and high-quality, which is also reflected in the flacon.
This is very massive, but seems a bit stale and classic, even the name unfortunately does not quite fit.
From the fragrance come many Pleasant woody resinous fragrance components to the fore and especially the tangerine in the heart note I smell initially very strong and find you very rounded and pleasant. Then the fragrance develops nicely into a masculine slightly spicy classic men's fragrance.
MaKu
Moustache... What does the name itch !?
He is called Moustache, not "mustache" ^^
He could also wear any other name, what he does on the skin is crucial, otherwise Nix.
My 2nd of Rochas, the "Original 1949" is the other.
The mixture of sweet and spicy I find super in the relation, the beginning is already very promising, his heart note with rose and cedar I find class not too strong, but present enough and pleasant over a long time. Already the Org. 1949 had me under its spell with its incredible creamy warmth, now this EdP...^^
This is for me a Wässerchen to feel simply even in it well, a fragrance that lets me participate in the "lightness of being", or brings to it.
AND..... for 39 € 125ml for me the best I have ever bought !!!!
Chapeau Rochas....
HAMMERDUFT for 30 Ocken!
What I have bought in recent years partly for a scrap and for quite more money than for the Moustache!!! I was born in the 70s and therefore of course a friend of fragrances of the 80s and 90s, be it Background, Relax, Joop etc., accordingly, my signature fragrance was so far also the said Background by Jil Sander in whose possession I am fortunately still. Recently, the aforementioned Moustache has become my new signature scent. Why is that so?
As I said, I've been through quite a few and there have been good and bad experiences, where the bad do outweigh the good. Now I have, although I no longer wanted it a blind purchase of the said Moustache dared. (At 20€ for 75ml it was worth the risk to me ;-) Despite the good reviews I went with few expectations to the first test but the first spray had already caught me, such a coordinated loveliness I have not smelled for a long time in a fragrance. For me there is also no fragrance twin with which I could compare it, but what you can definitely say is that it radiates a mad elegance with a lot of warmth. I perceive all fragrance notes clearly and that does not often happen to me, because I am absolutely no professional super nose.

I can simply identify with this fragrance and that is extremely important to me! Similarly, I was then with Jil`s Background or Zinos Relax.

Durability & Sillage
He keeps with me Locker 9 hours and on the clothes 2-3 days and is room-filling 2-3 hours perceptible.
The price performance I find even more outstanding, usually you have to reformulate the BUNKERN, because Rochas as with the "Rochas Man" but like once.
Blind purchase: YES SURE, but you should be clear that you acquire a sweetish fragrance. Wearable he is in my opinion at any age in autumn, winter and spring.

MrLawmanMrLawman 5 months ago
Nice soft vanilla scent (first layer) that is accompanied by a dose of cedar (second layer) and benzoin (third layer). Pricewise its stellar
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Damn, what a fragrance. Boozy, sweet, sexy. If I would recommend a blind buy this is it
JFP26JFP26 6 months ago
A sophisticated mix of orange, woods and resins. I find it very chic and it can be worn all seasons all occasions. People will like. Good!
HugoMontezHugoMontez 6 months ago
Roma Uomo revisited. Opens up with a pink pepper note and violet leafs. Dries down to a sweet benzoin reminiscent to Roma Uomo. 3/5
AdamStraightAdamStraight 10 months ago
Opening is awesome, the heart note becomes quite uncomfortable and in the base note it just gets the curve. Anyway Interesting scent.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 10 months ago
Benzoin-vanilla high-class, doesn't project very far but lasts on the skin. Powdery vanilla goodness
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Wonderful hidden gem ✨ Elegant and sophisticated, for the price a must have. 8 out of 10
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Opening with a fruity and peppery scent. Rose and cedarwood give the fragrance a elegant touch. In the drydown, vanilla and dark patchouly.
TsoTso 1 year ago
I get a bit strange projection with Moustache EDP. On my wrists it doesn't project much, but inside my elbows I can smell it just perfectly.
AspvlAspvl 1 year ago
Maybe one day I'll understand the hype with this one. For now, I can only get a slug of Iso E Super and an annoying ambermax vibe...

Ist der Wischmopp verschlissen genug...? #wear&tear Verschleiß für Fresh21
Anflug zur Landung-Hexenküche???
by Camey5000
by Tauruscent
by Tauruscent
No wild hair up your... moustache...
by Anneken
by Parfumlove90
by Sasynix
by Sasynix

Popular Rochas

Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) (Parfum) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (2015) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas