Moustache 2018 Eau de Parfum

Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas
Top 90 in Men's Perfume
Moustache (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Rochas for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Benzoin

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 07.05.2021.

MaKu
Moustache... What does the name itch !?
He is called Moustache, not "mustache" ^^
He could also wear any other name, what he does on the skin is crucial, otherwise Nix.
My 2nd of Rochas, the "Original 1949" is the other.
The mixture of sweet and spicy I find super in the relation, the beginning is already very promising, his heart note with rose and cedar I find class not too strong, but present enough and pleasant over a long time. Already the Org. 1949 had me under its spell with its incredible creamy warmth, now this EdP...^^
This is for me a Wässerchen to feel simply even in it well, a fragrance that lets me participate in the "lightness of being", or brings to it.
AND..... for 39 € 125ml for me the best I have ever bought !!!!
Chapeau Rochas....
HAMMERDUFT for 30 Ocken!
What I have bought in recent years partly for a scrap and for quite more money than for the Moustache!!! I was born in the 70s and therefore of course a friend of fragrances of the 80s and 90s, be it Background, Relax, Joop etc., accordingly, my signature fragrance was so far also the said Background by Jil Sander in whose possession I am fortunately still. Recently, the aforementioned Moustache has become my new signature scent. Why is that so?
As I said, I've been through quite a few and there have been good and bad experiences, where the bad do outweigh the good. Now I have, although I no longer wanted it a blind purchase of the said Moustache dared. (At 20€ for 75ml it was worth the risk to me ;-) Despite the good reviews I went with few expectations to the first test but the first spray had already caught me, such a coordinated loveliness I have not smelled for a long time in a fragrance. For me there is also no fragrance twin with which I could compare it, but what you can definitely say is that it radiates a mad elegance with a lot of warmth. I perceive all fragrance notes clearly and that does not often happen to me, because I am absolutely no professional super nose.

I can simply identify with this fragrance and that is extremely important to me! Similarly, I was then with Jil`s Background or Zinos Relax.

Durability & Sillage
He keeps with me Locker 9 hours and on the clothes 2-3 days and is room-filling 2-3 hours perceptible.
The price performance I find even more outstanding, usually you have to reformulate the BUNKERN, because Rochas as with the "Rochas Man" but like once.
Blind purchase: YES SURE, but you should be clear that you acquire a sweetish fragrance. Wearable he is in my opinion at any age in autumn, winter and spring.
Successful
So I'm surprised it's that good.

Was a blind buy after several YT videos. The emphasis is on Nice you can say so :)

And you see, after spraying on ensnares me a sweet-harsh slightly into barbershoppige, but still high quality sexy fragrance, of which I just get hungry with each note, really super.

The has really class.

Did not think that I can expect such a quality for the price.

Real recommendation for the small money.
Mustache
So I can absolutely agree with thojama's comment. The name isn't all that appropriate, unless you associate a mustache with a fine, thin moustache worn by an elegant Frenchman who enters the restaurant wearing a white shirt and attracts attention. But that's not necessarily obvious, I admit.

I have ersoukt me despite the low price a sample to test him first, because the last Blindbuys were not quite so tingly. But the fragrance you can safely buy blind, because it is one of the few, where a look at the fragrance pyramid is enough to get an idea of what to expect. Nothing extraordinary or surprising happens here.
It opens with a very nice, fruity tangerine that starts to tingle slightly with the pepper. The rose also comes in fairly early. I thought at first that it might be a bit too feninine for me, unless the patchouli slowly joins in. But that also happens over the course of the first hour and gives the rose an earthy, drydown touch, which works to its advantage. Especially in conjunction with the ( almost delicious ) juicy tangerine.

The longevity is fine, as is the sillage. More you do not really need to know and there are certainly people who can describe it all nicer than I did. It remains simply to say that it is a very nice men's fragrance with rose. ( Creed Viking? Not even close. ) In addition, I can imagine him actually almost every occasion. For the price, this is a super fragrance that many say is niche quality. I'm always wary of such terms, but you can definitely notice the high quality.

Will come into my collection,

- Roadrunner
Reminds me of BigRed gum
I have actually hoped for a replacement / alternative for the Davidoff Adventure. Unfortunately, this hope went down after 2 seconds.

In the opening nevertheless briefly interesting fresh, spicy, woody, resinous,. Complex but somehow good. But after 2 minutes it smells somehow only after BigRed gum that is for me but permanently not nice.
Probably it is the benzoin. I would then spontaneously say that it is more suitable for people Ü40.

The Flacon is mega cool a 10/10 including lid and spray head.
The hype it deserves in my opinion but not :(
HenrikBlau
Fruit and roses or The scratchy moustache
Although I have already found an autumn and winter perfume. But of course the samples I have already procured still invite you to try them out and comment on them. And it is also simply exciting to know what is going on in the fragrance universe. Thanks to Corona's limited working and social life I have a lot of time to test at the moment. And in the meantime I also made closer acquaintance with the species "Perfume-Youtuber". There Rochas Moustache EdP appeared on the various top lists again and again. I don't need to. But "To have is better than to need." - so I just ordered a bottle from the souk and tried it. And actually not much has been written about this fragrance yet. So I hope you'll find my commentary helpful
FLAKON
Have a bottling, therefore no comment and no rating on the bottle.

DURABILITY & SILLAGE
With 5 sprays the scent on my skin lasts for about 6 hours. Immediately after spraying the projection is strong, but 30-40 minutes later it is already limited to the close range. After 2 hours the scent is almost skin-tight. So not very persistent or assertive. But appropriate for most occasions.

STEAM or STEAM RUN
Immediately after spraying a strong pink pepper note dominates. Spicy, fresh, fruity, hardly hot, a little austere. After a few minutes tangerine and rose are clearly added. For me the tangerine is more sour than sweet and without any effervescence. No tingling or intensive citrus freshness, as it comes to my nose when peeling one of these fruits. The rose note shows a natural looking, restrained paleness. Goes in the direction of rose geranium and is on the whole rather discreetly and greenishly-inspired, instead of exuberantly pompous or sweet. In the background, the base notes are already present fairly quickly, rounding off the rose-tangerine-pepper mix with a pleasantly woody, spicy, balsamic and sweet note. Apart from the smell, Moustache develops a very exciting and pleasant texture for my nose (from 20-30 minutes): cuddly and ticklish, almost furry. But much softer than a moustache. More like rabbit or cat fur. In the further course of time, this is reflected quite soon. The pepper slowly but surely disappears, it becomes altogether woody-spicy and a bit sweeter. After 2-3 hours even rose and tangerine on my skin are gradually weakening. After about 4 hours a vanilla-woody base remains with a minimal residual floral spice.

APPLICATION
To my mind, Moustache EdP is light and pleasing enough to function as a spicy, booming-sweet evergreen (possible exceptions: sports and hot days). The fragrance is more in line with "male" fragrance conventions, but can be worn by everyone. For me personally, the scent of roses has always been very mature, with fine and expensive/ noble connotations. So maybe it's nothing for teens or twens. But please don't see all this so close together. Who likes it should wear it
CONCLUSION
By far not a bad smell, but not really convincing for me either.
I find the combination of rose and tangerine very creative and unusual, but in this case it takes some getting used to: Acidified rose? Slightly floral-"squeeze/stuffy" (Indian?) tangerine? At times the two do not seem very fresh to me. Almost a little overripe or withered. A matter of taste.
The big weakness of Moustache I see at the base or in the "dry-down". Here the fragrance gets unpleasantly sourish-bitter-scratchy nuances. The sweetheart agrees and adds that it also has something of "salty-hot sea air". Well, right. It does indeed strongly remind me of some "blue" fragrances (e.g. "Blue Seduction for Men"). After some internet research I suspect that the scent in question comes from some (cheap?) synthetic cedar or wood scent, which is also often used in "blue" scents. I find this not only unpleasant, but also somehow thematically inappropriate.

Ultimately, the overall impression is more "hmm" than "mmh". I'm glad that despite the online hype and low price I didn't just buy blindly.
Thojama
What a stupid name for such a beautiful perfume
Admittedly, "Moustache" sounds nuttier for a perfume than "Moustache", so I prefer to think of the beautiful scent rather than the translation of the name. What you might have thought of when naming the perfume probably remains a secret. Or does any of you know more?

Now I bought the Moustache in the 125 ml version as a blind purchase (what a racket!) and have not regretted the purchase. For me it is an elegant evergreen, for every season and every occasion. Others may look at it differently, but thank God the scent remains subjective
I perceive the tangerine indicated in the fragrance pyramid more sourly than sweetly, which is possibly due to the cedar wood. This fresh scent stays with me for quite a long time, but I like it. At the beginning I also notice a strong similarity to the Bentley Infinite Intense, but not as pungent. The Bentley then remains rather straightforward, less noble and fine. After about 1 hour the Moustache wraps around you like a second skin and becomes softer without losing its freshness. Everything is well interwoven, balanced and nothing is disturbing. I don't notice much of the patchouli though - maybe later, in a few hours ;-) The shelf life is very good even with only two sprays, the sillage is pleasant, which might not be the case with much more sprays. The flacon is probably one of the most beautiful ones currently available.

Conclusion: Those who want an eau de parfum with an unbeatable price-performance ratio should have a closer look at the Moustache or simply buy it blind. There is nothing wrong with the price. The quality is fantastic and you are always up for it.
Solid blind purchase
I bought it blind after many reviews, because I like Tuxedo very much.

Moustache is solid, good, lasts long and projects quite strongly.
I do see a certain similarity to Tuxedo, but the often praised 90%, unfortunately not.

Nevertheless, great scent especially for the price. I will now like to wear it more often in autumn.

MrHonest
Eau des Missions takes up smoking
Seconds. Is literally how long it took before I was reminded of another fragrance - Eau des Missions Cologne from Le Couvent des Minimes (EdMC). The benzoin is basically identical and the way it combines with the rose and mandarin give it the same, slightly warm plummy vibe. But whereas EdMC gets nice and thick with the vanilla and myrrh, cuddling up to the fireplace mid-winter, Moustache edp remains rather thin, opting for an ashy pepper to give it its smoky jacket.

And smoky is how we like it. The only problem is that I've encountered the same accord before in CH Men Prive from Carolina Herrera - only tweaked for a tasty cardamom. Fortunately, Moustache doesn't quite go in the same leathery direction. Try as it may to feign virility, the rose and benzoin keep the cedar from becoming too heavy and unbalanced. Instead, the blend melds into perfect harmony at the hour mark, when the patchouli extends her arms and wraps herself around the lot like a maternal fog. And there it remains, linear and scheming for the duration of the fragrance.

Overall, it's certainly a familiar affair, perhaps more timid than both EdMC and CH Men Prive, but more versatile and just as enjoyable. There is a tinge of maturity about it, owing to the touch of cigarette ash and rose, but not overly so. Would've been nice if there was a bit more heft to the base, but I suppose that may have compromised the versatility. What else can I say? It's a perfectly pleasant and perfectly unisex benzoin fragrance with a touch of city-dwelling patchouli and decent longevity. But is it worth the price? I should think so! If you don't already own 200 mL of EdMC at £10 that is. Otherwise, it may be a redundant and somewhat lackluster purchase.

PS, if you're looking for something more woody, boozy or leathery, give Bentley's For Men Intense a try, or better yet, Cartier's Pasha de Cartier parfum in a comparable price range. Personally, I would class both releases to be far superior to this one.

Hide and seek
What an amazing scent by the house of Rochas! A mild spicy-woody scent that is giving you wonderful blasts during the day. I considered it to be a little too subtle, but maybe I’m just getting noseblind as it gives me quite a lot of compliments. Great release, especially given the low price. So glad I bought this one!

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 10 hours ago
Damn, what a fragrance. Boozy, sweet, sexy. If I would recommend a blind buy this is it
JFP26JFP26 10 days ago
A sophisticated mix of orange, woods and resins. I find it very chic and it can be worn all seasons all occasions. People will like. Good!
HugoMontezHugoMontez 22 days ago
Roma Uomo revisited. Opens up with a pink pepper note and violet leafs. Dries down to a sweet benzoin reminiscent to Roma Uomo. 3/5
AdamStraightAdamStraight 4 months ago
Opening is awesome, the heart note becomes quite uncomfortable and in the base note it just gets the curve. Anyway Interesting scent.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 5 months ago
Benzoin-vanilla high-class, doesn't project very far but lasts on the skin. Powdery vanilla goodness
GreMuserGreMuser 7 months ago
Wonderful hidden gem ✨ Elegant and sophisticated, for the price a must have. 8 out of 10
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Opening with a fruity and peppery scent. Rose and cedarwood give the fragrance a elegant touch. In the drydown, vanilla and dark patchouly.
TsoTso 8 months ago
I get a bit strange projection with Moustache EDP. On my wrists it doesn't project much, but inside my elbows I can smell it just perfectly.
AspvlAspvl 8 months ago
Maybe one day I'll understand the hype with this one. For now, I can only get a slug of Iso E Super and an annoying ambermax vibe...
TorkeTorke 8 months ago
Smells so sophisticated and well done.
A 200€ fragrance with a 30€ price tag.

Ist der Wischmopp verschlissen genug...? #wear&tear Verschleiß für Fresh21
Anflug zur Landung-Hexenküche???
by Camey5000
by Tauruscent
by Tauruscent
No wild hair up your... moustache...
by Anneken
by DAV
by Parfumlove90
by Parfumlove90

Popular Rochas

Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Rochas