Moustache Eau de Toilette Concentrée

Moustache (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Rochas

Moustache (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) is a popular perfume by Rochas for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is citrusy-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 17.06.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas, which differs in concentration.

Konsalik
Concentrée or nectar concentrate?
Before the new edition of the cult mustache is to be launched, I wanted to test the predecessor as unbiasedly as possible - especially since one of our experts for old-school masterpieces, Yatagan, in his commentary on the new version, attributed the vintage model a good dose of "animality", which is not to be found in the new version. Since I now always have an open ear or an open nostril for refined noble pipi fragrances, it was obvious to try a souk here. And why not try the Concentrée now? I can take it!

[Disclaimer:
Strangely enough, no other perfumo comment - not even the "normal" EdT - corresponds to my description of the fragrance. Since the filling itself smells "intact", I do not assume a tilted dissolution.]

On the back of my hand an impression of fragrance unfolds, which I did not see coming despite all the preparation by reading the commentary. Basically I smell a (thank God!) strongly diluted version of "Kouros" (The vintage version! Urinary full-fat step!) - but with what diluted? The fragrance mixes an oranginess that does not have much in common with typical perfume citric. It gives the fragrance a strange permeability and lightness, but without any flesh. Indeed: The smell reminds me (strangely enough in the most pleasant way) of orange nectar! And that's to the diluted version from the drinking packs of our childhood (Sunkist!). This "hollowed out" fruitiness robs the fragrance of the mids and basses, if this picture from the acoustics is allowed, but this circumstance seems to do "Moustache EdTC" well, it is already mixed in its plant "untenrum" (*räusper*) very strongly anyway
Thus the old version of this Schnüffel-Schnöppis presents itself to me as an airier, discreetly fruity variant of "Kouros", but without the viscous, tart honey soap, which gives its reformulation - in my eyes extremely successful - an elegant body. Somehow I am missing the "flesh" in the course of the fragrance in a striking way, e.g. in the form of a classical spicy counterpoint, so that I draw a little dot from everything I like. For the 2018 version, however, this gives hope. For just as in the case of "Kouros" its new edition has gained resonance space and depth through a contemporary reduction of the Zibet portion, I also see corresponding possibilities here. So I'm looking forward to an opportunity to get to know "Moustache 2018".

Popular Rochas

Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas