Poupée (2004)

Poupée by Rochas

Poupée is a perfume by Rochas for women and was released in 2004. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Anne Flipo

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine, Nutmeg, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.06.2019.

8.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Strawberry Shortcake Doll in a Bottle
Created by Perfumer Anne Flipo, Poupee is a delightful, playful, quirky fragrance that is very true to the name (which is French for "doll", not to be confused with poop by the ignorant and/or immature).
I find the scent linear, the accord created by the combination of Gardenia, pineapple, and tuberose leading this very unique fragrance with the other notes playing subtle but key supporting roles. The end result is the scent of a vintage Strawberry Shortcake doll.

The fragrance is very light so I spray heavily with this one and find that it lasts for a brief time (1-2 hours before reapplication), but I don't mind because this one is far from over-priced. The simple bottle with the strangely-flocked orange cap give testament to the quirky scent inside.
I learned about Poupee from a friend months ago and decided on a full bottle after she sent me a sample.
As mentioned before me, this will likely appeal to those of you who have very diversified tastes. Overall, I'd give her a solid seven out of ten.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Fruity Tuberose
Poup`ee by Rochas is a fragrance worth discovering. It is often overlooked as it's not the most popular Rochas scent, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. It is one of those fragrances which should appeal to people with diverse taste.

Poup`ee tends to have two distinct phases throughout the composition. The first part is a buttery white floral which later fades into part two, an uplifting and frivolous pineapple scent.

In some ways Poup`ee caters to all those in favour of white florals and fruity florals. I found it both fascinating and perhaps a little odd that it opened with tuberose and gardenia and dried down to pineapple. Usually, in a scent pyramid, these notes would be the other way around.

Buttery tuberose can sometimes be a struggle to wear in terms of skin chemistry and seasons. Some may feel put off right from the very beginning, especially since it struck me as a youthful, lighter and fresher version of Robert Piguet's Fracas. Do not fear. Once the pineapple accord makes itself known, the tuberose isn't as noticeable.

Personally, I find Poup`ee unique and incredibly pleasing. I'm not a massive fan of pineapple, as I don't like its acidic nature, but in Poup`ee it's tolerable. I am very glad to have given this fragrance a fair chance.

I would say that the longevity is good and the sillage soft, but not weak. It is best suited to wear during Spring and Summer, and the occasional Autumn days. I recommend.

Originally written: July 28, 2012.

Dolly Darling
This opens with a fresh burst of pineapple and jasmin and then moves to an airy gardenia tubereuse and finally a weird neither here nor there waxy nutty finish. It was the finish that finished Poupee for me. I do not understand why such a pretty "Lily Cole" of a fragrance was given such sensible shoes! I gave this to my daughter, who loves it by the way, although she does wear Uggs with her pretty summer dresses.
2.5 7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Poup'ee 'Poopy'
This smells simular to Coty's Sand and Sable both have Gardenia Dominates both of those perfumes. Gardenia to me does not do any favor on my chemistry even
with the Drydown of Pineapple nutmeg and Jasmine can not persude me to like this perfume.
it has a Like Sand and Sable a strange
Urine scent. i think it's the Gardenia
is making it like that.

I Don't Really care about this Perfume.

by Keikona
by Keikona
Shown with an antique cornhusk doll ;-)
by AFreimann
by Somebody
by Somebody
by Annkom
by Annkom
by Ridicule
by Ridicule

Popular Rochas

Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Tocade (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lumière (1984) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Secret de Rochas by Rochas