Poupée by Rochas

Poupée 2004

AFreimann
18.06.2019 - 06:51 PM

Strawberry Shortcake Doll in a Bottle

Created by Perfumer Anne Flipo, Poupee is a delightful, playful, quirky fragrance that is very true to the name (which is French for "doll", not to be confused with poop by the ignorant and/or immature).
I find the scent linear, the accord created by the combination of Gardenia, pineapple, and tuberose leading this very unique fragrance with the other notes playing subtle but key supporting roles. The end result is the scent of a vintage Strawberry Shortcake doll.

The fragrance is very light so I spray heavily with this one and find that it lasts for a brief time (1-2 hours before reapplication), but I don't mind because this one is far from over-priced. The simple bottle with the strangely-flocked orange cap give testament to the quirky scent inside.
I learned about Poupee from a friend months ago and decided on a full bottle after she sent me a sample.
As mentioned before me, this will likely appeal to those of you who have very diversified tastes. Overall, I'd give her a solid seven out of ten.

Latest Reviews

AFreimannAFreimann 3 years ago
I felt a review was in order as LVEB has become my signature fragrance. I guess you can say I like the basics; basic like a string of pearls, a well-tailored black suit, and tasteful black...
AFreimannAFreimann 3 years ago
In the US, I found one of these online for under $10 USD and have to say the price is right. The scent is nice, though it opens quite strongly, it quickly fades to a skin scent. I haven't tried wearing it on clothing or textiles yet. The...