Rochas Man 1999 Eau de Toilette

Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas
Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert, Michael Forster
Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Rochas for men and was released in 1999. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Green leavesGreen leaves LavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley MuskMusk RaspberryRaspberry
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber CoffeeCoffee SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.05.2022.

Troelsh
Don't let the Coffee note scare you away.
I never thought a Coffee note would be pleasant in something you wanna wear, but I must admit this one has proven me wrong.

The Coffee note harmonizes perfectly with the other notes, which doesn't leave you with the impression of Coffee, the only time you pick it up, is when you smell it up close, and gets less and less noticeable in the dry down.

How does it smell like?
It smells sweet eatable, with a strong lavender vibe, kinda the same as in La Nuit De L'homme, the silage around you is absolutely amazing to my taste.
The smell is quite mass pleasing, and will leave you with lots of good feedback.

While the smell is absolutely gorgeous, it lacks in some other fields.

The Longevity is actually quite good, and I was able to pick it up slightly on my hand 24 hours after being applied, but the silage is under average, and given the silage is where this fragrance shines, its a big let down for me. The projection is around 2 - 3 hours until it turns completely into a skin scent.

I will keep using it, and spraying a lot to get that nice silage around me, but I really wish the smell was a bit stronger.

A Perfect Starbucks Frappuccino Mocha
I approached the world of Rochas for the first time back in 2001, with the masterpiece Aquaman Eau de Toilette, of which he will soon write a few lines. Only recently, I added other elements of this brand, and I'm talking about Femme (2014), Lui Rochas, and lastly Rochas Man Eau de Toilette. Of course, I also own an original vintage Madame Rochas (1989) Eau de Parfum, kindly given to me by my mother. Is it really an imitator of the famous Starbucks drink going back to Rochas Man? Mocha Frappuccino is an iced drink made in a blender. They blend ice, whole milk, coffee Frappuccino base syrup, instant coffee and mocha sauce, then top off the glass with whipped cream. And the Moka is a chocolate-flavoured coffee drink. Let's see if the cologne is genuinely similar to that delicious milkshake.

A sweet and powdery accord paves the way for this oriental, fougére, and slightly gourmand fragrance. The strong opening is an attention-grabber and will pique anyone's interest. The white frosted glass of the bottle is flawless and goes well with the perfume that oozes all its sensual, enveloping, and complex character. I don't get too much harshness from the bergamot. Instead, a powdery, herbaceous, medicinal lavender immediately blends with a familiar hint of cocoa powder and spiced vanilla from the base. If a bit of harshness is there, it soon becomes a delightful sugary cotton candy type scent. I admit I've been very reluctant to buy this cologne because too many reviews claim its sweetness, and I don't like over-sugary things.
Conversely, despite a blind buy, this was indeed a delightful surprise. I love the way the perfumer managed it. Although it sneaks up on me as a very sugary cotton candy scent at first, it is not choking or oppressing.

The talc smattering survives in the heart and welcomes floral and gourmand accords. I catch a bouquet of indole jasmine, more stressed on the paper than on the skin, dusty violet, and a milky veil of dark, creamy, semi-sweet roasted coffee beans similar to cocoa and slightly burnt. I said cocoa because the coffee does not become dark and bitter like an Italian espresso, as in Uomo Eau de Toilette. It is much more like a cappuccino. Unfortunately, the heart never fully reveals the coffee deal. Meanwhile, the herbaceous lavender is still there, not as prominent as in the beginning but smoother and more seductive, a kind of tamer for the wild coffee and vanilla duo.

The cologne bleeds to drier ground, with light woody and musky undertones, and now smells like soft sugary suede, as opposed to a vanilla dessert. It's warm, with just a slight amber note, which gives Rochas that enveloping feeling. I only get a hint of patchouli, which makes the scent more intriguing in the final stage. The rich vanilla blends nicely with what's left of the heart, creating a delicious mocha frappuccino, with hints of creamy wood—blonde sandalwood, I bet—and sparkling flowers. Ultimately, what remains on the skin turns into a sweet musky earthiness, or earthy muskiness, a more animalic moss and less clean laundry.

For me, Rochas Man remains an autumn and winter fragrance because it smells much better in colder air; the heat exacerbates the sweetness of the perfumes and makes them annoying. This is the perfect gourmand fragrance, so warm, sweet, yet not cloying and perfectly balanced. Even though it's sweet, it never smells too feminine. The cologne is quite versatile, not offensive. I can wear it every day at places like work, but I can also apply it at night for evenings spent with friends or especially on a date. The sillage is good enough, but not too heavy. As for longevity, it lasts several hours on my skin, and I feel it on clothing. It's not a beast, but it's still very appropriate for most occasions. I consider it a fragrance that is still very current, despite its twenty-something years.

I base the review on a bottle I have owned since July 2021.

-Elysium

Delicious
It doesn't have any dated look, being a fragrance that could have been launched today because it's super modern.

I met it by sample, the current version, and fell in love right away. This is that kind of perfume we know that we have to have an entire bottle.

I see constant criticisms about the fixation of the latest version compared to the older version, but I have absolutely no complaints, quite the contrary, I find it a bombastic scent that lasts all day on the skin. It has everything: great fixation and silage.

As for the aroma, which is what really matters, it is sweet, with that warm and creamy touch of cappuccino with a touch of coffee and lavender, cedar and vanilla. Extremely aphrodisiac and attractive.

This makes it unisex, despite having been released for men, because it really becomes unbeatable in male skin, seductive in the extreme. It's impossible not to notice a man with this perfume.

The impression that gives me is of being a niche perfume. It's a Rochas, and this is far from being a niche, but I'm sure that if this same fragrance were launched in the line of Tom Ford, it would be no less than a Tobacco Vanille, it would be a rage just as this perfume is, people killing each other and paying obscene amounts for it.

I recommend it without hesitation.
Unverdünnt
I had to love the other one first .....
It must have been around 2000 when I was looking for a fragrance gift for my brother. The perfumery employee showed me Rochas Man. I was taken by the color of the box, tested the scent and was blown away. But wait, it wasn't about me. Was discarded as a gift, not a cowboy scent. And even though Mark Vanderloo was pretty darn hot in the commercials, I eventually forgot about him. That can happen with men.
Then in 2016 I discovered J'ose by Eisenberg, fell in love, bought it, wore it excessively. Since the women's fragrance has a miserable shelf life, with the second bottle the men's version. Since I'd bombed that one to the ground, then the third. And always there was the thought, why does it seem so familiar to you.
Parfumo be thanks, last year I got the head nut. Immediately ordered.
Now I have to write something about the fragrance? The others have already done so aptly. If I compare J'ose and Rochas Man, Rochas has a significantly stronger initial buzz. As they progress, they converge so much that I can't tell them apart after an hour. But when the iron mountain has evaporated, Rochas continues for a while.
I do wear it myself now, but I think a man smelling of it I would .... (is there a chaste synonym for "get laid"?)
Rochas Man, for me the "sighing scent".
By the way, this is the taillight from an old Cadillac, but was a misproduction, was then sold by ship to France (yes, was longer on the way).
Came across now that I find the horny?
The original
Thanks to this forum I tested this fragrance for the first time, as I was looking for an alternative to Eisenberg J'ose. Because of Eisenberg's miserable performance I didn't buy it for years, although I liked the fragrance very much despite its somewhat synthetic vein.

Right after spraying it on the test strip I thought: Wow! That really smells like Eisenberg J'ose. Just a teeny bit sweeter in the opening. Personally a little bit too sweet for me, but still everything is fine. I like sweet scents as long as the sweetness is not enormous.

I will not go into the components. Just imagine Eisenberg J'ose with a slightly sweeter opening. That's pretty much it. No big changes in the rest of the course (which I think is good in this case), until the sweetness and later the flowery nuances diminish a bit
The durability is average. It lasts, at least for me, about 4-5 hours. The sillage is medium to slightly strong.

Thank God I found this scent. I noticed that Eisenberg J'ose is simply a worse and more expensive copy of this scent. After all, Rocha's Man appeared earlier. This one will definitely get a place on my shelf.
Maximus88
Oh, how beautiful Panama is...
...often it's only when you've been somewhere else that you realize what you have together"

This sentence, which I so gladly borrow from Max Herre for all kinds of situations, is at least as versatile as this great fragrance by Rochas. But as much as I like this fragrance, there was a moment in my younger years when I simply "got fed up". It fits somehow ;).

But as much as I tested other perfumes described as coffee scents, I wanted my Rochas back.
This beautiful entry with lavender as the main note then the fine transition into sweet coffee and even more sweet coffee. Mhhhhhhhhhh... Every nuance of this perfume reminds me of the greatest situations of my late youth. The way home (on foot, of course) with my boys after a night of drinking in one of the many clubs in our old town, summer evenings on the Rhine meadows with everybody, Christmas with the family... But also my first job interview, or being asked about the great smell by fellow students and teachers at the university and vocational school.

In my opinion there are hardly any situations to which Rochas cannot be worn. The fragrance has a long range with only a few splashes, only the durability could be longer. Personally, I think the bottle is very beautiful, only the plastic on top could be replaced by a metal.

In the end, after all these years, this fragrance is still one of my favourite scents and from my rather small and not very high-quality collection, it is clearly among the top 3. I can recommend this perfume to anyone who is looking for a good, extraordinary, recognisable fragrance at a very good price.

Video will follow
More café than coffee
First of all, the more "unimportant" things. In my opinion, the bottle is nice, but not the yellow of the egg either. The previous speakers have already sufficiently described the similarities to certain "toys". The sprayer of the flacon surprised me very much, it sprays itself in contrast to many other fragrances from this price segment very high-quality and good.
Now to the part which probably motivated me to read the review. The scent
This fragrance composition is opened with an interplay of lavender and vanilla, in the first few minutes with an alcoholic touch, which however quickly fades away. Bergamot, which according to the information should also determine the head, but I can't sniff it, well, anyway, it smells good without it!

According to my perception, the scent is relatively linear, which I personally find quite pleasant. The lavender, which is very dominant at first, disappears and a sweet composition of vanilla and amber shapes the olfactory perception. If you take the time to analyse the scent really carefully, the coffee note will also be more present in your own olfactory perception, but I find it rather inappropriate to call the reformulation of this scent a "coffee scent". As mentioned above, the note is certainly perceptible, but rather subliminal and as an underlining ingredient of the rest of the composition. Should a buyer have the same intention as I did at the time of purchase, to smell coffee for the untrained nose of the world around, I don't think he will make the right choice. The "headline" of this review describes this fragrance in a few words quite concisely and appropriately, in my opinion. The buyer gets the experience of a visit in a café, in which not only coffee, but also sweet - and pasta of other kinds are offered. I smell in this fragrance, even if not indicated, for example a subtle honey note.
In Conclusio the fragrance brings much more sweetness and less coffee than expected, how to evaluate this is up to everyone.

I would describe the durability of the fragrance as average. On my skin the scent lasts for about 6 hours, but with the beginning of the 4th hour it loses its sillage and can only be smelled close to the skin, especially in the first hours it smells good to the environment.

Summing up, I would not like to suggest a buy recommendation here, but neither would I advise against the purchase. Depending on how much importance is attached to the actual perceptibility of the scent "coffee", you can either be disappointed or discover a new favourite scent. My search for the fragrance, which primarily smells like freshly ground coffee, will definitely not end here, but I am happy to welcome the "Rochas Man" in my collection!

Oleo
An old fragrance for a new man
Rochas Man is a classic that has been pleasing people for twenty years. This is a fact that transcends any opinion or doubt.

Indeed, it's a creation ahead of its time, which has originated a whole new genre of fragrances - I can easily list now, without thinking, more than twenty "inspired by Rochas Man" fragrances -.

But... How has Rochas Man aged over time? How is it right now, compared with the current scene of releases?

Well... Rochas Man remains an attractive, gentle and pleasant fragrance. It isn't dated, and retains a different spirit from the new "gourmands" that have taken so much of it. In fact, Rochas Man is a "fougere with gourmand nuances", and not what is now sold as a typical "gourmand" fragrance.

So Rochas Man is refined, classy, soft, modern, urban... Fresh and warm, romantic and professional... It's something unique, really. Just keep in mind that this fragrance fits better with the typical metrosexual man, rather than with a untidy and wild troll.

- Longevity: 7- 8h +/-.

- Projection: Moderate.

- Mood: Suitable for any time, but perfect on cold days: It is warm and comforting... And seductive, definitely.

- Scenario & Occasions: Always. For dates, office, leisure time... You can wear it all year round; just avoid very hot days.

- Conclusion: A great scent. Not a work of art, but a masterpiece in the designers game.
my second skin
Rocha's Man I smelled for the first time at a friend of my cousin's.

The scent did not fit him and I asked directly: WHAT IS THAT PLEASE?
He still pronounced the scent wrongly, so that I felt it took me an eternity to guess which one it was, since google did not yet belong to us.
I was 16 and it was my first own fragrance.
What can I say, to get today only with Mueller drugstore, he pursues me nevertheless.
There is hardly a fragrance that harmonizes almost perfectly with my skin, none to which I am often addressed and which rises in such a multifaceted tower.
I don't suppose green leaves or lilies of the valley were here. Coffee, vanilla, musk all the more. After an eternity, raspberry is added, followed by lavender. Also here still light with the vanilla.
Unfortunately, this fragrance also serves a certain cliché...
He is pudirg, maybe a little flashy, ostentatious...BUT... i can't help it, unfortunately over many years one of my signature fragrances, which I certainly bought 4.5 times again
Cafe Latte with Vanilla
The scent reminds me lately of a delicious latte macchiato with vanilla flavour. But the coffee is a dark roast because it is slightly scratchy. But the vanilla is softer and lies a bit in the background.

The fragrance starts with me directly very strong with the coffee note very slightly I take the lavender was still and after a few minutes the delicate vanilla already penetrates. A very fine beautiful vanilla not sugar sweet or sticky or. It's not the finest fragrance compisition finder it comes across slightly synthetic but above average. But for people who love coffee scents should definitely test it or include it in their collection because it is priced in the lower price segment.
The durability of the perfume lies with me with approx. 4 hours, I find it portable the whole year round since it never gets sticky sweet and nobody gets on my nerves.
There's not much to say about the bottle very fancy looks almost like a plug.

I must honestly say I expected a lot more from him than gourmand fragrance because I love this kind of perfume but he takes a different direction. Still no bad buy just because of the great price.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Sweet gourmand with coffee and lavender. The drydown is a slightly synthetic and cloying vanilla. A cappuccino to chill at home.
JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
Warm morning cappuccino, a nice go to coffee fragrance. Blended well and not expensive.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 7 months ago
Lavender with cappuccino... what a combination! If you like notes with coffee, you'll definitely like it.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 9 months ago
Smells like cappuccino, but it's not cappuccino w/ sugar added, it's actually sugar w/ a bit of cappuccino added. Too sweet, linear, boring.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
One of the most relaxing scents ever. Nice cup of coffee on a rainy spring day
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
It is a sweet gourmand scent.i get mostly vanilla,amber and bit of coffee.unfortunately very shy performance
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
One of the best creamy vanilla-lavender-coffee scents out there. Comforting and seductive scent. Grab a vintage bottle if you can.
GreMuserGreMuser 2 years ago
Synthetic, sweet and nauseating. Nope for me.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
A strangely chaotic opening, but a lovely aromatic, POWDERY vanilla-n-cream lavender drydown. Like floating in clouds of powdered sugar. Mmm
TruckladyTrucklady 3 years ago
I don't take this scent too seriously. A mild cafe latte with a teaspoon of lavender syrup added. I'll have mine takeaway, please.

by Mojtaba
by Bradigow
by Inse
by Inse

Popular by Rochas

Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (2015) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) (Parfum) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Rochas