Tocade (1994) Eau de Toilette

Version from 1994
Tocade (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Tocade (1994) (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Rochas for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Freesia, Magnolia
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orchid, Rose, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.03.2019

She's like the wind...
I want to cry loud and long. She is so beautiful, vanilla with more freshness than I am used to with my other vanilla based juices. Oh, so, so wonderful. I really want to cry loud and long, but not of joy! She is so illusive. Hardly any silage or projection. Staying power is merely half an hour on me, if I am lucky and spray the hell out of her. WHY OH WHY doesn't this beauty last longer on me? For some reason I do not have the skin for her to linger on. Or maybe my nose is rather nose blind to her, because even if I spray her on my hair or clothes she just doesn't want to stay. But how can I be nose blind to her, when I actually detect her outstanding beauty with the initial spray? She reminds me of Traubenzucker candy (grape sugar candy you can get in German pharmacies) with a hint of vanilla. She is gorgeous, but fleeting like a light summer breeze. Why do I still love her? Because she is so gorgeous that I cannot help myself but to give my heart to her - with a teary eye. She is like a lover that brings you joy for a short moment, but leaves you too soon to go on his merry way. Why won't you stay just a little bit longer?
Tocade - just a fad?
Tocade is exciting! Not often you can say that about a perfume. It smells vibrant, young, cheeky, and a bit subversive too.

The excitement comes from the dynamic structure of this fabulous meringue like creation, at the heart of which lies a gentle bouquet of Maurice Roucel's trademark magnolia.

This is hidden by two layers of contrasts: a vapid sweetness set against a venomous bitter note, and a wider enveloping layer that contrasts a synthetic hairspray hiss with a chewy caramel.

What gives Tocade its vibrancy is the brilliantly poised dynamic between sweet & powdery and bitter & resinous notes; a niave yet wily combination of seductive warmth and cool obstinacy that amounts to something more than a passing craze.
10.0/10
Warm and feminine
I really love this smell! A nice blend of rose, vanilla and an almost powdery quality to it. It' s subtle, sweet and warm. One of the most feminine parfumes around.
chypre not oriental
this perfume was a surprise for me...a good one...but i rather find it a chypre floral than oriental...in the dry down is very similar with Bottega Veneta edp only a bit weaker...it also reminds me Deci Dela Nina Ricci and Gucci Rush which are also both chypre...all have that chypre style...good longevity and sillage...i give it a 9/10
2.0/10
Doesn't Work
On my skin, Tocade just doesn't work. After an initial promising whiff of Rose and Vanilla, it simply turns putrid, the top notes muddied instead of enhancing each other, the heart florals acrid. Only the base works for me, but its beauty is destroyed by the unfortunately potent rest. It actually reminds me of cleaning fluid in a freshly-mopped hospital corridor. Don't know how in the world they managed to destroy these notes, but to my nose they did. I see others love it, which shows how individual our noses are, but for me Tocade goes with the fragrances I never plan to wear.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10
Tessa
I feel embraced on a snowy day
Did I need to wake up on another snowy, cold day to talk about this perfume? I guess so. It was much written about it and it was a long time since my bottle was left aside to keep company to some other ones that I am not using so much lately. Today I thought I needed the huge warm scent of Tocade to touch my skin with its vanilla and make me see " la vie en rose" with its dusty rose. It happens in such moments when the greatness of a perfume is demonstrated and, although in the eau de toilette version, the scent is long lasting and with great projection.
Instead of a snow blizzard, the scent sends flurries of flower petals on me, a carousel of joyful colors and instead of ice cold air it makes me feel hugged by a tender warmth. I feel blessed.
surprising
Rose and vanilla together. A classic combo. So how on earth does it come to smell like sweet newspaper and acetone? And who would have thought that would be comfort food for the nose? I adore this.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10
Don't judge a book ...
Interesting little number this one.

The packaging is garish, tacky, and oh so 80s, when primary colours and bargain basement designs were so en vogue. I have to admit that if it wasn't for LT's enthusiasm for this fragrance I probably (foolishly) would have passed.

This is all about translucent roses and warm vanilla. An interesting combination, that makes it sexy and cuddly at the same time.

Don't know why but it brings a smile to my face and puts me in a good mood when I wear it.

Another rather interesting fact is that several people have told me that I leave a trail of yuminess as I walk about and that it smells stronger from a distance than up close.
Time Machine
Hi,
this scent is a time machine. Aww.. wow those times back then at 90`s. Much good memories about getting own life , first rental apartment, first boy-friend, shool-time. Ohhoh ! And no questions about the scent! This is truely beautifull , strong vanilla-oriental scent. The kind You can`t get enough. For me this is also very unique. Not sold here in years. I love this juice. **
5.0 7.5 6.0/10
Warm and powdery vanilla
The first time I smelt Tocade was from the bottle, and let me tell you it was not a pleasant experience. My first impression was that it smelt strong and medicinal, not at all sweet or feminine. A friend sent me a decant of Tocade a few months ago and it took me this long to be game enough to try it on the skin.

How glad I am that I gave this fragrance a chance. On the skin, Tocade becomes a warm and powdery vanilla, soft and delicate.

I find similarities between this fragrance, Hypnotic Poison by Dior and L'eau par Kenzo eau Indigo, which I love.

Tocade's baby-powdery softness is surprisingly light and clean on the skin. The loud, outrageous bottle design and the dark, richness of the liquid seemed to suggest otherwise. The word pretty actually comes to mind as I smell this wondrous fragrance.

It's difficult to pinpoint any particular notes in Tocade, they all seem to blend together quite well. Obviously the vanilla is the most dominant note, however I guess there are subtle hints of the white florals and patchouli every now and then.

The drydown is lovely; musky woods and creamy vanilla. The sillage is actually very intimate so this is not a fragrance sure to offend anyone. On that point however, I do wish that the scent was that little bit stronger. I wanted to share the scent with the people around me.
2.5 10.0 10.0 4.0/10
Cheap
Tocade it may look simple but it's a complex perfume
to describe it does have an powdery opening mainly due
to the Freesia note, Tocade is sort of a dead ringer to
Chloe's Eau de Parfume with it's spicy freesia opening
but it's less soapier and more of an sweet gourmand
drydown there's a greenish opening which i'm not a
fan of green notes but i love the spicy Geranium scent
adds to the fiery flavor The florals in the middle section is hard to detect drowned out from the dominate
notes of Freesia Amber and Vanilla but if you smell it
a lot closer you can just find a little bit of Rose and
Magnolias, The drying is the dominate part of the fragrance it starts with Amber just an overbearing
sweetness might put you off a bit musk serves the basis nice as if a passive partner strangely enough
i notice a sweet scent of Praline a foody drydown?
is it just me or the perfume because i notice it
but anyway ends with powdery Vanilla.

These are one of the scents that are in the abyss
of deciding is this just a commoner trying to be an sophisticated aristocrat trying to please the masses
or the buyer it's fancy Flacon design tries to impress
but to me it fails the test.
very strong
I get A LOT of Jasmin and LOV. This lasts Forever, and I mean FOREVER! I hope you planning on wearing this for two days. Like if you want to go on a camping trip and can't shower over night this will last you for two days! I put it on at 2 and worked till 9 and I could smell it as strong as if I had just put it on at nine. Too bad I dont like it.

The cool sharp powderyness of it reminds me of Gucci Rush or Guerlain My Insolence without the sweetness. This does not smell dated to me AT ALL!

by Irini
by Sherapop
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Rochas

Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Tocade (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Eau Sensuelle by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lumière (1984) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Poupée by Rochas Secret de Rochas by Rochas