Byzance (2020)Eau de Parfum

Version from 2020
Byzance (2020) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas
Bottle Design Alnoor

Byzance (2020) (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Rochas for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Freesia, Heliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, Blond woods, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.05.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is French model Annabelle Belmondo.

Great cinema!
First of all I would like to point out that I do not know or have ever tested the original Byzance (1987) or its successor from 2016.

Like probably some people here, I became aware of Byzance (2020) solely through the beautiful bottle. As an avowed flacon fetishist, an immediate look at the fragrances was of course unavoidable... And lo and behold, the joy was great - nothing to scare me off directly!
(When I looked at the fragrances of the two predecessors in advance, it was clear to me relatively quickly that they might not quite suit me... Anise, cloves, tuberose - all rather not my cup of tea ;-)

So it was decided, I would dare a blind purchase again!

Today the longed-for sweetheart finally arrived. The bottle is even more breathtaking in its natural state than it appears in the pictures. Completely noble and high quality processed, completely without plastic - only glass and metal. The heavy, golden lid is enthroned almost majestically on the deep blue container.

The fragrance begins floral and sweetish, although the exact origin of the sweetness cannot be precisely defined. I don't perceive pears separately and the slightly citric approach of bergamot and neroli are not clearly discernible. I imagine a thick, amber-coloured syrup. No caramel, not even real honey. Dark-sweet and very aromatic. Not artificial or even corny.

In the further course of time a warm woodiness is added, paired with Slight soapiness. The latter only minimally, pleasantly and yet "old-fashioned" enough to form a bridge to its two predecessors. At least I imagine the original Byzance to be quite soapy.

Fortunately, I personally do not know of any other fragrance that I can name here as a fragrance twin. If anything, I would carefully compare the DNA of Byzance with that of the Gaultier2. Both fragrances radiate dark sweetness, warmth and pure comfort for me.

I am really completely thrilled and incredibly happy to have made a successful blind purchase. Of course, I can imagine that fans of the 'original' could be disappointed because of the modified/reduced scents... But that should not be my problem! ;-)))))

by Gandix
by Gandix

Popular Rochas

Femme (1989) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Macassar (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Absolu by Rochas Mystère (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum de Toilette) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Homme (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Rochas Man (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Alchimie (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Byzance (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Lui Rochas by Rochas Femme (1945) (Parfum) by Rochas Eau de Rochas (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1960) by Rochas Madame Rochas (1989) (Eau de Parfum) by Rochas Globe (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Macassar (After-Shave Lotion) by Rochas Eau de Rochas Fraîche by Rochas Moustache (Eau de Toilette) by Rochas Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas