Blue CarnationŒillet Bleu 1937Parfum

Blue Carnation / Œillet Bleu (Parfum) by Roger & Gallet
Blue Carnation is a perfume by Roger & Gallet for women and was released in 1937. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Mediocre, last update on 12.08.2017.

Soliflore Mates are Forever
This is the truest match to the deliciously spicy and fresh perfection of Roger & Gallet's Carnation Soap. I have tried Comme Des Garcons Carnation and found it was too big, flaming red and ostentatious. I've also tested Serge Lutens' Vitriol d’oeillet, which is beautiful in its own right but its not a match for this particular type of carnation essence that soothes my soul, reminds me of my mother, long luxurious hot baths in Winter and the glorious year we lived in Paris when I was a child. Finally I tested Santa Maria Novella's Carnation which I found initially invigorating and after about 20 minutes I found it was so overwhelming that I had to drive home, two hours, with all the car windows rolled down just to keep the single dab on my wrist from disintegrating my vehicle. Where did the beautiful sultry yet subtle carnation in Roger& Gallet's formulation go...hidden in a vault in the Palace, no doubt. In researching why this incredible living lush spicy soliflore is no longer available, I discovered that apparently, the Queen of England is also a big fan of this scent. As a courtesy to her Royal Highness, Roger & Gallet took it off the market to prevent the commoners from having access to it. Well, fiddle sticks! Blue Carnation is that one true match for the Roger & Gallet carnation soap and I haven't come across any other fragrances that even get close. It's a fresh uplifting bouquet of these flowers on a backdrop of clove with a touch of cinnamon, vanilla and a little soapiness I keep a bar of this marvelous soap in my bag just for aromatherapy and I'm just thankful that the Queen didn't request to have the soap taken off the market as well. Perhaps one day, they will see fit to release a commemorative version of the Blue Carnation Fragrance (it would have been perfect for the Jubilee- but they've blown that opportunity, because they didn't have me on staff to make it happen (way to go). Moving forward, I know there are many who yearn for Blue Carnation's return and would pay big money to lay hands on this beauty once again.

Popular Roger & Gallet

Open (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Open White by Roger & Gallet Open Black by Roger & Gallet Open Gold by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (2008) by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau de Parfum) by Roger & Gallet Gingembre by Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus by Roger & Gallet Cassis Frénésie by Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet Thé Fantaisie by Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina Extra-Vieille (2012) by Roger & Gallet Eau des Bienfaits by Roger & Gallet Rose by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau Fraîche) by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (1979) (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Eau Sublime Or - Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Amande Persane by Roger & Gallet Ylang by Roger & Gallet