Feuille de Figuier 2018

Feuille de Figuier by Roger & Gallet
Feuille de Figuier is a perfume by Roger & Gallet for women and was released in 2018. The scent is green-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Galbanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig leaf, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Cedar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.08.2020.

5.5
MossGreen
Would you like some sugar compost?
A little commented scent, specimens there, no bias by background information of any kind and sometimes nothing to do: perfect for a blind test.
The fragrance starts immediately with something green. I mean to recognize galbanum, but this one is very different from other interpretations, which I think are very successful.
Since the Untitled fragrances I have been addicted to this green-tangy, juicy little bush and am happy every time it appears somewhere in a fragrance pyramid.
Here I have it now also in my nose, but nothing is fresh and juicy here and if they had not been named, I would never in my life have come across bergamot or tangerine.
I do not take citric freshness at all.
But instead, an indefinable and overloaded, almost milky creaminess, which in combination with a synthetic sweetness, which also reminds me of gummy bears and the lost box tree, somehow gives the impression of fermented green waste.

With this image in my head, which has formed completely before my eyes after about half an hour of wearing it, it is difficult to continue to follow its course neutrally.
The boxwood moves noticeably into the background, the milky (I suppose it is supposed to be fig leaf) and the sweetness picks up speed and the impression of a melted gummy bear in the bag actually remains.
Removed, this "residual composition" now reminds me of a kindergarten locker room.
Slushy rubber pencils, forgotten sweets in much-used backpacks and jacket pockets, dried-out green from the adventure playground in the woods, which has got lost in the hoods and ekes out an undignified existence there, until mum collects it from the folds, shaking her head in the next wash.

My poor galbanum...
Finchen1976
Lawn mowing jelly baby in hashish frenzy
So thanks to a lovely perfume, a small sample of this previously completely unknown fragrance has moved in.

First test (without looking here at the fragrance): Oh, certainly a niche fragrance, very fine nuances, very harmonious. And above all very present the freshly mown grass.
Yesterday I did the second test with a little more time. Yeah, weed. And yes, also kind of cute.

In my mind's eye I very much like a lawn mowing white gummy bear (because I always never taste their taste; they are just "sweet") that slowly melts in the hot sun and smokes a big (fig leaf?) joint. The sweetness within this fragrance subliminally reminds me of it, no idea why. :-)

So not mine, but somehow already interesting.

Joyful and elegant
So finally I tested it today and it is a really nice and uplifting fig tree eau. Creamy and joyful but elegant and not too sweet, quite green and woody. Full bottle worthy, it goes directly into my shopping list for next summer :)

Popular Roger & Gallet

Open (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Open White by Roger & Gallet Open Black by Roger & Gallet Open Gold by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (2008) by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau de Parfum) by Roger & Gallet Gingembre by Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus by Roger & Gallet Cassis Frénésie by Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet Thé Fantaisie by Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina Extra-Vieille (2012) by Roger & Gallet Eau des Bienfaits by Roger & Gallet Rose by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau Fraîche) by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (1979) (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Eau Sublime Or - Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Amande Persane by Roger & Gallet Ylang by Roger & Gallet