Gingembre Rouge 2014

Gingembre Rouge by Roger & Gallet
Gingembre Rouge is a perfume by Roger & Gallet for women and was released in 2014. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Nigerian ginger, Sweet orange, Pine, Benzoin, Red berries, Eucalyptus, Copaiba balsam, Sage, Petitgrain, Bitter orange, Cabreuva

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.04.2020.

Chanelle
Bringing back to life with fruity ginger blossom...
At the moment I have a lot of time, because after a short stay in hospital (Covid19-positive) I am still in so-called imposed quarantine and wait for my 3rd (!!) test. During this time I have been dealing with everything except fragrances. One of the symptoms is said to be a restriction of the sense of smell, but it worked continuously, just how good or bad? I don't know.
In any case, I have not been in the mood for anything lunar or non-systemic in the last few weeks. My sense of humour had also almost completely disappeared. I read a lot, ate more consciously (probably in larger quantities) than usual; saw to it that turmeric and ginger, among other things, could be used somewhere in the food, and forced others to apply my newly acquired knowledge I've always liked ginger, in any form Ginger-laden fragrances are also part of my portfolio, but this has now come to a standstill. My favourites so far have been Five o'Clock by Serge Lutens and Ginger Piccante by Guerlain. The first as a serious fragrance, the second as an upbeat summer variation.
So now I took an even lower-priced ginger scent to my chest to kill 2 birds with 1 stone:
1. Is my nose still working? (R+G's are not known as heavy growlers.)
2. Is there enough ginger in G-Rouge to enchant me?
The answers in advance, then you can skip the rest:
to 1: Yes
to 2: No.
Gingembre Rouge / Roger & Gallet (2014) opens with sour green, rose-hip-y fresh notes, to suggest a slight, actually ginger-like sharpness after 10 minutes, but - "blink and you miss it"- weak. No, it's not my nose. I checked. This, we want to say "ginger note" benevolently, but is changing more and more in the direction of soapiness, clean note. In the background, transparent flowers paint themselves on the wall. Ginger soap and garden show disappear forever after 30 minutes and make room for nature-identical oranges with something green in the background, which smell skinnily after 1+ hour until I can't smell anything anymore (No, nose is funking!)
Quintessence: All this in stronger, longer lasting and with about 20 times more ginger, then we'll be in business. But not like this Smell sample 1 according to C.
2.5
2.5

Fleeting pleasure
Very beautiful scent. Just a hint of ginger, refreshing pomegranate and pretty lychees. Fresh, fruity, gorgeous! Like a tasty summer cocktail. So nice in hot weather, I tried it when it was extremely warm outside and felt refreshed and uplifted. Unfortunately, "Gingembre Rouge" is only an "Eau fraiche" and has no staying-power. It's gone after 10 min. I even applied it during a trip on the train and don't think that the people who sat next to me could smell it. Quite safe and unobtrusive, not hurting anybody's nose for sure, but far too expensive given the poor sillage and extremely bad longevity. Nevertheless wonderful while you perceive it.

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya

Popular Roger & Gallet

Open (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Open White by Roger & Gallet Open Black by Roger & Gallet Open Gold by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (2008) by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau de Parfum) by Roger & Gallet Gingembre by Roger & Gallet Cassis Frénésie by Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus by Roger & Gallet Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet Thé Fantaisie by Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina Extra-Vieille (2012) by Roger & Gallet Eau des Bienfaits by Roger & Gallet Rose by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau Fraîche) by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (1979) (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Eau Sublime Or - Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Amande Persane by Roger & Gallet Ylang by Roger & Gallet