Open White

Open White by Roger & Gallet

Open White is a popular perfume by Roger & Gallet for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is powdery-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesYuzu, Bergamot, Aniseed
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Iris, Tonka bean

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 04.11.2019

5.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Sparkling freshness
Sometimes I think it's a real pity that the heavily armed army of Named Scent Designers rolls everything flat that isn't on everyone's lips. There are still treasures, which do not boast with known names... although... in this case the name is not so unknown.

Almost everyone knows Eau de Cologne (Kölnischwasser) by Jean-Maria Farina. Farina's empire passed to Leon Colas, who left his business to his two cousins Armand Roger and Charles Gallet. These two talented entrepreneurs expanded the company and made it a success. And Open White comes from this house!

So behind this sweetheart there is not only a great story, but also a long tradition - for me to clearly sniff when I smell this generous 100 ml edition. This EdT is already something special.

Directly at the beginning the sun rises and makes good mood. It's tingling and fresh! A pick-me-up. And this effect reminds me a little of Eau de Cologne. At first, Open White is clearly sparkling - a citric pleasure with an anise note. An unusual combination for me. The self-confident aniseed gives the harmonious pair of yuzu and mountain chamotte much more expression!

After a while, a soft aromatic sweetness appears, which brings with it a hint of incense. Very delicate and wonderfully balanced. And the anise sets the tone more and more, but still remains very stylistically confident and pleasantly fresh. After several hours, the fragrance becomes milder, but does not lose its exciting face. I smell very good Tonka and still anise! As a veil, the two are caressed by patchouli and iris, although they cannot be clearly identified.

I think the Sillage is very good, expressive! And the shelf life for an EdT, I beg you - top! From my side there is nothing to criticize here.

What I find totally ingenious - this refreshing tingling charisma, which is exciting and thrilling, remains until the end. You keep asking yourself, "Mhhh... what's that nice smell?" And that's clear - the Open White!

For me - a unisex! I like wearing it very much when I feel like something exciting, because it has a lot of character and can keep up with other greats absolutely strong.

It is fresh, tingling, exciting and vibrates on the skin. Super in summer!

But also in winter, when it rains with snow, I would like to let this sun rise from the bottle and put a smile on my face!

I don't want to say much about the bottle itself... I find it ugly and unwieldy because I have small hands
7.0 5.0 7.0 8.0/10

Between Body Kouros and Au Masculin
It says Open White.

Actually I only wanted to write a statement, but it would have been too long and I would not have been able to express in 140 characters what I experienced with OW.

This fragrance surprised me already very much, I ordered it unsuspectingly blind because I also liked Open with its plain tobacco already very much.

Now for my headline:

Open White starts with; let's say an anise note that makes you think of freshly baked cookies, about what you can smell with Au Masculin in the middle of the fragrance.
Shortly thereafter follows also already something resinous which can come only from the incense. So far so good.

I have a hard time with the base note. If you compare the base notes of Body Kouros and Open White, you will quickly notice that the scents should be very different, but they don't, at least almost not, there are already some differences. Eucalyptus is clearly an ingredient that is missing and also the benzoin is missing here, yet I smell a quite identical Body Kouros with a slight touch of anise in the background. However, Open White still develops a bit differently, the Anisvibe actually remains in the entire fragrance process, and there is a slightly woody note added so that one could almost speak of a mixture of AM and BK
The shelf life is not worse than that of the above-mentioned fragrances and well, Sillage have the three anyway little.

The spray head could have been placed in the middle of the flacon because of me, because the haptics here suffers a bit like with all open flacons, otherwise there's nothing to complain, the atomizer does its job properly!

I'm already looking forward to Open Black which I have to have now, because both of them could convince me for the sake of completeness! and also this one is rated well.

Conclusion: A solid fragrance with a convincing top note and an interesting fragrance progression. So if you like fragrances like Au Masculin and Body Kouros, you should quickly secure a bottle. Unfortunately also this Flanker was already stamped again.

Edit: Recently I was able to test Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous and I could smell parallel here as well. FF is a track ledriger.

Carlitos01 14 months ago
I have been absent minded with R&G perfumes. Open White is just another masterpiece. Highly recomended!+2
6.0
9.0

by Liebesengel
by Liebesengel

Popular Roger & Gallet

Fleur d'Osmanthus by Roger & Gallet Open (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Gingembre by Roger & Gallet Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet Rose by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau Fraîche) by Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina Extra-Vieille (2012) by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (2008) by Roger & Gallet Eau des Bienfaits by Roger & Gallet Cédrat by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau de Parfum) by Roger & Gallet Gingembre Rouge by Roger & Gallet Open White by Roger & Gallet Amande Persane by Roger & Gallet Rose Imaginaire by Roger & Gallet Open Black by Roger & Gallet Open Gold by Roger & Gallet Extrait de Cologne - Cassis Frénésie by Roger & Gallet Eau Sublime Or - Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet