Open White

Open White by Roger & Gallet
Open White is a popular perfume by Roger & Gallet for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesYuzuYuzu BergamotBergamot AniseedAniseed
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincenseFrankincense VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli IrisIris Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 13.03.2022.

Naf29
Great scent for the money
This fragrance was about 8 Euro . The cap looks funny and very cheap, the quality of the materials are bad( the bottle,the cardboard,all feel and look very cheap ), thank God the juice is superb .

Some may say it's similar to Kourous, other that is similar with Pi ( I've smelled Pi, for me it goes in that direction and at some point it turns hard right,and goes in another way).

This may be a year round fragrance, it smells superb on clothes and it stays on them for a very long time.

Decent projection for 1- 1-1/2h, and the longevity is debatable, depending on the season ( I've been wearing this more in autumn and winter 1 to 15 degrees Celsius), and it stays on skin for 5-7h

The Yuzu , aniseed and iris are the things I smell the most, the rest are hard to get from my perspective.

For me this fragrance is a great WIN ( all year round, good price, great performances. ) I have also Gold from RG, ( superb longevity,more on the mature,Alpha male side).

If you can find this cheap don't overlook it, just blind buy it. I don't think you will regret it.
Lucky?
If you read here some reviews so, it seems directly as if some of "Open White" feels personally insulted.

But hey, that's not an accusation at all. Everyone perceives the fragrance differently and if the actually a very popular Tom Ford fragrance should resemble and this does not I can perhaps even understand.

Maybe my olfactory simplicity is my luck in this case? Lucky!

Therefore, I can now give my impression of Roger & Gallet`s "Open White" in a fresh, pious, cheerful, off-the-cuff manner.

So this is not a comparative review, but simply my opinion.

I was lucky enough to get a sample of this perfume a few months ago in the course of a souk (Paperback/Demeter). I thought it was pretty good at the time, had it on my watch list for a long time. Somehow I have lost the but over time from my field of vision.
Probably also because I was mega focused on my Library of Fragrance collection.

Now I have remembered it back and have just looked if the perfume here by chance someone gives away.
And they there: a nice lady sent me the fragrance after payment very zugig.

Now to my impressions.
Finally times a unisex fragrance (even if it is declared differently here), which gets along without any florals, was my thought when I read the fragrance pyramid.
And it's true. "Open White" does almost everything right that I expect from a nice unisex fragrance.
It has very little freshness in my eyes, which I find very pleasant.
A soft and surprisingly unkitschy creaminess caresses the nose.
This goes almost in the direction of vanilla nut cake batter.

There is no trace of chemical alcohol smell.

In any case, I smell tonka bean and full broadside.
The fragrance settles neatly. Will say, the sillage is great. The durability in this price range super.

I assume quite strongly that "Open White" in autumn / winter still puts on a shovel.
When the typical Schietwetter sets in, this soft fragrance is guaranteed to warm one for sure.
This super nice vanilla clay note ensures.

So I can only say good things about this perfume. He is miles away from cheap to smell.
Who says that has not yet smelled cheap fragrances ;)

Whether and to what extent the good Tom Ford with his "Fucking Fabulous" is achieved I can not judge. Is honestly me also wurscht.

My budget and Tom Ford are simply incompatible. That doesn't mean I'm going to buy cheap junk, that's for sure.
This fragrance is just great for me/us.

Yes, the flacon should not win any designer awards but even that is highly secondary for me.

With the price in mind, this is a real nobrainer.

Jo, that's it from me.
Wonderfully soft unisex scent, great price. Nothing More to Say.

Have a fragrant time :)
3.5
Remotely known...
I have me the fragrance blindly zugelegt because you often hear that he is so and so much % like FF of TF, which I also own by the way. I thought to myself: Oh come on, 15 euros with shipping, dan can do nix wrong...
Far from it!
First of all, the bottle is really cheap, and when I say cheap I mean !!!BILLIG!!!... Reminds me somehow of Miami in the 80s (no idea why).
Well, it's what's on the inside that counts. So I opened it and applied. BÄM, a Syntetikwolte comes towards me, somewhere between fucking fabulous and fucking anoying. After 5 minutes the first FF impression fades away and the pungent syntetic anise comes out. This is the phase where it can't get any worse. After 10-15 minutes, this "phase" was also over and there was again something FF similar, but somehow not so full-bodied. So the scent is then remained, in any case better than the anise ...
Finally, I can say that I'm quite clear that here Fucking Fabulous Eau de Parfum is smelled out, but for me something crucial is missing to talk here of a comparable fragrance. This is more Fucking than Fabulous. Who knows Fucking Fabulous Eau de Parfum, can make cutbacks and on anise is here exactly right!
ScentyXXdude
Signature fragrance for uncomplicated people.
In the morning when I get up the question I always ask myself is : " which perfume should I wear today ?" The 2nd question is :" do I go somewhere today , do I get a visitor ? "No!
Perfect. It's time again for the Open White . Zack 3 spray around my neck / neck area and the day can start .
In the first hour the scent is very potent , then he slowly lays down the scent is also becoming more pleasant . You can perceive him in the next 4 h always times again. And now to the most difficult part ...
How to describe this fragrance? Earthy ? Creamy ? "White fresh"? I will not figure it out but he pleases me. Could not be every man's thing but if he likes one then right :)
Don't get me wrong I don't think the scent is bad I only wear it when I'm alone. It's just that I then do not know what to wear and then smiles me the Open White always so beautiful. You can really wear the fragrance in every season and everywhere. I can imagine the so well on a man in deduction who wears this fragrance.
The bottle I like pretty well and the packaging as well . Only the sprayer which sprays very well is made of plastic. But at least white plastic which also fits the name , fragrance and flacon the perfume .
Price-performance 10/10 Momentan 10 € for 100 ml
Benedikt2019
Tom Ford's *Fucking Fabulous*?
You know how it is with the Scent Twins, right? You look for them and you want to own them so you don't have to pay a lot of money for the original. But most of the time, you're missing something to get the original. Sometimes, the minimal difference is so serious that one decides against the good value for money and in favour of the expensive original. BUT there is also the case that the Dupe is better than the original! Because sometimes it is the other way round and the original has something disturbing, which the Dupe reduces away. This is the case here. The "Open White" is - in my opinion - a scented twin of the ever popular "Fucking Fabulous" by Tom Ford. However, the "Open White" is better than its expensive brother, which I would like to explain in the following.

The comparison:
Funnily enough, we find only one overlap in the scent pyramid of the two fragrances, namely the tonka bean. That one can be unmistakably smelled in both scents. But it remains to be mentioned that the scent information on Parfumo is not always complete and one has to read the internet. Because unmistakably, both fragrances include the delicate almond note. One gets the impression that one is dealing with a fine almond cream that can be sprayed on. At this point we can already point out the first difference: the Tom Ford quickly drifts off into excessive sweetness, whereas the "Open White" remains soft and creamy. Consequently, it doesn't kill you directly, but preserves understatement and feel-good character, which the Ford quickly loses. The latter becomes more and more sticky and threatens to suffocate the wearer if he dares to overdose. The "Open White" therefore lives up to its name, as it conveys a feeling of purity, a cultivated appearance and a certain openness. There is nothing here that identifies the wearer as a closed personality. However, the fragrance "Anise", which was used in the OW and which I simply can't smell out of my mouth, causes me some difficulties, although other perfumes find it disturbing. Apart from that it can be pointed out that durability and silage of the two fragrances are not quite congruent. While the Ford kills you at the beginning and then becomes skin-tight much too quickly, the OW has a discreet smell, but remains so for at least 5-6 hours. Then it also becomes very close. For the price difference I find the performance actually better, because I smell something of it longer, although other people have to come close to you to smell it as well. The difference in price performance is enormous! The "Open White" costs 30 Euros for 100ml and the Tom Ford costs 10 times as much on Idealo with 322 Euros. Simply incredible! With the difference you can confidently go for the "Open White"!

Final comparison:

Fucking Fabulous =

+ more enormous initial projection (who likes that)
+ more powdery than the OW (not so creamy)
+ beautiful, minimalistic eye-catching flacon

- Price-performance ratio
- Sticky sweetness
- Appears more unbalanced

Open White =

+ creamy
+ 95% similarity of smell (almond note etc.)
+ less sweet
+ Value for money (lowbudget)

-/+ solid durability and solid sillage

- hideous flacon (absolutely no eye-catcher!)
- not easily available
Conclusion: The "Open White" is a solid fragrance twin of the "Fucking Fabulous", which skilfully balances the weaknesses of the Ford (wanted or not!). Especially the very similar scent in less sweet and the price are to be emphasized. With a blind test there is in my opinion a danger of confusion. So if you dare to have this bottle on your shelf, you will have a wonderful Dupe, which will give you a lot of pleasure, especially if you liked the Ford, but did not buy it because it was too expensive
Between Body Kouros and Au Masculin
It says Open White.

Actually I only wanted to write a statement, but it would have been too long and I would not have been able to express in 140 characters what I experienced with OW.

This fragrance surprised me already very much, I ordered it unsuspectingly blind because I also liked Open with its plain tobacco already very much.

Now for my headline:

Open White starts with; let's say an anise note that makes you think of freshly baked cookies, about what you can smell with Au Masculin in the middle of the fragrance.
Shortly thereafter follows also already something resinous which can come only from the incense. So far so good.

I have a hard time with the base note. If you compare the base notes of Body Kouros and Open White, you will quickly notice that the scents should be very different, but they don't, at least almost not, there are already some differences. Eucalyptus is clearly an ingredient that is missing and also the benzoin is missing here, yet I smell a quite identical Body Kouros with a slight touch of anise in the background. However, Open White still develops a bit differently, the Anisvibe actually remains in the entire fragrance process, and there is a slightly woody note added so that one could almost speak of a mixture of AM and BK
The shelf life is not worse than that of the above-mentioned fragrances and well, Sillage have the three anyway little.

The spray head could have been placed in the middle of the flacon because of me, because the haptics here suffers a bit like with all open flacons, otherwise there's nothing to complain, the atomizer does its job properly!

I'm already looking forward to Open Black which I have to have now, because both of them could convince me for the sake of completeness! and also this one is rated well.

Conclusion: A solid fragrance with a convincing top note and an interesting fragrance progression. So if you like fragrances like Au Masculin and Body Kouros, you should quickly secure a bottle. Unfortunately also this Flanker was already stamped again.

Edit: Recently I was able to test Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous and I could smell parallel here as well. FF is a track ledriger.

RobbieXRobbieX 4 months ago
A very nice spicy perfume. Like Body Kouros or Pi
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
I have been absent minded with R&G perfumes. Open White is just another masterpiece. Highly recomended!

by Dibella
by Dibella
by Sasynix
by Sasynix

Popular by Roger & Gallet

Open (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Open Black by Roger & Gallet Open Gold by Roger & Gallet Thé Fantaisie by Roger & Gallet Cassis Frénésie by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (2008) by Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau de Parfum) by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (1979) (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus by Roger & Gallet Gingembre by Roger & Gallet Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet Ylang by Roger & Gallet Amande Persane by Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina Extra-Vieille (2012) by Roger & Gallet Rose by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau Fraîche) by Roger & Gallet Santal by Roger & Gallet Verveine Utopie by Roger & Gallet Tubéreuse Hédonie by Roger & Gallet