Rose by Roger & Gallet
Rose is a perfume by Roger & Gallet for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesNepalese rose, Mandarin orange, White blossoms
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Peony, Rosebud
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Almond milk

Submitted by Antoine, last update on 11.03.2020.

Shy Rose in a garden of Peonies
This perfume is just a little more than rose.

It was the first perfume my mother got for me during my high school years as a present.
I still have a few millilitres left to remind me of her thoughtful gift, even if she never was into perfumes (although she did really like my Ninfea decant).
Feelings apart, which are an important, added value attributed to our perfumes that makes us love them even more, Rose is a pretty scent that I think it's more of a peony scent rather than being just rose.

It opens as citrusy, reminds me of the oil that you can squeeze off the peels of citrus fruits, but not from a lemon, It's not sour. It's fresh and juicy.

Soon after, all I can smell is peony. A scent I find difficult to describe because I know so little of it, yet had perceived in some perfumes already without really knowing what it was. I first smelled a real peony in Leiden's botanical gardens in the Netherlands. As soon as I put my nose near the flower I went immediately like "Ah-a!", so that was what mom's gift smells like. After almost 8 years I had finally found out. It's not as deeply perfumed as a true peony flower, but it is similar.

In the background there's a sweet and shy, pink rose that feels bright and dewy.
But in the perfume's short-lived stay, I don't think she's at the centre of the picture frame.
There's a certain fruitiness that sticks around.

I don't know about amber as I'm not familiar with the note, but I am sure that I do not detect a trace of almond milk in this- at all. A pity, since I love almond milk.

It's a light, fresh flowery perfume that doesn't last long, but its short stay is very much appreciated. Lovely and pretty to wear during daytime, even for an innocent date, that would be cute.

It's not spectacular or ground-breaking, but because of the emotional value, I don't think I'll ever forget about this scent.

A Light Rose Cologne
Somehow I have managed to avoid Roger & Gallet my entire life. Not sure how or why, but all that changed, with a recent wearing of ROSE eau douce parfumée. This is a very light natural-smelling cologne featuring a pleasant, slightly sweet rose scent.

I'm not going to complain that the sillage is low and longevity poor, because no one ever claimed that this was supposed to be perfume. Instead, it's a friendly body spray-type scent best suited for a quick pick-me-up or when wants just a touch of rosiness. Smells just fine, for what it is. No complaints.

AnessaAnessa 2 years ago
A Trompe-l’œil rose in aquarelle, hanging above an empty vase. Pretty bottle suited as gifts, would get sth. more substantial for the price.

Popular Roger & Gallet

Open White by Roger & Gallet Open Black by Roger & Gallet Open (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet Open Gold by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (2008) by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau de Parfum) by Roger & Gallet Gingembre by Roger & Gallet Cassis Frénésie by Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus by Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet Thé Fantaisie by Roger & Gallet Amande Persane by Roger & Gallet Eau des Bienfaits by Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina Extra-Vieille (2012) by Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (Eau Fraîche) by Roger & Gallet Eau Sublime Or - Bois d'Orange by Roger & Gallet Ylang by Roger & Gallet Tubéreuse Hédonie by Roger & Gallet L'Homme (1979) (Eau de Toilette) by Roger & Gallet