Mousse Illuminée by Rogue

Mousse Illuminée 2018

RisingChaos
26.07.2021 - 07:36 AM

Nuclear Blast of Fresh Cypress

Dear LORD the opening is a nuclear blast of treemoss and green cypress, almost piney, with an herbal tinge and noticeable menthol accord (from... where?). An extremely bright tuberose is revealed after a few minutes followed by a light, airy jasmine as the scent transforms into something more woody and green with a hint of fresh spice. Very bright and uplifting, like walking through a heavily coniferous forest. Not a damp deciduous forest like Chypre-Siam, but not totally dry like Fougere L'aube... so like a gentle mist of morning dew? The day after light rainfall? ? Alternatively, this is a very strong pine-scented aftershave.

I can understand why some think it too medicinal, with that mysterious menthol accord and all, but I don't get that at all. I mean, I get the menthol accord but it just comes across so fresh and uplifting here, I love it. Nuclear projection for 2-3hr, longevity 6-8hr. And that's with the roller ball sample... can't wait to blow my nose out with an atomizer when my full bottle comes in.

Latest Reviews

RisingChaosRisingChaos 25 days ago
L'Homme Ultime - Yves Saint Laurent

L'Homme Ultime Rosy Terre d'Hermes?
Very bright, fresh ginger and citrus in the opening. Maybe a bit floral, but it's not as rosy as I expected. The rose comes in more as it dries down, though, in addition to a prominent apple note and a hint of woods. Becomes a rosy vetiver in the deep...

RisingChaosRisingChaos 25 days ago
Sorriso - Profumum Roma

Sorriso Synthetic Mess Becomes Choco-Vanilla Gourmand
Opening is an extremely dense and creamy cocoa butter on my nose. There are sweet facets, more chocolate and less vanilla, swirling about but they're dominated by the lotion-like (perhaps waxy as some describe) cocoa...