Jasmin Antique 2020

Jasmin Antique by Rogue
Jasmin Antique is a new perfume by Rogue for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-animal. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Manuel Cross (Brand Owner, Perfume maker)

Jasminum grandiflorumJasminum grandiflorum
MuskMusk
CloveClove
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Drseid, last update on 15.10.2021.

Gorgeous High Quality Jasmine Soliflore
Rogue Perfumery Jasmin Antique eau de toilette. Perfumer Manuel Cross.

Notes: Jasmine Grandiflorum, Musk, Clove, Vanilla.

In the last few months I have been exploring jasmine as a note. I love jasmine, so naturally, I had to try Jasmin Antique. Jasmin Antique is my most recent acquisition, and I must say I am very happy with my purchase. This is a gorgeous jasmine soliflore. If I sniffed this fragrance blindly and was told it was a J-P Guerlain or Dominique Ropion creation, I would believe it immediately. This is high praise indeed from someone who loves both these perfumers's work.

At first spray, JA reminds me quite a bit of Lush Lust, but whereas Lust turns into a quite smoky jasmine on my skin, JA transitions into a more natural albeit a bit heady jasmine. If you love jasmine, I think you will definitely love this fragrance. I personally feel it leans feminine. Performance is good. Projection is about arm's length, and sillage is good. Longevity is about average. (I am a bit of an over sprayer, so take this fact into account). This is a quality niche fragrance for a reasonable price. Highly recommended to jasmine lovers and would-be jasmine lovers. I am totally smitten with JA. I do not recommend it for the office, but it would make a lovely special occasion fragrance or a date fragrance. I think it could be worn during the day if you do not overspray as I do.

I like the presentation, too. Firstly, who would not love this name? I have the 100ml bottle, and it feels nice in my hand with a good atomiser. The glass feels as substantial as a Chanel bottle, and the label is attractive. The cap is obviously enhanced by hand to look a bit more distinctive, but I think it succeeds nicely. The box is attractive and snug, and the inner liner protects the bottle very well. Unless dropped from a good height, if the bottle were secure in this box, I think it could survive a fall from a dresser or countertop.

Fragrance: 9/10
Projection: 7/10
Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10

Packaging: 7/10

A Beautiful Jasmine Fragrance
Now I have to say this smells really lovely and better than I was expecting. The jasmine is fresh, full bodied, well rounded and intricate displaying different nuances. It actually smells better than the Egyptian Jasmine which is the fragrance that made me fall in love with the note. It's like the creator has taken the natural jasmine smell and enhanced it so it smells like it's in hi definition.

It opens with fresh jasmine blossoms and I did pick up slight indolic (skanky note) for the first half hour but it was just so slight it enhanced the smell instead of overwhelming or unbalancing the composition. Then for the next few hours everything goes full throttle and you are surrounded with a beautiful jasmine accord which shows you different facets ever-time you smell it. In fact it's amazing how he has made a soliflore smell complex and deep. Very beautiful!

After the first few hours I can smell cloves which add a warm spicy slight woodsy feel just enough to complement the jasmine. This is joined by a dash of vanilla just to add that je ne sais quoi to the mix.

All in all it smells very beautiful and natural smelling with enough depth to have you sniffing yourself all day long. For me there is a certain magic with the jasmine note especially when smelled at night on a balmy warm evening.

Reference Jasmine Soliflore...
Jasmin Antique skips detectable top notes, instead opening right at its early heart with deep, voluminous high quality jasmine supported by musk ketone that provides depth and a hint of sweetness while bolstering the jasmine’s indolic facet. During the dry-down the jasmine gradually softens, revealing subtle facets of the white floral, with non-powdery vanilla and warm clove spice from the base adding an near-lemony sheen as time passes through the finish. Projection is outstanding, as is longevity at around 15 hours on skin.

I confess to being a major jasmine lover. When skillfully used in a composition it can take a perfume from very good to stellar. It can also just as easily destroy a result when used improperly. In this case, we have a jasmine soliflore. With so much focus on the white floral jasmine, the perfumer better use some really high quality stuff or the shortcomings of the composition will be all too obvious. I am happy to report that perfumer Cross obviously used some of the best quality jasmine he could come by, and absolutely it comes out in the results. To enhance the depth and indolic facets of the jasmine, early-on IFRA compliance avoiding musk ketone is folded into the mix, and the result is heavenly smelling. That said, as good as the first couple hours are, the composition only gets better and better, as subtle vanilla and clove from the base gradually soften the jasmine with the indoles receding, adding an almost lemony sheen with an intoxicating result that just can’t be described in words. It is extremely rare that this writer calls a perfume “perfect,” but I honestly can’t find a single fault from top-to-bottom. On the contrary, this is masterpiece caliber stuff by perfumer Cross. The bottom line is the $140 per 60ml Jasmin Antique is a reference quality “masterpiece” rated 5 stars out of 5 jasmine soliflore using top quality materials and amazing skill from perfumer Manuel Cross that demands a sniff from any lover of the white floral and is recommended without question.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 month ago
A warm and powdery, musky floral-sweet Mid season fragrance, with a rather pungent, spicy floral-green opening. Awesome jasmine soliflore!
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Yep, it's jasmine. Light, airy, uplifting white floral. Dry, slightly powdery, pollinic even. Strongly indolic opening but levels out later.
MarabuntaMarabunta 10 months ago
Linear, indolic, pungent and very natural. Perfect as a signature scent.

by Ustad
by Ustad

Popular Rogue

Mousse Illuminée by Rogue Chypre-Siam by Rogue Derviche by Rogue Flora & Fauna by Rogue Tabac Vert by Rogue Bon Monsieur by Rogue Fougère L'Aube by Rogue Champs Lunaires by Rogue Tuberose & Moss by Rogue Ishtar by Rogue Flos Mortis by Rogue Le Canotier by Rogue 40 Rogue by Rogue Vetifleur by Rogue Derviche II by Rogue