A Midsummer Dream 2016

A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums
Top 75 in Unisex Perfume
A Midsummer Dream is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes LemonLemon BergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamenCyclamen GeraniumGeranium May roseMay rose Orange blossomOrange blossom MagnoliaMagnolia
Base Notes Base NotesRhubarbRhubarb CardamomCardamom Elemi resinElemi resin Pink pepperPink pepper PatchouliPatchouli OakmossOakmoss VetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood Fir balsamFir balsam BenzoinBenzoin VanillaVanilla CocoaCocoa AmberAmber Carrot seedCarrot seed IrisIris MuskMusk

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 22.05.2022.

Lothlorien In atomizer
Clear is the water in thy spring, White the stream in white hand, Fairer still are foliage and land In Dwimordene, in Lórien, Than mortal thoughts.

Even though the scent is based on Shakespeare's a Midsummers Nights Dream and is anything but clear I have to think of Lothlorien when I smell it.
Gold as the Elbenwald stores the fragrance in its bottle and just waiting to beguile one with its beauty.

Multilayered, mysterious and difficult for mortals to decipher the fragrance takes you to a beautiful forest clearing. Bedded on a bed of moss you listen to the elven songs, the summer night starry sky look. Around you the elvish flower and herb beds.

At the beginning fresh, later then floral, spicy, receives a beautiful fragrance that has the potential to take you into another world and let you dream. One of the fragrances in which I fell in love at first sniff. The connection to Shakespeare's play is given, even if I (yes Lord of the Rings fan) inevitably had to think of the image of Lothlorien.

Highly recommended, even if the price is a bit steep
Nadbob
The fragrance to fall in love with
Hi all,

after long thinking and testing other Rojas I have a flacon of A Midsummer Dream ergattern können.

At first I thought the fragrance is good but not wow.

However, I realized relatively quickly that the longer he is on the arm and the deeper I allow him to delight me, the more I fall in love with him.

A Midsummer Dream is by no means for the masses or will please everyone.
But what it wants to be, it is 100%
A high quality niche fragrance that is not available in other houses.

It starts with a lovely powdery but gentle yet strong grapefruit.
After about 30 minutes, the sharp grapefruit goes into the background and is replaced by a very pleasant powdery fragrant.
The powdery remains one from beginning to end always.

If I had to describe the fragrance in one word I would say: Lovely.
It smells very sensual and romantic but not in a sexy way, but in a "I'm falling in love with you right now" way.
Incredible: the way Roja describes his inspiration, I am 100% with him.

A love potion that when you get it in your eyes, makes you fall madly in love with you.
(Important: Metaphorically in the eyes. kids don't replicate at home ?)

Super fragrance I want to keep forever.
By the fact that one sprays him not so often because he is just such a feel good love fragrance, the 100ml also keeps forever.

Purchase recommendation on my part.
Always test before please! But I think that he would like many here.

Warm-weather oriental example!
Linen, sun, sea and high temperatures means only one thing. Vacation and all the way summer vibes with my magical fragrance from Roja.

Zesty grapefruit in the opening with cardamom and pink pepper later turns into sophisticated and seductive scent with oakmoss, vanilla, benzoin, vetiver, cedarwood and carrot seed as the most recognizable notes.

Longevity is easy 10 hours on my skin with moderate sillage.

Fresh and at the same time mystical and profound. One of the best examples of warm-weather oriental fragrance. Glad I finally got this one
Medianus76
The secret of a summer...
"There, look! There ahead under the old oaks not far from the clearing!" said Chris in a whispering voice to his friend Will, pointing roughly in that direction with his forefinger. Will, all nervous and uneasy as he crouched on his knees, pushed aside the thick brush hanging down from the ledge. The air shimmered in the heat of this late summer day, as suddenly this incredible and fabulous scenario manifested itself before his eyes as well...

The two had always been good friends. Always in search of new adventures, they have recently searched an old attic. In the process, this old map had fallen into their hands. Dusty and written in faded ink, this fragile parchment had marked a place they actually thought they knew. The map showed the enchanted clearing in the Bleak Forest. There were many eerie tales surrounding this forest in general and in front of the clearing in particular. That was why they had never ventured there before, even though curiosity had always lured them. But now, with this ancient map, they could no longer resist the temptation to seek out this place. For on the destination of this map was something incredible...

Will couldn't believe his eyes. "Pinch me good," he asked his buddy. "I think I'm dreaming..."
On an old gnarled stump of cedar sat a pan. Clinging to the base of the stump was a carpet of orange, summer citrus blossoms. Lovely and benevolent, they filled the surroundings with their tartly sweet, creamy scent. The Pan itself, an ancient creature of times long past, had two legs overgrown with moss and lichen, resembling a ram. On his head were two imposing curved horns, which shimmered soft and velvety in the dusky evening sun. In his hands he held a panpipe, and each time he played it, it emitted glittering bubbles of fine musk. The bubbles caught in his long woody beard, bursting and mingling with the other aromas to create an essence worthy of this figure.
What a breathtaking image and scent it was, carried gently and unassumingly by the evening breeze to the two of them. A mood as if from another world that could not have been more magical...

"Come on Will, let's go again before he spots us," Chris urged his friend. Will replied in a low voice, "Yeah, let's get out of here and keep quiet about it. Let this be our secret this summer..."

A Midsummer Dream was, surprisingly, an olfactory game changer for me in a long time. On the one hand, the aura of this nevertheless quite complex work has reached me and on the other hand just as convinced. Just the fact that I could immediately during the first test an imaginary bridge to Terre d'Hermes and a little bit also to The Tycoon, let me sink deeply into this composition.
The reference is, in my opinion, obvious. The orange blossoms as well as the citrusy sprinklers at the beginning, are with all their facets in Midsummer richer and more distinct than in TDH. Especially the top note scores here, although it is less dry and brittle in appearance, but expressive and present - simply beautiful.
The further course is enhanced by the velvety and soft resins, which give fullness and depth. Through the magical aura of the forest mosses it glitters all the time and every time when said soap bubbles burst and the fragrance molecules spread as a fine veil in the environment, it was done around me! The elegantly woven musk characterizes and shapes the fragrance structure significantly and represents for me an essential component in the entire spectrum. All these components make Midsummer finally to what it is:
Magical, mysterious, actually a little like from a fairy tale and one deeply in the soul touching...

Since this was the first Roja with which I have dealt more closely, I can or must correct my opinion regarding the label a little. Significantly the probably exaggerated pricing policy, so seems to me also with Midsummer the price relatively high. To what extent this is actually justified, however, I can not judge. Another small shortcoming of the fragrance would probably be the lack of corners and edges. The fragrance is always round, soft, smooth...a soul-flatterer. But that's exactly what he wants to be...a summer night's dream!

"The cheerful is the master of his soul" (William Shakespeare)

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to this dreamy summer night...

A Midsummer Night Dream

A walk through an enchanted garden,a story about fauns and bewitched forest beings.A complex masterpiece created to transport the wearer through a summer night dream,through a flora and fauna marriage,through trees covered in moss and orange blossoms.A fresh floral fragrance designed to look and smell just like a Shakespeare poem,a fairytale with no beginning and no end,A Midsummer Dream aims to uncover the unique mythical universe of Master Roja Dove.

Alluring Imagery
A Midsummer Dream (AMD) may be a little generic for a Roja scent but is beautiful nonetheless. It sparkles like many of his other scents and mixes elements of freshness with warmth with the citruses, spices, and resins. It really feels like you're walking through an enchanted forest on a summer evening with plenty of fireflies buzzing around; a bright moon lighting the night sky above; all creating a magical atmosphere to the beholder. If I had a complaint about AMD, it would be its performance: the aroma sticks around for a while but becomes a skin scent within an hour of application on me. I love the scent for the beautiful thoughts it evokes. Is it just propaganda? Is it too expensive for what it offers? Possibly; either way—I'm hooked.
Ischgelroi
More like an end of summer...
I almost blindly bought a bottle of a Midsummer Dream, because the fragrance pyramid exactly matched my scheme of a summer scent. Fortunately, I did not buy a bottle. A friendly Parfumo made me a small bottling of A Midsummer Dream, so I was able to test the scent extensively yesterday. Unfortunately, I do not like A Midsummer Dream at all. The scent reminds me a little of a bug spray with an addition of stale floral water and moldy lemon.

I think many will hate me for this review on a very good reviewing Roja, but unfortunately I don't like this Roja at all. The scent is very unpleasant for me unfortunately and I really had my problems having a Midsummer Dream on my skin for the whole 8-9 hours and not washing the scent off.

I can smell bergamot and grapefruit here at first, which I also like but then comes this moldy lemon combined with the bug spray and floral waters, which unfortunately makes the scent completely unpleasant for me

If the midsummer smells like this I would rather immediately wish the end of summer, because this perfume unfortunately associates for me nothing summery and the summer should not smell musty. A Midsummer Dream goes unfortunately not at all for me.
Fantastically beautiful, fantastically implemented
After extensive testing of various Roja fragrances, I am now writing a commentary on the fragrance that I actually like best by far. So well in fact that it not only got a 10 from me, but landed directly in my collection. But this fragrance is not as high in the perfume charts as other Roja fragrances. It's a pity actually, because I think that "A Midsummer Dream" is underestimated. Especially because I had the feeling that the others had smelled it somewhere before. I did not know the scent as I describe it yet. Especially the top note I found special and special
According to the manufacturer, the fragrance starts with a bergamot/grapefruit combination. I rather perceive a ripe, but dried and bitter grapefruit. This is very present and I think that the fruitiness and freshness comes from the bergamot. It plays around the grapefruit, which gives the whole thing something unusual, but amazingly thoughtful and interesting. Definitely an opening that you have to get involved with first, but which is becoming more and more accessible and fascinating.

In the heart it becomes creamy and above all it remains citric-orange blossom. I don't know myself how orange blossoms smell in reality, but "what with orange" I recognize here immediately and 100%. The creamy and softness probably comes from the May rose. Here a certain basic theme continues for me. A central note, which can actually be recognized and differentiated, is artfully accompanied and complemented by another. Due to the citric base note, the grapefruit top note is actually preserved for a relatively long time, while the fresh fruity prelude of bergamot says goodbye early on.

The base. In my opinion, this may be the reason why this perfume is considered unisex. There are so many different, especially beautiful components and none of them really dominant, that it probably depends on what you are so familiar with. Is it the oakmoss if you know more green scents? Is it the vanilla? All in all I perceive something spicy, woody (cardamom?) but also something slightly smoky has already been reported to me by others. What is exciting for me is that the basic theme of the top and heart notes described above is dissolving. Instead of a more dominant note that is accompanied, a soft and noble bouquet is now presented, from which one can "dream" out the favourite scents. Wonderful.

In summary, I think it is masterful how a really enchanting scent was created here. A scent gradient that you want to smell like. This is essential in a perfume. Durability for me about one working day and Sillage very neat. I don't even count compliments anymore. The bottle - the most beautiful in my collection. In view of the price, I would of course wish that it would never run out, but I guess that remains a dream. At least a beautiful one.
DerDefcon
Scorching heat, mild summer night.
"A Midsummer Dream" is the first Roja fragrance I tested and one that I knew before I tested it that it would never be part of my small collection. I don't have to explain the reason, you will be able to guess it. Nevertheless, I was very happy about the small sample that the perfume "Max1403" sent me as part of our swap, because even if a purchase will definitely not take place, this does not exclude tasting, sniffing and testing. But enough of this. Let's get to our "Midsummer Dream".

The prelude captivates with a very authentic, slightly dried grapefruit. Probably it was lying in the sun for a little too long, which is why it lacks the sourness, the effervescence, even the fruit juice. It is only bitter, but remains recognizable as a grapefruit throughout the entire fragrance, does not sting or scratch the nose.
With the onset of orange blossom, our until then dry-bitter grapefruit experiences a wonderfully creamy, floral impact. A little sweetness - typical for this bloomer - also resonates and contrasts the bitterness of the grapefruit, without limiting or drowning it out. The interplay here is simply perfect - so round and reflecting the summer in all its facets. The dried fruit reminds one of the scorching heat of a summer day, while the discreetly sweet orange blossom, which is not too offensive, symbolises the mild summer night, which one prefers to spend away from the urban hustle and bustle, preferably in a meadow, a clearing, enjoying the clear starry sky above until the next sunrise. For me this is a "Midsummer Dream", which I simply cannot describe in any other way. Summer is captured here in the most wonderful way and enchants its surroundings, especially at night.

A dream of summer
About Roja Dove you can say or write what you want, but one thing is clear as daylight: he doesn't make tinkered scents with bad quality - at least not until now. On the contrary: A Midsummer Dream offers the ideal stuff for a, well comedic I will not mention now, but at least extremely positively tuned scent for cheerful days or those that should be.

It opens with a true cornucopia of fruity notes, or omits the otherwise more typical Roja Dove lemon, but adds more tangy grapefruit with minimal acidity plus a few fresh green notes and an exciting slow transition towards creamy orange blossom.

The first few minutes alone are exhilaratingly beautiful and whet your appetite for more ... more scent, more sun, more summer - but perhaps not necessarily more heat.

The long lasting middle part with the focused orange blossoms does not remind of APOM pour Homme from MFK by chance. But while those with a personal touch become a little too dry and dull, A Midsummer Dream offers more freshness, liveliness and refinement with floral and spicy accents. Simply an interwoven complexity of premium and natural-looking nuances typical of RD.
Sweet, but not too sweet and simply full without being exaggerated or even penetrating.

The summer dream dims creamily towards the long-term end, with the orange blossom still perceptible for some time. In my opinion, this is the dominant ingredient in this eau de parfum, fairytale beautiful and in part perhaps more for the summer night than for the day, but otherwise independent of day and gender.

If you basically like orange blossom fragrances, you will definitely feel more than comfortable with this summer dream. And if you don't like them, you might still get something out of them.

TOPTOP 11 months ago
A very beautiful scent - it's a concert for the nose. Unfortunately, it is very expensive. With this fragrance, you will get a compliment :)
AldestAldest 2 years ago
On my skin, this is Terre d'Hermès .... not more
BeOrtegaBeOrtega 2 years ago
This is basically Roja Dove - Madison Lite

by Fogge
by Fogge
by LadyLuxifer
wenn sommernächte ganztags zu erschnuppern sind werden träumchen endlich wahr! welch ein formvollendetes gedicht des duftpoeten roja dove...
by Felsn
by LeSamourai
by OleTrufa
by OleTrufa

Popular by Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums Madison pour Homme by Roja Parfums