Amber Aoud 2012 Parfum

Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Top 32 in Unisex Perfume
Amber Aoud (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Roja Dove

PatchouliPatchouli
SaffronSaffron
SandalwoodSandalwood
BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.10.2021.

The scent is also available as Absolue Précieux and Crystal Parfum. The Crystal Parfum is supposed be the result of a special distillation technique to create colorless oils.

MrInfinite
If the rose gives me a headache....
Mr. Dove,

I like your fragrance creations. They always manage to convince me that my oud addiction is physiological origin. Admittedly, this representative is quite restrained and lets the 'tangy' rose take precedence. In the midst of the fragrance progression and right up to the end, I find Amber Aoud to be a beautiful amber scent that has no need to hide, due to the various resins. But I probably won't have room for this Roja in my collection. I found the floral side a bit too pungent and I react to that with a slight headache. Too bad, too bad but it's probably not meant to be.
Who wears Amber Aoud will receive a positive response in the first 4-5 hours afterwards rather less, because he becomes skin tight
Farneon
Finally I was tested, but without a clear result! ;-)
In fact, I managed to get hold of a sample of this highly praised fragrance. Of course, you can spend 450 euros for a 50 ml bottle, but only if you are extremely wealthy and slightly megalomaniac! ;-) Clearly Roja is not MY league and actually I do not want to play in it!

So far, only "Elysium" by Roja had come under my nose, which is described here as citrus-fresh. Under this I honestly understand something else, because it seemed to me maximum fruity-animalic. Nevertheless, practically every fragrance of this exclusive brand achieves a fabulously good overall rating here. Of course, this may also be due to the fact that "Otto Normaldufter" there not even bids and -evaluated! ;-)

But whether Roja, Amouage, Marly or Kilian: Basically, 90% of the fragrances of these niche brands are simply too sweet for me! This one is considered oriental-woody, but the first and last thing that arrives in my nose is sweetness, even if it decreases a little over time. Of course, with amber in the name, that was to be expected. I didn't choose the sample either, since I'm not a big oud fan anyway, but that's exactly why I want to compare "Amber Aoud" - I'm deliberately not abbreviating it ;-) - here times with my "amateur nose" evaluate.

I smell quite quality, so that should be given to me. It may also have been processed the choicest ingredients in this fragrance. However, I am not able to judge that just because of my sense of smell. Warmth and harmony float around me, even if I must say directly: This fragrance does not belong on my skin. But I'm only slowly venturing into other spheres that I didn't even know existed 4-5 years ago. I can now also live with sweet, powdery and leathery notes and these in the appropriate mixture for me (!) quite something abgewinnen.

Oud I have in any case already more strongly perceived and ambergris already finer dosed. All other components open up to my nose only marginally, saffron perhaps excluded. What I like is that "Amber Aoud" is not too extreme hammer and the scent progression is rather linear than constantly changing. Unisex he is all the time, for me even a little too much tailored to the ladies.

My final (as always subjective) judgment: sweetish warmth for the colder season is conveyed here harmoniously with great durability, but (fortunately) not overflowing sillage. I miss a bit of "toughness", perhaps a dash of vetiver, a hint of incense or a tart citrus note. In no way does the price justify the purchase in my eyes. "Ambre Nuit" by Dior, for example, costs converted to offered quantity only a fifth! and strikes in the same notch!
Veni, vidi, vici..
...certainly not 1:1 true, in the approach, however, probably by far the most meaningful quote regarding my encounter with the troops of Pontus... sorry...Roja of course!

Speaking of encounters, this one unfortunately started, due to travel restrictions, not at 51 Burlington Arcade in Mayfair, but with a visit to Roja's homepage. Experience shopping in the evening on the sofa. Roja's marketing strategy seems to be a success, as I had already, after only a few minutes, successfully added a handful of fragrances to my shopping cart. Order with payment? Why not, 5 stars summer vacation falls this year anyway again into the water! In the end, reason and common sense prevailed and I completed my order including Amber Aoud and a pair of 7.5 ml Discorvery Atomisers. After sending the tracking ID, I have this then of course hourly chased by the DPD shipment tracking. Childish, clearly!

In transit (UK),
Parcel cleared by customs (NL),
At parcel delivery centre (DE),
Out for delivery (DE),
WICKED!!!!

My parcel was marked with a large warning label "dangerous goods". Yes, I can confirm that, after skin contact with AA.

I have never, experienced such an authentic and aromatic citrus start. Finally, no WC duck! After a short time, rose then joins and AA becomes m. E. a little heavier and more elegant, but does not lose its initial fresh breeze. Fig and jasmine certainly help to perfect the whole fragrance experience, though I don't really notice these notes. The grand finale is, warm, woody-spicy, leathery and Roja typical with a hint of powdery chypre feel. The oud comes across very fresh and subtle and is neither medicinal nor fecal. However, I do notice a very slight cheesy note at temperatures above 25°C. Thus for me definitely no summer scent. Nevertheless, unique and exceptionally beautiful!

He came, he saw, he conquered!

Ptsau
Another love of Rose Oud combination!
This is gorgeous. I got a 2ml sample of it and thought it smells just like the Oud Satin Mood that I already have at first but once it dries down, it runs its own course. It’s Ambery, the rose is not as jammy, more Oud detected, and the ambergris gives it a slight animalic. Performance is not as beastly as OSM but more rounder, though still very good performance but just not as loud (still not skin scent) so the Amber Aoud is more versatile and wearable while I have to be careful on the occasion using OSM because it is so strong. Last about 10+ hours on my skin while OSM lasts 12+ hours. Actually I shouldn’t compare them together because they only have similar opening and they’re both rose Oud combination. They’re very different after the opening. I got to be honest, the Amber Aoud has even better quality (divine quality) than OSM, although I thought the quality of OSM is already so good. It’s just smoother. I still love them both.

I’m going to get a 100ml of it now. The problem is, I don’t know which version I should get. I got a sample of the crystal Parfum version too and they smell the same but I found the dark juice version has slightly better performance and thicker than the crystal version while the crystal version is safe on clothes. Anyone can help me with choosing?
Guenni
Roja Dove Is Actually Not A Black Sheep...
We know or have already met several times people who only have a big mouth, but nothing behind it.

In the fragrance world it is the same: Geile bottles with noble boxes, etc.. But the fragrance itself is not worth talking about.

Roja Dove is certainly one of those.........I thought to myself. I was wrong.

I tested Amber Aoud, Aoud and Enigma.

Old folder!!!

Amber Aoud is indeed beautiful, more beautiful and most beautiful!!!
This starts right off with an opulent rose that outshines all the other ingredients for a while.
My skin seems to like rose. Even with Aoud, I noticed a dominant rose.

However, the character of Amber Aoud is markedly different.
While Aoud presents a fleshy or bloody and smoky rose, I perceive a freshly conductive rose in Amber Aoud.

After about 3 hrs, Aber comes into play and makes the fragrance a tad more complex through a perfectly balanced interplay between Amber and the rose.

Oud I do not smell.... I could only perceive amber and rose. So I went to bed once yesterday.
Today I got up at 7am after my 9 hour sleep.
. The scent is still there. However, it has become a soft oud scent. When exactly oud will come on the scene, I don't know. But the soft oud scent was there!

What surprised me was the clear statement from this fragrance: what starts opulent, soft and fresh, closes all chapters fresh and soft. No nasty surprise! Even oud was quiet and "gone with the wind" without weakening.
It was different with Aoud. There remained only ashes of oud at the end, which also convinced me very much.

The development itself may not sound so exciting. But high-quality is the fragrance and the fragrance represents a perfect balance for the depth.
Earlier, I had once tested Rose Oud by Kilian. Rose Oud was much brighter and much fresher.
Yesterday, I still had Satin Mood by MFK on my right arm and the Rose was noticeably smokier and "darker".
Amber Aoud would be somewhere between Rose Oud and Satin Mood in terms of depth.

Amber Aoud is already very sumptuous and opulent. I would wear Amber Aoud rather on special occasions, where possibly Amouage Gold or Jubilation XXV could play into the game.
Olfactory Amouage Gold and Jubilation XXV have nothing in common with Amber Aoud. But all belong to the luxury class now.

Amber Aoud I can imagine on great ladies with their aristocratic names, carrying Birkin Bag or Kelly Bag and wearing a high-end cashmere coat from Loro Piana.

725 EUR is the price of the fragrance. As for the PLV, everyone must know for themselves, as the PLV is always subjective.
Amber Aoud is what for quiet connoisseurs and for trained nose, with which you can identify all the ingredients and have fun.

You have to hand it to Roja Dove: He manages to seduce people with his fragrances to a world of luxury.
He takes inspiration from old classics and he puts a modern twist on them. And that is successful.
Manogi
Noble scent in the cow barn
I guess I'm the only one who thinks Amber Aoud barnyardig. I can best describe the fragrance experience as if I was entering a cow barn wearing a nice smoky perfume. And this is not meant disrespectfully at all, because I like that. I also mean to notice that real ambergris is used here. There's a world of difference between amber aoud and perfumes that contain ambroxan. I therefore agree with most of the comments. The scent is great. Unfortunately, I will not be able to afford a whole bottle for the foreseeable future.
HIRH
Why do you do this to me, Roja?
The Roja Amber Aoud was a buy candidate for me last year. I knew about the existence of the Roja brand before my visit to the niche perfumery, but I also knew that people at Roja seemed to share my oriental fragrance preferences. But I was not aware of the quality of the fragrances and the price called for.

It was winter and I was in search of warming amber scent. Gladly in combination with some oud, because I simply love oud. I was presented with Tiziana Terenzi's Dionisio (which actually has vanilla as a second component instead of oud; oud only emerges in the base note at the end of the fragrance cycle) and Amber Aoud.

I sprayed one perfume on the left and one on the right. I could identify amber, oud and saffron as essential components of Roja. Amber and saffron, an already great combination known from iconic fragrances like MFK Baccarat Rouge. Then add some oud, which makes it stand out in a certain way. Seductive, oriental, yet gentle.

Nevertheless, I decided to go with Dionisio. Not because of the price, at that time I did not know the prices of both perfumes. But because I was looking for a cosy winter warmth on that day, which Dionisio rather corresponded to with the amber-vanilla combination.

Nevertheless, since that day I can't get the Amber Aoud out of my head. He is so beautiful and so gentle and so unique.

I hope to be able to get into a life situation one day that allows me to spend 725€ for 100ml perfume without a guilty conscience. Until then I wait patiently to be able to add it to my collection.

Cheers
Mansoury
The Arab in a jacket or Prince Harry in a caftan?
Amber Aoud by Roja is the gentlest oriental fragrance I have ever smelled, such a fine fragrance composition where each instrument in the symphony plays its part in the masterpiece.

We don't need to talk about shelf life or silage with this fragrance, because they are overwhelming in their own way and wise.
Roja typical top quality.
The first time I wore this fragrance, I was in Dubai, where a local guy approached me about my scent, we got to talking, it turned out that he was a Roja fanatic and was surprised that I was wearing this fragrance.
In the end we stayed in touch, until today, his collection of fragrances is indescribable.

Let us now come to the essential, Roja typical the product is delivered in a high quality packaging the bottle is a 10/10, spray head could be a little bit finer for this price as with Black Afgano.

Otherwise I have nothing to complain about this fragrance, of course it has its price but now and then you can get it for a fair price
Stay healthy, my dears.

Your mansoury
Serenissima
"Sillages, Sons de Parfum"
At this year's International Herrenchiemsee Festival, which Ennoch von Guttenberg (one of his sons is better known than him) founded in 2000 in the Hall of Mirrors of the impressive castle, a special premiere for us perfumers took place.
The Portuguese composer Bruno Soeiro, together with the Basel Chamber Orchestra, presented his latest composition: "Sillages, Sons de Parfum". He's trying to make perfume traces audible.
That sounds quite interesting at first and, according to the reviewer of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, he doesn't seem to have missed the real life with scents that much.
It says: "At times they (the perfume scent traces) seemed a little too strongly applied, but could also evaporate into surprisingly subtle decrescendi."
That this work lacks the finesse, however, was made clear in the next movement.

This is certainly an extraordinary attempt to capture scents in tones.
Do we know that fragrances have colours, shapes, sounds and even whole stories and memories? I can sing my own song about it and so I asked myself: would I have liked to be there when this sound child was born?
I'm not quite sure.

I'm sure I don't want to float on the scent of "Amber Aoud".
Oh, yeah! The Roja perfumes, which I got to know so far, gave new nourishment to my enthusiasm for oriental fragrances: I am really hungry for them!

"Amber Aoud" is a special fragrance event: smoky, spicy and woody Oud meets the warmth of precious ambergris.
But even with this extraordinary composition, the path first leads over a citrus-fresh bridge into this dreamlike fragrance Orient.
A pretty trio was put together here, which also welcomes the fig friendly.
Afterwards, however, you are already immersed in the luxuriousness of the flower worlds: Jasmine, again not quiet and fine.
No, jasmine shows its full beauty, which the enfleurage could elicit from the magnificent white flowers.
In the past it was said to have been exhilaratingly beautiful around Grasse to the jasmine blossom: huge fields dominated by flower masses - a sinful dream in scent.
In the meantime, large parts of the valley, which used to be green and fragrant, have been converted into industrial and luxury villas and apartments, destroying these valuable fields with natural fragrances.
Also the cultivation of the Mairose suffers a similar fate; against this is probably still fought.
"Money makes the World going round!" - unfortunately also here.
Maybe this knowledge makes me especially fond and precious of the two beauties Jasmine and Mairose in "Amber Aoud", combined here in such a fabulous way.
Combined with the generous embrace of luminous Ylang-Ylang, the fragrance now leads directly into the world of Thousand and One Nights.
A light-woody birch, the powdery iris and oak moss - beautiful dark green and warm - still form an aromatic fragrance greeting from Europe.
But already saffron embraces with an oriental touch; while patchouli provides the golden-brown earthy depth of this fragrance composition.
Musk and flirtatiously enticing cinnamon are fully integrated into this sensual creation - woody spice and creamy freshness of blossom beauty have so far offered themselves voluptuously.
But there is still something missing, the crowning finish; the couple that gives this Roja fragrance its name: golden ambergris warmth and oud, especially smoky and spicy.
But these two seem to bring me a little animalistic smelling friend.
Because also I perceive a not so quite weak Zibet note mentioned in other places.
All these precious scents are driven once again by a magic baton to the sonorous scent finale:
"Be embraced..." "Amber Aoud" seems to sing loud and melodious.

Like a scent and sound painting in the rich colours yellow, brown, golden brown and gold, this extraordinary seducer of senses appears.
For several hours "Amber Aoud" beguiles, not exactly shy and quiet. This fragrance god knows its value and is not willing to take a single step back.
This is also not necessary: I gladly leave the guidance to him with this completely special dance of the senses!
Because many a precious fragrance whirl makes me stagger easily - that's why I need the embrace of this powerful luxury being!
So be welcome!

Diyenli61
This scent makes you feel smile
This perfect blended parfume is warm and sweet. It takes you to Golf countries with memoires you had there. You can perfectly take the amber and aoud from this bottle on your clothes. This scent makes me feel happy.

MariaSMariaS 3 months ago
What a masterpiece! It’s an ambery rose oud combo with spices, well blended scent, Extremely overpriced!
StaticStatic 5 months ago
Flavour profiling in here! This is luxury from beginning & it never ends! Sweet seductive Amber & heavenly Aoud (and all the other masters)
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
After a brief spicy-animalic citric opening, this warm and salty spicy-floral Chypre, settles to a gentle earthy-woody base. Sadly overhyped
Q8baggioQ8baggio 5 years ago
A smooth sweet luxury Aoud with a excellent longevity.

Schönen 2. Advent für alle ..**
by Irini
Gegensätze ziehen sich an, dunkles Aoud und weisse Unschuld :-)
by Rosie88
by CubaMike
by CubaMike
by Twocents
by Twocents
A great amber / oud, but then I've met them more complex and better
by Carlossp

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums