Amber Aoud (2012)

Amber Aoud by Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig, Grasse jasmine, May rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oud, Birch, Cinnamon, Musk, Oakmoss, Iris, Patchouli, Saffron, Sandalwood, Benzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.04.2019

The scent is also available as Absolue Précieux and Crystal Parfum. The Crystal Parfum is supposed be the result of a special distillation technique to create colorless oils.

10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Diyenli61
This scent makes you feel smile
This perfect blended parfume is warm and sweet. It takes you to Golf countries with memoires you had there. You can perfectly take the amber and aoud from this bottle on your clothes. This scent makes me feel happy.
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

The special moments
There are moments and days in a person's life that are simply different from the others. You know exactly those days you will always remember. It is these days that make life worth living. The reasons for this are usually decisive changes in life, be it professional, social or family. Some special days cannot be foreseen, others can. I'm thinking, for example, of getting married and getting married. It is generally known that this day will come at some point and it is for this day that I have reserved this fragrance. Because it matches like the bridal gown to the bride.

What symbolizes romance as well as a huge bouquet of ripe red roses? That's exactly the scent. Full, ripe red authentic roses.

At first the fragrance opens slightly citric and has a medicinal effect for the first few seconds. But that passes quickly and he transforms into the most beautiful Rose-Oud-combo (and of it there are as well known meanwhile like sand at the sea) which I was allowed to smell so far. Amber is not so strongly represented here but just as much to give the fragrance together with fig and iris an incredibly luxurious character. The medicinal oud at the beginning deviates, fades into the background and gives the fragrance a beautiful oriental touch.

All in all, the fragrance is very voluminous, very rich, attractive, erotic, luxurious and quite inviting.

Amber Aoud projects up to 6 hours very well and then weakens slowly, taking a long time to get really close. In general, the shelf life is exceptionally good.

I think you can compare Amber Aoud with Oud Satin Mood and Oud Silk Mood from MFK. He doesn't have a jam rose like the Satin Mood and not a medicinal Oud like the Silk Mood. I also find him more masculine than his two colleagues from MFK. In general it smells more qualitative and rounder.

I reserve this scent for myself for important occasions, because it would be simply too bad for the everyday life...
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Soon you'll be able to suffocate everyone in big scented clouds again!
It's September now. We still have summer, but autumn is slowly coming. Although the sun is supposed to blow in again for a few days in September, but probably in a more pleasant way instead of blowing an OPEN mouth with its unbearable heat :DD

Hm, stupid introduction... but I just wanted to make it clear that summer can be beautiful, but in exaggerated heat it is less enjoyable, unless you have the time or opportunity to spend each of these heat waves days on the beach or lake and instead sweat at home, in the office or anywhere else at work! Be that as it may, soon we will have autumn, which means that you could slowly get out the autumnal scents. Fragrances that smell heavier and more intense, such as oud fragrances. And I bet, some are already dying to finally get their heavy scents out again and to be able to pollute the whole environment :D

And yes, even though I was still complaining about oud here about two years ago and always thought that people would have to be absolutely crazy because they would use such scents, I have now realized that there are very good oud scents! Beautifully dosed oud in harmoniously composed scents really smell wonderful! Like this Roja here, who I liked very much and who fortunately didn't turn out stinging despite the intensive sillage.

Oh and no... coriander (who knows me here knows that I absolutely hate it!), I will NEVER find favor! If it's present in a fragrance and you can hardly smell it, it's still okay, but if you smell this disgusting herb, I'll be gone very quickly. Hm... People would have to be absolutely crazy to find fragrances with coriander good, just by the way :DD

The fragrance:
At the beginning I smell intense, but not pungent Oud, which together with the citric notes, especially lemon and bergamot, smells quite great. As almost typical for an Oriental, one immediately smells roses, which are also not weakly turned out.
The beginning is rather still a little sweet and more resinous and acidic-floral (as well as a little bit citric). Gradually it gets a bit sweeter (probably because of the jasmine) and heavier-flowery (ylang-ylang, which also makes the fragrance a bit muggier, but by far not as "badly muggy" as I sometimes feel scents like ylang-ylang).
If I'm not mistaken, I even smell green notes in the background (but only if I really smell concentrated at the sprayed spot, otherwise you won't notice it!).
Later the scent remains oudig and rosy. The ylang-ylang is getting weaker again. The sweetness now clearly comes from the eponymous and unmistakable amber, a little oakmoss is added, which makes the fragrance more mature, otherwise there is a herbaceous-spicy (kitchen) note with the saffron, which goes very well with the fragrance. The background of the base is woody, which at first is faint and on which all the other scents above are happy, although the woody notes become much stronger in the later base. And then, by the way, a vetiver note appears, which is probably the patchouli, because patchouli smells earthy, too, but it just seems like vetiver to me. This fragrance can be smelled for some time until it becomes so weak that you can then smell light resinous and sweet notes again, but then the fragrance is generally extremely weak.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
Almost Roja-typically the smell is very strong, so that one leaves a longer time a larger smell cloud behind. So, at work or at work, it is better to dose it a little lower, even if the scent is not pungent.
The durability is quite good with about twelve to fourteen hours, but somehow a bit lower than the average roja, which you can usually smell the next morning.

The bottle:
The rectangular bottle is as high quality as ever. Made of crystal glass, it has a real gold label and a hand-made lid, also made of real gold, in which many Swarovski stones have been embedded. A very great bottle!

Soo, yeah, I really liked that scent. It smells very high quality, the scents were mixed well, you can't recognize anything synthetic, the scents radiate well and last long. So it is the perfect companion for autumn, if you like oud and roses (as well as later woods), because these scents are the strongest scents for me next to the amber here in the fragrance.

Otherwise there is hardly anything wrong with the scent, so it is only a matter of taste whether you want to use such a scent or not. But as mentioned, you should not dose it too much at work, because it might get on some people's nerves in the long run, because despite its gentle side (yes, the scent is also a little warm and soft) it radiates a lot.

You can also use it for going out, but it's not really a party scent in my opinion, unless you're planning to dance with an oil sheikh, who seems to like oudige and rosy scents most of all :D
Whereby the smell could come over however one or other also a little bit sexy, if one can claim this at all from oudigen smells :D

Anyway, it's a fragrance you should have tried!
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Freshdennis
Thief in the night. Oriental reveries.
Scent - light, vanilla musk amber with sugar-sweet saffron and rose.

"Sumptuous Mysterious Sensuality", Roja Dove
(english: exuberant mysterious sensuality)

Hmm, let's see ...

Saturday, that winter day in 2017. Somewhere in Germany.

When I held the classic Roja 100ml bottle in my hand for the first time, I immediately noticed the dark liquid, which already smelled like saffron and roses due to its colour alone. My first question I had in mind was: "Stains on clothing?".

The visual scent impression was confirmed during the first application: Rosy, sweet, oriental. But without the classic heaviness of this fragrance category. Once the rose was considered a wild herb - until someone recognized its fragrance and beauty.

In the fragrance pyramid you can read: Ambra and Oud - what a wonderful duo. However, I couldn't recognize any Oud.

I could smell the saffron very strongly as well as vanilla musk amber. I liked that very much, but it didn't knock me off my feet
There wasn't much development on my skin over the next few hours. All in all everything remained rosy-sweet and sticky and soft. Nothing's bothering here. Nothing excites. An atmosphere of tranquillity, to simply dwell within oneself.

Dear Roja, the lush mysterious sensuality I unfortunately can't sign like this.

Time - I would wear it in colder months of the day.

Sillage - I was not noticed, I did not receive any compliment.

I found the Sillage to be comprehensive during application, but it subsided very, very quickly. Afterwards the smell was perceptible at me very closely.

Shelf life - 6 hours

I imagined the durability to be much more generous. Even my environment could no longer perceive him on my skin. Although rose scents keep on me very well, this was not the case with Amber Aoud.

Sex - Unisex

All in all a classic, high-quality Roja, whose handwriting is immediately recognizable in this movement. However, Amber Aoud is not a fragrance that makes me think "Woho! The one I MUST have!". It does not disturb, but will surely go down quietly and quietly in the mass of new fragrances.
7.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Jarrock32
Unique start, common and well mixed base.
Delightful and unique way in perfumery to start a dificult and astringent chord of oud, ambergris and rose. Like no perfume that I could test. Then begin to shine the saffron and soft ambered texture. Starts very promising, but then the initial strenght goes down and ruins, in my opinion, a perfect smell; an "unstable-stabilized" perfection of oud. Perfume turns into an ambered soft common base mixed with saffron that we all have seen before, and we can get of many other perfumes in a cheaper range of prices. I can see clear references to Red Aoud of montale. Worth the price? Sample yes. Full Bottle.. I don´t think so..
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Smooth amber aoud concotion
I love aoud and amber and to have a combination which is smooth is just divine. The aoud is quite soft and the amber is not like Tom Ford medicinal amber absolute. Amber aoud has excellent silage and longevity 18 hours and going. Another fab creation from 'professor of perfumery'!
7.0/10

More Rose than Amber
I'd say that this to me is much more a Rose Aoud than a properly Amber Aoud. It doesn't have the thick, vanillic and incense aura that you would expect from a classic Amber approach, and it also doesn't have the woody, light, sometimes plastic modern aura that you get from woody ambery bases. Leaving this aside, this is a good, silky and rich aoud and rose orchestration, surrounded by a velvet suedish touch which lingers discretly on skin. Altough the fragrance seems to be more complex, it relies basically around these three facets, creating an harmony which is very pleasant to be noticed all day. It has a great longevity, a small sample lasted all day on me, and while i see a lot of quality on here, it seems to me very safe, something made for the one which is willing to pay for quality and wants and oud rose orchestration which softens the rough aspects of this noble wood. It's at least worth a sample.

Lexa 2 years ago
This is not a new combo in the history of fragrances,isn't at all one of a kind mix ,but the way every ingredient is used makes it art.+1
Q8baggio 3 years ago

by Twocents
by Twocents
by CubaMike
by CubaMike
A great amber / oud, but then I've met them more complex and better
by Carlossp

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Danger (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Enslaved (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Amore Mio by Roja Parfums Ti Amo by Roja Parfums Lilac by Roja Parfums Enigma / Creation-E (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 1 by Roja Parfums