Amber Aoud 2012Parfum

Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Top 16 in Unisex Perfume
Amber Aoud (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig, Grasse jasmine, May rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oud, Birch, Cinnamon, Musk, Oakmoss, Iris, Patchouli, Saffron, Sandalwood, Benzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.02.2021.

The scent is also available as Absolue Précieux and Crystal Parfum. The Crystal Parfum is supposed be the result of a special distillation technique to create colorless oils.

Veni, vidi, vici..
...certainly not 1:1 true, in the approach, however, probably by far the most meaningful quote regarding my encounter with the troops of Pontus... sorry...Roja of course!

Speaking of encounters, this one unfortunately started, due to travel restrictions, not at 51 Burlington Arcade in Mayfair, but with a visit to Roja's homepage. Experience shopping in the evening on the sofa. Roja's marketing strategy seems to be a success, as I had already, after only a few minutes, successfully added a handful of fragrances to my shopping cart. Order with payment? Why not, 5 stars summer vacation falls this year anyway again into the water! In the end, reason and common sense prevailed and I completed my order including Amber Aoud and a pair of 7.5 ml Discorvery Atomisers. After sending the tracking ID, I have this then of course hourly chased by the DPD shipment tracking. Childish, clearly!

In transit (UK),
Parcel cleared by customs (NL),
At parcel delivery centre (DE),
Out for delivery (DE),
WICKED!!!!

My parcel was marked with a large warning label "dangerous goods". Yes, I can confirm that, after skin contact with AA.

I have never, experienced such an authentic and aromatic citrus start. Finally, no WC duck! After a short time, rose then joins and AA becomes m. E. a little heavier and more elegant, but does not lose its initial fresh breeze. Fig and jasmine certainly help to perfect the whole fragrance experience, though I don't really notice these notes. The grand finale is, warm, woody-spicy, leathery and Roja typical with a hint of powdery chypre feel. The oud comes across very fresh and subtle and is neither medicinal nor fecal. However, I do notice a very slight cheesy note at temperatures above 25°C. Thus for me definitely no summer scent. Nevertheless, unique and exceptionally beautiful!

He came, he saw, he conquered!

Ptsau
Another love of Rose Oud combination!
This is gorgeous. I got a 2ml sample of it and thought it smells just like the Oud Satin Mood that I already have at first but once it dries down, it runs its own course. It’s Ambery, the rose is not as jammy, more Oud detected, and the ambergris gives it a slight animalic. Performance is not as beastly as OSM but more rounder, though still very good performance but just not as loud (still not skin scent) so the Amber Aoud is more versatile and wearable while I have to be careful on the occasion using OSM because it is so strong. Last about 10+ hours on my skin while OSM lasts 12+ hours. Actually I shouldn’t compare them together because they only have similar opening and they’re both rose Oud combination. They’re very different after the opening. I got to be honest, the Amber Aoud has even better quality (divine quality) than OSM, although I thought the quality of OSM is already so good. It’s just smoother. I still love them both.

I’m going to get a 100ml of it now. The problem is, I don’t know which version I should get. I got a sample of the crystal Parfum version too and they smell the same but I found the dark juice version has slightly better performance and thicker than the crystal version while the crystal version is safe on clothes. Anyone can help me with choosing?
Guenni
Roja Dove Is Actually Not A Black Sheep...
We know or have already met several times people who only have a big mouth, but nothing behind it.

In the fragrance world it is the same: Geile bottles with noble boxes, etc.. But the fragrance itself is not worth talking about.

Roja Dove is certainly one of those.........I thought to myself. I was wrong.

I tested Amber Aoud, Aoud and Enigma.

Old folder!!!

Amber Aoud is indeed beautiful, more beautiful and most beautiful!!!
This starts right off with an opulent rose that outshines all the other ingredients for a while.
My skin seems to like rose. Even with Aoud, I noticed a dominant rose.

However, the character of Amber Aoud is markedly different.
While Aoud presents a fleshy or bloody and smoky rose, I perceive a freshly conductive rose in Amber Aoud.

After about 3 hrs, Aber comes into play and makes the fragrance a tad more complex through a perfectly balanced interplay between Amber and the rose.

Oud I do not smell.... I could only perceive amber and rose. So I went to bed once yesterday.
Today I got up at 7am after my 9 hour sleep.
. The scent is still there. However, it has become a soft oud scent. When exactly oud will come on the scene, I don't know. But the soft oud scent was there!

What surprised me was the clear statement from this fragrance: what starts opulent, soft and fresh, closes all chapters fresh and soft. No nasty surprise! Even oud was quiet and "gone with the wind" without weakening.
It was different with Aoud. There remained only ashes of oud at the end, which also convinced me very much.

The development itself may not sound so exciting. But high-quality is the fragrance and the fragrance represents a perfect balance for the depth.
Earlier, I had once tested Rose Oud by Kilian. Rose Oud was much brighter and much fresher.
Yesterday, I still had Satin Mood by MFK on my right arm and the Rose was noticeably smokier and "darker".
Amber Aoud would be somewhere between Rose Oud and Satin Mood in terms of depth.

Amber Aoud is already very sumptuous and opulent. I would wear Amber Aoud rather on special occasions, where possibly Amouage Gold or Jubilation XXV could play into the game.
Olfactory Amouage Gold and Jubilation XXV have nothing in common with Amber Aoud. But all belong to the luxury class now.

Amber Aoud I can imagine on great ladies with their aristocratic names, carrying Birkin Bag or Kelly Bag and wearing a high-end cashmere coat from Loro Piana.

725 EUR is the price of the fragrance. As for the PLV, everyone must know for themselves, as the PLV is always subjective.
Amber Aoud is what for quiet connoisseurs and for trained nose, with which you can identify all the ingredients and have fun.

You have to hand it to Roja Dove: He manages to seduce people with his fragrances to a world of luxury.
He takes inspiration from old classics and he puts a modern twist on them. And that is successful.
Manogi
Noble scent in the cow barn
I guess I'm the only one who thinks Amber Aoud barnyardig. I can best describe the fragrance experience as if I was entering a cow barn wearing a nice smoky perfume. And this is not meant disrespectfully at all, because I like that. I also mean to notice that real ambergris is used here. There's a world of difference between amber aoud and perfumes that contain ambroxan. I therefore agree with most of the comments. The scent is great. Unfortunately, I will not be able to afford a whole bottle for the foreseeable future.
HIRH
Why do you do this to me, Roja?
The Roja Amber Aoud was a buy candidate for me last year. I knew about the existence of the Roja brand before my visit to the niche perfumery, but I also knew that people at Roja seemed to share my oriental fragrance preferences. But I was not aware of the quality of the fragrances and the price called for.

It was winter and I was in search of warming amber scent. Gladly in combination with some oud, because I simply love oud. I was presented with Tiziana Terenzi's Dionisio (which actually has vanilla as a second component instead of oud; oud only emerges in the base note at the end of the fragrance cycle) and Amber Aoud.

I sprayed one perfume on the left and one on the right. I could identify amber, oud and saffron as essential components of Roja. Amber and saffron, an already great combination known from iconic fragrances like MFK Baccarat Rouge. Then add some oud, which makes it stand out in a certain way. Seductive, oriental, yet gentle.

Nevertheless, I decided to go with Dionisio. Not because of the price, at that time I did not know the prices of both perfumes. But because I was looking for a cosy winter warmth on that day, which Dionisio rather corresponded to with the amber-vanilla combination.

Nevertheless, since that day I can't get the Amber Aoud out of my head. He is so beautiful and so gentle and so unique.

I hope to be able to get into a life situation one day that allows me to spend 725€ for 100ml perfume without a guilty conscience. Until then I wait patiently to be able to add it to my collection.

Cheers
Mansoury
The Arab in a jacket or Prince Harry in a caftan?
Amber Aoud by Roja is the gentlest oriental fragrance I have ever smelled, such a fine fragrance composition where each instrument in the symphony plays its part in the masterpiece.

We don't need to talk about shelf life or silage with this fragrance, because they are overwhelming in their own way and wise.
Roja typical top quality.
The first time I wore this fragrance, I was in Dubai, where a local guy approached me about my scent, we got to talking, it turned out that he was a Roja fanatic and was surprised that I was wearing this fragrance.
In the end we stayed in touch, until today, his collection of fragrances is indescribable.

Let us now come to the essential, Roja typical the product is delivered in a high quality packaging the bottle is a 10/10, spray head could be a little bit finer for this price as with Black Afgano.

Otherwise I have nothing to complain about this fragrance, of course it has its price but now and then you can get it for a fair price
Stay healthy, my dears.

Your mansoury
Serenissima
"Sillages, Sons de Parfum"
At this year's International Herrenchiemsee Festival, which Ennoch von Guttenberg (one of his sons is better known than him) founded in 2000 in the Hall of Mirrors of the impressive castle, a special premiere for us perfumers took place.
The Portuguese composer Bruno Soeiro, together with the Basel Chamber Orchestra, presented his latest composition: "Sillages, Sons de Parfum". He's trying to make perfume traces audible.
That sounds quite interesting at first and, according to the reviewer of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, he doesn't seem to have missed the real life with scents that much.
It says: "At times they (the perfume scent traces) seemed a little too strongly applied, but could also evaporate into surprisingly subtle decrescendi."
That this work lacks the finesse, however, was made clear in the next movement.

This is certainly an extraordinary attempt to capture scents in tones.
Do we know that fragrances have colours, shapes, sounds and even whole stories and memories? I can sing my own song about it and so I asked myself: would I have liked to be there when this sound child was born?
I'm not quite sure.

I'm sure I don't want to float on the scent of "Amber Aoud".
Oh, yeah! The Roja perfumes, which I got to know so far, gave new nourishment to my enthusiasm for oriental fragrances: I am really hungry for them!

"Amber Aoud" is a special fragrance event: smoky, spicy and woody Oud meets the warmth of precious ambergris.
But even with this extraordinary composition, the path first leads over a citrus-fresh bridge into this dreamlike fragrance Orient.
A pretty trio was put together here, which also welcomes the fig friendly.
Afterwards, however, you are already immersed in the luxuriousness of the flower worlds: Jasmine, again not quiet and fine.
No, jasmine shows its full beauty, which the enfleurage could elicit from the magnificent white flowers.
In the past it was said to have been exhilaratingly beautiful around Grasse to the jasmine blossom: huge fields dominated by flower masses - a sinful dream in scent.
In the meantime, large parts of the valley, which used to be green and fragrant, have been converted into industrial and luxury villas and apartments, destroying these valuable fields with natural fragrances.
Also the cultivation of the Mairose suffers a similar fate; against this is probably still fought.
"Money makes the World going round!" - unfortunately also here.
Maybe this knowledge makes me especially fond and precious of the two beauties Jasmine and Mairose in "Amber Aoud", combined here in such a fabulous way.
Combined with the generous embrace of luminous Ylang-Ylang, the fragrance now leads directly into the world of Thousand and One Nights.
A light-woody birch, the powdery iris and oak moss - beautiful dark green and warm - still form an aromatic fragrance greeting from Europe.
But already saffron embraces with an oriental touch; while patchouli provides the golden-brown earthy depth of this fragrance composition.
Musk and flirtatiously enticing cinnamon are fully integrated into this sensual creation - woody spice and creamy freshness of blossom beauty have so far offered themselves voluptuously.
But there is still something missing, the crowning finish; the couple that gives this Roja fragrance its name: golden ambergris warmth and oud, especially smoky and spicy.
But these two seem to bring me a little animalistic smelling friend.
Because also I perceive a not so quite weak Zibet note mentioned in other places.
All these precious scents are driven once again by a magic baton to the sonorous scent finale:
"Be embraced..." "Amber Aoud" seems to sing loud and melodious.

Like a scent and sound painting in the rich colours yellow, brown, golden brown and gold, this extraordinary seducer of senses appears.
For several hours "Amber Aoud" beguiles, not exactly shy and quiet. This fragrance god knows its value and is not willing to take a single step back.
This is also not necessary: I gladly leave the guidance to him with this completely special dance of the senses!
Because many a precious fragrance whirl makes me stagger easily - that's why I need the embrace of this powerful luxury being!
So be welcome!

Diyenli61
This scent makes you feel smile
This perfect blended parfume is warm and sweet. It takes you to Golf countries with memoires you had there. You can perfectly take the amber and aoud from this bottle on your clothes. This scent makes me feel happy.
The special moments
There are moments and days in a person's life that are simply different from the others. You know exactly those days you will always remember. It is these days that make life worth living. The reasons for this are usually decisive changes in life, be it professional, social or family. Some special days cannot be foreseen, others can. I'm thinking, for example, of getting married and getting married. It is generally known that this day will come at some point and it is for this day that I have reserved this fragrance. Because it matches like the bridal gown to the bride.

What symbolizes romance as well as a huge bouquet of ripe red roses? That's exactly the scent. Full, ripe red authentic roses.

At first the fragrance opens slightly citric and has a medicinal effect for the first few seconds. But that passes quickly and he transforms into the most beautiful Rose-Oud-combo (and of it there are as well known meanwhile like sand at the sea) which I was allowed to smell so far. Amber is not so strongly represented here but just as much to give the fragrance together with fig and iris an incredibly luxurious character. The medicinal oud at the beginning deviates, fades into the background and gives the fragrance a beautiful oriental touch.

All in all, the fragrance is very voluminous, very rich, attractive, erotic, luxurious and quite inviting.

Amber Aoud projects up to 6 hours very well and then weakens slowly, taking a long time to get really close. In general, the shelf life is exceptionally good.

I think you can compare Amber Aoud with Oud Satin Mood and Oud Silk Mood from MFK. He doesn't have a jam rose like the Satin Mood and not a medicinal Oud like the Silk Mood. I also find him more masculine than his two colleagues from MFK. In general it smells more qualitative and rounder.

I reserve this scent for myself for important occasions, because it would be simply too bad for the everyday life...
DonJuanDeCat
Soon you'll be able to suffocate everyone in big scented clouds again!
It's September now. We still have summer, but autumn is slowly coming. Although the sun is supposed to blow in again for a few days in September, but probably in a more pleasant way instead of blowing an OPEN mouth with its unbearable heat :DD

Hm, stupid introduction... but I just wanted to make it clear that summer can be beautiful, but in exaggerated heat it is less enjoyable, unless you have the time or opportunity to spend each of these heat waves days on the beach or lake and instead sweat at home, in the office or anywhere else at work! Be that as it may, soon we will have autumn, which means that you could slowly get out the autumnal scents. Fragrances that smell heavier and more intense, such as oud fragrances. And I bet, some are already dying to finally get their heavy scents out again and to be able to pollute the whole environment :D

And yes, even though I was still complaining about oud here about two years ago and always thought that people would have to be absolutely crazy because they would use such scents, I have now realized that there are very good oud scents! Beautifully dosed oud in harmoniously composed scents really smell wonderful! Like this Roja here, who I liked very much and who fortunately didn't turn out stinging despite the intensive sillage.

Oh and no... coriander (who knows me here knows that I absolutely hate it!), I will NEVER find favor! If it's present in a fragrance and you can hardly smell it, it's still okay, but if you smell this disgusting herb, I'll be gone very quickly. Hm... People would have to be absolutely crazy to find fragrances with coriander good, just by the way :DD

The fragrance:
At the beginning I smell intense, but not pungent Oud, which together with the citric notes, especially lemon and bergamot, smells quite great. As almost typical for an Oriental, one immediately smells roses, which are also not weakly turned out.
The beginning is rather still a little sweet and more resinous and acidic-floral (as well as a little bit citric). Gradually it gets a bit sweeter (probably because of the jasmine) and heavier-flowery (ylang-ylang, which also makes the fragrance a bit muggier, but by far not as "badly muggy" as I sometimes feel scents like ylang-ylang).
If I'm not mistaken, I even smell green notes in the background (but only if I really smell concentrated at the sprayed spot, otherwise you won't notice it!).
Later the scent remains oudig and rosy. The ylang-ylang is getting weaker again. The sweetness now clearly comes from the eponymous and unmistakable amber, a little oakmoss is added, which makes the fragrance more mature, otherwise there is a herbaceous-spicy (kitchen) note with the saffron, which goes very well with the fragrance. The background of the base is woody, which at first is faint and on which all the other scents above are happy, although the woody notes become much stronger in the later base. And then, by the way, a vetiver note appears, which is probably the patchouli, because patchouli smells earthy, too, but it just seems like vetiver to me. This fragrance can be smelled for some time until it becomes so weak that you can then smell light resinous and sweet notes again, but then the fragrance is generally extremely weak.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
Almost Roja-typically the smell is very strong, so that one leaves a longer time a larger smell cloud behind. So, at work or at work, it is better to dose it a little lower, even if the scent is not pungent.
The durability is quite good with about twelve to fourteen hours, but somehow a bit lower than the average roja, which you can usually smell the next morning.

The bottle:
The rectangular bottle is as high quality as ever. Made of crystal glass, it has a real gold label and a hand-made lid, also made of real gold, in which many Swarovski stones have been embedded. A very great bottle!

Soo, yeah, I really liked that scent. It smells very high quality, the scents were mixed well, you can't recognize anything synthetic, the scents radiate well and last long. So it is the perfect companion for autumn, if you like oud and roses (as well as later woods), because these scents are the strongest scents for me next to the amber here in the fragrance.

Otherwise there is hardly anything wrong with the scent, so it is only a matter of taste whether you want to use such a scent or not. But as mentioned, you should not dose it too much at work, because it might get on some people's nerves in the long run, because despite its gentle side (yes, the scent is also a little warm and soft) it radiates a lot.

You can also use it for going out, but it's not really a party scent in my opinion, unless you're planning to dance with an oil sheikh, who seems to like oudige and rosy scents most of all :D
Whereby the smell could come over however one or other also a little bit sexy, if one can claim this at all from oudigen smells :D

Anyway, it's a fragrance you should have tried!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 29 days ago
After a brief spicy-animalic citric opening, this warm and salty spicy-floral Chypre, settles to a gentle earthy-woody base. Sadly overhyped
LexaLexa 4 years ago
This is not a new combo in the history of fragrances,isn't at all one of a kind mix ,but the way every ingredient is used makes it art.
Q8baggioQ8baggio 4 years ago
A smooth sweet luxury Aoud with a excellent longevity.

Gegensätze ziehen sich an, dunkles Aoud und weisse Unschuld :-)
by Rosie88
by CubaMike
by CubaMike
by Twocents
by Twocents
A great amber / oud, but then I've met them more complex and better
by Carlossp

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums Danger pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums 51 pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja Haute Luxe by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 pour Femme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums