Aoud by Roja Parfums
Aoud is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Roja Dove

RhubarbRhubarb
SaffronSaffron
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Igraine, last update on 07.10.2021.

The scent is also available as Absolue Précieux and Crystal Parfum. The Crystal Parfum shall be the result of a special destillation technique to create coluorless oils.

Serenissima
rich, precious and a little dirty
A failed scent test left me with the feeling of having fallen into a tank of the cream in the blue can. Not only that: one had probably also still stirred with me!
Now this scent has been a challenge for me since my mum used those dark blue plastic bottles of body lotion when I was a kid: her first body lotion and she used quantities of it.
With that scent in my nose, I disappeared into the bathroom and scrubbed at myself first; it didn't help!
I felt thoroughly uncomfortable - and that was before the restful part of the day.
So the very big scent club had to hold out and this carries for me the name Roja!
First I thought of the golden "Amber Aoud", of which I have a bottling here.
But then pushed itself "Aoud" before and I knew immediately: now it becomes so beautifully opulent Oud-lastig!

No sooner said than done! And now I feel again so really well:
The powerful, naturally dirty beauty of Rojas "Aoud" surrounds me with the heavy drape of a precious velvet cloak in rich, deeply vibrant fragrance hues.
The golden fruits of the Hesperides shine as a prelude and, together with the enchantingly floral and aromatic - Roja's signature - Grasse floral heart, provide a certain balance to the olfactory fabric with which this cape has been lined!
For a gourmand, languidly flowing oud composition forms the rich base, almost overflowing with sensual exoticism!
Is it the woody notes (including cashmere and cedar), the multitude of cleverly placed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and precious saffron) or the smoky, resinous tones that make this fragrance so special?
Demonstrably leather contributes with a powerful fragrance chord to its extraordinary beauty.
A vanilla satiated by the added spices exudes warmth in a wide embrace and amber lets its precious fragrance fireworks shine.
All in all, "Aoud" finally reminds, not only from the color of its liquid, of a precious creamy liqueur, which has been expertly stored for several years and is now allowed to develop its delicate oriental aroma!

I always succumb to the primal yet elegant charm of these Roja fragrances.
I admit: I can't resist them!
Due to their skillfully composed richness of fragrance notes and an enormous durability, the feel-good effect, this immersion in the magic of the Orient for an evening, a night and even a little beyond is guaranteed.

And before this evening progresses much further, I indulge in another scented glass of "Aoud"!
"Moderation!" may be sometimes quite nice and also right; but please not with fragrances of the brand Roja:
Here lives the luxury!
Ischgelroi
Solid fragrance but not worth the price
Roja Aoud I had to test for a long time, as luck would have it, I recently received a small bottling of Aoud during a purchase in the souk. My anticipation was of course huge. Unfortunately, however, it should still take almost a month until I finally tested Aoud.

I must say quite clearly that I would have expected more, especially at the price of 725€ for 100 Ml. I always represent the opinion, if a fragrance has such a price, the fragrance must also be unique. Unfortunately, Aoud doesn't really manage to do that. For me, Aoud is a very nice rose and oud scent with a slight green note, which probably comes from the interplay of the floral and fresh notes. Unfortunately, the rose and oud combination already exists from almost every niche brand. Roja does a very good job of implementing it, but only minimally puts its own twist on it. I find this very unfortunate because my expectation was simply higher also due to the fact that Roja is always considered one of the best brands in the niche segment. Unfortunately, I can not pronounce a good to very good rating here, because for me here the claim of unique perfume and premium is not met. But I must still express praise for Roja the creation is really very good and nothing stands out unpleasantly.

The longevity is in a solid range for a rose/oud scent at 10 hours. The Silage is perceptible for 6-7 hours with me over an arm's length, which I find good.

In the end, unfortunately, the price and the lack of uniqueness is a KO criterion for a bottle buy for me.

so and so
It's a ni, to me. It starts with a nice fresh and spicy rose and after a few minutes you feel a little oud (slightly medicinal). When it starts to settle, however, the oud is almost completely overwhelmed by the rose and a dusty / spicy scent that I don't know whether to reconnect with saffron or ambergris; in this phase it is really difficult to smell the oud. Then the scent stabilizes and remains so until it dries. Mind you ... it's not bad, it's not at all, but ... from a perfume called Aoud I would have expected an oud in the foreground and not a simple support for the rose.

Taurus1967
Why this oud fragrance still surprises
With Roja Dove, one should really assume that his creations come across radiant, rich and of the highest elegance. So far, none of his fragrances has disappointed me, even if the price range is known to be beyond good and evil.

Although the subject of oud really no longer lures you out from behind the stove, it is still exciting what the master of exclusivity has made of it. The expectation is in any case huge, although you can guess before the mental nose, where the olfactory journey goes.

As Terra has already described, the color of Aoud is very dark or almost tincture-like. At bright textiles it should better not come when spraying, otherwise there could be visible stains.
Otherwise, the fragrance turns out to be exactly what you could think in principle: a rich Oudling, but very gentle and polished, in addition, with a neat rose note at eye level to the eagle wood.
Just at the beginning additionally streams verbena into the mix, which makes the Eau de Parfum something citrus-fresh and metallic-scratchy. Somehow a small counterpoint, where you wonder whether it seems dispensable or creative.

In the later course, nevertheless, oud and rose form the two main pillars, with dark woody notes and some floral nuances giving a smooth undertone. Otherwise, hardly what of the many other ingredients is perceptible in between.

Aoud goes so already more than ok and has quite its justification, whereby one must weigh that in 2011 such a combination was still relative virgin territory. Today, almost every perfume label has a similarly constructed fragrance in the portfolio - and especially far cheaper. And for the Roja Dove price, one or two eaglewood afficionados could get pure oud oil, albeit in far smaller quantities.

What really surprises me is the relatively manageable longevity and projection. For a Roja Dove fragrance and in this shade, I almost assumed you could fill a large gym with it for days. Slight disappointments are programmed there if necessary, but that should not diminish the quality of the Aouds.

Gorgeous Aoud!
If anyone is looking for smooth non-barnyard aoud, then this is the one to go for. I love aoud, but this is my favourite so far. It has become quite a norm for niche houses to launch aoud perfumes, but hands down, no one has done it better than Roja Dove. This is a winter warmer and for formal occasions.

MarabuntaMarabunta 2 months ago
OG Extrait. No artisanal rose-oud get close to this piece of perfection; what a masterpiece. Class, dark, all-seasons, sexy. A 10 out of 10.
MrLimuzinMrLimuzin 6 months ago
Georgous drydown! Be patient...

Apparently the least best selling from the 3 main Roja Aoud's. Better than the best seller, Amber Aoud.

by Marta
by Fedaie
by SuBen007
by SuBen007

Popular Roja Parfums

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Elysium (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oligarch pour Homme by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums 51 (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Chypré Extraordinaire by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums 51 (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Roja by Roja Parfums