Britannia (2016)

Version from 2016
Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums
Britannia (2016) (Roja Parfums)

Britannia (2016) is a popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Roja Dove

Top Notes Top NotesCitron, Bergamot, Mandarin, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose, Grasse jasmine, Champaca flower, Heliotrope, Sweet acacia, Violet, Peach
Base Notes Base NotesCinnamon, Clove, Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cocoa, Iris, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.11.2018

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Even if I follow my nose blindly....
...is clearly visible top quality.

This comment has also been taken 1:1 from my blind test blog, which was written before I knew which fragrance it was.
, without any subsequent change The - temporarily - last blind test: A climax:

Fruity-floral vintage fragrance, Oriental. Thick liquid-oily in the sense of luxuriant and by no means a light scent, rather heavy, but natural at the same time. Very noble, flowery. A classic Wummser of the 80s or a scent in the character of Jul et Mad.
In an untypical way there seems to be something fresh in the heart note, which wasn't in the top note yet - but I can't test the scent again, especially the short top note, because the tube is empty. I don't like this strangely fresh note so much, it's mostly in these old or old made women's fragrances and therefore quite rare, so I haven't gone looking for which herb(?) is the cause yet. It's not citric, it's a hint of eucalyptus or something. But neither is eucalyptus. Fortunately, this undertone disappears very quickly behind the overflowing, intense, but extremely natural-looking floweriness in the foreground. I mean, smelling opoponax, too. Probably Rose is also there, even if I don't smell her explicitly as such - typical for me. But the fragrance reminds me of Nin-Shar, which is very rose-laden, and of Miss Dior Le Parfum, also with a central rose, in an opulently soft, sluggish floweriness. Also resins seem to be present to me.

In the course of No. 6 it becomes more flowery and even softer than at the beginning.

In the middle of the heart note it loses massively in Sillage. Is that an extra?

Maybe this explains the fact that I only got a little bit sent by him, which unfortunately evaporated a little at these crazy temperatures, so that now only one and a half sprayers remained?

In the course of time the fragrance becomes more powdery and cinnamon seems to be present as well as car tyre iris. That's what I call certain iris notes that have an undertone of rubber abrasion. I also mean smelling something animal in the background. Zibet? Strangely enough, the intensity of the fragrance continues to decrease. Since No. 6 seems very natural to me, it may also be that I adapt to it much faster than to fragrances that seem more artificial to me. I've noticed this phenomenon before.

For the fact that I was only able to test one and a half sprayers, I was now able to write quite extensively. This may be due to the fact that there is a lot to smell in this fragrance and it is very intense, but without having an intense sillage. I wouldn't be surprised if this fragrance had a pyramid as long as the old perfumes from the 70s of the last century
I think No. 6 is made from the highest quality ingredients of all the tested ones. Still, I think it might well be an extrait. It keeps close to the skin for 12 hours.

I think it is an impressive and noble fragrance, I would place it in the top class, even if it doesn't suit me personally. But a bottling, for days when I'm just longing for such a soft, warm, flowery-cinnamon oriental, I'd like to have.

I bow to FrauLohse: Thank you for allowing me to test this fragrance!
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Colourful and dazzling like the British
I think, not only since the extremely popular black humorous series "Little Britain", one knows that the British are a partly quite shrill people.

The content of this perfume fits as an olfactory statement to the absolutely eccentric side of the islanders (could pass as Elton John's favourite fragrance). After all, here in Britannia everything has been packed in that is fresh, fruity, sweet and powdery-creamy at the same time. At first in the typical Roja Dove manner extremely citric, but then a furious fireworks display begins with all sorts of exotic floral and spicy notes.

Heliotrope already plays a leading role, but one gets the impression that every few seconds one sniffs something different, so to speak the smell spills from one metamorphosis to the next, like a kaleidoscope in constant movement between refreshingly refreshing tips, exotic-fruity surprises and creamy-powdery warmth.

No question, this is not only relatively unusual, but also in fact in top quality. With other perfumes, such a variety can quickly degenerate into a pampiges Kuddelmuddel, in which case the components get along nicely, even if not every nuance is immediately apparent.
In part it reminds me of the metallic-luxurious appearance of Amouage's Gold Man with a dash of heliotrope and a few splashes of sweetened peach as well as a cocoa vanilla creamy finish.

Britannia makes you in a good mood and somehow you get a little wistful when you think of the Brexit (which luckily doesn't mean the end of this fragrance).

Lexa 2 years ago
Flowery Gourmand fragrance(cocoa,vanilla),powdered from head to toes.Long lasting Roja style,a puff goes on forever.Similar to Amore Mio .+3
Hermesh 2 years ago
Delicate sweetish bouquet, simultaneously subtle fresh, in fine powdery cloud (orris).+1
Bottle 9.0

• by ExUser by ExUser
  • by WitweBolte by WitweBolte
  • by Aromatos by Aromatos

Popular Roja Parfums

Amber Aoud by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum Cologne) by Roja Parfums Danger (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enslaved (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber by Roja Parfums Britannia (2016) by Roja Parfums Nüwa (2015) by Roja Parfums Ti Amo by Roja Parfums Amore Mio by Roja Parfums Enigma / Creation-E (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Lilac by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Innuendo / Creation-I (Parfum) by Roja Parfums